Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2016, 7:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
That cop, good intentioned or not, needs to not only loose his job, but ALL acquired monetary benefits, pension funds, etc., with said wealth transferred to the individual whose life he ruined.
You have never made a mistake or a misjudgment? Besides, who said that the life of the person arrested was ruined?
Old 12-15-2016, 7:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
There's no precedent for this. Stop perpetuating this gun forum fear mongering.

You'd be surprised how many anti-gun folk would actually be nice to you and hear you out if you don't talk down on them. This includes the mythical 'anti-gun' cop.
I'm not perpetuating "fear mongering" as you put it. Just saying what could happen not what will happen. I'll err on the side of caution so I can keep my guns. As far as having a conversation with an anti-gun LEO goes...

I don't want to find out on my way back from the range with my AW that the LEO does not want to hear my opinion and is taking me and my AW to jail for the DA to work out the details.

No thank you!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 12-15-2016, 7:17 AM
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
There's no precedent for this. Stop perpetuating this gun forum fear mongering.
I recall things like this happening a number of times in in the mid-2000s, at the start of the off list lower craze.
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.
Old 12-15-2016, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogohopper View Post
I do. They'll do whatever they're told, especially if they risk losing their pay/careers. As a group they have never taken a stand for the "less equals" to that degree, and they never will.

Anyone disagree ?
And we're back to where we started which is they're not told about EVERYTHING. Dealing with an encounter involving an AW or something that looks like one is not very high on their list of things to deal with.

I see no reason a cop would 'bring you in' for having literally ANY kind of gun unless there was something else suspicious about you. The more a cop knows about gun classification, the higher chance they are pro gun.
Old 12-15-2016, 7:47 AM
Calguns Addict

You guys have not been paying attention. Has Obama tough you nothing?

There is no longer "Illegal" only "Undocumented"

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 12-15-2016, 8:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Don't assume cops know every law on the books. There's a very high chance any cop on the street does not know the full/exact definition of an CA assault weapon.
This is why I always carry a printed out copy of CA gun laws in my range bag. I'd rather figure it out there than back at the police station.

The new regs will be printed as soon as they are released and added to the pile.
Old 12-15-2016, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
This is why I always carry a printed out copy of CA gun laws in my range bag. I'd rather figure it out there than back at the police station.

The new regs will be printed as soon as they are released and added to the pile.
This is a good idea. Maybe we should compile an abbreviated pocket card so as to not have to carry around a phone book.
Old 12-15-2016, 9:10 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

ojisan has it right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojisan View Post

You can't use that stock with that flash hider and that grip unless you have a magazine lock but wait it has to be a new kind of magazine lock not the old kind but if you registered it twenty years ago you're good to go but if not you might go to jail but if you change to this stock and that grip then you're probably OK but that combo hasn't been to court yet so nobody knows.

Last edited by Spyder; 12-15-2016 at 3:48 PM..
Old 12-15-2016, 10:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Bottom line here is that no one truly knows what will happen with these new laws. There is what is written (letter of the law!) and then there are the practical realities of what could happen with an uninformed or anti-gun LEO when you are pulled over for a minor traffic infraction. We just don't know how this will all shake out in the real world.

Everyone can do whatever they feel is best for them. I'm keeping my AW in the safe until I am comfortable with the as yet unknown interpretation of these ridiculous laws.

Carry on!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Old 12-15-2016, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Bottom line here is that no one truly knows what will happen with these new laws. There is what is written (letter of the law!) and then there are the practical realities of what could happen with an uninformed or anti-gun LEO when you are pulled over for a minor traffic infraction. We just don't know how this will all shake out in the real world.

Everyone can do whatever they feel is best for them. I'm keeping my AW in the safe until I am comfortable with the as yet unknown interpretation of these ridiculous laws.

Carry on!
I don’t disagree with keeping your AW in the safe if I had one I might do likewise but on the flip side this is what the state is really after they are winning already.
Old 12-15-2016, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
You have never made a mistake or a misjudgment? Besides, who said that the life of the person arrested was ruined?
Of course I have made mistakes. But I am not arresting people, deserved or not. An arrest record means the person most likely was "booked", a stigma all to it's own, and the fact that an arrest usually stays with that person FOR LIFE, irregardless if any conviction ever resulted. Want a good career that requires an extensive and deep background check? That arrest will be disclosed, discovered, and asked about. You will have to explain it, and hope the investigator dosent think you are lying. It is a negative mark, no matter what.
Cost?....Bail, legal counsel, potential loss of work, etc. No thanks!
Old 12-16-2016, 3:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
Of course I have made mistakes. But I am not arresting people, deserved or not. An arrest record means the person most likely was "booked", a stigma all to it's own, and the fact that an arrest usually stays with that person FOR LIFE, irregardless if any conviction ever resulted. Want a good career that requires an extensive and deep background check? That arrest will be disclosed, discovered, and asked about. You will have to explain it, and hope the investigator dosent think you are lying. It is a negative mark, no matter what.
Cost?....Bail, legal counsel, potential loss of work, etc. No thanks!
+1000 on this!

Old 12-16-2016, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogohopper View Post
I do. They'll do whatever they're told, especially if they risk losing their pay/careers. As a group they have never taken a stand for the "less equals" to that degree, and they never will.

Anyone disagree ?
I've told supervisors on multiple occasions to go pound sand for a variety of reasons (in a polite manner) because they wanted me to confiscate property or arrest someone for reasons I disagreed with.

Still working and still have their respect.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2016, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingnrj View Post
I've told supervisors on multiple occasions to go pound sand for a variety of reasons (in a polite manner) because they wanted me to confiscate property or arrest someone for reasons I disagreed with.

Still working and still have their respect.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thank you for honoring your oath of office. If more LEOs where like this the CA legislature would be a toothless clawless tiger.
Old 12-16-2016, 9:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
This is a good idea. Maybe we should compile an abbreviated pocket card so as to not have to carry around a phone book.
Great idea for Cal Guns, print out a pocket CA gun law guide, sort of like my pocket Constitution? Include all the new regs and all of us will be armed with the truth!

This is as good as an idea as the flow chart.