Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Davy87's Avatar
Davy87 Davy87 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Maria
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quick question. In SLO county do they issue to non-residents of the county that primarily work in the county? I live in SB county but work in SLO county 99% of the time. We all know the non issueing sheriff in SB county. I believe my line of work would have a justified good cause. Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Strykeback Strykeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,264
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy87 View Post
Quick question. In SLO county do they issue to non-residents of the county that primarily work in the county? I live in SB county but work in SLO county 99% of the time. We all know the non issueing sheriff in SB county. I believe my line of work would have a justified good cause. Any info would be appreciated.
There is a cutout in the rules for something like this. As a resident in ****ty SB county i tries but working retail and no managers to sign off on my appeal it was no go. Depends on your work and how 2A your boss is

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 7,965
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
It’s my renewal. I live in Templeton
Unfortunately, you don't help dispel the notion that Sheriff Parkinson doesn't like to issue to city residents: Templeton is not an incorporated city in SLO Co.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Lu...ia#Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy87 View Post
Quick question. In SLO county do they issue to non-residents of the county that primarily work in the county? I live in SB county but work in SLO county 99% of the time. We all know the non issueing sheriff in SB county. I believe my line of work would have a justified good cause. Any info would be appreciated.
(1) Business permits, based upon the location of the business, are good for only 90 days. Not sure how the costs compare per year.

(2) Lots of sheriffs choose not to issue them. (Don't know if that is legal or not...)

(3) I don't recall if Business based CCW permits holders are limited to carrying within the county that issued it.

Bottom line: business based CCW permits aren't worth it. JMO
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 06-08-2018 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 06-10-2018, 5:42 AM
offrdmania's Avatar
offrdmania offrdmania is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 3,562
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Unfortunately, you don't help dispel the notion that Sheriff Parkinson doesn't like to issue to city residents: Templeton is not an incorporated city in SLO Co.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Lu...ia#Communities


(1) Business permits, based upon the location of the business, are good for only 90 days. Not sure how the costs compare per year.

(2) Lots of sheriffs choose not to issue them. (Don't know if that is legal or not...)

(3) I don't recall if Business based CCW permits holders are limited to carrying within the county that issued it.

Bottom line: business based CCW permits aren't worth it. JMO
It is my understanding that Ian doesnt make the decision for city permits, that comes down to the local PD where the application must go through first. Ian would only issue those in the city based on the PDs recommendation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed Liberal
"Gator Monroe posts are like a good fart, sometimes they make you laugh but they always stink".

Last edited by offrdmania; 06-10-2018 at 5:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 06-10-2018, 9:28 AM
ColdDeadHands1's Avatar
ColdDeadHands1 ColdDeadHands1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
Posts: 3,231
iTrader: 67 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
It is my understanding that Ian doesnt make the decision for city permits, that comes down to the local PD where the application must go through first. Ian would only issue those in the city based on the PDs recommendation.
Templeton does not have a police department. The SLO County Sheriff services that area so a resident's application would be submitted directly to Ian Parkinson's office.
__________________


"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 06-10-2018, 1:29 PM
offrdmania's Avatar
offrdmania offrdmania is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 3,562
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
Templeton does not have a police department. The SLO County Sheriff services that area so a resident's application would be submitted directly to Ian Parkinson's office.
That is correct, I applied directly through the Sheriffs office. I was replying to the post above. I was talking about those who live in Paso or Atascadero where there is a local PD.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed Liberal
"Gator Monroe posts are like a good fart, sometimes they make you laugh but they always stink".
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 07-04-2018, 6:55 AM
adamkdoiron adamkdoiron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Posts: 135
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Hey everyone, I had a question in regards to CCW in SLO county, I will be moving up to a property in Arroyo Grande (though outside city limits) where I will be working while I am in school. Does that mean I need to apply with the local county? I have never applied for a CCW in CA (been living in AZ on a ranch for the last 5 years, moving back for family/ school reasons) and not sure how to go about it.
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 07-14-2018, 8:38 PM
offrdmania's Avatar
offrdmania offrdmania is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 3,562
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkdoiron View Post
Hey everyone, I had a question in regards to CCW in SLO county, I will be moving up to a property in Arroyo Grande (though outside city limits) where I will be working while I am in school. Does that mean I need to apply with the local county? I have never applied for a CCW in CA (been living in AZ on a ranch for the last 5 years, moving back for family/ school reasons) and not sure how to go about it.
It is based off of your permanent address location. You cant use a temporary address for a CCW
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed Liberal
"Gator Monroe posts are like a good fart, sometimes they make you laugh but they always stink".
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:18 PM
adamkdoiron adamkdoiron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Posts: 135
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
It is based off of your permanent address location. You cant use a temporary address for a CCW
I understand that, my permanent would be there as I am a CA resident, not AZ, just was curious if I apply in AG or with the county?
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Glock-23 Glock-23 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 34
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

In CA you can apply with either the County Sheriff or the City Chief of Police in the City in which you reside, if one exists. Read through this thread history to see which is best based on others' experience.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:46 PM
Strykeback Strykeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,264
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkdoiron View Post
I understand that, my permanent would be there as I am a CA resident, not AZ, just was curious if I apply in AG or with the county?
How far outside the city? Like lopez lake area? Nipomo area? Just go to the slo county sheriffs office and they will take care of you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 07-15-2018, 7:57 AM
adamkdoiron adamkdoiron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Posts: 135
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykeback View Post
How far outside the city? Like lopez lake area? Nipomo area? Just go to the slo county sheriffs office and they will take care of you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Im outside city limits up above newsom canyon a bit to the SE of town, It looks like I would have a pretty good chance of getting one being in a rural area and working in the agricultural industry having read through some of the thread. Out in AZ we just carried with the whole constitutional carry so that was pretty convenient, but SLO county is stilll better then SB county where I grew up.

Last edited by adamkdoiron; 07-15-2018 at 8:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 07-15-2018, 8:08 AM
Strykeback Strykeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,264
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkdoiron View Post
Im outside city limits up above newsom canyon a bit to the SE of town, It looks like I would have a pretty good chance of getting one being in a rural area and working in the agricultural industry having read through some of the thread. Out in AZ we just carried with the whole constitutional carry so that was pretty convenient, but SLO county is stilll better then SB county where I grew up.
Yeah im still in SB county and these idiots keep putting sheriff Brown back in every election. You should be an easy one. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.