Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingTheMerciless View Post
Turns out the one I received was not the anodized unit. It was the plain one. And the LPK I added wasn't there. Couldn't tell which order they filled as it was just a lower in an otherwise empty box.

Guys check your magazine wells. Mine has the problem being discussed in the NorCal build threads: Mag doesn't drop free. I haven't mic'd it but you can eyeball it and see slightly uneven machining depth/wall thickness inside the well. Magazine goes in and out and its fairly easy to see the polish marks left by the mag on the well, and aluminum residue on the mag itself (I am using pmags), which you use to decide where to do your filing. Some time with a file last night took off about half the problem.

If this was an anodized lower I'd be filing off the anodization so can't say I'm unhappy they seem to have forgotten to ship that one or charge me for it.
Also guys using PMAGS, I've noticed my 10/20 mags are just a hair thicker than my 10/30s. If you can, check your fit with both. My 10/30s drop free while 10/20s stick and will require a little file/sandpaper work.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJB View Post
Do you folks know of any shops renting machining equipment in NorCal?
You can sign up for a build party here -

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=573827
Old 01-15-2013, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingTheMerciless View Post
Turns out the one I received was not the anodized unit. It was the plain one. And the LPK I added wasn't there. Couldn't tell which order they filled as it was just a lower in an otherwise empty box.

Guys check your magazine wells. Mine has the problem being discussed in the NorCal build threads: Mag doesn't drop free. I haven't mic'd it but you can eyeball it and see slightly uneven machining depth/wall thickness inside the well. Magazine goes in and out and its fairly easy to see the polish marks left by the mag on the well, and aluminum residue on the mag itself (I am using pmags), which you use to decide where to do your filing. Some time with a file last night took off about half the problem.
checked mine last night with both a pmag and a loaded steel 10rd, pmag dropped free, steel mag required a little motivation. There are still bits of metal here and there where the machining was done on mine not sure if that's normal or not, doesn't really bother me though.

Last edited by DBoulant; 01-15-2013 at 1:37 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 3:11 PM

Default Order Update

Just wanted to post an update for people waiting on orders or thinking of submitting new orders. I'm waiting on my order that I placed on 1/6. I called and spoke with someone at Rohg just now. She mentioned that they would have shipped my order already but the LPK they received for me was missing a part. Note: I was impressed to hear this because there are so many parts that it would be easy for someone sloppy to just ship it out anyways and not even notice. Nice job! They just got a new LPK in for my order. She mentioned that my order was now complete and would go out today, tomorrow at the latest.

I asked her about how it was going and she said they are catching up on orders now and have been swamped. She mentioned they aren't accepting any more orders until Feb.

Just thought I'd pass on what I knew...
Old 01-15-2013, 5:14 PM

I ordered a couple of the nonanodized lowers sometime last week. The guy I talked to was professional and told me they were running behind about 7-9 days. So no problem was willing to wait. Strangely enough just received my lowers yesterday, which was awsome!! Since these are 80% and not completely finished. I expected I would have to do a little work on them (ie.deburring, filing)to clean them up before anodizing. I read the previous posts on mags not fitting right. So I checked 4 or 5 different makers of mags including rnd counts of 10/20 and 10/30. They fit perfect and dropped perfect. Hope everything works out for everyone else, mine works perfect.
Old 01-15-2013, 8:48 PM

i must say...my experience with Rohg Arms has been hassle-free and exceeded my expectations. I called them around 11am and asked if i could stop by the shop to mill my 80%. They asked me to come by around 3pm. I made it to the shop around 230pm and they took me in to start work on my lower right away. I will most definitely be doing business with them in the near future!
Old 01-16-2013, 6:19 AM

They have jigs on their site now. $150.00
Old 01-16-2013, 8:19 AM

forgot to mention that they charge $80 to use their machines but discount you if you also purchase an upper during your visit.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:58 AM

332 posts and no answer to the TM jig question???
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 PM

Also had a great experience with Rohg Arms today. Placed an order for some parts the other day but when I called with my credit info I asked about in store pickup and they said that would be fine. I checked back with them yesterday and they said everything would be ready for me today around 3PM so I drive down to their shop and picked up my stuff. Very nice people and I could tell they were working hard filling a lot of orders. I wasn't ordering 80% lowers but these guys were very nice and very easy to deal with. Cut em some slack guys. They look like they are incredibly busy filling orders. My advice: if you have an issue keep trying to get through on a phone call. I got through after a few tries on two separate occasions.
I told them that I heard about their shop on Calguns and their response was, "wow! and you still decided to buy from us?"
Just one man's opinion but these seem like good people. Give em a chance to work things out with your orders.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 AM

Default 80%

I'll take one.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Received my lowers on Monday after a short week or so of ordering. They called up for payment as the site doesn't take payment directly. Overall, super positive experience purchasing.

The lowers as someone already mentioned are a bit dirty, but functioned well.

Now just waiting for my build party date!
Old 01-17-2013, 9:16 PM

Ok guys there are 9 pages here and I really do not want to go through them all. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to make these ready to use? It says some machining required but I have never built an AR so I'm not sure what needs to be done with this lower.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM

well I did and know here you come along wanting to jump the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasNick702 View Post
Ok guys there are 9 pages here and I really do not want to go through them all. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to make these ready to use? It says some machining required but I have never built an AR so I'm not sure what needs to be done with this lower.

well looks like they've shut down till feb 1st so we've gotten in line too late ! just checked website and everything says "out of stock" man this is just wrong ! its because all these guys buying upmass quantities and resale at super high prices I refuse too pay them just have togo without,, the price will come down in a month or two .. patience is GOLDEN !!

Last edited by Veggii; 01-17-2013 at 11:40 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggii View Post
well I did and know here you come along wanting to jump the line
Well good for you. Don't like the question don't answer, simple. Next-
Old 01-18-2013, 3:42 AM

I'm just posting this to balance out all the negative stuff I've read about Rohgarms and show my appreciation for their great customer service: I just received my 80% lower that I ordered right before the new year. There was a little delay (understandably with all this panic), but Greg was very quick to answer my emails and said that they'd ship by the end of the week. A couple days later Greg called me to say that there was an issue with my payment method so we sorted it out and I got my lower a few days later. He also took $5 off for the hiccup

I'm so far just as pleased with the product: I'm no expert, but the finish is smooth and the fit is just fine with my pmags.
Old 01-18-2013, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasNick702 View Post
Well good for you. Don't like the question don't answer, simple. Next-
I will sound like a jerk...but I don't care.

If you are not willing to go through 9 pages or even do a google search to figure this out....then you obviously don't have the want to actually do it either.

So don't worry about it then....just move on.
Old 01-18-2013, 5:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Guys this is a sale thread, keep the focus. Nick google is your friend... There are several ways to finish them out. I'm paying to be instructed how to on a CNC mill. Or you can buy a jig and use a drill press...

Btw to stay on topic the lowers look FANTASTIC.
Old 01-19-2013, 1:46 PM

Guys, check your Rohg lowers BEFORE milling. If your mag catch pocket is out of spec the lower is worthless.

Rohg I will be contacting you for a full refund as my part is junk
Old 01-19-2013, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedivision View Post
Guys, check your Rohg lowers BEFORE milling. If your mag catch pocket is out of spec the lower is worthless.

Rohg I will be contacting you for a full refund as my part is junk
The 2 I looked at were too shallow, but it took about 5 minutes worth of mill work to fix. The lowers aren't worthless - they just take a little more effort to get up and running.
Old 01-19-2013, 1:58 PM

Without access to a mill that's a major operation, and no excuse for a "mil-spec" part require additional milling to finished areas to work.
Old 01-19-2013, 2:03 PM

What or where are we talking about with the magwell ? One guy says it's too "shallow" another said he had to file the inside. I haven't checked mine with the magazine yet. So now all these guys are starting to worry me. What should I be looking for? I am new to the ar platform so please excuse my ignorance.
Old 01-19-2013, 2:06 PM

Not talking about the magwell. Any issue with the magwell are solved easily with some 320-400 grit sandpaper.

I'm talking about the cutout for the magazine catch. It is not milled deep enough so the mag catch cant engage the magazine.
Old 01-19-2013, 2:08 PM

O.... guess I need to throw my lpk in then
Old 01-19-2013, 2:11 PM

Area above. mag catch should be flush or just below the receiver. If it sticks up above the receiver... bad news
Old 01-19-2013, 2:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:

Area above. mag catch should be flush or just below the receiver. If it sticks up above the receiver... bad news
Mine is flush and holds a Pmag OK but the hole for the magazine release button is a bit small.

Update: Mag release button hole is in spec. It's my mag release button that's out of spec.

Last edited by BMWguy206; 01-25-2013 at 9:47 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 2:27 PM

Nice! The lowers just seem to be very inconsistent. Out of 3 I saw at the workshop today only 1 had a working mag catch.
Old 01-19-2013, 2:30 PM
Calguns Addict

At the very least the "mil spec" should be removed from the AD.
Old 01-19-2013, 2:46 PM

Quote:

Great....

Can someone please elaborate further? "mag catch should be flush or just below the receiver"?

So is the above pic an example of a good one or a bad one?

Can someone show a picture of a bad one??
Old 01-19-2013, 2:55 PM

You need to test fit with the magazine catch from your lower parts kit.

It should look like this and securely hold a magazine.

If the pocket isn't milled deep enough the mag catch will sit up above the receiver and won't engage the magazine.
Old 01-19-2013, 3:10 PM

Is yours not flush just laying in there. Or not flush once threaded to bullet button ?

Last edited by bigend777str; 01-19-2013 at 3:11 PM.. Reason: auto correct
Old 01-19-2013, 3:16 PM

Either. Not flush sitting free, threaded to BB or standard release, or held in place with thumb. I don't have a micrometer or calipers but I'd say the mag catch is ~0.5mm above the receiver

Last edited by peacedivision; 01-19-2013 at 3:18 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 3:32 PM

Quote:
You need to test fit with the magazine catch from your lower parts kit.

It should look like this and securely hold a magazine.

If the pocket isn't milled deep enough the mag catch will sit up above the receiver and won't engage the magazine.
Oh, ok got it...couldn't visualize initially. thank you!
Old 01-19-2013, 4:57 PM

Did you try calling them ? I'm sure they'll make it right.
Old 01-19-2013, 5:02 PM

Sent an email and I will call them Monday
Old 01-19-2013, 5:29 PM

If they're just rushing all of this, we should just have patience and wait.
Old 01-19-2013, 5:47 PM

You guys got me all paranoid reading this. Never really took an in-depth look at my lower even after I got it machined. Checked out all of the comments in this thread and here are my observations. FWIW, this is my first build so I really don't know what to look for, YET.

1. Lancer 10/20 mags fits perfectly and drops freely.
2. PMAG 10/20 mags fit very snug. They need help to insert and remove but very little.
3. I put the mag catch in and it sits the tiniest bit above the receiver. If I hold the receiver upright with the mag catch in place, I cannot pull out the magazine.
Old 01-19-2013, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Sent an email and I will call them Monday
Please let us know the results. I have two that arent deep enough
Old 01-19-2013, 7:43 PM
Calguns Addict

PMAG 10-30's glide in and drop out nicely. Would like to try some PMAG 10's when magpul starts shipping.
Old 01-19-2013, 8:48 PM

I am sure they will take care of everything. No reason to panic. it may have been a run and they may not even know about the issue.