Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 66 7.91%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 559 67.03%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 18 2.16%
I paid too much for my Membership! 39 4.68%
They will go out of business this year! 21 2.52%
Don't want anything to do with them! 131 15.71%
Voters: 834. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2014, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhorse2010 View Post
OK, we know you were talking about me
Umm...Now I'm getting confused. You're messing with me right?
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-18-2014, 9:27 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
There has been not too many classes I have taken that haven't taught me something. Even poorly done classes with some funky methods teach you something and provide perspective for the higher quality training.
yup, take a lower quality class and you get stuff like "keep your finger off the trigger...." taught as "keep the mouse out of the house"

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 05-18-2014, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Umm...Now I'm getting confused. You're messing with me right?
Of course I am.
I'm ecstatic that my nose is almost healed.
Old 05-18-2014, 9:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Have a look at FS through Google Earth and see the changes over time. The changes are quite incremental and glacial. Most of the changes between 2009 and 2013 are in the new ranges between R1 and R2 and the paved road toward Jurassic/M16 canyons.

Whether you make a $250 free-hotel-for-life supplement or a $200,000 purchase for a future home site is an investment decision. Is it an $85 Google share or is a $300 million investment in Solyndra? You pays your money and you takes your chance. I have lost money in investments, and so have many here. Lick your wounds and move on.

BTW I'm really Really REALLY jealous of all you guys planning for trips to FS. Eight planned trips to FS, LCU1670? Wow, I think I need to retire soon!

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 05-18-2014, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

You may also notice from Google Earth that in June 2013 (taken during class and you see people at the firing lines!) in range C (not 1C, but the one next to the climbing towers) there seem to be those tractors and heavy equipment that were paraded on the "construction is starting" video.

Wish Google would update their images more often, we can see what FS is up to.

Old 05-18-2014, 9:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Of course I am.
I'm ecstatic that my nose is almost healed.
O.K. Probably just need to drink coffee this a.m. My brain hurts.

Glad things are healing and hopefully it will help in the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Have a look at FS through Google Earth and see the changes over time. The changes are quite incremental and glacial. Most of the changes between 2009 and 2013 are in the new ranges between R1 and R2 and the paved road toward Jurassic/M16 canyons.

Whether you make a $250 free-hotel-for-life supplement or a $200,000 purchase for a future home site is an investment decision. Is it an $85 Google share or is a $300 million investment in Solyndra? You pays your money and you takes your chance. I have lost money in investments, and so have many here. Lick your wounds and move on.

BTW I'm really Really REALLY jealous of all you guys planning for trips to FS. Eight planned trips to FS, LCU1670? Wow, I think I need to retire soon!
Yup! I couldn't agree more. I know I've lost tons of money over the years. (relatively speaking).

8 MORE trips to FS? Sheesh!!! The cost in ammo itself must be monumental!

And, how can you see time changes on google earth??? I can barely navigate to the streetview these days...
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

being semi-retired is good! Thanks US Army, and our enemies not getting me so I could collect! This year will put my wife and I into the 60+ classes each at FS.

Front Sight President / Heritage Member
Old 05-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
O.K. Probably just need to drink coffee this a.m. My brain hurts.

Glad things are healing and hopefully it will help in the long term.

Yup! I couldn't agree more. I know I've lost tons of money over the years. (relatively speaking).

8 MORE trips to FS? Sheesh!!! The cost in ammo itself must be monumental!

And, how can you see time changes on google earth??? I can barely navigate to the streetview these days...
Ammo is a killer, too bad I am too lazy to reload! Thanks AMMOBOT for keeping my ammo bill down!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
LOL. Are you using Google Earth or Google Maps? I case you haven't, Google Earth is a separate application you download and install. It is separate program and runs outside of your browser.

Once you have it running, there is a grayed out slider bar on the left upper corner that colors in when you hover the mouse over it and you slide it to the left. The light blue parts shows when map data is available. In 1995, the place was a barren desert and Tecopa Rd did not even exist!

(Sheesh, my 1000th Calguns post. I bet half of them were in this thread alone LOL )

Last edited by beanz2; 05-18-2014 at 10:21 AM..
Old 05-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LOL. Are you using Google Earth or Google Maps? I case you haven't, Google Earth is a separate application you download and install. It is separate program and runs outside of your browser.

Once you have it running, there is a grayed out slider bar on the left upper corner that colors in when you hover the mouse over it and you slide it to the left. The light blue parts shows when map data is available. In 1995, the place was a barren desert and Tecopa Rd did not even exist!

(Sheesh, my 1000th Calguns post. I bet half of them were in this thread alone LOL )

Oh! Yeah, just regular google maps from my browser.

I'll check it out. Thanks!!

But I'll make sure to get some coffee going before I attempt to do it. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-18-2014, 10:43 AM

There's a lot of youz guys that hit or just hit 1K.
Congrats...I think.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCU1670 View Post
being semi-retired is good! Thanks US Army, and our enemies not getting me so I could collect! This year will put my wife and I into the 60+ classes each at FS.
Sheesh, I'm collecting retirement, VA Disability, and the stipend from the post-911 GI bill...and I still have to work full time and spend some weekends at FS.

60+ classes?
You spend more time out there than the armorer.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sheesh, I'm collecting retirement, VA Disability, and the stipend from the post-911 GI bill...and I still have to work full time and spend some weekends at FS.

60+ classes?
You spend more time out there than the armorer.
I was fortunate to retire as an officer, plus I have a high VA disability rating so there is some tax free dough too. My PT job pays well, so I only work weekends (I am at work now), and I can take off just about anytime I want, as they really want me to stay.

My Army carreer was not easy, but now that I made it to retirement, it was all worth it. I am also lucky that my wife likes to shoot, and likes FS as well, so no conflics there. She was Army (19 yrs) as well. She gets VA disability too.

What always cracks us up at FS, is WE are all broken up, but we do the training and keep up, its funny to watch the young guys and gals have to sit, or take a break because they are wore-out!

Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM

Look guys, I am sorry that I am not a part of your hug fest. But I have a right to speak also. I was only commenting on another guys comment, did you see me quote him? I.P. made a video to get you guys to buy something that he said has started and has not. He is just moving equipment around. Show me pictures of infrastructure. You can't there is none. But you purchased the hotel deal many of you admitted it. No one likes to admit they got screwed, but when we got screwed there were no people warning us. I wish there was and maybe I would have not got screwed. I wish some one said use up your free class passes before spending what you did. Earlier some one put it best, nothing has changed at from site, same class same structure and same scams. There will be no free hotels, nothing close. You guys who purchased them are going to get screwed.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

What you say is probably true, but..... The Aegis Academy I am looking at, with membership and discounts, a one day pistol class for my wife and I will cost: $375.00. As training goes, I noticed about $250.00 per day is the norm.

So, does FS follow through on all it states/promisses: no. But, do a lot of novices who probably would never pay for training get trained: yes. So, I guess if you bought in recently; you made a killing, if you bought in long ago, LIKE US, then yea, you feel screwed. But, I guess like anything, things get cheaper as time marches on (except Disney). Will FS deliver on all the promisses, probably not, but hopefully all the training will continue, and people will be safer and more confident with their firearms, as us old guys fade away. Heck, as you get older, its in our DNA to get cranky and talk about the old days!

Old 05-18-2014, 1:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dmaster View Post
Look guys, I am sorry that I am not a part of your hug fest. But I have a right to speak also. I was only commenting on another guys comment, did you see me quote him? I.P. made a video to get you guys to buy something that he said has started and has not. He is just moving equipment around. Show me pictures of infrastructure. You can't there is none. But you purchased the hotel deal many of you admitted it. No one likes to admit they got screwed, but when we got screwed there were no people warning us. I wish there was and maybe I would have not got screwed. I wish some one said use up your free class passes before spending what you did. Earlier some one put it best, nothing has changed at from site, same class same structure and same scams. There will be no free hotels, nothing close. You guys who purchased them are going to get screwed.
No hug fest here. I think I have a pretty good idea of FS's progress, promises and past behavior. Not too long ago, a 100+ page investigative report on FS was posted that looked into a lot of FS's development. I think it is about 7 years old or so but was revealing about some of the behind the scene activities happening at the time. Anyway, I don't know if you saw my early post but I am really curious on why you didn't get out as part of the class action settlement. Perhaps you didn't reach this level of dissatisfaction until later but it seems like it would have been a nice opportunity for you.

I think you are misunderstanding the situation here. It is not that you have not made your position clear and your warnings have not been heard. I think most of us have heard them loud and clear. Further, you make many valid points based on historical behavior. Some still choose to take the risk, realizing that they are speculating or taking a gamble. Notice I don't use the term investment.

I still believe one of the biggest risk members face is that Dr. Piazza calls it a day and decides enough of this. He trades in his marketing machine for Mai Tai's and a cabana on a beach in Maui.

Last edited by AAShooter; 05-18-2014 at 2:19 PM..
Old 05-18-2014, 4:03 PM
Veteran Member

Question: During one of the lunch lectures, Brad mentioned that pistol mounted lights were o.k., but a laser was a bad idea. The logic was that the laser gave away your position(?). So, what about the light/laser combos? Are they bad too? Just turn off the laser part of it? (This is all from what the wife heard-I wasn't there during that part of the lecture).

Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks!
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-18-2014, 4:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Question: During one of the lunch lectures, Brad mentioned that pistol mounted lights were o.k., but a laser was a bad idea. The logic was that the laser gave away your position(?). So, what about the light/laser combos? Are they bad too? Just turn off the laser part of it? (This is all from what the wife heard-I wasn't there during that part of the lecture).

Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks!
There are multiple schools of thoughts on lasers. In general FS is a fan of a light. There are advantages and disadvantages of both the attached and detached light. One problem with a laser is it teaches you to look at your target rather than your sights. Also, they can be mis-aligned so POI is not POA.

There are three main problems in low light situations. First is movement--having enough light for tactical movement. Second is target identification--is the person/animal/thing really a threat?. Third is sighted fire of the firearm.

Night sights, flash lights, and lasers all address those issues differently. Also, some rely on batteries and may provide no benefit when the batteries die.

I would not see a problem using a combo flashlight/laser unit in training. It has been a while since I have taken classes with night shooting but in the past we would use the flashlight detached (whether you had an attachable light or not). Obviously this is the most general situation.

One other problem with lasers is when teams are involved. If you have a dirtbag standing there with three laser spots on his chest and a few other laser spots floating around off target, no one is quite sure if they are on target. I understand the problem but not really an issue in basic FS classes.

Of course, it is hard to beat a laser in low light when you can't get your eye aligned with your sights.

I am no expert but that is a few of the issues.

Last edited by AAShooter; 05-18-2014 at 5:05 PM..
Old 05-18-2014, 4:59 PM

My biggest problem with weapon mounted lights is that wherever the light is shining, the muzzle is pointing, which is why I keep a separate flashlight right next to my gun on the nightstand.
Old 05-18-2014, 5:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
My biggest problem with weapon mounted lights is that wherever the light is shining, the muzzle is pointing, which is why I keep a separate flashlight right next to my gun on the nightstand.
Having both can be really handy. As you point out, a detached light is really nice for searching.

Also, in all the night shooting I have done I have never been taught a solid technique for present a handgun and detached light to a ready position or pointed in. Personally, I think that is a gap in the training or I haven't attended an advanced enough class yet.

The best I can come up with is to grab the light with the support hand and bring it up and index of my neck/cheek. At the same time I am presenting the handgun. Then when I can safely move to the Harries or Rodgers, do so.

Perhaps someone has a better technique to get the light and gun out under pressure.
Old 05-18-2014, 5:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
There are multiple schools of thoughts on lasers. In general FS is a fan of a light. There are advantages and disadvantages of both the attached and detached light. One problem with a laser is it teaches you to look at your target rather than your sights. Also, they can be mis-aligned so POI is not POA.

There are three main problems in low light situations. First is movement--having enough light for tactical movement. Second is target identification--is the person/animal/thing really a threat?. Third is sighted fire of the firearm.

Night sights, flash lights, and lasers all address those issues differently. Also, some rely on batteries and may provide no benefit when the batteries die.

I would not see a problem using a combo flashlight/laser unit in training. It has been a while since I have taken classes with night shooting but in the past we would use the flashlight detached (whether you had an attachable light or not). Obviously this is the most general situation.

One other problem with lasers is when teams are involved. If you have a dirtbag standing there with three laser spots on his chest and a few other laser spots floating around off target, no one is quite sure if they are on target. I understand the problem but not really an issue in basic FS classes.

Of course, it is hard to beat a laser in low light when you can't get your eye aligned with your sights.

I am no expert but that is a few of the issues.
Thanks! Totally understand how multiple lasers on the bad guy can screw up your targeting.

Quote:
Yup, breaks rule #2!!! We both have separate flashlights in our nightstands too. Our guns are in a quick access safe. Hers has the light on it. I've turned the laser off at the moment.

I guess we got some research and training/work to do on this subject and see how we want to do it.

Thanks again for all of the info!
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-18-2014, 5:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This is in interesting topic. Clearly for long guns attached lights are hard to beat even though they violate the safety rules. I found shooting my tactical shotgun with a detached light was not much fun.

I also took a class with Ken Hackathorn. He was a pretty anti-laser guy too. However, after doing some drills and testing with a variety of students, he has become moved from his anti-laser position. His experience is they seem to work pretty well for many shooters under time pressure. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can lend more expertise.
Old 05-18-2014, 6:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Having both can be really handy. As you point out, a detached light is really nice for searching.

Also, in all the night shooting I have done I have never been taught a solid technique for present a handgun and detached light to a ready position or pointed in. Personally, I think that is a gap in the training or I haven't attended an advanced enough class yet.

The best I can come up with is to grab the light with the support hand and bring it up and index of my neck/cheek. At the same time I am presenting the handgun. Then when I can safely move to the Harries or Rodgers, do so.

Perhaps someone has a better technique to get the light and gun out under pressure.
Quote:
This is in interesting topic. Clearly for long guns attached lights are hard to beat even though they violate the safety rules. I found shooting my tactical shotgun with a detached light was not much fun.

I also took a class with Ken Hackathorn. He was a pretty anti-laser guy too. However, after doing some drills and testing with a variety of students, he has become moved from his anti-laser position. His experience is they seem to work pretty well for many shooters under time pressure. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can lend more expertise.
Hackathorn!? Wow! That guy is one of the legends in the business! I was just watching a Tac TV video of Larry Vickers, Hackathorn and Bill Wilson on the 1911. They talked about the maintenance of the 1911 and also a few shooting drills-The El Presidente and the Bill Drill. One of my dreams would be to attend Gunsite, Thunder Ranch or Shootrite. Cost is of course very high on my list of reasons why I haven't attended. Especially since the wife would be attending too. Even the local classes charge around $300/day or $500 for a 2 day class.

I've seen a couple of different techniques for handling the flashlight. I like the weapon mounted light idea for us, especially since we're so new to shooting, I can count on one hand the number of times I've tried to shoot one-handed. Simplifies things for us. But, I also see the inherent danger in it too.

I'd love to hear more from those who have attended a few night training courses at FS or other places!

ETA: Just came across this quick video on quite a few different flashlight techniques. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb1QMqk_wmU
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)

Last edited by XDJYo; 05-18-2014 at 6:36 PM..
Old 05-18-2014, 8:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hackathorn!? Wow! That guy is one of the legends in the business! I was just watching a Tac TV video of Larry Vickers, Hackathorn and Bill Wilson on the 1911. They talked about the maintenance of the 1911 and also a few shooting drills-The El Presidente and the Bill Drill. One of my dreams would be to attend Gunsite, Thunder Ranch or Shootrite. Cost is of course very high on my list of reasons why I haven't attended. Especially since the wife would be attending too. Even the local classes charge around $300/day or $500 for a 2 day class.

I've seen a couple of different techniques for handling the flashlight. I like the weapon mounted light idea for us, especially since we're so new to shooting, I can count on one hand the number of times I've tried to shoot one-handed. Simplifies things for us. But, I also see the inherent danger in it too.

I'd love to hear more from those who have attended a few night training courses at FS or other places!

ETA: Just came across this quick video on quite a few different flashlight techniques. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb1QMqk_wmU
I took an instructor course by the Surefire Institute that was taught in the LA area. It was kind of a pretty simplistic range and they had a double-wide manufactured home as a simulator. It was a little funky but they did a nice job of the training and using the facilities they had. As part of that course we did some night training and flashlight use in the simulator. The instructors, Bill Murphy and Doug Martin, did a good job, were knowledgeable and fun to work with.

I was actually pretty funny because the class was largely law enforcement. In the simulator I was trying to get an adversary under control and ready for arrest. The rest of the group was very gracious but it became pretty clear I had no idea how to arrest anyone. I missed that lecture at FS! lol

As far as FS classes, I think the night classes they offer around the 4th of July are some of the most under appreciated classes offered. If you can work them in your schedule I encourage everyone to take them.

Last edited by AAShooter; 05-19-2014 at 10:21 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 10:20 AM

what is this 4th of July thing you guys are talking about ? enlighten a FS noob.

thanks.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
what is this 4th of July thing you guys are talking about ? enlighten a FS noob.

thanks.
I don't have the latest but I will give you some info. FS has had a 4th of July celebration for a number of years. In the past it was a bigger event with lots of family activities. However, it has morphed into a lower key event.

Due to the heat, FS holds evening/night classes in the summer. Currently the bulk of the firearms shooting classes are held around the 4th of July. So they will have a 4th of July celebration. In the past Dr. Piazza (as well as others) spoke to the group and they had a rather impressive fireworks display. Here is an old video capturing some of the highlights:

I have not been there for the past few years so maybe someone can fill us in on the latest.

Last edited by AAShooter; 05-19-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 AM

my take on the hotel / RV pads:

you got to think like Piazza. you need to build something to keep the suckers buying membership. But you can't spend too much money building or you will lose all that money. So idea would be to build it sloooooooooooooow, one project at a time, 1 stage at a time. milk it really slow.

didn't couple of weeks ago, they had 1,200 students (1 day). He must be screaming mad at hotel and food money that he is missing out on. Best is to build some hotel / restaurant, sell room at say $130 per night (not pricey because of convenience being onsite), lunch at $15 a pop, dinner at $30 a pop. Make sure there is some nightly lecture class (1 speaker handles 500 students), so they will need to stay for dinner. For those who bought hotel room included in membership, he will charge a $80 "resort fee" or "cleaning fee". milk a little more from food.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
my take on the hotel / RV pads:

you got to think like Piazza. you need to build something to keep the suckers buying membership. But you can't spend too much money building or you will lose all that money. So idea would be to build it sloooooooooooooow, one project at a time, 1 stage at a time. milk it really slow.

didn't couple of weeks ago, they had 1,200 students (1 day). He must be screaming mad at hotel and food money that he is missing out on. Best is to build some hotel / restaurant, sell room at say $130 per night (not pricey because of convenience being onsite), lunch at $15 a pop, dinner at $30 a pop. Make sure there is some nightly lecture class (1 speaker handles 500 students), so they will need to stay for dinner. For those who bought hotel room included in membership, he will charge a $80 "resort fee" or "cleaning fee". milk a little more from food.
That is exactly what I was thinking.

That huge student traffic into FS has so much potential. If he could only sell food or lodging like Disneyland, he'd make big money. But his business strategy is so "unconventional" like pre-selling his hotel rooms, farming out the food concessions to Beach Cafe, having Stockpile Defense sell ammo there, etc. Why he chooses to make money by selling future promises is beyond me.

You must wonder who is his business adviser.

Old 05-19-2014, 2:55 PM

Once Piazza have hotel rooms built. He will need to spread out classes. To maximize profit, you want 95%+ occupancy rate all the time.

From each student. He can easily milk:
Room: $130 per night x 5 (for a 4 days class)
Food: $50 per day x 5
Hopefully some gas money . (Build a gas station, cost a lot less than you think. Most race track have a couple of pumps)
Drinks (cold one in summer, hot one in winter, and a bar for night cap).
Ammo (tell you that only 250 rounds online but the class actually need 400. Last few classes, we've ran over)
may be some casino actions !!

Last edited by bellwilliam; 05-19-2014 at 4:18 PM..
Old 05-19-2014, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You forgot the Starbucks and Hooters.
Old 05-19-2014, 3:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Charge 50 cents to use the Comfort Station, 25 cents to use the brown room.

But . . . wait, toilet paper and *ss gaskets cost extra!

Old 05-19-2014, 4:17 PM

forgot about airport transfer - why let car rental company keep the money. plus you get to keep customers in your compound for food and drinks !!
Old 05-19-2014, 5:23 PM

And the biggest thing I can see when it is completed is that there will be no exit or entry during certain hours, you'll be held captive there.
Old 05-19-2014, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I don't have the latest but I will give you some info. FS has had a 4th of July celebration for a number of years. In the past it was a bigger event with lots of family activities. However, it has morphed into a lower key event.

Due to the heat, FS holds evening/night classes in the summer. Currently the bulk of the firearms shooting classes are held around the 4th of July. So they will have a 4th of July celebration. In the past Dr. Piazza (as well as others) spoke to the group and they had a rather impressive fireworks display. Here is an old video capturing some of the highlights:

I have not been there for the past few years so maybe someone can fill us in on the latest.
Hopefully it won't be WINDY and cancelled like last year!

My wife likes the 4th night courses the best, cool-dark, seems more relaxed.

Old 05-19-2014, 7:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hopefully it won't be WINDY and cancelled like last year!

My wife likes the 4th night courses the best, cool-dark, seems more relaxed.
That's a shame. They do a nice job of the fireworks. Can you describe the agenda for the celebration? Did Dr. Piazza speak? Any other pomp and circumstance?
Old 05-19-2014, 10:29 PM

Just signed up for the two day handgun skill builder on June 23rd.
It's going to be HOT but should be fun.
anyone else going to be there that week?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
Just signed up for the two day handgun skill builder on June 23rd.
It's going to be HOT but should be fun.
anyone else going to be there that week?

Wow! You're crazy for going when it's that hot!!! Or, you'll definitely be crazy afterwards because it was so hot! LOL! JK. Have a great time!!! It might actually work in your favor. The class size might be smaller and you might get more individual attention.

Happy shooting and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-20-2014, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That's a shame. They do a nice job of the fireworks. Can you describe the agenda for the celebration? Did Dr. Piazza speak? Any other pomp and circumstance?
Classes end about 11pm on the 3rd, Brad gives a patriotic history about revolutionary patriots, P then talks, something vague about the future of FS, then we are told about some very special offer that we need to be on the lookout for, then he gives out a founders award to some employee or super member, then fireworks.

Old 05-20-2014, 3:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Classes end about 11pm on the 3rd, Brad gives a patriotic history about revolutionary patriots, P then talks, something vague about the future of FS, then we are told about some very special offer that we need to be on the lookout for, then he gives out a founders award to some employee or super member, then fireworks.
Thanks for the update.
Old 05-20-2014, 4:52 PM

You guys have fun, I'll be bummed here. Between my buddies and my work schedules, it looks to be until September before I can attend a class. Grrrrr!