Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 04-10-2016, 9:33 AM
Veteran Member

Default Yotes are coming ...

Neighbor to the south has lost ~15 chickens to the critters.

Neighbor to the north cows have calved and have been very restless the last few nights. Just saw a coyote skulking about in the middle of the day about 400 yards off.

Seems we are surrounded and where there is one there are bound to be more. Our chickens and turkeys are sure to draw them in (unless the eagles get them first).

Never had a chance or need to bag some 'dogs' but we are now gearing up to the task.

First task is walking (maybe trespassing a bit) and GPS logging the safest shooting lanes/directions. Planning on attracting the dogs into the safest fire lane. Don't want to mistake a calves eye glow for a coyote ...

I've got a very bright spot light and a bunch of gel filters rigged for a decent green spot light that reaches out well past by effective shooting range.

Should be fun!

In interpreting this text, we are guided by the principle that “[t]he Constitution was written to be understood by the voters; its words and phrases were used in their normal and ordinary as distinguished from technical meaning.” United States v. Sprague, 282 U. S. 716, 731 (1931) -Scalia majority opinion in Heller
Old 04-10-2016, 1:09 PM
Veteran Member

im jelly
Old 04-10-2016, 5:51 PM

Good Luck OP. Safe hunting.
Old 04-10-2016, 7:54 PM

Just wait till first light and you'll catch them in the grass stalking .... Bam 17 to the face and pop their eyeballs ..... Have fun
Old 04-10-2016, 9:01 PM
In Memoriam

Safe hunting.
Old 04-10-2016, 9:04 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

Do you have any idea how many of us wish we had the opportunity to get rid of varmint like this?
Old 04-12-2016, 2:07 PM
Veteran Member

Scary night last night. It seems the whole pack (den?) was just in the back 40 at the fence line yowling to beat the band. I'd forgotten how eerie the sound can be ... poor kids were freaked out - said it sounded like babies screaming.

Only ever saw one at a time but this makes it clear there is a pack on the prowl.

My uncles dog once got lured into a canyon by yote *****es in heat where the pack mauled him ... now I'm worried my young english cream retriever is well out matched. She does have a frightful bark FWIW.

I think we will have some action tonight.

In interpreting this text, we are guided by the principle that “[t]he Constitution was written to be understood by the voters; its words and phrases were used in their normal and ordinary as distinguished from technical meaning.” United States v. Sprague, 282 U. S. 716, 731 (1931) -Scalia majority opinion in Heller
Old 04-12-2016, 2:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post
Just wait till first light and you'll catch them in the grass stalking .... Bam 17 to the face and pop their eyeballs ..... Have fun
First light I can manage but I've only got 308 or 450 bushmaster to choose from ... woe is me! I suppose this is a good excuse to get a 223 upper. Actually, my daughter has a 243 - maybe I should borrow that for the festivities?