Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 02-16-2018, 2:56 AM

Default Ventura County gear-- where to go?

I was wondering where my fellow VC members like to shop for CCW gear? I'm looking to try out a few belts and Nexbelt and KORE are on my list. I'd like to try them out before a blind purchase (even with the great reviews). I want something that I can wear everyday and not look like I'm carrying (maybe even use when going out with the wife.

I'm in Camarillo and will swing by Knight's Tactical later today since I don't recall looking at their belt selection last I was in. Thanks in advance!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Old 02-16-2018, 7:29 AM

Try Copquest in Camarillo
Old 02-16-2018, 8:34 PM

They seemed to only have duty type gear. I'll just get something online, I'm sure I'll like the Nexbelt
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Last edited by USMCmatt; 02-16-2018 at 9:32 PM..
Old 02-17-2018, 6:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

Online!!!!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Old 02-17-2018, 5:39 PM
Veteran Member

I can't help you as we don't go to Ventura, but might be a great reason to come see us at the Orange County Crossroads of the West in March.

Give us a call if you have questions.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
I can't help you as we don't go to Ventura, but might be a great reason to come see us at the Orange County Crossroads of the West in March.

Give us a call if you have questions.
I would like to come out there eventually but its a far trip for me and I try to avoid driving through LA whenever possible haha

Old 02-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
I would like to come out there eventually but its a far trip for me and I try to avoid driving through LA whenever possible haha
Beside the belt what else are you looking for, and for what weapon?
Old 02-18-2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Beside the belt what else are you looking for, and for what weapon?
Well I got myself a Sticky holster for my Shield 9mm. I was using a Desantis Belly band while I waited for it. I want a buckleless ratcheting belt too, or atleast something very slim with a buckle. I want a belt that doesn't scream CCW, but can dressed up or down. Even the sticky holster at 12 oclock Appendix carry causes my normal "fashion" belt to bulge out.

Old 02-19-2018, 9:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
Well I got myself a Sticky holster for my Shield 9mm. I was using a Desantis Belly band while I waited for it. I want a buckleless ratcheting belt too, or atleast something very slim with a buckle. I want a belt that doesn't scream CCW, but can dressed up or down. Even the sticky holster at 12 oclock Appendix carry causes my normal "fashion" belt to bulge out.
Unless your wearing skinny pants and 80's era euro fit shirts the bulge is more in your mind than in reality. Since a Sticky is not used tucked in, and the shirt hangs over it there should be no chance of it being notices. Unless of course your wearing a crop top. I don't imagine you wearing any of the troubled close. A sticky holster doesn't need a belt to support the weapon, just normal fit pats, so what you have now should work fine.

I can promise you that you will love a nexbelt. They don't scream CCW. The leather Defender 2.0 are perfect for wear with a suit of business casual. The tactical version is good looking and will not be mistaken for a 5.11 belt. (Please see my PM)