Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 04-27-2017, 6:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Elite Iron Bipod

Well I have to give a shameless plug to Elite Iron. these guys know how to make a bipod.

Let's See i been shooting off a Harris for decades, bought a tilt Harris for my F Class and it's been Ok but nothing special and damn tough to front load and not have walk on you. I did make new feet, Aluminum spikes. That helps but not much. Well in the process of building that .408 CT my Uncle wanted a good Bipod so he found Elite Iron and sent me a pick of the Revolution. I was sold with a phone call to their shop. Talked to Dale ( the founder and owner) and was educated. I looked at this way. It's not my money, Dale sounds like he know WTF he's talking about so let's see what he's got.

I ordered a 50 class long leg $670 out the door.

Shooting off of it the first time took some getting use to, it's seems flimsy by looking at it but once you're down on it you're good and it's solid. Well there's 12 pounds of barrel on too so why would it not be solid.

Anyway after fighting my Harris on my F class rifle I decide to spend a grip of cash on a bipod for myself. I got the aluminum version with the pan option.
I have yet to shoot it but dry firing it seems damn solid. Almost like i'm on my F open front rest.

This thing is going to be fun to play with at my next match

Full pan left

Full pan right.

$595 out the door, holly crap thats expensive. but I'll never go back.

I will be making a modification to the mount too. it's about .375 too tall and I don't care for the look of it. I can fix this with a taller rail or just cut and reweld the rail clamp. Hmm. Cut up a brand new $600 bipod, Sounds like something i'd do

Last edited by kcstott; 04-28-2017 at 7:45 AM..
Old 04-27-2017, 6:51 PM

Nice 👍

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2017, 5:56 AM

Man I had a hard time buying a Atlas let alone what you got!
Old 04-28-2017, 7:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyy View Post
Man I had a hard time buying a Atlas let alone what you got!
We looked at Atlas too, didn't like them too much money for too little of a bipod feature wise at least for me.
Whats sad is the RND bidod thats on the intervention is the same price as the Revolution, with no pan, or 360 tilt. and crappy feet that can't be changed.

I would have never bought this one if i hadn't used one already. It's that once you try it you're hooked deal. But it did hurt. That Eotec refund helps though take that into consideration and this bipod cost me $25,