Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-18-2017, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal P320 View Post
Can you pocket carry at P290RS though? The convenience of a pocket carry is pretty important for me.
They are a little on the thick side, and they are a bit heavier than the more commonly pocketed pistols. That said however, I find mine very easy to carry in a front pocket. I use it with a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster and the front flap breaks up the printing quite well. Anyone who sees it is not going think "gun" it looks more like a decent size wallet or a smartphone in an otterbox case.

I put the "enhanced" G10 grips on mine because the added palm swell makes it pretty darn comfortable to shoot considering it's size, (plus the "piranha" texture really helps it stay put in your hand).....but I also modified the bottom of the grip panels so that you can still grip the bottom of the mag like you can with the stock thin grip panels, so I can still pull the mag out if I have to in case of a misfeed or something. I also upgraded the front sight to a truglo tritium/fiberoptic. Overall, I have to say it's pretty darn nice....however, I've probably only ever carried it two or three times. I take it to the range pretty regularly to get practice time with it, but it's just too similar to my PM9 as far as size, capacity and shootability, and since I've had my Kahr longer I've had a lot more trigger time with it and I'm more consistent with it than I am with the P290RS. So for those reasons, plus the slightly lighter weight of the Kahr, means that I always find myself putting the PM9 in my pocket instead of the Sig.

I do like that the extended magazines for the Sig hold eight rounds (and they actually work reliably), where as the Kahr extended magazines only hold seven rounds, and they really don't work very well....I have about a half dozen or so extended magazines for my kahr, and only ONE of them feeds consistently and reliably for me. Still, the PM9 is my go to pocket carry and so I will probably drop the Sig off my permit when I renew and maybe buy a revolverto replace it, like an LCR or maybe a Kimber if I come into some extra funds between now and then.