Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-02-2008, 3:56 PM

Default 9mm AR

Alright guys,

I thought it would be fun to have an AR in 9mm since it would be cheaper to shoot. The way i will be saving up for this and please don't laugh too much or make fun of me will be through recycling. I recycle at my school mainly at the guys dorms and its full of plastic bottle and aluminum so its easy to get a lot in short amount of time. I just put a few beens around with recycling signs and they fill up in no time at all. Without having to do much just bringing to the recycling center i've made roughly 100 dollars in about 3 weeks. But now I have my buddies helping me out their places and i should be earning more. Mind you this is a really easy way to make some money without doing anything (so please don't laugh too much).

So my plan is to get a RRA 9mm lower and upper, but i guess my questions are does anyone else make a 9mm setup that i should look into, and does RRA make a solid product?

I think it would be funny one day when i have kids to tell them that i bought my first AR with recycling money

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-2008, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Garrison MFG makes some good 9mm uppers, they can be found on GunBroker. RRA is definetly a top company though.
Old 05-02-2008, 9:23 PM

I would go with Garrison as well if $$ is an issue...but you can't go wrong with RRA
Old 05-03-2008, 2:21 AM
Banned

Believe me, there is nothing wrong with trying to earn a little extra money. I keep every bit of loose change I get including pennies in order to earn some extra cash. CoinStar has become my new friend. I'm far too lazy to roll up all my change in order to take it to the bank.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 AM

I and some others on this board believe that a RRA upper on a RRA lower is too close for comfort to the RRA's listed as banned on the SB23 list. To be safe, go w/ a lower other than RRA - you have plenty to choose from!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

RRA products are rock solid (no pun intended). Also, I don't think anyone is laughing at you for recycling. I do the same thing. I've been saving scrap pieces of copper tubing from work to recycle. It helps to ease the pain of ammo prices.

Now, if you were thinking of selling a kidney to fund your build... we might need to have an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 3:16 PM

Due remember RRA has a huge wait on the 9mm products. I still have yet to receive pieces of my order from August. I will say however that once the tinkering period was out with finding the right fit for the mag block it purrs.