Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 12-14-2017, 7:27 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Evans Gunsmithing Shooter world

http://egsw.com/

I used to live in OC and moved to LA county, since then I haven't been to Evans much. At the beginning of the month I met another Calgunner here for a PPT>

Regarding the new ownership and staff:

Great Customer service (went above and beyond)

Looks like the shop is getting a makeover.

Glass is all full with parts and firearms.

A special thanks to Adam and Andrew of Evans, they made sure that I left happy. Very friendly, very accommodating.

If you have not been here in the last year I would highly suggest you visit, if anything to welcome in the new owners.

It seems like the place really is making a come back.

Mentioned Calguns to the staff, all knew of it and admitted they do not spend enough time on the site, they said Yelp reviews help, but the way I see it, the members here are the ones that really matter!
Old 12-14-2017, 11:24 AM

I second your statements about Evans. Great place 👍🏻
Old 12-14-2017, 11:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm sorry, I will never like the shop just due to it's name and the original owner. The first time I met him, he was an arrogant ***** which isn't a good thing when you are trying to be a salesman. Why don't the new owners change the name and disassociate themselves from him?
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 12-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I'm sorry, I will never like the shop just due to it's name and the original owner. The first time I met him, he was an arrogant ***** which isn't a good thing when you are trying to be a salesman. Why don't the new owners change the name and disassociate themselves from him?
Not sure, but you should go walk in there, I sensed absolutely no standard "range counter" big chests.

In fact, the take down pin on the rifle I picked up fell behind the counter and the staff spent about 10 mins on the ground with flashlights to find it for me.
Old 12-19-2017, 8:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The new owner, Pete, reached out to me and invited me to stop in the next time I'm in the area. That's a good indication that things have changed from the old store and their attitude.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 12-22-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I agree , that guy was an AHOLE!
Old 01-02-2018, 9:26 AM
It smells in here...
CGN Contributor

So after 20 years of boycotting Evans I decided to go try out the place on the 30th and 31st, because of this thread.
Boy am I glad I went! 100% turnaround. Friendly staff, other shooters were friendly, just an overall awesome experience.
Perhaps the irony of ยง 32310 escapes notice....With Colonists still hurting from the wounds of war, the Second Amendment guaranteed the rights of new American citizens to protect themselves from oppressors foreign and domestic. So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State. - Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 01-03-2018, 7:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulball View Post
So after 20 years of boycotting Evans I decided to go try out the place on the 30th and 31st, because of this thread.
Boy am I glad I went! 100% turnaround. Friendly staff, other shooters were friendly, just an overall awesome experience.
Excellent outcome, same experience I had.

Folks should go stop in and see for themselves.
Old 01-03-2018, 7:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The new owner, Pete, reached out to me and invited me to stop in the next time I'm in the area. That's a good indication that things have changed from the old store and their attitude.
Pete was the one who made a very very sensible decision about a PPT I had going on. It was on an off day and I had driven over an hour to get there. He could have sent me away but took a moment and allowed the transfer. Very very good people there.