Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-17-2013, 1:06 PM

Default Obama didn't say an assault weapon was used at Sandy Hook....

Obama didn't say in his speech that an assault weapon was used at Sandy Hook, he specifically said "Aurora"...

"The type of assault rifle used in Aurora, for example, when paired with high capacity magazines has one purpose: to pump out as many bullets as possible as quickly as possible, to do as much damage using bullets often designed to inflict maximum damage. And thatís what allowed the gunman in Aurora to shoot 70 people"

Does anyone think that this isn't a coincidence?

Because yesterday, I briefly found a link in one of the general forums indicating that there was reasonable doubt that there was ever an AR rifle used in the killings at Sandy Hook. We all knew this from the first reports, but nobody has been talking about it. It said that there was 4 handguns used, not two, and that the rifle, caught on camera in the trunk, was NOT used.

I cannot find this now, I have searched high and low both on Calguns and Google.

If someone can re-link to that story I think it's important to share!

I did find this story basically saying the same thing, but it's from a more "conservative" source which makes it easier to dismiss:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/3020...town-shooting/

Watch the video of the LEOs clearing the weapon - that looks like a shotgun with pistol grip to me, the cartridge is too big to be .223, and regardless, that is NOT an AR15-style rifle. I'd bet money that was a 12 ga shotgun.

I'd like opinions if you think this is a tinfoil-hatted conspiracy.

CM

PS the story I found on Calguns yesterday I think presented the info better, but I was in an airport and couldn't finish the story or watch the videos they had linked. I read it in Tapatalk so there's no browser history to follow.
Old 01-17-2013, 1:32 PM

It should be extremely easy to figure this out. What kind of shell casing were found at the scene? What calibers of weapons were recovered? Which ones match. So why hasn't this information been released yet?
Old 01-17-2013, 1:35 PM
Veteran Member

Perhaps it's because the "assault rifle" used at Newtown wasn't a semi-auto owned by Mrs. Lanza, but rather a military issue auto capable assault rifle linked to Fast and Furious...

...if that were the case, I certainly wouldn't continue high-lighting the Newtown rifle as POTUS...and would instead reference other examples hoping no one notices.

I posted a theory in another thread on this...

=8-)
Old 01-17-2013, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrabbit View Post
Perhaps it's because the "assault rifle" used at Newtown wasn't a semi-auto owned by Mrs. Lanza, but rather a military issue auto capable assault rifle linked to Fast and Furious...

...if that were the case, I certainly wouldn't continue high-lighting the Newtown rifle as POTUS...and would instead reference other examples hoping no one notices.

=8-)
In bold.

What are you talking about? If you were who?
Old 01-17-2013, 2:33 PM
Veteran Member

POTUS = President of the United States
Old 01-17-2013, 2:37 PM

Thanks. There is more than one definition of the acronym.

But, my point is we are going hell bent for an AWB and I want to effing know with no more bull**** whether or not there WAS one actually used or was that the media getting it's information crossed.

Furthermore, that video with the long gun ain't no AR.
Old 01-17-2013, 2:38 PM

Why isn't the facts of what were used at Sandy Hook being made public? Who could request clarification?

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason
for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-17-2013, 2:58 PM
Calguns Addict

They won't make it public because its going to make their gun co trol mission look worse if he did indeed only use the handguns they found in the school. The rifle was in the trunk of the car and it was that weird medical examiner guy that said the wounds were from the long gun. Really annoying to not have a real answer.
Old 01-17-2013, 3:07 PM

Here's a good definition of what an "Assault" weapon is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YuP...FrI5GxmC0uaY-g

The Sandy Hook tragedy facts are all over the place. The media has reported all sorts of misguided information and we shouldn't believe in anything until real facts are reported.
Old 01-17-2013, 4:35 PM

I'm not trying to argue what a "real" assault weapon is, I know the difference, and it's not being debated here - by me at least.

I just found it telling that he didn't lump Sandy Hook in with Aurora in the speech when he referred to "assault weapon". Especially in context with still unanswered questions regarding what weapon was used.

I saw another viddy a relative posted on facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9Gx...ctr=1358471184

This is way tinfoil-hatted, but there were some good points made there about the way the weapons used were reported on.

I'm not looking for stuff like this, I'm hoping to find the story I read yesterday. I'll keep looking
Old 01-17-2013, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Trust View Post
Here's a good definition of what an "Assault" weapon is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YuP...FrI5GxmC0uaY-g

The Sandy Hook tragedy facts are all over the place. The media has reported all sorts of misguided information and we shouldn't believe in anything until real facts are reported.
BTW, it was a good video. Thx CM
Old 01-17-2013, 4:48 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

CT has an AWB, and the rifle was legally purchased under it as a semi-auto rifle, not an AW.

Same thing as all the OLL's we got here, not AW's.

Obama might actually be choosing his language carefully.
Old 01-17-2013, 7:16 PM

You all still are not getting the gist and point of this.

There have been news reports clarifying that 4 handguns and no rifles were used at Sandy Hook. I've seen the clips, friends have seen the clips, my biz partner said he saw it yesterday on the news.

So while Obama is up there with children from Sandy Hook, pleading for a ban, and can't even connect the use of an AR style sporting rifle to the shooting?

That's my point.

I realize now why I can't find the thread from yesterday that contained the link to the article I'm talking about, CALGUNS doesn't have but a few pages of history right now... Anyone know why that is?
Old 01-17-2013, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrabbit View Post

=8-)
I know this is probably a dumb question and probably out of subject, but I have seen "Fast and Furious" in a couple of other threads. What are you guys reffering to??
Old 01-17-2013, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1 View Post
I know this is probably a dumb question and probably out of subject, but I have seen "Fast and Furious" in a couple of other threads. What are you guys reffering to??
The speech given by Obama yesterday regarding his recommendations for Gun Control and pending executive orders.....
Old 01-17-2013, 7:28 PM

That video stating that 4 handguns were found in the school, and that the rifle was found in the trunk of the car was broadcast in the first 24 hours after the incident. The media was all over the place with confabulated info during the first day or two. Each outlet was in a frantic race to get any info online as quick as possible, and fact checking was nonexistent.
Old 01-17-2013, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1 View Post
Here's the other thread...where someone wonders if we need to bring the attention back to Eric Holder, Obama and the Fast and Furious scandal...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=680947

In that thread you'll find my long post copied over from DailyPaul where I first suggested the scenario.

There is IMHO a slight possibility that the rifled supposedly used at Sandy Hook was a military issue assault rifle linked to Fast and Furious - it's one possible explanation why someone might back off in a subtle manner by pushing a ban on AWB on the basis of an old event (Aurora) as opposed to most recent horrific event (Sandy Hook) which is supposed to be the reason for the latest "push" for a ban.

...else the rifle wasn't used but rather the handguns - or something else is not right with the actual story which is being kept under tight wraps for the next 3-6 months.

=8-)
Old 01-17-2013, 8:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Does it really matter at this point? I think we are well past any relevance to precisely what weapons were used. They aren't just going for AR's they're going for everything, they're going for broke. Don't get mired down in the minutia, waste of energy which will not prove productive..
Old 01-17-2013, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
Does it really matter at this point? I think we are well past any relevance to precisely what weapons were used. They aren't just going for AR's they're going for everything, they're going for broke. Don't get mired down in the minutia, waste of energy which will not prove productive..
It does matter actually:

At the least, if it is revealed that President Obama new in advance that the Sandy Hook case was not supportive of his big push for a ban - and went ahead and tried anyway - that would be an embarrassment. As another poster pointed, it would take a lot of steam out from under Obama's ban push.

(It would explain the sleight of hand via the subtle shift to Aurora.)

At the worst, if it turned out that a staff member had informed him in a meeting, "Mr. President, the weapon used at Sandy Hook is a Gunwalker (Fast and Furious) weapon...", and it were exposed to the public - that would be a major embarrassment - practically guaranteeing a resignation or impeachment.

(It too would also explain the sleight of hand via the subtle shift to Aurora)

=8-)
Old 01-17-2013, 9:21 PM
Calguns Addict

And pigs may fly one day, my friend, but I doubt it. I think we need to be careful with our arguments. They should be focused towards the fence sitters. Such a tact as arguing precisely which weapon was used in the murder of 20 children and hinting that a Fast and Furious weapon (pipe dream) was used will only work against us. It appears trifling and desperate. Sticking to the big picture (like the Constitution)with a broad brush will be more effective than trying to argue our thoughts and suspicions of what weapons were actually used. To the American public, it no longer matters.

Last edited by uhlan1; 01-17-2013 at 9:22 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 01-17-2013, 9:40 PM

Actually, there is a LEO radio transmission out there. You can listen to. Where he specifically states, Handguns in the school and a rifle and shotgun in the car.

Ive seen the videos also, and we will never get the facts. EVER
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Apply more tin foil......

If You Heard The Shot, You Weren't The Target
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I was told the trunk they were searching in the video was NOT the suspects. It was another guys trunk who they had in custody, who they also let go.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Can the police report be requested via FOIA? I'd also still like to see the toxicology report on Adam Lanza to see if he was under the influence of psychotropic drugs.

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Monk View Post
CALGUNS doesn't have but a few pages of history right now... Anyone know why that is?
Scroll down to the bottom of the thread listings, look on the left corner, select "From The Beginning".

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member

PD in CT said they would release the police report in March. That's a typical time for this sort of report.
Old 01-18-2013, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
And pigs may fly one day, my friend, but I doubt it. I think we need to be careful with our arguments. They should be focused towards the fence sitters. Such a tact as arguing precisely which weapon was used in the murder of 20 children and hinting that a Fast and Furious weapon (pipe dream) was used will only work against us. It appears trifling and desperate. Sticking to the big picture (like the Constitution)with a broad brush will be more effective than trying to argue our thoughts and suspicions of what weapons were actually used. To the American public, it no longer matters.

I also think it matters, when the prez is backed by kids from the school and our little rifles are being lambasted on the idea that Lanza could not have done what he did without the AR.

That part of the speech totally struck me as sleight of hand, that much I'll agree on with rabbit.

However, I'm not on board whatsoever with this Fast and Furious angle. If you're saying that the two are related in that their end goal is gun control, then maybe, but talk of weapons on the scene being directly tied to F and F or that the whole Sandy Hook shooting was a set up I'm not a believer of that.
Old 01-18-2013, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Scroll down to the bottom of the thread listings, look on the left corner, select "From The Beginning".
Thank you. This has been pissing me off even though I figured it was designed to speed up the website. There's been so much activity lately that a thread can be lost in a day.
Old 01-18-2013, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
PD in CT said they would release the police report in March. That's a typical time for this sort of report.
March, eh?

This highlights my problem with the gov't rushing to legislate this "problem" that doesn't exist.

They are trampling my rights NOW and if the court of public opinion is going to use the AR as the murder weapon, I want to see the evidence before I am convicted.

This is why I think this is important.

I don't watch Television in any kind of traditional way, and haven't for years. I don't hang my hat on television news and prefer to get it from various sources, but in this case, I'm being told by some folks that the 4 handgun/no rifle theory has re-emerged with federal officials as the source. I'm trying to confirm that, but all the clips out there I've found don't have a date stamp.

Without going full-retard tinfoil, I also have to say, that the medical examiner's interview about the weapon being used is bizarre and manufactured, and I was told by a colleague that he was recently on the news again and saying that he was mistaken about the rifle being used.

I'm not saying that he's the most reliable source.

I'll keep looking...
Old 01-18-2013, 4:08 AM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Monk View Post
Without going full-retard tinfoil, I also have to say, that the medical examiner's interview about the weapon being used is bizarre and manufactured, and I was told by a colleague that he was recently on the news again and saying that he was mistaken about the rifle being used.

I'm not saying that he's the most reliable source.
Didn't he also say words to the effect of, "If you have a good photographer, you can manipulate the results"?

That struck me as extremely odd.

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016
Old 01-18-2013, 4:48 AM

well no said i heard bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang ping! but the m1 is being brought up to be banned anyways.
Old 01-18-2013, 5:27 AM
Veteran Member

Red face

He's a DEMOCRAP!!!

You CAN'T judge him by his words, because that racist/sexist/homophobic/etc.

You have to judge him by his feelings and INTENTIONS - THAT'S what matters!!!

Besides, we know where Der Kommissar Obamassar INTENDS to take us, right?

Sooo
... HOW'D that RINO work out for ya'... AGAIN!
Old 01-18-2013, 6:40 AM

Never mind, I found the original thread and it was the same story I found on google, and apparently the clip referred to (without dates) is the same from the day after the shooting.

Not that I don't doubt the facts were "changed" to support political agendas, but others are right it's too effing late to change that now.

We just have to dig in and do our thing fighting it.

Case closed.