Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 10-10-2018, 3:42 PM

Default RifleGear October Sale

The Sale is October 20/21 only!

https://www.riflegear.com/t-event.octobersale2018.aspx

Last edited by supernachos; 10-10-2018 at 4:51 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 4:38 PM

I was debating getting an Aero lower from Turner's fur $65-70+ DROS, but I think I may have to swing by Riflegear now. A poverty pony will actually be a poverty pony...or I could grab a Riflegear branded Mega lower for about the same price as an Aero...so many decisions.
Old 10-10-2018, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbinator View Post
I was debating getting an Aero lower from Turner's fur $65-70+ DROS, but I think I may have to swing by Riflegear now. A poverty pony will actually be a poverty pony...or I could grab a Riflegear branded Mega lower for about the same price as an Aero...so many decisions.
Check the date on the advert! The Sale is October 20/21 only!
Old 10-11-2018, 10:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Damn, Primary Arms just had 3 Anderson lowers on sale for $29 each.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:53 AM

Man, I like Riflegear but 5% savings is HUGE?
Old 10-16-2018, 3:49 PM

Booooooo, 5% on CZ? Not worth the long lines and wait for $25...

Old 10-16-2018, 4:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Register View Post
Man, I like Riflegear but 5% savings is HUGE?
Not enough to cover the DROS.
Old 10-16-2018, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmandan View Post
Booooooo, 5% on CZ? Not worth the long lines and wait for $25...
A friend mentioned after his recent visits to perform a FFL transfer of an out of state firearm, that the place was pretty empty with hardly anyone in the shop on both occasions.

Long lines are a thing of the past... so definitely it's not Panic season anymore...
Old 10-16-2018, 7:08 PM

In this current environment, gun sales have to be suffering @RifleGear. If these stores don't start sales up like the how the auto industry did back in the Bush days, I don't see RifleGear surviving much longer. Especially if Trump goes for a second term. You can book that.

This sale is a slap in the face. I will not be there.
Old 10-16-2018, 7:26 PM

Guns are a slim margin business. Even high priced Turners was headed for bankruptcy before they got rescued from private equity.

There's a reason the 20% off Cabelas we all loved had to be bought out.

Sometimes I think these type of sales/deals/gimmegimeegimme forums are going to run all the gun stores out of business. Low prices from Amazon killing bloated, obsolete retail is generally a good thing. But when there are no gun stores left in California...?
Old 10-16-2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post
Guns are a slim margin business. Even high priced Turners was headed for bankruptcy before they got rescued from private equity.

There's a reason the 20% off Cabelas we all loved had to be bought out.

Sometimes I think these type of sales/deals/gimmegimeegimme forums are going to run all the gun stores out of business. Low prices from Amazon killing bloated, obsolete retail is generally a good thing. But when there are no gun stores left in California...?
You are right. I rescind my criticism. If we all don't start supporting our local stores. There will be no more other than home based FFL's.
Old 10-17-2018, 6:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Maybe if Riglegear opened up their 5% off to online sales, they would stir up much more business. I inquired about the HK 5% off and was told to wait for an online sale to come.
Old 10-17-2018, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozumasbullitt View Post
Maybe if Riglegear opened up their 5% off to online sales, they would stir up much more business. I inquired about the HK 5% off and was told to wait for an online sale to come.
Online is hurting CA gun stores. I've had an earful from more than one LGS proprietor about Budssgunhop.com (which is a lot cheaper to run in Kentucky than our LGS's). I could save some money ordering guns online and having them sent to my range (On Target) for free. But I've held off doing that because I'd rather give the business to local stores. I always give LGS's a chance to price match, or at least meet me in the middle.

At least one LGS told me recently that they are going online to compete with Bud's.

BTW I think Rifle Gear's $50 off Mossbergs is a good deal and I'm going to buy one if there are any left in stock.
Old 10-17-2018, 9:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Online is hurting CA gun stores. I've had an earful from more than one LGS proprietor about Budssgunhop.com (which is a lot cheaper to run in Kentucky than our LGS's). I could save some money ordering guns online and having them sent to my range (On Target) for free. But I've held off doing that because I'd rather give the business to local stores. I always give LGS's a chance to price match, or at least meet me in the middle.

At least one LGS told me recently that they are going online to compete with Bud's.

BTW I think Rifle Gear's $50 off Mossbergs is a good deal and I'm going to buy one if there are any left in stock.
Online sales may be hurting local dealers but local dealers can't get the "Circuit City" mindset and not stay current with all competition. Riflegear has an opportunity to capture the entire California market but instead, they are shrinking their audience to a small location.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Their customer service is not that great anymore. I always try to support the local gun stores, but not the ones that do NOT know how to treat customers.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Wow, tough crowd. Things are tough right now for sure with LGS's, given the "Trump Slump" and new CA gun laws that are really hurting rifle sales and limiting pistol models we can sell. But we are doing what we can to hang in there and I hope people come out to the sale. And yes those "long lines" have been gone for awhile, would like to see some more of that this weekend. We have some good deals and hope to see you there!

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by shark92651; 10-17-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Old 10-17-2018, 12:01 PM

In my book riflegear is still the best local gun shop we have here in Orange County. No drama, no ego, just plain and simple gun store who would try to accommodate most if not all our needs. i think there motto is services with a smile if your new to gun or wanting to acquire one this is the place for you. You will feel at home at this store and feel free to ask as much as you can. I know all this bec I brought friends here who's new to this hobby and I'm surprised how good we were treated. Don't even start with a ppt bec I've ppt Also at this store and the transaction was smooth as a butter. I've been to other gun store and I can't say the same headache free store!
Old 10-17-2018, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingCode3 View Post
Their customer service is not that great anymore. I always try to support the local gun stores, but not the ones that do NOT know how to treat customers.
I dont know about you but Rifle gear reps have never treated me with disrespect. I have been shopping there for years and have always been treated respect. I try to always deal with Victor, he will take care of you.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Just snagged a Riflegear Liberator (re-branded Mega lower) for less than $120 out the door. I debated getting a pair of poverty ponies instead, but I think I'll be happy.

Without DROS waived, I would have been the same price OTD for an Aero or Anderson lower at Turners.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:46 PM

Oh, and there was no raffle or reps today, which was somewhat of a disappointment since it sounded like it would be both days.
Old 10-21-2018, 7:34 PM

Red face

I went in today to get a Mossberg shotgun $50 off, but there were 16 people ahead of me, and I just didn't have the time to wait.

Maybe next sale...
Old 10-21-2018, 11:05 PM

Rifle Gear is better than any Turner's, and without any bureaucracy or excessive paperwork. I'd be there more often if I were closer. Online purchase and in-person pickup is the way to go.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shojivic View Post
Rifle Gear is better than any Turner's, and without any bureaucracy or excessive paperwork. I'd be there more often if I were closer. Online purchase and in-person pickup is the way to go.
"bureaucracy or excessive paperwork"
Hmmm...What extra stuff does Turner want from you when purchasing a firearm above and beyond what is dictated by law?!
Old 10-22-2018, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernachos View Post
Hmmm...What extra stuff does Turner want from you when purchasing a firearm above and beyond what is dictated by law?!
A "dealer handling fee" tacked onto the DROS fee, for starters.
Old 10-22-2018, 9:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbinator View Post
Oh, and there was no raffle or reps today, which was somewhat of a disappointment since it sounded like it would be both days.
If you made a purchase on Sat or Sunday you are automatically entered in the raffle, assuming we have your email address on your customer record. We have a new system where we will enter you in the raffle and it will email you a raffle confirmation. They are still working on invoices from Sunday, however.

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by shark92651; 10-22-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 2:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
If you made a purchase on Sat or Sunday you are automatically entered in the raffle, assuming we have your email address on your customer record. We have a new system where we will enter you in the raffle and it will email you a raffle confirmation. They are still working on invoices from Sunday, however.
Any New Frontier 9mm Glock lowers in the near future?
Old 10-22-2018, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Wow, tough crowd. Things are tough right now for sure with LGS's, given the "Trump Slump" and new CA gun laws that are really hurting rifle sales and limiting pistol models we can sell. But we are doing what we can to hang in there and I hope people come out to the sale. And yes those "long lines" have been gone for awhile, would like to see some more of that this weekend. We have some good deals and hope to see you there!
Quote:
I took advantage of the sale and got a decent deal as well as the usual great customer service. The employee went out of his way to hook me up with whatever swag was left over, which was icing on the cake as that stuff made a nice "surprise" for a friend. And I got my email confirming my raffle entries this morning. The discount may not seem like much to some, but I walked out happy. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2018, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernachos View Post
Apparently, Turners fanboy, you've been spared the mandatory demonstration and explanation of proper firearms handling and the triplicate forms and releases of liability, etc during your PPT.. You like Corporate franchises, I prefer personalized service. You also obviously have no other demands on your time and like a lengthy process. Ain't mad atcha! You do your thing and I'll support Rifle Gear, aight? Geez...
Old 10-22-2018, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shojivic View Post
Apparently, Turners fanboy, you've been spared the mandatory demonstration and explanation of proper firearms handling and the triplicate forms and releases of liability, etc during your PPT.. You like Corporate franchises, I prefer personalized service. You also obviously have no other demands on your time and like a lengthy process. Ain't mad atcha! You do your thing and I'll support Rifle Gear, aight? Geez...
I frequent both RG and Turners but I don’t suffer the same of the shopper angst that some people have when dealing with Turners?!

Hence, I ask questions because I am curious what other people encounter with other shops simple as that! RG also has it’s foibles that can piss customers off as well, no gun shop is perfect or immune to that!

My expectations are probably lower than yours and I don’t go by a stop watch. If the salesperson wants to go through the *mandated* (by law) items so be it, why get incensed by it?! It’s just part of the cost of doing business and getting the firearm you want at a mutually agreeable price?!

Personally, from experience, when the sales person sees me handle the pistol prior to sale in *any* gun shop, they end up not asking me to perform the safe handling check! And if they do, no biggie for me, I will oblige for both RG or Turners or any gun shop!

Other than having to pick a number and wait your turn, the lengthy process for purchase you describe is not apparent to me whether I go to RG, Turners or Ace’s Pawn etc...because I don’t count the minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by supernachos; 10-22-2018 at 9:29 PM..
Old 10-22-2018, 7:49 PM

Any idea when I should get that ticket from Sunday then?