Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2017, 8:34 PM

Default CCW weapon Glock 43 -Is it ok to upgrade the slide stop?

Hi,
New to the forum and have a question in regards to what changes/upgrades you can make on your CCW weapon.

My specific question is about upgrading the slide stop.

I have a glock 43 in which I would like to upgrade the OEM slide stop to the Vickers slide stop.

Is that ok to make this upgrade on a CCW weapon?
I live in Orange County.

thanks
Old 02-02-2017, 8:43 PM
Veteran Member

If it passes the safety/function inspection during your CCW class, it shouldn't be an issue.

It doesn't change the trigger or the safeties, you should be good to go...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 02-02-2017, 8:49 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I've heard from multiple OC residents that they do not allow any modifications.

Personally, I took the modded slide stop off of my G26 and put the stock one back on.
I bought it to make it easier to lock the slide back... which it really didn't do very well because the modification is like this "7", so it helps to release (I always slingshot) but my thumb slipped off trying to hold it up.
It also caused accidental lock-back a couple of times when muzzle flip drove it into my thumb.

Unless Glock N Roll or someone else can confirm that they are absolutely OK in OC, I would take the gun to inspection stock and ask. It would suck to show up and not be able to list it. Such a mistake in my county will result in the inability to list it until renewal in 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 03-01-2017, 8:42 AM

can we get a confirmation on whether aftermarkets modifications are allowed for OC ccw? (trigger, Slide, sights, barrel..etc)
Old 03-01-2017, 7:40 PM

No one is gonna say anything 'till you're in court for using your gun. Then your lawyer can argue why you were mod'ing your firearm.

If the gun is legal to carry then you can put it on your permit. They don't inspect them anyway.

They don't care how you bought them either, nor where, nor from whom, or whether it's on the roster or not, nor how big or small they are. As long as it's not an illegal firearm and you qualify with it you can put it on your permit - up to three firearms.

EDIT: Okay, dug out my 'TERMS OF LICENSE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT CARRY CONCEALED WEAPON - CCW' issued with my card:
Terms of the license, 8) Restrictions by Act: Any of the following or similar acts while in possession of a firearm shall be considered a violation of the licensee's general responsibilities as specified below:
M. "Possessing a weapon altered from its originally approved design, or weapon not listed on the license.
O. Any other act, omission or commission, deemed by the Sheriff to violate these regulations and/or the Sheriff's reasonable expectation of sound judgment and responsible conduct.

There. They can ding you for any reason.
If it were me I would call them and ask them. They'll likely say 'no' just for liability reasons. Everybody is sticking their neck out on this. Don't be 'that guy'.

Last edited by Browneye; 03-01-2017 at 8:27 PM..
Old 03-01-2017, 9:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

OCSD used to inspect everyone's weapons but they don't anymore. They leave that up to your CCW instructor but few look at your guns. At first no modifications meant no lasers or trigger pull adjustment but they've backed off on those.

Are you going to call OCSD if you want to change your sights or add grip tape? Personally I wouldn't bother, but if you feel the need to go for it.

Sent from my iPhone so typos to be expected.
Old 03-02-2017, 5:30 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
They'll likely say 'no' just for liability reasons. Everybody is sticking their neck out on this. Don't be 'that guy'.
Not really.
The law indemnifies the IA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 03-02-2017, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Not really.
The law indemnifies the IA.
Sure it does. But if you think they want trigger-happy half-cocked carriers out there running amok you're nuts. They keep it reigned in.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:44 PM

Anyone here have a ccw approved for carry that has aftermarket barrel or trigger? Aftermarket ported slide? How about RMR? Custom paint job?