Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-12-2017, 9:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Everyone around here LOVES paragraph breaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob94133 View Post
Hi, I just joined this site. I have been trying to learn how to have self protection for my home and possibly myself while out in public. I've read that getting a carry permit is almost impossible. But I've also read that SF will honor carry permits if from another county in California.

I am a resident in San Francisco and would like to get protection for my home, handgun, shotgun etc. Not sure whats allowed. I would like to also carry for protection also. I am a law abiding citizen. I'm a medical professional in the hospital here in the city and provide services for other hospitals in the east bay and such.

I have become more concerned about my safety here as I had a roommate I had to have leave because he started on drugs and alcohol then lost his job and stopped paying rent. It took me 4 months before I was able to get him out. During those 4 months he had less than desirable people over the house all the time. Then I found out through talking with them that they all served a good deal of time behind bars at maximum security prison, San Quentin. He would not leave on his own and when I got him out it was not pretty.

At any rate they vowed they would end my life since I got him out which meant him and his friends had no where to squat and do drugs. It was a nightmare here for a long time. I almost moved out. But I was able to save my place. I went and filed a report that my life was threatned but told theres not much they could do with verbal theats. That leaves me waiting for something to happen before the police can do something.

Today I seen one of them standing on the corner of my street, felt like he was seeing if I still lived here. It was almost a year since I got them out. So now I've called my local department and told them of this supsicious person. They drove around the area and did not find him. They called me back and told me they would continue to drive around ithrough the night.

I feel like a sitting duck. Sleep with a knife and a wooden dowel. Hard to sleep. I have to be up in a couple hours for work and cant sleep. I don't know if I'm allowed to own a firearm of any kind like a handgun or shotgun or any gun.

Plus I feel I am going to walk outside and they will be waiting around a corner or something.

Cant believe I moved to this beatuful city and ran into this. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Living under these circumstances leaves me feeling helpless and waiting to get hurt or killed. Theres about 5 of them, all on drugs and I think all but 1 has done between 5-10 years and dont really care about going back.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone so I can feel like I have a chance. I live in North Beach and if anyone knows how to post this message in the LE forum so they could read it maybe they can help also, or let me know how to post this there. I hope this is the right forum for this. Its my first post. I also want to add that I was born here, 40 something guy that moved here from the east coast about 5 years ago for this job.

Thanks for listening.
Sounds like you majorly ----ed up on the 4-S Rule!

(1) Get an alarm for your home. If you rent, there's plenty of good ones that don't require modifying the structure. For example, www.LaserShield.net

(2) A home shotgun is for retreating into the master bedroom and staying there until the boys in blue show up. (While watching for accomplices entering/shooting through the master bedroom windows.) If you live alone, anyone coming through your bedroom door gets a dose. Just make sure they're not cops.

(3) CA bans magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Next, if you buy new, any handgun must be on CA's handgun roster of approved handguns. (The list is getting shorter every year.) We are challenging the roster in court (Pena case), but who knows if and when we'll win it.

(4) Pepper spray is a good thing to always have on you. CA law limits you to canisters that are 2.5 oz or less, but it does not limit the number of canisters you carry at one time. But pepper spray is known to fail, so don't be surprised if it does.

(5) In CA most knife regulations are local ordinances. Search around the SF city gov't pages for info re them.

More thoughts, incl the 4-S Rule, at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=424425

Welcome to CalGuns and welcome to the fight for your Right to Keep and Bear Arms!

215+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 10-12-2017 at 10:05 PM..