Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-31-2018, 9:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
And this will never happen! Santa Clara County is probably the third most liberal county in the State.
Actually, it is in a 3-way tie with Napa and Yolo counties as the most conservative in the SFBA! Just go to the Wiki page for each of the 9 SFBA counties and go to the voter registration information. They all have ~23% more Dems than Repubs (Yeah, "conservative" is a relative term in the SFBA.... SF has 47% more Dems than Repubs )

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 09-01-2018 at 4:13 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootle View Post
Santa Clara City or County?

I know a while back, it was pointed out Santa Clara City PD issued permits to their own reserve officers, making them the issuing Agency/Authority for SC City residents... but I've never been bothered to pursue if Chief Sellers supports citizen CCW or not (likely not). On a bright note, however... Sellers is up for reelection, so we could ask him about that...

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should ask sooner than later. I noticed he (ordered) changed the SCPD Facebook page to become "Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers" recently. Clearly a campaign move for public name-recognition.
I just tried looking around and found nothing re. CCWs on the City of Santa Clara's Police Dept website.

Seller's is still their CoP.

http://santaclaraca.gov/government/d...ice-department

Last edited by Paladin; 08-31-2018 at 10:20 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You won't get denied. They will simply throw your application in the trash. I have applied three times in the past 5 years and have never received any type of response whatsoever.
What happened to the 3 checks you submitted with your 3 apps? Were they deposited/cashed?

Last edited by Paladin; 09-25-2018 at 12:09 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I believe I read that Gilroy PD issued the CCW to the friend of the poster above.
I could not find any info re. CCWs on the Gilroy PD website:
http://www.cityofgilroy.org/151/Police-Department

Last edited by Paladin; 09-01-2018 at 8:20 AM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
I’m willing to help out with whatever I can. I just can’t do any planning or organizing. Let me know if you guys need anything.
I just went through all the posts since 2017 January 01 and not a single person says they applied for a CCW with the Santa Clara SO, much less whether they were approved or denied and what their GC statement was like. Yet everyone around here is saying how anti Smith is. She could have changed a year and a half ago and none of us would know it.

I've seen IAs that charge as little as $45 or as much as $115 for an application to get processed to the point of GC approval or denial. If you want a CCW and can afford to lose something in that range, and you can work up more than just SD = GC, go for it and follow it to its conclusion. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-31-2018 at 10:33 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I just went through all the posts since 2017 January 01 and not a single person says they applied for a CCW with the Santa Clara SO, much less whether they were approved or denied and what their GC statement was like. Yet everyone around here is saying how anti Smith is. She could have changed a year and a half ago and none of us would know it.

I've seen IAs that charge as little as $45 or as much as $115 for an application to get processed to the point of GC approval or denial. If you want a CCW and can afford to lose something in that range, and you can work up more than just SD = GC, go for it and follow it to its conclusion. Let us know how it goes.

I applied after the Peruta decision. I sent the application certified. I donít know what to do next. Iím pretty sure my application is buried under a pile of applications somewhere if not in the garbage.
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 08-31-2018, 10:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I applied after the Peruta decision. I sent the application certified. I don’t know what to do next. I’m pretty sure my application is buried under a pile of applications somewhere if not in the garbage.
What was the date you mailed it? (There were several "Peruta decisions".)

Was your check deposited/cashed?

Did you email/phone/drop in/appointment to follow up? If not, why not?

Old 08-31-2018, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Default Santa Clara -- APPLY to Get a Spot in Line

Quote:
What was the date you mailed it? (There were several "Peruta decisions".)

Was your check deposited/cashed?

Did you email/phone/drop in/appointment to follow up? If not, why not?

The first decision before it went en banc. I donít remember sending a check because no fees were required on the application. I emailed the gentleman thatís in charge of CCW applications. His name is Kurtis Stenderup. I was told that they were waiting on Peruta. If and when Peruta was finalized, they would process applications in the order received.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c

Last edited by phdo; 08-31-2018 at 10:39 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The first decision before it went en banc. I don’t remember sending a check because no fees were required on the application. I emailed the gentleman that’s in charge of CCW applications. His name is Kurtis Stenderup. I was told that they were waiting on Peruta. If and when Peruta was finalized, they would process applications in the order received.
Peruta was denied cert. 2017 June -- over a year ago. Time to contact them again, don't you think?

Quote:
If you are interested in applying for a CCW permit, please complete the application below and submit it either via mail or in person to:

Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office
ATTN: CCW Unit
55 W Younger Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110

If you have any questions, please email CCW@sheriff.sccgov.org
From: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/sheriff/Pages/ccw.aspx

Last edited by Paladin; 08-31-2018 at 10:47 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Peruta was denied cert. 2017 June -- over a year ago. Time to contact them again, don't you think?

I was under the impression that they werenít going to issue permits unless Peruta was ruled in our favor. I donít know how to start the conversation with them when theyíre not legally obligated to issue permits.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 08-31-2018, 10:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was under the impression that they weren’t going to issue permits unless Peruta was ruled in our favor. I don’t know how to start the conversation with them when they’re not legally obligated to issue permits.
Quote:
I would go over the info on the SDSO's CCW webpage and then the info at SDCGO re. CCWs. Then fill out a SCSO app incl the strongest GC you can prove by evidence, and apply!

https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/sheriff/Pages/ccw.aspx

Time to hit the rack....

Old 09-01-2018, 3:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was under the impression that they weren’t going to issue permits unless Peruta was ruled in our favor. I don’t know how to start the conversation with them when they’re not legally obligated to issue permits.
They are legally required to issue CCWs, to "exercise their discretion" per Salute v. Pitchess. What Peruta was going to require them to do is accept "self defense" as sufficient Good Cause (aka SD = GC).

If you had wanted, you could have paid the fees and had them process your app back then and, if you used merely SD = GC, been denied. I'm saying someone needs to go the conventional route now (i.e., do NOT apply with only SD = GC, but work up the best GC statement you can prove) and apply and let us know how it goes, including whether the non-LE staff and LEOs involved were encouraging/helpful or discouraging/unhelpful.

I should have also mentioned that if you live in one of the four Santa Clara Co cities that also issue CCWs (there may be others that just don't mention it on their websites), you should go thru it first with them and then, if they deny you, apply thru the SO/Smith.

If your PD issues and they deny you for GC, be sure to mention that to the SO when you apply to them because they'll want to contact that PD to see that you really were denied only for lack of GC and not for lack of GMC (i.e., something your own PD knows about you that the SO might not). Being up front about that shows the SO that you're being open & honest with them vs them finding out on their own and then seeing your the type who tried hide relevant info from them. A denial for lack of GC doesn't hurt you: they know that's up to the CLEO and not about your character.

Here's a thread I -- who doesn't even live in Santa Clara Co -- made for you folk after having gone thru EVERY one of your incorporated cities' PDs' websites looking for info re. CCWs: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1473741

Again: more stuff that you SC folk should be doing for yourselves but are not. Your county is the most populous in NorCal (1.8M) and 6th statewide, yet there's less than a dozen of you who are regular posters. Where is everyone?!!

Last edited by Paladin; 09-01-2018 at 3:11 PM..
Old 09-01-2018, 3:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Just skimming over that I did not see "CCW" or "concealed carry" mentioned.

If you guys want to get an idea of whether Smith will lose or not, search online for the percent of all votes cast for all other candidates and add them to Hirokawa's and see if that percent is greater or less than the percent Smith won in the June primary.

FWIW, of all "lower 5"/"vital 5" SFBA counties (SF, SM, SC, AL and CoCoCo), SC is the ONLY one with a significant Repub presence. That's why I keep encouraging you folks to organize and act (while you still can). You're our only hope for a non-judicial improvement in CCW issuance in the lower 5 SFBA.
Bolded and bumped for those of you who are willing to do something for yourselves....

Old 09-01-2018, 3:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I just went back to mid Dec 2015 and, AFAICanTell, everyone who applied did so pending Peruta (i.e., they did not submit checks/MOs and used only SD/PP = GC and said to wait until Peruta finalized). My *guess* is all of those have been shredded or are sitting in storage somewhere.

IOW, since Nov 2015 no one has said they applied with SCSO/Smith, used more than SD = GC, paid the fees and told them to process their app now.

IOW, for all we know, back on 2016 Jan 01 Smith could have loosened her GC requirement and we still wouldn't know it....

At least 2 1/2 years of ignorance. I'll let SC Co folk spend their time going back further to see when was the last poster who claims to have been issued or denied a CCW by Smith. I started at p. 15 and went forward: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...352799&page=15

ETA: I went back to 2014 June, 6 months after the 3-judge panel that gave us a Peruta win (before the en banc loss) and right after Smith was reelected last time. Guess what? In the past 4 YEARS since then NOT ONE poster has said they applied the normal way and told the sheriff to process now (i.e., NOT using SD = GC and not pending Peruta), paid the fees and was either denied or issued.... at least 4 years of ignorance as to Smith's GC standard.

Here's where I started: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...352799&page=12 You guys can go back further than that so figure out when was the last time anyone actually applied with Smith.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-09-2018 at 4:09 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 2:03 PM
Calguns Addict

If anyone actually wants to do something to improve CCW issuance in Santa Clara County, PM me.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-02-2018 at 7:56 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 2:49 PM

It is not an application unless you give them money. If they don't want you to apply they tell you that you have little or no chance. But then of course they can say they dole out ccw to 90 or 100% who do apply. State law mandates that they take and file your application and make a decision.
You can always be denied and carry your denial paperwork while you carry concealed. I have always thought that a jury of your peers would think that was good enough. But I am a constitutionalist.
Old 09-02-2018, 3:04 PM
Veteran Member

I remember that I sent in a check with my application. They never cashed it. Do I have to apply in-person and pay so they can process my application and make a decision?
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 09-02-2018, 3:06 PM

This guy got his CCW in Santa Clara County, not sure if he's on the forums or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment...n_sf_bay_area/
Old 09-02-2018, 6:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I remember that I sent in a check with my application. They never cashed it. Do I have to apply in-person and pay so they can process my application and make a decision?
Quote:
If you are interested in applying for a CCW permit, please complete the application below and submit it either via mail or in person to:

Santa Clara County Sheriffís Office
ATTN: CCW Unit
55 W Younger Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110

If you have any questions, please email CCW@sheriff.sccgov.org From: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/sheriff/Pages/ccw.aspx

Old 09-02-2018, 7:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I applied after the Peruta decision. I sent the application certified. I don’t know what to do next. I’m pretty sure my application is buried under a pile of applications somewhere if not in the garbage.
Quote:
The first decision before it went en banc. I don’t remember sending a check because no fees were required on the application. I emailed the gentleman that’s in charge of CCW applications. His name is Kurtis Stenderup. I was told that they were waiting on Peruta. If and when Peruta was finalized, they would process applications in the order received.
Quote:
From 4 years ago...

Quote:
As I understand it, you can apply for a CCW right now and get processed under the sheriff's current policy (where self-defense is not sufficient Good Cause), or you can turn in an application now and they'll hold off processing it pending finalization of Peruta. The 90 days law only applies to the first option, not to the 2nd where they are doing YOU a favor by taking your app and holding it for you to be process as soon as Peruta is finalized. If you don't like either option, you can wait to turn in your app until Peruta is finalized, and then try to get in line when there's a FLOOD of applicants (just like what happened in Orange and Ventura counties after Peruta was published).
You tried under the method depending upon a Peruta win. Tell them you'd now like to try to apply normally. BE WARNED: It might get expensive. See my next post.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-02-2018 at 7:04 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 7:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
This guy got his CCW in Santa Clara County, not sure if he's on the forums or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment...n_sf_bay_area/
Thanks!

From that 4 month old thread:
Quote:
... its $200+ just for the renewal on top of the initial $500+ i paid the first time.
I do not know if that $500 includes Livescan ($varies), psych eval ($150 max.), training ($varies) or anything else.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-02-2018 at 7:15 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 7:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks!

From that 4 month old thread: I do not know if that $500 includes Livescan ($varies), psych eval ($150 max.), training ($varies) or anything else.

I will try my luck when I get back to the west coast. Iím currently in the east coast for Labor Day weekend. Iíve been in Indiana and carrying everyday. Just got out of a movie while carrying. Freedom feels good.

Do you know if that guy is a member here? Iím going to contact him via Reddit and ask about the process and his GC.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c

Last edited by phdo; 09-02-2018 at 7:21 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 7:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I will try my luck when I get back to the west coast. I’m currently in the east coast for Labor Day weekend. I’ve been in Indiana and carrying everyday. Just got out of a movie while carrying. Freedom feels good.

Do you know if that guy is a member here? I’m going to contact him via Reddit and ask about the process and his GC.
He's QuarterBoreGunner on CGN.

If you read thru that Reddit, he was involved in a take over robbery gunfight at a gun store he worked at. SCSO first denied him, but after the gunfight changed their mind.... He's posted about it before on CGN.

ETA:
Quote:
Mine was not the usual process; for most of the 90's I managed a shop and indoor range. We were also the local NFA weapons dealer for local law enforcement. I and the owner were transporting, real live, no-****, machine guns, SBRs and SBSs in our vehicles. I applied back then and was turned down for "insufficient justification". Then this complete moron tried to do a take over robbery of the store (robbing a gun store? Really? Really.) and we ended up in a... what's the polite word? An "exchange of greetings"? Nope it was a gunfight. Anyway, I ended up shooting him twice, he lived and ended up in prison for the next 48 years (still has about 30 to go) and then the Sheriff's department decided that yeah, maybe me having a permit would be a good thing. So yeah, not the normal process.
From: https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment..._area/dyca507/

Last edited by Paladin; 09-02-2018 at 8:12 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
He's QuarterBoreGunner on CGN.

If you read thru that Reddit, he was involved in a take over robbery gunfight at a gun store he worked at. SCSO first denied him, but after the gunfight changed their mind.... He's posted about it before on CGN.

ETA:
From: https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment..._area/dyca507/

Iím aware of QBGís story. Iíve read that thread. Thatís some scary stuff. Iím surprised SCSO is letting him renew since that happen quite some time ago.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 09-09-2018, 3:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If anyone actually wants to do something to improve CCW issuance in Santa Clara County, PM me.
A week later and only phdo said they'd be willing to help improve SCSO issuance.... 1 person out of a population of 1,900,000

Old 09-09-2018, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If you guys want to get an idea of whether Smith will lose or not, search online for the percent of all votes cast for all other candidates and add them to Hirokawa's and see if that percent is greater or less than the percent Smith won in the June primary.
Quote:
Bolded and bumped for those of you who are willing to do something for yourselves....
Since NO ONE (as usual) from Santa Clara Co, pop. 1.9M, has done what they should do, I, who don't even live in that county...

Quote:
SHERIFF

Precincts: 988 of 988 reported

LAURIE SMITH 135,981 42.99%

JOHN HIROKAWA 102,645 32.45%

JOE LA JEUNESSE 35,306 11.16%

JOSE SALCIDO 27,872 8.81%

MARTIN J. MONICA 14,515 4.59%
Of the 25% that neither Smith nor Hirokawa got in the primary, Hirokawa needs to win 18% -- about 2/3rds.

But that's assuming the proportions stay the same in the general election -- they won't. A bunch of people who didn't bother to vote in the primary (it's summer after all....) will show up to vote in the general. Those folks, IMO, are more likely to default to the incumbent.

We'll know in about 2 months...

Last edited by Paladin; 09-09-2018 at 8:17 PM..
Old 09-09-2018, 3:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I’m willing to help out with whatever I can. I just can’t do any planning or organizing. Let me know if you guys need anything.
Here's something I suggested.

Quote:
Have you guys even contacted the SO and told them you want Sheriff Smith to liberalize CCW issuance by broadening acceptable GC?

Quote:
If you have any questions, please email CCW@sheriff.sccgov.org

Have you even contacted Sheriff Smith's campaign to tell them you want her to liberalize CCW issuance by broadening acceptable GC?
Here's her campaign's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/lauriesmithreelection/
It's been a week. Anyone do that yet?

I don't get it: so many posters whining about Smith yet you aren't even willing to send a PM or email to her to ask that she liberalize CCW issuance??? Why do you even post in this thread?

Last edited by Paladin; 09-09-2018 at 4:04 PM..
Old 09-09-2018, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
GS2AC had a meeting last night, Aug 30th. Anyone go to it?

If so, how was it? Can you give us an overview of what went on?

What are they doing to increase the # of CCWs issued by either the SO or their various cities' PDs?

https://gs2ac.com/blogs/

Old 09-13-2018, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Hirokawa said he “wants to take politics out of concealed-carry permits,” while Smith defended her practices, saying she has been judicious and doles them out based on an applicant having a “good defined need.”
Santa Clara County sheriff candidates trade barbs, revive racist-text scandal at first general election debate

Five-term incumbent Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith and former Undersheriff John Hirokawa square off at NAACP forum ahead of rare runoff race.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...ection-debate/
Old 09-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post
Santa Clara County sheriff candidates trade barbs, revive racist-text scandal at first general election debate

Five-term incumbent Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith and former Undersheriff John Hirokawa square off at NAACP forum ahead of rare runoff race.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...ection-debate/

Good read. Let me know if they hold anymore events like this. I want to attend.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 09-14-2018, 8:01 PM
Veteran Member

Do we know Hirokawaís stance on CCW? If no, has anyone tried reaching out to his campaign?
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 09-14-2018, 9:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Do we know Hirokawa’s stance on CCW? If no, has anyone tried reaching out to his campaign?
I went to his campaign website weeks ago and posted what he had under "Issues" -- nothing re. CCWs.

From that article you said you read above:
Quote:
The two also debated how the office issues concealed-carry weapons permits in the county. Smith has been accused of playing politics when deciding who receives the hard-to-get gun privilege.

Hirokawa said he “wants to take politics out of concealed-carry permits,” while Smith defended her practices, saying she has been judicious and doles them out based on an applicant having a “good defined need.”
Sounds like Smith doesn't intend to change her CCW policy or practices.

Who knows what Hirokawa means by taking politics out of CCWs, but I guess we're supposed to assume whatever it means, it means he'll issue more CCWs than Smith.

Yeah, folks in Santa Clara co. need to step up, but for some reason, no one is even though Santa Clara Co is the most populous county in NorCal.

Maybe CGNers prefer whining on CGN than actually doing something to improve their chances for CCWs?

Last edited by Paladin; 09-15-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I went to his campaign website weeks ago and posted what he had under "Issues" -- nothing re. CCWs.

From that article you said you read above:
Sounds like Smith doesn't intend to change her CCW policy or practices.

Who knows what Hirokawa means by taking politics out of CCWs, but I guess we're supposed to assume whatever it means, it means he'll issue more CCWs than Smith.

Yeah, folks in Santa Clara co. need to step up, but for some reason, no one is even though Santa Clara Co is the most populous county in NorCal.

Maybe CGNers prefer whining on CGN than actually doing something to improve their chances for CCWs?

I read through his entire site before I posted. Not a single mention of CCW. I donít know what the hell that means either. It would be a pleasant surprise if he starts issuing. I wonít hold my breath though. A member here mentioned that he knew a guy in Hirokawaís campaign and the guy claimed that Hirokawa is pro-CCW.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c

Last edited by phdo; 09-15-2018 at 12:27 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 7:06 AM

Quote:
I read through his entire site before I posted. Not a single mention of CCW. I donít know what the hell that means either. It would be a pleasant surprise if he starts issuing. I wonít hold my breath though. A member here mentioned that he knew a guy in Hirokawaís campaign and the guy claimed that Hirokawa is pro-CCW.
I'd heard something similar, that he was "holding back" on CCW endorsement to save it as a kicker later in the race- to burst ahead of Smith. No idea as to the validity that is his plan, is what he said or if that makes political sense. I could see if he's "close enough" it could get him a last minute jump (with a bunch of marketing about it), so she wouldn't have time to react...

(I am not a political consultant nor play one on TV)
Old 09-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post
I'd heard something similar, that he was "holding back" on CCW endorsement to save it as a kicker later in the race- to burst ahead of Smith. No idea as to the validity that is his plan, is what he said or if that makes political sense. I could see if he's "close enough" it could get him a last minute jump (with a bunch of marketing about it), so she wouldn't have time to react...
More likely a Plan B "Hail Mary" pass if it looks like he's sure to lose....

Old 09-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

You guys are nuts. There is no way a pro CCW announcement is a good thing in Santa Clara county! He would lose thousands of votes he may otherwise get with such an announcement.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 09-15-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You guys are nuts. There is no way a pro CCW announcement is a good thing in Santa Clara county! He would lose thousands of votes he may otherwise get with such an announcement.
Folks said the same thing about Nike a week or so ago...
Old 09-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I agree. There are a lot of antis in the Bay Area. I would assume it will do more harm than good if he made it public that heís pro CCW.
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 09-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Who said it has to be a "pro CCW announcement"? Just make an announcement that he won't be as anti as Smith. What he did was a good first step.

But, frankly given how none of you are organizing, I'm surprised he even did that....

Old 09-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Letís get off our asses and do something about it. Should we reach out to his campaign and let them know that a lot of pro-2A voters will support him if he liberalizes CCW?
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c