Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-20-2018, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
CCW doesn't make you a cop. Client should have dialed 911 from the safety of his car and, if confronted by the homeless man, driven away rapidly.
I understand each and every opinion posted about what they would do under the circumstances or who they would protect. Each person has his or her own limitations, morals, standards, motivations, etc. I look to the story of the airliner landing in the Hudson -- when the FAA had their pilots run the simulation -- knowing what was about to happen, they had time to really consider their options and they were able to land on pavement. When the human factor was added in (time to consider the event, make a plan and implement), they crashed. While I was not at the Incident, I believe that the woman may have been badly injured but for the intervention.
I am one of those folks who would help almost anyone -- it is a personal choice. I never applied for a CCW because it is a decision and responsibility I was not willing to take. Martial Arts and other options have been my gold standard for years; however, I am reconsidering for several reasons. I am not sure if a pistol or taser or both would be things I would carry.
I would bet that a cop arriving on scene would have pulled his piece and, when confronted, probably would have put 17 down range. Revoking this man's CCW is well beyond reason.
Old 05-20-2018, 5:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghammer View Post
I understand each and every opinion posted about what they would do under the circumstances or who they would protect. Each person has his or her own limitations, morals, standards, motivations, etc. I look to the story of the airliner landing in the Hudson -- when the FAA had their pilots run the simulation -- knowing what was about to happen, they had time to really consider their options and they were able to land on pavement. When the human factor was added in (time to consider the event, make a plan and implement), they crashed. While I was not at the Incident, I believe that the woman may have been badly injured but for the intervention.
I am one of those folks who would help almost anyone -- it is a personal choice. I never applied for a CCW because it is a decision and responsibility I was not willing to take. Martial Arts and other options have been my gold standard for years; however, I am reconsidering for several reasons. I am not sure if a pistol or taser or both would be things I would carry.
I would bet that a cop arriving on scene would have pulled his piece and, when confronted, probably would have put 17 down range. Revoking this man's CCW is well beyond reason.
Please see my post.

Separate WHY he acted, and whether it was justified, with why he was revoked.

There is a specifc requirement in OC that incidents involving your ccw be reported within a time frame. He didnít do that. Thatís what happened. It isnít in any way connected to whether or not he acted properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXX
Old 05-20-2018, 6:18 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghammer View Post
And if he decided to not to report the incident to his superiors he would have been suspended then fired. If he wanted a chance at getting his job back he'd need a lawyer and a hearing...

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 05-20-2018, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller134 View Post
And Iím perfectly fine with my choices. Itís not my responsibility to play hero. My family depends on me and Iím not going to jeopardize my safety, freedom, or financial stability for someone I donít know.
Giving or not giving assistance is personal choice.

I was just pointing out that regardless of your decision, there are mental and emotional consequences you'll have to live with even if you do not assist. Assisting someone that is yelling for help while being assaulted isn't "playing hero.". In my opinion, It's just doing the right thing.
Old 05-21-2018, 4:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller134 View Post
Thatís why I have strict personal rules on when I would engage someone. My ccw is for me and my family. Iíll be a good witness in other situations unless itís children being harmed.
That's your CHOICE. Many people have similar views as your's but don't even make an exception for children or other helpless people. Personally, I will do anything in my power to stop a criminal who is raping a 4 year old girl, an 80 year old woman or even a 25 year old who is mentally or physically challenged. My morals and ethics would not let me just call 911 and sit there watching and being a good witness.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE