Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 01-03-2018, 5:32 PM
Veteran Member

Default Bob Lindsey LA Sheriff

There are two threads on him but this should be the official one. I will copy/paste my correspondence with him.

I just watched a video on Facebook from Mr. Lindsey and sent a message. Here is my message to him.

"Hello Mr. Lindsey, I watched your video on CCW issuance and have some questions. When you say rigorous background checks, what does that entail. Also you mentioned extensive training can you elaborate? If an LA County resident has an out-of-state permit would you accept that for background or training purposes? Thank you for your time."

Now waiting for a response.

My answer and follow up question.

(Mr. Lindsey)

"Hi Jeff, unfortunately, state law requires that you attend training here as our state has different standards from other states. I’m bound by that state law. Rigorous background checks are checks done at the federal level when purchasing a firearm and filling out the Form 4473. I hope that answers your question. Please feel free to ask if it doesn’t."

(My follow up question)

"Thank you for your quick response so as I understand a NICS check with Live Scan is sufficient for the background and as for the training would it be a general 8 Hour classroom and life fire requirements? Both of those are reasonable and yes state law however would you require more than those and at what cost? I received my Arizona permit with those requirements and it cost $120. Considering the average income of a Los Angeles County resident that's a reasonable amount however in all honesty our right is a right but this is where we are. Hopefully you will not have an erroneous fee for exercising our right to protect ourselves. Again thank you for your response and I hope to hear back from you clarifying the process."

UPDATE: He responded only minutes after.

"The state standards for training and the costs associated with them are reasonable and stringent enough for me. A clean criminal background will be verified via a criminal background check done by my department personnel at the existing cost of $10.00."

So far he sounds like he may indeed be a shall issue.

"The 2nd Amendment is a right, not a suggestion"
“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:
200 bullets at a time......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/198981/life01.jpg

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA

Last edited by gobler; 01-03-2018 at 5:37 PM..
Old 01-05-2018, 6:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
So far he sounds like he may indeed be a shall issue.
Best not to use "shall issue" phrasing since that is not legally accurate and gives anti CLEOs a way of stumping folks on our side when we confront them. (Sheriff: "California state law is 'May Issue'. The Ninth Circuit has upheld that state law. Both state law and federal court decisions require me to ask for Good Cause and exercise discretion. Next question, please?")

The way I ask it now is "will you accept 'self-defense' or 'personal protection' as a sufficient Good Cause statement for issuing a CCW?"

225+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 01-05-2018, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Best not to use "shall issue" phrasing since that is not legally accurate and gives anti CLEOs a way of stumping folks on our side when we confront them. (Sheriff: "California state law is 'May Issue'. The Ninth Circuit has upheld that state law. Both state law and federal court decisions require me to ask for Good Cause and exercise discretion. Next question, please?")

The way I ask it now is "will you accept 'self-defense' or 'personal protection' as a sufficient Good Cause statement for issuing a CCW?"
I agree with you Paladin...He needs to be specific asked...what does he consider as good cause?...since calif. is A "may issue" state!...gobler...you need to ask him this...for clarification....We will be waiting from you to see what he says.

Last edited by stag6.8; 01-05-2018 at 7:38 AM..
Old 01-08-2018, 2:16 PM
Veteran Member

To answer your question on Mr. Lindsays good cause. He stated up front "self defense" was all he needed. To me that is as close to shall issue as one can get in this craptastic state..

“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:

Old 01-09-2018, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Well after today's travesty of yet another failed legislative attempt for good cause, it's imperative that we get Bob Lindsey in office.

- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:

Old 01-09-2018, 5:41 PM

bob lindsey needs to get out and be more active..on facebook social media...like travis allen for gov. is doing..it seems to be working for travis too..mr. lindsey needs to do the same.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:36 AM
Head Janitor

I have sent the following to Mr Lindsey:

Quote:
Hello,

My Name is Paul Nordberg, I am writing you on behalf of the community at Calguns.net.

Calguns.net is an online community consisting of over 350,000 voting California shooting sports enthusiasts, firearms collectors and Second Amendment advocates across multiple social media platforms.

In consideration of your candidacy in the upcoming election we would like to ask some questions regarding your positions on firearms ownership and firearms laws. We use these questions to determine which candidates to recommend that our members endorse, support and vote for. Please provide answers to the following questions and return via email to paul.nordberg@calguns.net.

What is your position on the Second Amendment, does it apply to individuals or to the State?

What is your position on ‘assault weapons’ and expanding or repealing the existing ban on ownership?

What is your position on magazine capacity restrictions, should these restrictions be lifted or maintained?

What is your position on the current California ‘Safe Handgun Roster’?

What is your position on the restrictions on the purchase of ammunition, should these restrictions be lifted or maintained?

What is your position on concealed carry and open carry, is either one or both an inherent right under the 2nd Amendment?

Regarding Peruta v. California, in your opinion is 'Self Defense' sufficient cause for a law abiding citizen to obtain a Concealed Weapons permit?

Do you favor increasing firearms laws in California or favor repealing some or all of the existing State laws that go above and beyond existing Federal law?

What California ‘gun control’ laws would you be prefer to see repealed or see added?

Do you think California’s firearms laws are too lenient, too strict or about right?

Thank you for your time and your response,

Paul Nordberg
President, Calguns.net
Vice President, Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 01-11-2018, 2:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I have sent the following to Mr Lindsey:
Great questionnaire.. post his response if/when he does..

- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:

Old 01-12-2018, 1:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Is there any realistic chance of anyone defeating Sheriff Jim McDonnell? I'll certainly vote for anyone who isn't McDonnell, but will it achieve anything?

In the 2016 election, Libertarian voters threw the swing states of Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, New Hampshire, and Maine to Hillary, for a total of 38 electoral college votes. Hillary would have created a permanent a permanent entitlement class and permanent Democratic control over the US.
Old 01-12-2018, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Is there any realistic chance of anyone defeating Sheriff Jim McDonnell? I'll certainly vote for anyone who isn't McDonnell, but will it achieve anything?
It's real hard to defeat an incumbent Sheriff. It hasn't happened in L.A. County for more than 100 years. Most voters don't do a lot of research and will support an incumbent unless there is a lot of controversy, and the controversy touches a majority of the voters.

In can happen though. In November, the voters of King County ousted our Sheriff who was running for re-election and elected one of his executive staff as the new sheriff.
Old 01-12-2018, 3:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
No.
Old 02-08-2018, 3:06 PM
Veteran Member

Bob Lindsey is having a "walk" in Glendora on Sat 12pm-4pm
415 W. Carroll St., Glendora Ca.
I'm going to try to be there...

https://www.facebook.com/events/222225701682739/?ti=cl
^^ his Facebook page ^^

- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:

Old 02-08-2018, 8:04 PM
Veteran Member

Raido interview...

http://americaoutloud.com/need-refra...e-bob-lindsey/

- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote: