Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-27-2017, 9:09 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 31,867
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
Well... what about a Democrat that just happens to be a die-hard, no apologies, absolute 2nd Amendment stalwart to the bone?

They do exist in Southern and Mid-West states; I just can't figure out why we can't find, have, or support one in CA that is absolutely "Shall not be infringed" that won't go turn-coat.
Any democrat smart enough to oppose gun control was smart enough to leave California 50 years ago

Seriously though... The south is an enigma to the Dems, and a legacy they want to bury.
Southern Democrats... Dixiecrats... are VERY conservative, religious, and have a history of racism (and hypocrisy). Gun control has its roots in racism, but that never took hold in the south.
Southern Democrats know how to play to a conservative base and hold power, and for the most part, are more conservative than Yankee-state Republicans.

Unfortunately, that only works on the state level. Once they get into Washington and get mired in the swamp, they vote the party line.
Of course, if we look at Washington, Dianne and Barbara have fought for national gun control for their entire careers, and all they got for it was a 10-year long AWB that was not renewed.

No, we don't have nationwide Con-Carry, but by comparison, in 1986, most states were either no-issue or may-issue. We've made YUGE progress in that respect over the last 30 years.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-28-2017, 12:09 AM
Battosai1 Battosai1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 186
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Of course, if we look at Washington, Dianne and Barbara have fought for national gun control for their entire careers, and all they got for it was a 10-year long AWB that was not renewed.

No, we don't have nationwide Con-Carry, but by comparison, in 1986, most states were either no-issue or may-issue. We've made YUGE progress in that respect over the last 30 years.
I'll feel better about my country when the national firearms act is abolished, then I'll say we 'may' have a chance to turn this around. Remember we have never abolished Federal gun laws.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-28-2017, 5:22 AM
Milsurp Collector's Avatar
Milsurp Collector Milsurp Collector is offline
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Free America
Posts: 5,633
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battosai1 View Post
Remember we have never abolished Federal gun laws.
The Federal “assault weapon” ban of 1994 was allowed to expire and was not renewed in 2004.
__________________
Revolvers are not pistols

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
I'm happy to help people who have specific questions, but I ignore threads that begin with the command "school me".

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Battosai1 Battosai1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 186
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
The Federal “assault weapon” ban of 1994 was allowed to expire and was not renewed in 2004.
I wouldn't really call that a win, more like we got lucky in a race and everyone who ran in front tripped and died on the track.

Last edited by Battosai1; 12-28-2017 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-28-2017, 8:20 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 31,867
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battosai1 View Post
I wouldn't really call that a win, more like we got lucky in a race and everyone who ran in front tripped and died on the track.
Not really.
The dems lost BIG TIME in the house and senate in the 1994 mid-terms. This was due to two reasons. 1 - The AWB. 2 - The threat of HillaryCare

Clinton would have maintained control over all 3 houses had the AWB not passed.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-29-2017, 7:52 AM
1st5 1st5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 322
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Don't put your hopes into one person correcting what is wrong with this state. Simply electing a Republican Governor, even should it be possible with the rigged primary system that was voted in by the people, will not solve the problems in the Senate and Assembly and at the local levels. That being said Travis Allen seems to be the person that Republicans should support. There is an independent running on the platform of getting rid of the CPUC and pro-nuclear energy by the name of Michael Shellenberger but I don't know anything else about him.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-29-2017, 4:57 PM
colossians323's Avatar
colossians323 colossians323 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,121
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Yes...we should run nothing but RINO's.
Rinos make for a better stance on the 2A
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE!

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-29-2017, 9:17 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,960
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikvenum93 View Post
If you think that this is going to swing once Calpers starts cutting benefits then we’re going to be waiting a long time.

This has very little to do with csu or uc. It has everything to do with the fact that the Republican Party is fundamentally out of touch with the next generation of voters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering we (Republicans) have 34 out of 50 state legislators and governors (IIRC) and have majorities in the us senate, House of Representatives and the president it would appear brain dead,swamp dwelling, California snapper heads are the ones who are out of touch!
I mean what kind of fool believes climate change has occurred only within the last 80 years after gas powered cars became ubiquitous?
Or what moron would think stopping law abiding people from owning standard mags would eliminate murders?
I could continue on how Californians believe preserving human life is somehow debatable and it’s termination is desirable. But I won’t because the typical California Democrat is far too influenced by big media for any rational dialogue!

To the question on who could be a viable candidate . Our guy or gal needs to outdo the democrat with promises of popular programs to get democrats to cross over . A few suggestions which can be modified.
#1 Our candidate should praise the public employee unions as workers who are unselfish and dedicated .
To reach them 2 plans become obvious .
A. promise higher pensions and their choice of a new luxury car every 3 years. Bentley, Rolls Royce or similar as nothing is too good or expensive for these dedicated hard working union members .
B. Explain that the pension system is unsustainable and that current employees will keep everything promised! However in order for people already in the system to keep their generous pensions new hires will have plans similiar to private retirement .

Inner city and minories speaking foreign languages should be recruited by promising free housing,free healthcare and free lauguage courses in the language they were raised with ! Basically promise to change America into exactly what they had left .
Students will be easy to recruit. Just play Sanders tapes at colleges and identify with his message.

Looking at the reality of Caifornia politics. It would appear the only chance we have is for the President to deport every illegal in Caifornia. Or to flood non English airwaves and drop leaflets that any illegal voting will face prison time at hard labor.
Considering throwing garbage/littering and spray painting private property is a cultural heritage with south of the border types. We have lots to keep them busy .
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 12-30-2017 at 4:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-30-2017, 5:31 AM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 10,134
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Melissa Melendez is my choice. Solid conservative, common sense, and pro 2nd.

She won't run though.
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-30-2017, 2:41 PM
oddball oddball is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Many people are in shock over the loss of state tax deductions, and the effective tax increases that will result. They have been conditioned to blame Trump, but when they begin to understand that the federal government is simply no longer going to take the hit for high tax states like California, they begin to see that the blame really lies with California politicians.


NOTHING in the last 20 years have shown me that the voting public in this sad state will remotely think like this. Not even close.

These are the same idiots that voted for Prop 47, high speed rail, etc. etc. Obviously flawed measures. And yes, I do not expect their voting behavior to change one iota.
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-31-2017, 6:08 AM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 10,134
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Pretty much this, California is full.of less than bright people...a politicians dream.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post


NOTHING in the last 20 years have shown me that the voting public in this sad state will remotely think like this. Not even close.

These are the same idiots that voted for Prop 47, high speed rail, etc. etc. Obviously flawed measures. And yes, I do not expect their voting behavior to change one iota.
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-31-2017, 6:51 AM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 6,040
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Agreed, but unfortunately, the party can't prevent someone from running. They can hold back on party funding, but if someone (like Trump) has a big enough bankroll and support, they don't need party funding.

During the recall, there were serious concerns that McClintock would split the vote enough to hold both he and Arnold below Cruz Bustamante. Arnold was the favorite and Tom was viewed as a spoiler.
Great guy and I would have loved to have seen him in office rather than Arnold, but it was obvious from the polling numbers that he did not have the support to beat Bustamante.
Tom refused to drop out, as a few other moderately strong Republican candidates had. Ultimately, Arnold was able to beat Bustamante.


We are always going to have "nobodies" running who will campaign on "draining the swamp" when they have neither the experience, nor social or political equity to win anything higher than City Council, and like the "Never Trump" people, they will refuse to back out of an obviously losing battle using the excuse that "the swamp" is trying to keep them down.
I like McClintock. His Achillies Heel was he couldn't shut the ***k up about abortion. Right there, he lost the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Pretty much this, California is full.of less than bright people...a politicians dream.

The smart Californians have moved out of state. And more do every day. Criminal types and lazy scum welfare bums move in to fill the vacuum.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-31-2017, 3:42 PM
TruOil TruOil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 403
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st5 View Post
That being said Travis Allen seems to be the person that Republicans should support. There is an independent running on the platform of getting rid of the CPUC and pro-nuclear energy by the name of Michael Shellenberger but I don't know anything else about him.
See, that is the problem right there--there may be Republicans out there, but nobody outside of their own districts knows who the heck they are. Without statewide name recognition, a candidate has no chance of winning. Look who that person is running against: Noisome Newsome, a man who, no matter what you may say about him, is well-known outside of Sacramento and San Francisco. His name recognition is why Senator De Leon decided to run against Feinstein; he figures he has little chance of defeating Newsome, while Feinstein is getting to the age where another six year stint may be just too much for her, and she still could decide to retire.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-02-2018, 4:32 PM
ajb78's Avatar
ajb78 ajb78 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 868
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Travis Allen was supposedly on Fox tonight discussing the sanctuary state bs, missed it though.

ETA: why isn't this thread in the election forum?
__________________

Last edited by ajb78; 01-02-2018 at 4:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-02-2018, 4:51 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,520
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post


NOTHING in the last 20 years have shown me that the voting public in this sad state will remotely think like this. Not even close.

These are the same idiots that voted for Prop 47, high speed rail, etc. etc. Obviously flawed measures. And yes, I do not expect their voting behavior to change one iota.
This state is so done a burnt Ribeye steak looks better.


Don't forget Props 57, 63 approved by voters to mess the state up even more. then add AB109 for more criminals on the streets. That's the Democratic party of California for you.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-02-2018, 6:27 PM
ajb78's Avatar
ajb78 ajb78 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 868
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Found it, don't know why the imbedded video won't show though

https://youtu.be/pIgAS2vlJEE">https://youtu.be/pIgAS2vlJEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

https://youtu.be/pIgAS2vlJEE
__________________

Last edited by ajb78; 01-02-2018 at 6:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-03-2018, 8:09 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,750
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

There are several decent candidates but none of them are "viable" here.

You will never again see a Republican candidiate on the November ballot here.

California is Cuba with newer cars.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-03-2018, 8:16 AM
nedro nedro is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,410
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Many people are in shock over the loss of state tax deductions, and the effective tax increases that will result. They have been conditioned to blame Trump, but when they begin to understand that the federal government is simply no longer going to take the hit for high tax states like California, they begin to see that the blame really lies with California politicians. If GOP candidates can work together and focus hard on reducing state taxes as their primary issue, they have a real chance in the next election. A great many people who have been asleep in this state are beginning to wake up and realize that it may be time for a change in direction. The pendulum might be ready to swing once again.
What we really need is an occupancy tax on renters. That will shut the pie hole of every lib in the State.
Want better roads? You get to pay also.
Want bicycle lanes taking up road space? You get to pay also.
Want the Banana slug protected? You get to pay also.

It is that simple.
__________________
Here in California; Law abiding Citizens are simply Useful Idiots and Criminals are a Protected Species.
<nedro>
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-03-2018, 6:45 PM
lhecker51's Avatar
lhecker51 lhecker51 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Formerly From People's Republic of Dumphucistan
Posts: 656
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Tyranny of your voting majority. The I die is cast and came up Doubles for Dems.

Regarding the post about taxes and the pendulum swinging the other way, that will take several decades of pain before it happens as long as they can keep the voting majority of unearned entitlement receivers in their corner, they will panic vote their wallets out of sheer ignorance and fear.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:06 PM
mootman mootman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 46
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Passing HR 38 would be a win win for us in so many ways. Yes, this is an on-topic comment! It would change the train of thought in this state!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:15 PM
chestnut250 chestnut250 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 44
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

People, on a very serious note... WE NEED TO GET OUT THERE AND VOTE THIS ELECTION!!!

We do have a chance. Think of it this way, let's say we have a good voter turnout (I say this because it doesn't seem like many republicans actually go out and vote, they just talk a big game) and out of all the voters we are 40% republican and 60% democrat. Out of those 60% democrat voters, half vote for POS Newsom and the other half for POS Villaraigosa. If all Republicans vote for Allen we win.

30% Newsom
30% Villaraigosa
40% Allen

I know it is a far reach but it could very well happen and it SHOULD happen if we all vote. The key with this crap state is to start turning it red again one candidate at a time. Let the dems bicker and fight amongst themselves while we all stand united and change the path of this state.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-04-2018, 3:16 AM
Pranqster Pranqster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
Well... what about a Democrat that just happens to be a die-hard, no apologies, absolute 2nd Amendment stalwart to the bone?

They do exist in Southern and Mid-West states; I just can't figure out why we can't find, have, or support one in CA that is absolutely "Shall not be infringed" that won't go turn-coat.

We have had a couple in CA over the years as State senate/house by the way. They didn't pan out for other reasons, a couple got busted on district-residency/voter fraud, but you can't tell me all democrats, every democrat, is so married to their Leftist/Marxist version of what California considers Democrat, that we can't find at least one or two that are not also 2nd Amendment faithful.


.

That would be great, but we live in a world where Republicans are too Bible thumpy, and Democrats are too Gun grabby. (and normal people are stuck in the middle)
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-04-2018, 7:17 AM
Milsurp Collector's Avatar
Milsurp Collector Milsurp Collector is offline
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Free America
Posts: 5,633
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnut250 View Post
People, on a very serious note... WE NEED TO GET OUT THERE AND VOTE THIS ELECTION!!!

We do have a chance. Think of it this way, let's say we have a good voter turnout (I say this because it doesn't seem like many republicans actually go out and vote, they just talk a big game) and out of all the voters we are 40% republican and 60% democrat. Out of those 60% democrat voters, half vote for POS Newsom and the other half for POS Villaraigosa. If all Republicans vote for Allen we win.

30% Newsom
30% Villaraigosa
40% Allen

I know it is a far reach but it could very well happen and it SHOULD happen if we all vote. The key with this crap state is to start turning it red again one candidate at a time. Let the dems bicker and fight amongst themselves while we all stand united and change the path of this state.
There’s a problem with your idea: only 26% of California registered voters are Republicans.



In order to get even 40% of the vote not only would every California Republican voter have to turn out and vote for the same candidate, but that candidate would also have to get half of the independent voters. Do California Republican candidates appeal to California independent voters?

Then, even if the Republican candidate were able to get on the general election ballot, in order to actually win the general election with a California electorate that is 45% Democrats, not only would every California Republican voter have to turn out, but that Republican candidate would have to get ALL of the independent voters. The Democrat needs to get only a quarter of the independent voters along with their 45% of voters who are Democrats in order to win the general election.

That’s why Democrats hold EVERY statewide office in California, and have for years, with no sign of it changing in the future. The only Republican who was able to win a statewide office in California in this century was a moderate-to-liberal international movie superstar with lots of money, Hollywood connections, and tremendous personal popularity and name recognition. How did that turn out for California gun owners?

That’s why constantly attacking liberal California gun owners for voting for Democrats - which happens countless times on this forum - is both pointless and counterproductive. Liberal California gun owners are not some huge voting block. In terms of voters they are insignificant. Even if every liberal California gun owner voted Republican it would make ZERO difference. The Republican would still lose.
__________________
Revolvers are not pistols

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
I'm happy to help people who have specific questions, but I ignore threads that begin with the command "school me".

Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-04-2018, 8:48 AM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 6,040
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Republicans need to shut the **** up about abortion and the Bible. Then they just might have a chance in California. That’s the reality.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-04-2018, 10:02 AM
ajb78's Avatar
ajb78 ajb78 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 868
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Would it help if there was a bunch democracts in the June election, enough to split up the D's votes? And then for everyone to get behind one Republican. Long shot, wishful thinking?
__________________

Last edited by ajb78; 01-04-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Milsurp Collector's Avatar
Milsurp Collector Milsurp Collector is offline
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Free America
Posts: 5,633
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
Would it help if there was a bunch democracts in the June election, enough to split up the D's votes? And then for everyone to get behind one Republican. Long shot, wishful thinking?
Even if the Republicans were to get their act together and have only one Republican candidate for each office so all Republicans could unite behind those candidates and make each of them a “top two” vote getter in the offices they are running for, they have no chance of winning in November unless they can get almost all of the independent votes. There aren’t enough Republicans in California to win statewide offices without almost total independent support. The Democrats start out with a 45% to 26% advantage in statewide elections. They need just another 6% from independent voters to win.
__________________
Revolvers are not pistols

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
I'm happy to help people who have specific questions, but I ignore threads that begin with the command "school me".

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-04-2018, 12:22 PM
oddball oddball is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnut250 View Post
If all Republicans vote for Allen we win.

30% Newsom
30% Villaraigosa
40% Allen
No we don't.

There would be a runoff between Newsom and Villaraigosa and the winner of that would face Allen. Then the Democrat would wipe the floor of Allen.

As far as "abortion and the Bible", you can trot out a Republican who never mentions these and they would still lose.

The fix is in folks, game is rigged and the refs are in on it too.
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-04-2018, 6:26 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 31,867
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
No we don't.

There would be a runoff between Newsom and Villaraigosa and the winner of that would face Allen. Then the Democrat would wipe the floor of Allen.

As far as "abortion and the Bible", you can trot out a Republican who never mentions these and they would still lose.

The fix is in folks, game is rigged and the refs are in on it too.
Or if it were 40% Allen, 40% Newsom, and 20% Villar, it would still be Allen against Newsom in November.

So while there is a THIN chance that we can get a candidate on the general election ballot if the dems run 3+ strong candidates (they won't), we still have no chance with a 60/40 balance in the general.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-05-2018, 1:18 PM
mikeyr's Avatar
mikeyr mikeyr is offline
Levers, the original AW
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SB
Posts: 867
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

What do people think of John Cox ? he at one point in the polls was doing well, seems to have gone down lately.

The election is a long ways off, but I am already dreading Gov. Newsom and making plans, unfortunately, 2 years 4 months until retirement. I should be able to survive that, I have no black rifles, just levers and bolt actions and I assume it will take more than 2 years to get to those.
__________________
As First Lady, Hillary had one job to do, and one job to do only. And she outsourced it to Monica Lewinsky.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-05-2018, 1:53 PM
ccmc ccmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,775
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
Well... what about a Democrat that just happens to be a die-hard, no apologies, absolute 2nd Amendment stalwart to the bone?

They do exist in Southern and Mid-West states;
They may have existed in the past, but I can't think of one today. There are a few that parrot the mantra "I support the Second Amendment but.....". The democrat party platform is explicitly anti Second Amendment, and when push comes to shove every single democrat falls in line.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-05-2018, 1:54 PM
ajb78's Avatar
ajb78 ajb78 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 868
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
What do people think of John Cox ? he at one point in the polls was doing well, seems to have gone down lately.
[snip]
Chicago native

Also sounds like he just wants to hold an office.

https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/04/24...next-governor/

Quote:
Cox is no stranger to politics. In fact, before moving to California he ran unsuccessfully for three different offices in Illinois (U.S. Senate, Congress and Cook County Recorder of Deeds).

He also briefly ran for president (yes, of the United States) in 2007, when the Weekly Standard called him “the sane fringe candidate.”
__________________

Last edited by ajb78; 01-05-2018 at 2:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-05-2018, 2:24 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,719
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
Chicago native

Also sounds like he just wants to hold an office.

https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/04/24...next-governor/
Old, white, and Republican. Good luck with that.
__________________
Don't panic. MOST people who registered AWs are still waiting. They didn't lose your app or forget about you, they are just REALLY SLOW. If there's a problem with your app, they'll tell you. Otherwise, all you can do is wait.

2018 CA Legislation Quick-Reference & Statuses

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-05-2018, 5:07 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,960
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranqster View Post
That would be great, but we live in a world where Republicans are too Bible thumpy, and Democrats are too Gun grabby. (and normal people are stuck in the middle)
Considering RKBA is a biblical principal and nearly every voting Christian votes progun. I would suggest you examine the info obtained from swamp sources and become more tolerant of people who are correct on every issue!

It was the Christian vote that helped beat the hilldog!
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 01-06-2018 at 1:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-06-2018, 8:56 AM
rsarffs rsarffs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 65
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Let's take CA back.... Travis Allen, governor 2018. NO to Gavin newsome, Antonio Villaregosa, John Chiang.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-06-2018, 9:01 AM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 10,134
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Allen just whipped Cox in a debate...

"An informal straw poll conducted before and after Thursday’s GOP gubernatorial debate showed that both Assemblyman Travis Allen and businessman John Cox improved their standing during the event. But Allen was the overwhelming favorite and gained more support through the two-hour-plus face-off.

The debate took place in front of more than 200 members of the Redlands Tea Party Patriots at a barbecue restaurant in Mentone. Prior to the debate, Allen had the support of 64.6% of attendees who voted, compared with 11.4% for Cox, said John Berry, a cabinet member with the group. Notably, nearly a quarter of the voters were undecided.

After the debate, the undecided voters dropped to 1.7%, while Allen’s support ticked up to 80.6% and Cox’s to 17.1%."
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-06-2018, 9:04 AM
ajb78's Avatar
ajb78 ajb78 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 868
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Allen just whipped Cox in a debate...

"An informal straw poll conducted before and after Thursday’s GOP gubernatorial debate showed that both Assemblyman Travis Allen and businessman John Cox improved their standing during the event. But Allen was the overwhelming favorite and gained more support through the two-hour-plus face-off.

The debate took place in front of more than 200 members of the Redlands Tea Party Patriots at a barbecue restaurant in Mentone. Prior to the debate, Allen had the support of 64.6% of attendees who voted, compared with 11.4% for Cox, said John Berry, a cabinet member with the group. Notably, nearly a quarter of the voters were undecided.

After the debate, the undecided voters dropped to 1.7%, while Allen’s support ticked up to 80.6% and Cox’s to 17.1%."
Haven't watched yet, but it's available in this article.

http://www.pe.com/2018/01/05/missed-...watch-it-here/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-06-2018, 10:55 AM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 10,134
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
Haven't watched yet, but it's available in this article.

http://www.pe.com/2018/01/05/missed-...watch-it-here/
I forgot the link...thanks for posting it.
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-06-2018, 2:57 PM
Sikvenum93's Avatar
Sikvenum93 Sikvenum93 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,369
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Allen says he proudly supports the current president. That alone makes him unelectable in this state. During the 2016 election, Hillary won deeply republican Orange County. That alone should tell people that CA is not going to vote in someone like Allen.

If he was smart, he would not reference the gop outside CA at all. Instead focus on lowering taxes, and bringing down housing prices so living in CA can be more affordable. If he tackles the failing of the current Governor, he will have a chance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-06-2018, 5:35 PM
W.R.Buchanan's Avatar
W.R.Buchanan W.R.Buchanan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ojai CA
Posts: 632
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The key to flipping this state is to flip the Mexicans. Mexicans are not Liberals.

They are conservative, but have been ignored by The RNC and candidates.

If they were approached and given something that they wanted they would vote for Republicans. They voted overwhelmingly against Prop 8 the Gay Marriage thing. Then *******s got it overturned in court, despite being shot down by over 65 % of the vote..

One thing you can spread about Gavin Newscumb is that he is an Adulterous Man Whore. All it takes to convict him is someone to come forward and do a Harvey Weinstein on him. Plenty will follow, as there is plenty of victims out there. The guy can't keep his dick in his pants and that's why he's not married to Kimberly Guilfoyle any more.

We can win, we just need people to stop saying it can't happen.

Randy.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-06-2018, 5:53 PM
Sikvenum93's Avatar
Sikvenum93 Sikvenum93 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,369
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
The key to flipping this state is to flip the Mexicans. Mexicans are not Liberals.



They are conservative, but have been ignored by The RNC and candidates.



If they were approached and given something that they wanted they would vote for Republicans. They voted overwhelmingly against Prop 8 the Gay Marriage thing. Then *******s got it overturned in court, despite being shot down by over 65 % of the vote..



One thing you can spread about Gavin Newscumb is that he is an Adulterous Man Whore. All it takes to convict him is someone to come forward and do a Harvey Weinstein on him. Plenty will follow, as there is plenty of victims out there. The guy can't keep his dick in his pants and that's why he's not married to Kimberly Guilfoyle any more.



We can win, we just need people to stop saying it can't happen.



Randy.


It’s way too late for that. The GOP has been demonising Hispanic migrants for the last 20+ years. They aren’t going to vote gop just because you appeal to the social mores of the older generation.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.