Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 12-21-2017, 8:59 AM
Can't find my CCW badge
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Travis Allen for Governor

This guy is the man, he needs our support. He supports 2a freedom, is against sanctuary state and city laws, is against the high speed rail and frivolous state spending, and is leading the effort to repeal the new gas tax. In my opinion, he is our best option for Governor.

He is also the author of AB-1394 (2017), which would make CCWs shall-issue and remove all state and local restrictions on where we can carry.

Travis Allen - Take Back California
Old 12-21-2017, 9:02 AM
Can't find my CCW badge

Old 12-21-2017, 9:08 AM
Can't find my CCW badge

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...130-story.html
Quote:
In the 2018 race for governor, Newsom was backed by 23% of likely voters, with Villaraigosa trailing close behind with 18% support, according to the survey. Both Newsom and Villaraigosa are Democrats.

The rest of the major candidates hovered in the single digits.

Among the other Democrats, state Treasurer John Chiang was favored by 9% of likely voters, and former state schools chief Delaine Eastin by 3%. Among the Republicans, Rancho Santa Fe attorney John Cox was backed by 9% of likely voters, and Huntington Beach Assemblyman Travis Allen came in at 6%. More than half of those polled said they had never heard of Cox, Allen or Eastin, and a third were unfamiliar with Chiang.
Let's change that! Spread the word!
Old 01-11-2018, 8:42 PM

I will vote for anyone but Garvin Newsom, period.
Don Corleone once said : Keep your friends closed but keep your enemies closer.
Newbie1234 once said : You may forget your friend's name but you never forget your enemy's name.

Last edited by newbie1234; 01-11-2018 at 8:50 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 8:59 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie1234 View Post
I will vote for anyone but Garvin Newsom, period.
Don Corleone once said : Keep your friends closed but keep your enemies closer.
Newbie1234 once said : You may forget your friend's name but you never forget your enemy's name.
Allen actually stands a good chance of getting on the election ballot if the GOP can rally around him. He's currently in 3rd place, and only the top 2 candidates (regardless of party) make it onto the ballot.

According to the latest poll I found, the standings are:

Newsome: 19%
Villaraigosa: 10%
Allen: 9%

If he can swing some of the other GOP candidates' votes in the primary, then he may just beat Villaraigosa to run against Newsome - and once Newsome's checkered past comes to light, Travis Allen *might* even win. I know it's a long shot, but we have to TRY!
Old 01-13-2018, 5:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Allen is calling for Cox to drop out now. I can't imagine a comment like that is going to help Cox at all, even if taken out of context, I can't find anything more to verify further though.

Copied from my email
Quote:
Republican Frontrunner Travis Allen
Calls on John Cox to Drop Out of Governor's Race
After Racist Remarks

Today marked the first major debate in the race for California's next Governor. While discussing the topic of immigration, three time failed Republican candidate John Cox stated immigrants are needed to "pick the fruits and vegetables."

"California Republicans don't need a condescending, racist sounding candidate that will only hurt EVERY down ticket Republican candidate on the ballot in 2018. John Cox is an embarrassment to every Californian and must drop out of the Governor's race so Republicans can unite behind the only candidate who can win and truly take back our state," said Assemblyman Travis Allen.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...194584854.html

Quote:
“We need to build that wall. And I tell you what, it shouldn’t even be controversial. We need to have security,” Cox said, drawing loud boos from the audience gathered for a gubernatorial “town hall” forum at USC’s Bovard Auditorium in Los Angeles.

Cox added the state also needs to welcome people who can contribute to the American dream, those “who can pick the fruits and vegetables that have made California No. 1 in agriculture,” he said to sustained heckling from the crowd.

He sought to tamp down the ire over his remarks. “You’ve got to let me finish, people,” he said, suggesting that immigrants “also start the businesses of the future that employ all of our people.”
Old 01-13-2018, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

An email message from Travis Allen:

"A new Survey USA poll was just released that shows me as the top Republican in the race for Governor, and only one point behind my Democrat opponent Antonio Villaraigosa.

This means I am only one point away from making it into the top two to take on liberal Gavin Newsom in November.

We are now less than 6 months away from the June Primary Election and I need your help pulling ahead with the limited time we have left.

Will you respond now by donating $10 or more to help propel me into the top two and give Republicans a chance to win?

PROPEL TRAVIS FORWARD!
DONATE NOW

We CANNOT miss this opportunity to pull ahead into the top two.

The 2016 U.S. Senate race here in California was the first time a Republican was shut out of the November statewide election, and we were stuck with a choice between two liberal Democrats.

That folly gave us Senator Kamala Harris, and we simply cannot afford to let something like that happen again -- otherwise we could be stuck with someone EVEN WORSE than Jerry Brown.

We have less than 6 months, and the only way I can do this is with your support, Arthur . . . can I count on you now?

Please chip in right now with $10, $25, $50 or even more to help propel me into the top two!"

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Travis Allen

PROPEL TRAVIS FORWARD!
DONATE NOW
"You Trumpsters are such sheep" MRH
"Only a weakling shows unfettered support for a country. I have to laugh at you sheeple" Killbill
"Nope. Sorry old fart, flag waving, America hating, shortsighted gun nut. You couldn't be more wrong. Try using some critical thinking skills" RazoE
"Your white privilege guilt is showing" Doh
NRA Patriot Life Member, Patron Level, Sustaining member of CRPA, GOA, GOC, VFW, SAF, FPC, Knife Rights, NAGR Frontline Defender
Old 02-05-2018, 6:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Anyone going?

https://mailchi.mp/2ff19877c417/rall...9?e=18c2c33735

Quote:
TAKE BACK CA TRAVIS ALLEN RALLY NEXT SUNDAY 2/11!
It's time to SHOW THE STATE that WE HAVE HAD IT! We need to centralize at our state capitol and DEMAND TO TAKE IT BACK! Come bring your signs you made expressing your issues that matter to you! Hear the speakers and meet the Travis Team. Learn how to get involved in YOUR COMMUNITY! Meet the thousands of GRASS ROOTS who will be there ready -- inviting you into your local organization to ELECT TRAVIS ALLEN!

CLICK TO GET YOUR FREE RALLY TICKETS HERE

This is our time! People are leaving the state in droves. We need to show them CA CAN BE SAVED! Please watch this video so you can be FIRED UP and ready to TAKE BACK OUR STATE!! The nation did it: now so can we!

Many cities are facing new rounds of bankruptcy , we have the highest taxes, highest poverty rate and highest cost of living, worse infrastructure and management, lowest educational achievement, and is a Sanctuary State spending tax dollars fighting over 24 lawsuits filed against our federal government and we more than DOUBLE any other state on illegal immigrant spending ($25B- 28% of our General Budget!). Each CA taxpayer would need to pay $21,600 to balance the current CA budget. If this, and the many more problems caused by the Democrat Super Majority do not motivate you to fight back.. we are in deep trouble! Our nation depends on our PUSHING BACK and stopping the spread of out-of-control liberal spending!
Old 02-06-2018, 2:33 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
I will try to make it, thanks for the heads up. This is the first northern CA event I've seen him do. (For those who didn't click the link, it's at the State capital building, front steps, Sunday Feb 11th, 1pm-3pm)
Old 02-06-2018, 3:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah, two hour drive I can handle, all the way down south is a bit much.

Edit: I wonder if the RSVP ticket is required, or just a way to count heads?

Last edited by ajb78; 02-06-2018 at 4:01 PM..
Old 02-06-2018, 7:29 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Yeah, two hour drive I can handle, all the way down south is a bit much.

Edit: I wonder if the RSVP ticket is required, or just a way to count heads?
I can't imagine they'd be allowed to (nor want to) turn people away from the Capital steps for not signing up. I'd imagine it's to collect emails for their campaign mailing list
Old 02-06-2018, 7:42 PM
CGSSA Associate

Cox sounds like a good one....
Old 02-06-2018, 7:47 PM

Old bro from SoCal......he looks fake as ****, and he's a sell out. Nope I'll pass.

I like Melissa....she's got balls and called his *** out.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/...t-allegations/

And she's an ex spook, spook instructor and not bad to look at either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Melendez

Last edited by RedBluff; 02-06-2018 at 7:54 PM..
Old 02-06-2018, 7:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Agree about Cox, from Chi-Raq, multiple failed runs for political office including a run for president, i think he just wants to hold an office, and he didn't vote for Trump...so who did he vote for? Cox and Allen are the only two who may have a chance. I don't see Melissa listed as a candidate anywhere am I missing it?
Old 02-07-2018, 5:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Agree about Cox, from Chi-Raq, multiple failed runs for political office including a run for president, i think he just wants to hold an office, and he didn't vote for Trump...so who did he vote for? Cox and Allen are the only two who may have a chance. I don't see Melissa listed as a candidate anywhere am I missing it?
She's not running....though lots of people, including me, think she'd make a great governor and could beat Newsom.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 02-08-2018, 7:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

3,000 RSVP so far, per an email i just received.

https://mailchi.mp/82b162eec198/rall...5?e=18c2c33735

Quote:

OVER 3000 HAVE RESERVED TO ATTEND
TRAVIS ALLEN RALLY THIS SUNDAY 2/11!
BE PART OF HISTORY! TELL BROWN "WE HAVE HAD IT!" We need to centralize at our state capitol and DEMAND TO TAKE IT BACK! Come bring your signs you made expressing your issues that matter to you! Come meet Travis Allen and GET ENERGIZED! Volunteer Teams will be set up for every county! Learn how to get involved in YOUR COMMUNITY! Meet the thousands of GRASS ROOTS who will be there ready -- joining with you to ELECT TRAVIS ALLEN!

CLICK TO GET YOUR FREE RALLY TICKETS HERE

This is our time! People are leaving the state in droves. We need to show them CALIFORNIA CAN BE SAVED! Please watch this video so you can be FIRED UP and ready to TAKE BACK OUR STATE!! The nation did it: now so can we!

CLICK FOR FREE TICKETS TO SACRAMENTO RALLY FEB 11 (1 pm)
BRING YOUR SIGNS! WHAT ISSUES MATTER TO YOU! THIS IS A MEDIA EVENT! BE HEARD! SIGN UP SO WE CAN ORGANIZE AND CONTACT YOU!(HAVE FLASH RALLIES ON YOUR STREET CORNERS AS WELL!)
Old 02-08-2018, 7:34 AM

Doesn’t have a chance, plus women already coming out the woodwork accusing him of sexual harassment.
Old 02-08-2018, 7:44 AM
Calguns Addict

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NzlxNAzZXdZyiO
Old 02-08-2018, 8:45 PM

Glad to see some Travis Allen support on here. A buddy of mine is volunteering for his campaign and we're planning on heading to Sacramento for the rally this Sunday. We're in our late 20s and I can tell you the younger conservatives really like Allen. Cox isn't doing it for us and doesn't seem to have a strong presence or message. Really hoping California Republicans can band together on this one and get Allen elected. Newsom is a snake and a hypocrite and Villaraigosa is even worse - he spoke at my college when I was in undergrad and was so full of himself, total sleezeball, gloated about living in the Mayor's mansion and spending taxpayer dollars on hosting parties and dinners...the guy's an unintelligent, power mongering scam artist. I say all this to say that the Dem candidates are exceptionally weak and hoping the vote gets split and Allen pulls off a huge win.
Old 03-03-2018, 5:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

USaw an email that said Travis was supposed to be on Fox last night, anyone catch it?

Edit: found it, nothing exciting.

https://youtu.be/BxE1J-LGicc

Last edited by ajb78; 03-03-2018 at 5:43 AM..
Old 03-03-2018, 6:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Cox is spending lots of money on ads.

We need only one of these guys running!

Does anyone have polling data?
Old 03-03-2018, 7:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The only ads I've seen from Cox are the pigs and bacon one, (granted I don't watch a lot of TV), these seem like poorly made ads I remember from the 80's that someone running for city council would've aired. To me, they seem a little too dumbed down to be taken seriously.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Cox is spending lots of money on ads.

We need only one of these guys running!

Does anyone have polling data?
Quite possibly biased, but there are polling results in an email I received from Travis Allen's volunteer team today..

https://mailchi.mp/4c2337b32a7f/in-2...9?e=b85b62111b

Quote:
Travis Allen John Cox

USC Dornsife/ LA Times 15.00% 11.0%

SurveyUSA 9.00% 4.0%

IGS Berkeley 9.00% 9.0%

PPIC 8.00% 7.0%

Poll Average 10.25% 7.8%
ETA: of course I can't get the formatting correct, you get the idea though.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Cox needs to drop out. Allen actually stands a chance to be on the ballot, if newsom and villaraigosa keep each other at Bay. Cox stands zero chance of being on the ballot, and all he's doing is bringing Allen's poll numbers down. Frankly it's selfish for him to stay in the race, he's going to cause it to be a two-democrat ballot choice again this year if he keeps this up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2018, 4:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Received this information yesterday, no link to view emial in browser though.

Quote:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

FROM TRAVIS ALLEN:

Dear Friend,

I'm thrilled to announce that our campaign received the endorsement of the California Republican Assembly at their statewide convention in Buena Park over the weekend!

Called "the Conscience of the Republican Party" by President Ronald Reagan, the California Republican Assembly is the oldest and largest chartered Republican grassroots organization in the state.

As the ONLY conservative and the leading Republican in the race for Governor, I am humbled to have the CRA's support to help spread our conservative message across California. And with just 3 months to go until the Primary Election I need your support as well.

Will you stand with the California Republican Assembly and add your name to our huge list of supporters by joining our campaign to TAKE BACK CALIFORNIA today?

Thank you,

Travis

Travis Allen
California Assemblyman
Candidate for California Governor 2018
Other source:

http://cragop.org/cra-endorsing-conv...ults-for-2018/

Quote:
CRA Endorsing Convention Results for 2018
March 4, 2018 – The California Republican Assembly met at the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel in Buena Park for the Gubernatorial Endorsing Convention. Called “the Conscience of the Republican Party” by President Ronald Reagan, the California Repullican Assembly is the oldest and largest grassroots organization chartered by the California Republican Party.

The Convention’s delegates heard from candidates and nationally-renowned conservative activists for three days. Candidates were required to obtain the approval of two-thirds of the delegates present to win the coveted CRA endorsedment.

The following candidates were endorsed:

Governor: Travis Allen https://jointravisallen.com/

Lt Governor: David Hernandez http://www.davidhernandezforltgovernor.com
Attorney General: Judge Steven Bailey https://www.baileyforag.com/

Secretary of State: Mark Meuser
State Treasurer: Mayor Jack Guerrerro

https://www.jack4treasurer.com/

Board of Equalization Dist. 1: Senator Ted Gaines http://www.tedgaines.com/
Board of Equalization Dist. 3: G. Rick Marshall http://www.grickmarshall.com/

Board of Equalization Dist. 4: Senator Joel Anderson

US Senate Tom Palze http://tompalzer2018.wixsite.com/tompalzer
Old 03-06-2018, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Another email, no web link though.

Quote:
Dear friends,

Today at 8:30 PM, I will be live on FOX News @ Night with Shannon Bream to discuss Attorney General Jeff Session's lawsuit against California over the illegal sanctuary state law.

Tune in to Fox News to hear what I have to say tonight!

Sincerely,

Travis

Travis Allen
California Assemblyman
Candidate for California Governor 2018
Old 03-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

He just introduced a CA Constitutional Amendment bill that would reduce our legislature to part-time and cut their pay to $1500/month.

Quote:
This measure would create a part-time Legislature by limiting the Legislature to meet each year from January 1 to January 31 and from May 1 to June 30. The measure would require that odd-numbered years of a two-year session be limited to budget-related measures and even-numbered years to be limited to other legislation. The measure would prohibit the salary of a Member of the Legislature from exceeding $1,500 per month. The measure would delete provisions of the Constitution made obsolete by the measure, and make other conforming changes.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...201720180ACA30
Old 03-08-2018, 6:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
He just introduced a CA Constitutional Amendment bill that would reduce our legislature to part-time and cut their pay to $1500/month.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...201720180ACA30
This would be wonderful. No idle time to create solutions for problems that don't exist, and no finacial incentive either.
Old 03-08-2018, 8:20 PM
CGSSA Associate

This is on my wish list but......it has a slim chance.....but I have hope
Old 03-08-2018, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
This is on my wish list but......it has a slim chance.....but I have hope
Don't forget the "comments to author" in the above link (all bills for that matter), need to encourage them when they are doing the right thing and let them know it's appreciated.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Don't forget the "comments to author" in the above link (all bills for that matter), need to encourage them when they are doing the right thing and let them know it's appreciated.
That's absolutely right.

As we saw yesterday with 2 pro-CCW bills that were withdrawn by their author, they don't bother pushing bills that they aren't getting public support for. The more people expressing their thanks to the authors, the harder they will push to see their bills through. Everyone should be writing to every bill's authors, both the negative and the positive!

Old 03-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Calguns Addict

wake up...your dreaming.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saym14 View Post
wake up...your dreaming.
Maybe, but my reason for writing about this bill in this thread, is to illustrate that Travis Allen is really on our side. He wants all the same things that we want. He also authored a bill this year that would completely repeal the handgun roster scheme. He's currently our best chance for change this state. If everyone rallies around him, and villaraigosa and newsome divide the Democrat votes in the primary, he actually stands a chance of making it onto the ballot. And if Newsom then does something stupid to tarnish his name (again), Travis could win. A long stretch? Maybe, but isn't it worth trying?

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 03-08-2018 at 10:56 PM..
Old 03-09-2018, 4:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Maybe, but my reason for writing about this bill in this thread, is to illustrate that Travis Allen is really on our side. He wants all the same things that we want. He also authored a bill this year that would completely repeal the handgun roster scheme. He's currently our best chance for change this state. If everyone rallies around him, and villaraigosa and newsome divide the Democrat votes in the primary, he actually stands a chance of making it onto the ballot. And if Newsom then does something stupid to tarnish his name (again), Travis could win. A long stretch? Maybe, but isn't it worth trying?

[sarcasm]No you're wrong, it's not worth trying, we should all vote for the Villagrossa guy [/sarcasm]

"Just give up there's no hope" or "what about the guy from Chi-Raq" who's only ambition appears to be holding 'a' office? Then people wonder why this state is a mess.
Old 03-09-2018, 5:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oh, another rally

https://mailchi.mp/2ab34f9c288f/huge...m?e=18c2c33735

Quote:

RSVP FREE TO ATTEND HUGE RALLY IN FRESNO-TULARE!
Central Valley is ready to show CALIFORNIA THAT WE ARE TIRED OF THE CORRUPT POLITICS! Come get your Travis Allen swag T-Shirts! Photos with Travis! Buttons! and more!

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS FREE EVENT!

MARCH 18th SUNDAY
1 PM
4500 Laspina St. Tulare
International Agri-Center

RSVP HERE

TRAVIS ON FOX NEWS: He was the ONLY CANDIDATE who called for the President and Session to SUE CALIFORNIA. They listened to him. Only Travis has the proven leadership over and over!

Last edited by ajb78; 03-11-2018 at 7:20 PM..
Old 03-11-2018, 7:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Now with 4' x 8' signs for pick-up, wonder how well that would go over, hanging one on my fence?

https://mailchi.mp/42867095a5e3/huge...3?e=2fabe34fdd

Quote:

UPDATE: SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER AT THE RALLY!
PICK UP 4X8 SIGNS THERE (ORDER IN ADVANCE HERE: CLICK) (need large truck or van. Minimum Suggested Donation $50)

MERCHANDISE: Shirts, Signs, Rally Cards, Buttons, more!

SENATORIAL CANDIDATES PAUL TAYLOR, ERIN CRUZ, AND TOM PALZER WILL BE SPEAKING!

RSVP HERE! FREE TO ATTEND
(CLICK TO RSVP)
Central Valley is ready to show CALIFORNIA THAT WE ARE TIRED OF THE CORRUPT POLITICS! Come get your Travis Allen swag T-Shirts! Photos with Travis! Buttons! and more!

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS FREE EVENT!

MARCH 18th SUNDAY
1 PM
4500 Laspina St. Tulare
International Agri-Center

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! SIGNUP HERE

TRAVIS ON FOX NEWS: He was the ONLY CANDIDATE who called for the President and Session to SUE CALIFORNIA. They listened to him. Only Travis has the proven leadership over and over!
Old 03-11-2018, 7:33 PM

yes definitely... been following him for a while.
Old 03-12-2018, 3:49 PM
Calguns Addict

While discussing the topic of immigration, three time failed Republican candidate John Cox stated immigrants are needed to "pick the fruits and vegetables."

That line about "we need cheap unskilled labor" is something we should be using to attack the Democrats, non-stop. It shouldn't come out of a Republican mouth.
Old 03-12-2018, 7:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
While discussing the topic of immigration, three time failed Republican candidate John Cox stated immigrants are needed to "pick the fruits and vegetables."

That line about "we need cheap unskilled labor" is something we should be using to attack the Democrats, non-stop. It shouldn't come out of a Republican mouth.
I have some cheap, unskilled labor, available for hire, they're my teenage sons; we don't need to import more.
Old 03-12-2018, 9:41 PM

Donated and I plan to vote Allen. He's well spoken and would do very well in a debate against Newsom.

Unlikely a Republican will win in CA but that's no reason to give up. Once the next recession hits and tech implodes we may have an opportunity. Keep fighting and vote!