Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 06-28-2013, 2:04 AM

Default Trijicon rmr help

So I am looking at buying a Trijicon rmr for my m&p15t but i wanted to get some feed back from you all about which one you think is best. I am looking at the dual illuminated and the led. What are your thoughts on the 2?
Old 06-28-2013, 5:44 AM
Veteran Member

I have an 8MOA amber dot dual illum version on top of my TA31. I like it, but I'm not so sure I'd use it as my primary optic.....at least not my specific version. If anything, I'd say go with a triangular model so you can zero the tip of it for better precision. 8 MOA, 12, MOA....they all just have really big reticles that cover up too much of the target to get anything really accurate. I know some people say that our eyes are good at deducing and estimating where the center is when the dot is covering up so much of the target.....but my response to that is this: Should you have to? Why force that kind of a solution?

Oh an if given the choice, I would go with a dual illum setup over the LED. Less $$$, and very very few situations where the reticle washed out to the point of uselessness. I'd rather have no batteries

I think the RMR's are great for pistols and CQB backup sights, but I'm not 100% sold on the idea for their use as a primary optic.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-28-2013, 8:36 AM
Veteran Member

I have the RM01. I prefer LED because the reticles on the dual illuminated versions are practically invisible to me when I'm in the shade and I'm aiming at something under the sun. My RM01 lasts about 1.5-2 years before needing to replace the battery.