Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 4:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Yeah, I don't get what the author or any realistic logical person expects. It's an unregulated range open to the general public and with no on-site "waste management" resources (ex. dumpster) and no "authority" representation of any kind, short of the occasional ranger.

The people who create the bulk of the mess...
- are not Calguns members
- are not NRA members
- are not CRPA members
- are not members of any other gun rights organization
- likely don't follow or give a damn about gun laws
- most of them don't even abide by existing laws
- are regulated range rejects (ex. banned/asked to leave for not following the rules and/or state laws)
... the list continues.

The only mess I left when I was up there last consisted of shell casings because there are literally thousands of them on the ground in every direction, and paper targets because other people were already shooting at them down range.
Old 11-17-2012, 4:39 PM
Banned

He is just some anti-gunner making some noise, never go to Santa Barbara but i am sure there are worse areas. But the area is pretty embarrassing and we need to do better in the gun community. That being said there is always a few jagoffs that will always screw things up, perhaps the same people that throw cigs out their window when driving thought the cyn.

Maybe we need to rent a few home depot trucks and fill them up with the trash, great photo op, and have a bbq, calguns meet at sunset do some promoting.
Old 11-30-2012, 9:52 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Foebia:

If you check the other Glass Factory thread at the top of this forum, you'll see that we are brainstorming ways we can make a BIG cleanup happen, probably at the end of January. I am beginning a list of volunteers in that thread, please post up there and I will add your name to the list.

One of the challenges is no matter which weekend we choose to do it, it will always be bad for about 30-40% of the volunteers. So if we want 40-50 Calgunners to show up, we really need commitments from about 80 of them. There is a trash company up there, Marborg, who will probably bring us some dumpsters, that's why it will be important to get some press for them, for Calguns and I am throwing out the idea to get some local Boy Scout troops involved, I have some Scouting connections.

Would love to have you join us, we really need to get just about every Ventura and Santa Barbara Calgunner we can to join in.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 PM

I was thinking of everyone here as I put out old campfires, picked up plastic bottles, aluminum and even tiny bits of packaging on a trip to the Sespe. No, I didn't get paid because I do it for my own sense or what is right and good.

I saw bullet holes and shotgun pellets and damage done to signs we all paid for in taxes. But, this was a hiking trail and I couldn't help but think how shooters are much worse.

A range cleanup at the Glass Factory is a fine idea. Let's...

You generally run out of time before you run out of ammo.

NRA Member [/FONT***] 
[

Former NRA Member
CGF Member
Old 12-01-2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Foebia:

If you check the other Glass Factory thread at the top of this forum, you'll see that we are brainstorming ways we can make a BIG cleanup happen, probably at the end of January. I am beginning a list of volunteers in that thread, please post up there and I will add your name to the list.

One of the challenges is no matter which weekend we choose to do it, it will always be bad for about 30-40% of the volunteers. So if we want 40-50 Calgunners to show up, we really need commitments from about 80 of them. There is a trash company up there, Marborg, who will probably bring us some dumpsters, that's why it will be important to get some press for them, for Calguns and I am throwing out the idea to get some local Boy Scout troops involved, I have some Scouting connections.

Would love to have you join us, we really need to get just about every Ventura and Santa Barbara Calgunner we can to join in.
Really? In that case... I'm pretty much available anytime. I'll need a ride of some sort because I'm in Ventura.

Sent from the Realms Of The Haunting

Old 12-02-2012, 6:04 AM
Barely here....
CGN Contributor

Exclamation NEW THREAD FOR THE JANUARY 2013 CLEANUP

Hello everyone,

There's lots of interest and great ideas being generated for the next Glass Factory cleanup so we've created a new thread specifically for it. Please stop posting on this thread and use THIS LINK to the new thread to continue the conversation and to check for updates.

RM
Closed Thread