Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 7:53 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
I did not need any letters to renew.
Good to know. Evidently there is a lot of unsubstantiated information being thrown about on this thread along with a fair amount of general "doom and gloom" about the process of obtaining/renewing LTC. Nice to hear some positive info for a change! I realize we are not there yet as far as good cause but any encouraging info is a plus to my mind. Congrats on your drama-free renewal.
Old 11-24-2012, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisHawker View Post
My GC was (not verbatim but the gist...) I live in a remote corner of the County and am often in even more remote areas practicing my sport that I have engaged in for the last 35+ years (look at my avatar and you will figure out my sport) on lands I have permission to be on, and at times have been accosted on those lands by people who do NOT have permission to be there-and would like the means to be my own 1st responder since I am far from timely response from LEA.
If you're on private land with permission, why the need for a license?

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 11-26-2012, 7:59 PM

Default Good Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
If you're on private land with permission, why the need for a license?
Short answer: Permission to be there notwithstanding: It's not MY land.

Long answer: Quote from Cal CCW info website: "A person’s place of business, residence, temporary residence, campsite, or private property
may be located in areas where possession of handguns or other firearms, whether loaded or
unloaded, is otherwise prohibited. Such areas include, but are not limited to, state, federal, or private
game reserves or refuges, federal and state parks, and other public lands. Questions regarding the
applicability of such laws should be directed to your sheriff or chief of police, federal or state fish and game officers, or federal or state park rangers."
PC 26200.

So-kind of a gray area-it's always OK of course to carry in/on your OWN home and property-but it's not quite as clear-cut as to the legality of CCW on OTHER peoples land-even if you have permission to be there for other reasons.

With a CCW - unless it's POSTED unlawful to carry-moot point.
Old 12-01-2012, 7:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
I just renewed a couple months ago
Good deal Hop. I'm up in March. The three letters info was concerning first time applicants and that came from someone who spoke directly with the undersheriff. No idea if it came to pass or not. I think Ian is fair and probably reassessing CA law verses what the sheriffs used to do disregarding the law because they got away with it.

If I lived in the city limits, I'd go straight to the SO and have one really darn good professionally written good cause filled out. First time communication means a lot even if you think you do not need one because of your politics.

SO has never came out to my land when I am shooting. All my neighbors discharge firearms of all types. Sighting in new optics on a few firearms can take a long time if you really are testing out distances and want to be dead on accurate. Even with an all day shoot going on no SO has ever came to see what is going on. The SLOC SO is really busy and usually has no time to be driving out in the boonies 45 minutes from their bulk of calls. I may be lucky but all the deputies I have talked with and even worked with on calls were not out to hassle law abiding citizens who enjoy shooting sports and self defense practice.
Old 12-02-2012, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisHawker View Post
Can you tell us if it is true SD demanded 3 letters of reference for them to consider/process your renewal?
The current application clearly states on the first page that at least 3 character reference letters are required when the application is submitted.

The application online is out of date... the Permits Dept. will gladly mail you or print you an application for pick up.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:59 PM

Default Renewal or Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
The current application clearly states on the first page that at least 3 character reference letters are required when the application is submitted.

The application online is out of date... the Permits Dept. will gladly mail you or print you an application for pick up.
I know- I was speaking about not the INITIAL application but the RENEWAL process, based on this info from Jack L's earlier post:

"Ian Parkinson now requires three character reference letters to renew or obtain your LTC."

Jack amended this in his last post -"Good deal Hop. I'm up in March. The three letters info was concerning first time applicants and that came from someone who spoke directly with the undersheriff."

I was concerned not with the initial application but the renewal, evidently there was some confusion/misinformation about that that Hopalong cleared up since he needed no letters of reference to renew.

Good deal!
Old 01-08-2013, 2:05 PM

Any new news on the LTC front here in SLO? I just signed up as a volunteer per this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=353115 Would really like to get my LTC this year.
Old 01-24-2013, 1:27 PM

I just submitted my application. I downloaded it and the instructions from the link on the Sheriff's Department website. It doesn't say anything about the letters on it, so I did not submit any. I followed the directions to a T. When I submitted it it, the lady who took it helped photocopy the various proofs of residence that I supplied, and she didn't say anything about the letters. We will see what happens. If the letters are required, I am sure I will be contacted, and I have people in mind that can provide them.
Old 01-30-2013, 6:09 PM

I received a letter back from the Sheriff's department today. It stated that my application has not been processed for the following reasons:
-per new policy, a max of 2 weapons may be listed on license.
-missing a letter from SLOPD that the department does not issue CCW permit because your residency is within the city limit.
-missing 3 letters of character reference from individuals other than relatives.

I guess I have some homework to do.
Old 02-14-2013, 7:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If the on line application does not state you need the letters, then bring that to SLOSO attention.

I'm up for renewal and the letter does not state I need any letters, only to requalify in class and at the range. . Once you get in the system it appears you are go to go from then on.

UPDATE

Renewal finished. Took Ian's class and qualified at the range. All the renewals had to shoot and that included retired DA's and people who have had a SLOC LTC for 20 years in my class. We did not need the letters for renewal and did not have a face to face with the undersheriff. Ian's class was well worth the cost and time. He's a real pro, A+

Last edited by Jack L; 04-03-2013 at 7:58 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 AM

I received my denial letter this week. I did not meet the "good moral character" requirement.
Old 05-31-2013, 9:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4Fun View Post
I received my denial letter this week. I did not meet the "good moral character" requirement.
What does that mean? Moral character?
Old 05-31-2013, 9:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4Fun View Post
Really? How come (if it's not personal)?

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 06-01-2013, 9:36 PM

I listed in full all previous legal issues that I have had. Nearly 20 years ago I was cited with possession of marijuana, but not convicted (took a program). I had a trespassing and littering conviction as well. All were in college, and if I was given the chance to explain these things on my record, it should be quite clear that they were silly and not reflective of my morality. The trouble is, I was never interviewed by anyone. I knew going in to it that my colorful past might be an issue.
Old 06-08-2013, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Well, thanks at least for being honest and open in your attempt. Might save some fellow members some wasted effort in the future knowing how strict SLO was. Maybe some day CA will go shall issue.
Old 06-09-2013, 5:05 AM
Banned

In SLO county you have to be politically connected or somehow involved socially /professionally connected to law enforcement to get a CCW. You could walk on water like Jesus Christ and will still get denied a CCW. Just the way it is in SLO county.
Old 06-09-2013, 7:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
In SLO county you have to be politically connected or somehow involved socially /professionally connected to law enforcement to get a CCW. You could walk on water like Jesus Christ and will still get denied a CCW. Just the way it is in SLO county.
That's not true, but you do need a plausible reason.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
That's not true, but you do need a plausible reason.
Self defense. I play and work in remote areas. I buy things with cash. I own expensive things. I work at night sometimes. I travel through high crime areas. There have been burglaries in my neighborhood. blah blah blah. ect.....
Old 06-11-2013, 7:58 AM

So, let's say I live in an unincorporated part of the county, but am attending Cal Poly. I want to get an 07 FFL so I can build CA legal AKs for sale. How good are my chances if I give some reason like, "I manufacture semi auto rifles on a small scale which may make me a target of criminal activity. I want to make sure these guns don't fall into the wrong hands."?
Old 06-11-2013, 8:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_1 View Post
So, let's say I live in an unincorporated part of the county, but am attending Cal Poly. I want to get an 07 FFL so I can build CA legal AKs for sale. How good are my chances if I give some reason like, "I manufacture semi auto rifles on a small scale which may make me a target of criminal activity. I want to make sure these guns don't fall into the wrong hands."?
The problem with your approach is that you are injecting logic into the discussion. Your Anti Sheriff will simply inform you to choose a different profession and reject your application. You really think that getting involved in the firearm industry is a good way to convince Antis to allow you to carry a firearm?

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Calguns Addict

If you get an 07 FFL first I think you would have very good chances.
Old 06-11-2013, 9:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good idea but you would have to get the county to give you a business permit and it would have to take place on a legally zoned piece of land. Way before you get an FFL or DOJ permit to manufacture. SLO county is not business friendly let alone firearms friendly. But I wish you luck, I've thought about it too.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Good luck getting the FFL.

That said, if you actually had an FFL and a state tax resale #, and a place of biz (which the FFL would pretty much require) it might very well increase your chances of being approved for a CCW permit.

Old 06-12-2013, 6:14 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure if your goal is to have a small business (FFL related) or get a CCW in SLO County. It’s not hard to obtain a CCW here, but you must have a legitimate “good cause” in mind. If you’re serious about the FFL business, I would first check to see if the zoning is correct in your neighborhood, by contacting your local government's agencies (such as the county's business office or department of commerce) in order to find out exact regulations for your type of business dealing. Opening this type of business 100 yards from a school zone would be a definite no-no. Picking the minds of your neighbors would be time well spent; if they object to firearms, they could cause you hours of agony in the county offices. Requirements for applying for the FFL do not vary from state to state, as the licenses are governed by a federal organization, but regulations (county or state) for using your FFL will vary greatly. If you’re successful in getting the business off the ground, the CCW may follow closely behind. Hypothetically using a business plan to obtain your CCW is wasted time. It won’t fly. Business idea sounds great though; good luck.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-- George Washington

NRA & CRPA Life Member
Old 07-01-2013, 7:01 PM

I inquired as to Grover Beach's CCW policy... they gave it to me at the PD counter. I filled out an app & the chief said... "why don't you just let me give it a preliminary look & it might save you some application money." So I filled it out & let him have it. (sounds like I filled it out quick like... but I spent a good 30 hours crafting it... and had some helpful input from other forum members) A week later I went in to see him & he told me he wouldn't issue. I asked for a denial letter & he said sure.

I then filled out the SLOSD's application & submitted it with my three letters of character reference... and a county recognized course holder's certificate for 8-hr course completion.

I just got the letter back from the under-sheriff, pointing at PC 26155... and how they don't have an agreement to process "ALL" applications from the city... so, basically 'sorry'... and contact your local PD.

I'm confused... I thought the PD route was basically a courtesy... following up the chain of command... and because the Sheriff likes to see the denial letter.

It seems as though the SLOSD should be following PC 26150, regardless of any flexibility PC 26155 offers the local PD. PC links

Thanks in advance if you can offer me a suggestion... grounds for re-consideration (for actually approving CCW or denying me based on cause/character).

Last edited by Easy E; 07-01-2013 at 7:09 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I inquired as to Grover Beach's CCW policy... they gave it to me at the PD counter. I filled out an app & the chief said... "why don't you just let me give it a preliminary look & it might save you some application money." So I filled it out & let him have it. (sounds like I filled it out quick like... but I spent a good 30 hours crafting it... and had some helpful input from other forum members) A week later I went in to see him & he told me he wouldn't issue. I asked for a denial letter & he said sure.

I then filled out the SLOSD's application & submitted it with my three letters of character reference... and a county recognized course holder's certificate for 8-hr course completion.

I just got the letter back from the under-sheriff, pointing at PC 26155... and how they don't have an agreement to process "ALL" applications from the city... so, basically 'sorry'... and contact your local PD.

I'm confused... I thought the PD route was basically a courtesy... following up the chain of command... and because the Sheriff likes to see the denial letter.

It seems as though the SLOSD should be following PC 26150, regardless of any flexibility PC 26155 offers the local PD. PC links

Thanks in advance if you can offer me a suggestion... grounds for re-consideration (for actually approving CCW or denying me based on cause/character).
There are two cities in San Luis Obispo County that haven’t entered into an agreement with the Sheriff to issue CCW permits to citizens of their city. I thought they were AG and Paso Robles, but perhaps Grover is included. The Sheriff is not going to override the Grover Beach Police Chief and step on his/her toes. It sounds like your Chief of Police reviewed your application and didn’t accept your GC statement. Unless you have a questionable background, that’s about the only thing on the application they can use as a determining factor.

The Undersheriff (Tim Olivas) is a pretty straight-forward guy and will not give you any false information or lead you astray. If your city has decided to not issue permits and turn the task over to the Sheriff, they would or should have issued you a denial letter without any questions. They would not have wasted their time reviewing your application.

It’s not that the Sheriff likes to see the denial letter; he requires it with the initial application. He must have it in writing, that your local PD doesn’t issue permits to CCW. You didn’t mention including the letter with your application. Was the Undersheriff’s only issue with your denial letter?

The firearm safety course certificate isn’t required during the initial contact. Usually everyone waits until they get an acceptance letter before completing the course; it saves you some money in case you are denied a permit after they review your application.

If you’re not sure about the agreement process between Grover Beach and the SLOSD, call the sheriff’s office and ask.

Also, when I turned in my course certificate, one of the course providers was in question (might not be acceptable). Things change in the decision making process and the order that you complete the tasks, could be important. Good luck.

KC
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-- George Washington

NRA & CRPA Life Member
Old 07-01-2013, 8:53 PM

KC,
I understand there *can be* an agreement between a city and the sheriff... to process all applications... i.e. the city is too busy... or wants to control what's in their limits.

The referenced PC sections don't imply there *must* be an agreement for the Sheriff to process an application from a municipality.... seems to be just an option for a city. I didn't get the clarity from your response. Please provide it if you can... and/or I'll try to get it from the SD as you suggest & post back.

The undersheriff stated no issues with my application... other than the 'agreement' not being in place.

I wanted to get some formal training & figured I might as well potentially kill two birds. The course was at "the gun school" in S.M.... and was very good. Offered us the opportunity to qualify under two different methods... one being easier & one being more difficult. We brought enough ammo to do both. Nice course.
-E
Old 07-02-2013, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
KC,
I understand there *can be* an agreement between a city and the sheriff... to process all applications... i.e. the city is too busy... or wants to control what's in their limits.

The referenced PC sections don't imply there *must* be an agreement for the Sheriff to process an application from a municipality.... seems to be just an option for a city. I didn't get the clarity from your response. Please provide it if you can... and/or I'll try to get it from the SD as you suggest & post back.

The undersheriff stated no issues with my application... other than the 'agreement' not being in place.

I wanted to get some formal training & figured I might as well potentially kill two birds. The course was at "the gun school" in S.M.... and was very good. Offered us the opportunity to qualify under two different methods... one being easier & one being more difficult. We brought enough ammo to do both. Nice course.
-E
E, I don’t think the authors of PC 26155 intended to be that specific, as far as who the IA should or shouldn't be. They left the interpretation up to the law enforcement personal involved in that locality. I think they assumed that urban dwellers would first apply in the city of residency and rural dwellers would go directly to the county. That apparently is how the issue is approached in SLO County; city folks must first apply in their respective cities and if they don’t issue, they must apply to the County level. The lack of clarity in PC 26155 indicates this may be an example of a “Gentleman’s Agreement”.

In PC 26155(a) it states, “…, the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county may issue a license to that person”. The first choice is “municipal chief” followed by the IA of that county. The county permits tend to be ‘restriction free’, where as the city permits can contain area limitations (work or bank and return); not something you want on your permit.

26200. (a) A license issued pursuant to this article may include any reasonable restrictions or conditions that the issuing authority deems warranted, including restrictions as to the time, place, manner, and circumstances under which the licensee may carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(b) Any restrictions imposed pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be indicated on any license issued.

I considered going to the training facility in SMX before applying for my permit, but hesitated at the last minute. Although they state it is approved in SLO County, I wanted to hear that from the IA. As it turned out, the SMX course provider was not one of the four approved by the SLOSD. That's not to say they would refuse the course, but they weren't on the list.

26165. (a) For new license applicants, the course of training for issuance of a license under Section 26150 or 26155 may be any course acceptable to the licensing authority.

I realize I may not have answered your concerns; the best thing is to get the most up-to-date and specific information from the SLOSD. Good luck

KC
-- George Washington

NRA & CRPA Life Member
Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
While I know that this seems to be the case; I have heard otherwise. But apparently there is a tough standard to meet. It should be noted that I was denied because of my good cause (or lack of) but because I didn't meat the criteria (is there actually a criteria?) of good moral character.
Old 08-23-2013, 4:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Well here you go guys. It doesn't get broken down any better than this. Seems it's not impossible to get one here. The whole process laid out right in plain sight!

http://www.newtimesslo.com/news/9427...n-plain-sight/
Old 08-23-2013, 5:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
Well here you go guys. It doesn't get broken down any better than this. Seems it's not impossible to get one here. The whole process laid out right in plain sight!

http://www.newtimesslo.com/news/9427...n-plain-sight/
Quote:
Currently, 476 residents—members of the general public, prominent land owners, businesspeople, public officials, family members of high-ranking law enforcement officials, reserve officers, non-sworn police department employees, county employees, and judges—possess concealed-carry permits.
In other words, the elite of SLO county. The rest of us rabble can die or get raped.
Old 08-23-2013, 5:50 PM
Calguns Addict

No, read the part about the most common good cause statements. Also look at how few are denied for how many apply. I consider 35 out of 248 being denied or revoked being really good odds.

Last edited by deckhandmike; 08-23-2013 at 6:04 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 3:38 PM

Quote:
No, read the part about the most common good cause statements. Also look at how few are denied for how many apply. I consider 35 out of 248 being denied or revoked being really good odds.
You need to read a little bit better... that 248 number includes the renewals, since permits are only good for two years. In the 2011 year that number comes from, 76 of that 248 were new applicants, meaning almost a 50% denial rate.

As of April 1st of this year 79 permits were issued, but only 13 of those were new applicants and there were 12 denials. Again about a 50% denial rate for new applications.
Old 08-24-2013, 3:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Reading and math, so over rated. I'm still glad to live in a county with a 50% rate. Beats the hell out of 1%.
Old 08-24-2013, 4:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, my good cause is I carry "large" amounts of money because I might come across a good deal. Ok, I go hiking or mountain biking way up in the hills and there are Mexican cartel drug farmers who want to kill me if I accidentally come across a pot farm. Ok, I work late at night in areas where there has been strong arm robberies and rapes. Ok, I get bad cell phone coverage at my house and areas I travel to and I don't have a land line...ect, ect,ect.... Unless you are one of the elite in SLO county....the sheriff sez "Call 911" if your not already dead.
Old 11-23-2013, 9:24 PM

Denied again... thought I had a decent shot this time, but working nights and traveling around the state with high value equipment wasn't considered good enough just cause... *sigh*.

Guess only the special people get permits.
Old 02-11-2014, 5:33 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
E, I don’t think the authors of PC 26155 intended to be that specific, as far as who the IA should or shouldn't be. They left the interpretation up to the law enforcement personal involved in that locality. I think they assumed that urban dwellers would first apply in the city of residency and rural dwellers would go directly to the county. That apparently is how the issue is approached in SLO County; city folks must first apply in their respective cities and if they don’t issue, they must apply to the County level. The lack of clarity in PC 26155 indicates this may be an example of a “Gentleman’s Agreement”.

In PC 26155(a) it states, “…, the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county may issue a license to that person”. The first choice is “municipal chief” followed by the IA of that county. The county permits tend to be ‘restriction free’, where as the city permits can contain area limitations (work or bank and return); not something you want on your permit.

26200. (a) A license issued pursuant to this article may include any reasonable restrictions or conditions that the issuing authority deems warranted, including restrictions as to the time, place, manner, and circumstances under which the licensee may carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(b) Any restrictions imposed pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be indicated on any license issued.

I considered going to the training facility in SMX before applying for my permit, but hesitated at the last minute. Although they state it is approved in SLO County, I wanted to hear that from the IA. As it turned out, the SMX course provider was not one of the four approved by the SLOSD. That's not to say they would refuse the course, but they weren't on the list.

26165. (a) For new license applicants, the course of training for issuance of a license under Section 26150 or 26155 may be any course acceptable to the licensing authority.

I realize I may not have answered your concerns; the best thing is to get the most up-to-date and specific information from the SLOSD. Good luck

KC

You are woefully misinformed. Salute v. Pritchess is controlling and the Sheriff MUST process ALL applications. Additionally, Guillory v. County of Orange finds equal protection under the law for similar good cause statements.

This follows this Sheriff's modus operandi to operate as HE sees fit, not as the law and the courts see fit. Trouble is, SLO county is one of, or the most, corrupt county in the nation. Our county grand jury won't protect our Civil Rights, our state's grand jury won't protect our Civil Rights, and we will never get any help out of Obama and Holder in protecting our Civil Rights.

The man is openly operating outside of the law, but still has fanboys singing his praises. Disgusting. The wanton oppression of Civil Rights is tolerated in this county. Utterly disgusting.

Old 02-12-2014, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Barnstormer:I don’t think the authors of PC 26155 intended to be that specific, as far as who the IA should or shouldn't be.

Quote:
Choprzrul:You are woefully misinformed. Salute v. Pritchess is controlling and the Sheriff MUST process ALL applications.
Quote from the Salute v Pritchess decision:

"Section 12050: "(a) The sheriff of a county OR the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county"....

Chop: can you elaborate on why you think the Sheriff ALONE must process from the facts of this case?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Read the ruling of the court:

Quote:
It is the duty of the *561 sheriff to
make such an investigation and determination,
on an individual basis, on every application
under section 12050.
Im not sure how any honest person could twist that in any way other than the sheriff must process your application. Adding his own requirement to go through local Cleo is not supported by the law.

Old 02-13-2014, 2:34 PM

It seems to this honest person that there are two different issues here:

One, raised by Barnstormer-is: is PC 26155 somewhat non-specific as to IA? In other words does it allow for different Law Enforcement Agencies handle CC's? Since section 12050 says Sheriff OR Chief of a Muni....answer seems to be yes.

I would submit the central issue in the case you cite in attempting to set Barnstormer straight was different: The plaintiffs were suing based on their particular issuing authority- the LA Sheriff's- REFUSAL to evaluate the CC application, and the ruling was the Sheriff was shirking his duty to do so. This was the correct ruling, but it could have equally applied to a Chief of a Muni if that is where the applicants had initially applied and were subsequently suing-the ruling was simply specifically addressing the particular agency being sued (in this case LA Sheriff's) lack of action rather than making a blanket statement that ALL Sheriff's at ALL times must process EVERY CC application in their respective counties-if this was the case then no Muni would have any authority to issue on their own-and they in fact do.
Closed Thread