Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 02-13-2013, 9:08 AM

Default BX-25

Hey Calgunners,

I haven't posted in awhile. Moved to California (not by choice, military) last month and everything has going well. Haven't gone shooting yet... still need to buy 10 rd mags for all my firearms. Hope all is well and everyone had a great holiday season!

I'm looking for a website/company that will sell BX-25 kits. I'm in the Yuba-Sutter area and would prefer to find a place that will ship them to my doorstep. My understanding is that the "kits" are legal here in California. Just want to buy some to have in the case that they are federally illegal in the coming years...

Thanks!

Swamp

- Swamp
Old 02-13-2013, 1:27 PM

You can buy/order "repair or re-build kits" but the BX-25's are almost impossible to find right now. I found the BX-25 (x2) - 50 round capacity at a local shop here in NorCal- but they wanted $100 plus tax for it- no thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 1:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFelixM View Post
Hey Calgunners,

I haven't posted in awhile. Moved to California (not by choice, military) last month and everything has going well. Haven't gone shooting yet... still need to buy 10 rd mags for all my firearms. Hope all is well and everyone had a great holiday season!

I'm looking for a website/company that will sell BX-25 kits. I'm in the Yuba-Sutter area and would prefer to find a place that will ship them to my doorstep. My understanding is that the "kits" are legal here in California. Just want to buy some to have in the case that they are federally illegal in the coming years...

Thanks!

Swamp
They're legal to assemble as 10 round magazines, repair your already existing >10 round magazines, or keep as a pile of parts for use out of state. Not sure why you needed to put the quotes around "kits".
Old 02-13-2013, 2:11 PM

Thanks guys. I put the quotes around "kits" because it's my understanding that is the loophole. They have to be sold in kits and not assembled to be considered legal. Once you assemble them in the state... they are illegal. Is that correct?

Yea... $100 is ridiculous... Guess I'll have to wait until my next trip to Reno, Nv to look for any good buys. Thanks again guys...

- Swamp
Old 02-13-2013, 2:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFelixM View Post
Thanks guys. I put the quotes around "kits" because it's my understanding that is the loophole. They have to be sold in kits and not assembled to be considered legal. Once you assemble them in the state... they are illegal. Is that correct?
To put a fine point on it, it's not a "loophole", it's strict compliance with the letter of the code sections concerned. "Loophole" is liberal gun-grabberspeak.