Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 11-09-2016, 3:23 PM

Default Ammo Liquidator GTG???

I'm considering making an ammo purchase from Ammo Liquidator. I have not purchased anything from them. I searched for reviews of them on Google and CalGuns and could not find anything.

If anyone has had any experience with them please let me know.
Old 11-10-2016, 6:58 AM

Crickets... I quess no one has used Ammo Liquidator.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Funny. I just did the same search and this thread appeared on google so I went ahead and registered with your forum to join in on this. We cant have ammo shipped to our state of NY and I was told this site will. I ordered .375 Ruger ammo 2 days ago. They took my $65 (one box mind you, not set up for reloading this yet), and have yet to receive anything but a receipt for my transaction. No phone number, no response from my emails. So I'm a little peeved and hope I'm not out $65. Don't order until I receive mine and post back here confirming. I even paid for 2 day shipping.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5049 View Post
Funny. I just did the same search and this thread appeared on google so I went ahead and registered with your forum to join in on this. We cant have ammo shipped to our state of NY and I was told this site will. I ordered .375 Ruger ammo 2 days ago. They took my $65 (one box mind you, not set up for reloading this yet), and have yet to receive anything but a receipt for my transaction. No phone number, no response from my emails. So I'm a little peeved and hope I'm not out $65. Don't order until I receive mine and post back here confirming. I even paid for 2 day shipping.
Thanks for joining and sharing your experience. Welcome to Calguns as well.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 11-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Bring back the Lions.
CGN Contributor

Who has so much ammo it has to go to a liquidator? CDNN gets clearance buys from various sources so they are good to go. AL????
Old 11-10-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
Who has so much ammo it has to go to a liquidator? CDNN gets clearance buys from various sources so they are good to go. AL????
I would go there but they wont ship to NY either.... So far only targetsportsusa.com and ammoliquidator.com Hopefully Trump overthrows Cuomo's stupid laws banning ammo shipments here in NY
Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Always afraid of a post where the OP does not include links to the site in question....

Sorry, not going to google to see if we are looking at the same thing

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 12-22-2016, 9:05 AM

Just ordered a couple cases 4 days ago. I have a receipt, but nothing else. We'll see.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:01 AM

Ammo Liquidator shows up on Ammo Seek:

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/357-magnum

So it would appear they are legit.

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
NASAR Member
Old 12-22-2016, 11:21 AM

That's where I found my case of 9mm. Still awaiting response from customer service... OP, did you ever receive your order?
Old 01-02-2017, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5049 View Post
I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to let you folks know that I too, was a bit wary of ordering from ammoliquidators.com because of finding only this thread when I looked online for reviews. So, I emailed them on 12/28/2016 and included a link to this thread. I received a reply from a fellow named Dan a few hours later assuring me that I would get my order if placed. I ordered a couple hundred rounds of Hornady 220 swift the same day. I received a confirmation email the same day as well. On the 29th I received an email confirming shipment including FedEx tracking number. My order arrived FedEx on 12/31/2016 as ordered.
I told Dan that I would let you folks know what my experience was to provide some feedback. I won't hesitate to do business with them again. Hope this helps and your experience is as pleasant as mine was.
Old 01-02-2017, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSamiam View Post
I'm new to the forum.
Welcome.

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
NASAR Member
Old 01-11-2017, 7:46 PM

Fyi, from another forum. I'll give them a week and then file a claim with my cc company.

http://www.ammospy.net/retailers/AmmoLiquidator
Old 01-12-2017, 1:17 AM
Calguns Addict

If you get a good deal on the ammo then why is it so important if the ammo should actually arrive?
Old 01-12-2017, 1:25 AM

Wtf!
Old 01-12-2017, 1:42 AM
Calguns Addict

If you want reliable ammunition from a reputable dealer you pay the price.

Sometimes it's not about obtaining serviceable ammunition. Rather it's the bragging rights of getting a good deal.

There must be a dozen well establish reputable ammo dealers selling excellent ammo. If that isn't good enough for the OP then I suspect there must be an ulterior motive.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:35 AM

If you are referencing AmmoLiquidator.com, the domain was only registered about a year ago and uses a privacy service to avoid displaying the actual registrant or their contact information.

This doesn't mean they are shadey (every business has to have a startup date...) but these two pieces of info can be used as part of the overall decision making process as the the degree of confidence one could have in a business.

Personally I try to avoid doing business with sites that don't display the registrant's (supposedly) true contact info -- especially if they aren't showing contact information on the website.

The phone number shown at the top of the AmmoLiquidator.com website, 888-513-2112, also appears to be the phone number used by LunaProduce.com.

The address on the "AL" Contact Us page seems to be that of a "virtual office" - https://www.opusvirtualoffices.com/v...e/location-958

Again, none of this is proof that things are shadey, they're simply data points to take under consideration.
Old 01-15-2017, 2:13 PM
Veteran Member

There are so many top notch online vendors, why take the risk?
Old 01-15-2017, 5:29 PM
Veteran Member

I know right?!
Old 02-19-2017, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
If you get a good deal on the ammo then why is it so important if the ammo should actually arrive?

LOL!!! Yesssssss!
Old 02-19-2017, 8:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylog View Post
!
Tracker reported.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:09 AM

if you need a outstanding source with very quick shipping, look at sgammo.com

i am so spoiled
Old 02-24-2017, 4:38 PM

Ok, i bought 200 rounds of Hornady match 300 Win mag from Ammoliquidator.com and received my ammo.it shipped the next business day and the ammo shoots sub minute at 500 yards. I will buy from again.
Old 02-24-2017, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leighton1 View Post
Ok, i bought 200 rounds of Hornady match 300 Win mag from Ammoliquidator.com and received my ammo.it shipped the next business day and the ammo shoots sub minute at 500 yards. I will buy from again.
Right, not a shill at all.
Old 02-24-2017, 7:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leighton1 View Post
Old 02-26-2017, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33pt View Post
Right, not a shill at all.
I will upload my order. I was offering insight for something I recently did that addresses the OP's question with actual first hand experience. Fact of the matter is I bought from this guy and then did a google search after the fact and found this thread. The post on here made me nervous as hell, i almost canceled my order because of it. But since a shipping label was created the next day i thought i would see it out and post my results. SGAMMO is my go to and has always been a perfect buying expernece but they never have quality match 300WM. this guy was by far the best price and had it in stock. Best part for me was the ammo wasn't junk and shot great out of my Remington M2010. If your still super concerned I'm a shill ill be happy to post pictures of myself shooting the ammo with a sign that says "eat ***** d33pt"

Last edited by 1leighton1; 02-26-2017 at 9:26 AM..
Old 02-26-2017, 7:44 AM

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1411/rfFy8z.png
Old 02-26-2017, 7:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billped View Post
There are so many top notch online vendors, why take the risk?
This and looking at the pricing why not simply go to SGAmmo.com where you know you will get what you order. And SGAmmo shipping charges are like half what AL charges.
Old 03-07-2017, 7:52 AM

Default Ammoliquidator order

I purchased a case of Winchester 9mm in Feb. 2017 and it took 7 business days to get to CA. They were in original boxes, great shape and no damage. Just ordered more as best price I can find, slightly better than Outdoorlimited. Hope this helps. I will let you know if i have future problems. BTH they come in original boxes so no hiding what is on your front doorstep.

Ok so it took a month to finally receive the 500 bullets. Thanks to Rick who stepped in after I reviewed on Facebook. So, although can't give them 5 stars, they finally came through. I have had better luck and lower price with VizardsGunsAndAmmo.

Last edited by sworthy1; 06-09-2017 at 4:03 PM.. Reason: update
Old 03-08-2017, 3:55 PM

Thumbs up IM NEW BUT THIS IS LEGIT

Hey Californians,

I bought ammo from AmmoLiquidator recently and then after not hearing from them I looked them up and found this thread. I got worried really quick. I reached out to them and didn't get anything back through email, HOWEVER, through Facebook (of all things) I got an almost immediate response.

I have spoken to Dan and Nick and I gotta say I'm impressed. For starters, Dan confirmed my order number and got cooking on my FOID card. (I live in Illinois..) I started getting immediate responses and they continued to work with me until things were right.

Dan even went above and beyond because an old error prevented him from shipping to my ZIP code but he went and independently verified it was 'OK' to ship.

As a small business employee, I enjoy supporting small business. These guys seem like they are a new, small business. I spoke with Nick who I suspect is the 'boss' and thanked him too after HE called ME. They're great. Guys, they just wanna sell ammo (at low prices too..)

They explained to me the initial trouble was caused during their soft opening. Have some faith, save some money, and don't think twice about getting ammo from these guys. They hooked me up and made me feel like customer #1 which is awesome.

Will provide evidence of NOT being a shill? is it? I prefer sock puppet, but nay
Old 03-11-2017, 9:53 AM

Found these guys on Ammoseek. Ordered ammo. Shipped immediately. Arrived in 4 days.

Details....

I ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm 115g blazer brass from them for the range and plinking. I placed the order this Monday. Received confirmation immediately. Noticed I made a typo on the shipping address. Sent an email. I got a reply from Dan within about 30 minutes that the typo was corrected.

I got shipment confirmation the very next day, Tuesday, that the order shipped via UPS with a tracking number and estimated delivery date of Friday. The box with all 1000 rounds arrived yesterday, Friday, as promised.

As smooth as an online transaction can go.

Also...

I sent a couple of additional emails with a few questions. Asked if they would ship to my zip code. Part of my zip falls in the border of city of Los Angeles which restricts ammo shipments. I got almost an immediately reply with each question asked. Dan confirmed he ran my zip code and doesn't see any restriction.

I will definitely order from them again.

EDIT:

Added a screen grab of order confirmation and delivery confirmation so you guys know I'm a legit customer.

Last edited by anonymouscuban; 03-11-2017 at 10:23 AM..
Old 03-14-2017, 12:25 PM

I think everybody here can agree that I am neither new to this site, nor am I a first or for that matter 50th poster here, so after reading this thread, I want to leave these guys some positive feedback.

I ordered up several boxes of ammunition from ammo liquidators, as a first time tryout. As is normal with online purchases, I received e-mail confirmation of my order being placed, A couple days after that I received an e-mail that my order would ship, and after that a shipping notice with tracking numbers.

All ammo arrived promptly, in original factory packaging, and in perfect condition.

Take it for what you will, but I got some tough to find items at the best pricing I could find on the net, which is a win.

Thank you Ammo liquidators.

Regards, B
Old 03-24-2017, 2:50 PM

I've used ammoliquidator several times. The business seems to be legit. Turn around time is very reasonable and prices are in lowest group out of most of web stores. I don't mind ordering bulk sized ammo like 9mm 5.56 and so on, but there was one time I received 308 FGM and all 3 boxes were filled with old looking cartridges and 1 round out of 60 didn't even fire. I guess there was reason for them to be on sale. I feel little nervous when I order expensive end cartridges, but other than that, have not had problems yet.
Old 05-15-2017, 7:28 AM

Exclamation Beware - Ammo Liquidators

I have had success over the last couple of months but my last 1k order only received 1/2 of the order. Contacted and got a quick reply that the other half will be shipped out next day. It has now been 11 days and now they won't respond to my emails anymore. Too bad, they were good in the beginning but won't buy in the future. OutdoorLimited.com is a great place to buy and have purchased several thousand rounds with no problem.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:43 AM

Expect problems when ordering internet ammo to be shipped to a state where it is illegal to ship ammo to consumers

That said, I found these guys on ammo seek a few days ago and almost ordered a case, but got cold feet due to a weird feeling..
Old 05-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Exclamation Won't Respond

I purchased several thousand rounds, but just ordered 1k of 45ACP and half came in a week, and talked to Dan about other half and he said he would get it right out. Now 10 days later, no bullets and he refuses to answer my emails. So if a $2,000 customer can't get service, I say stay away. I am going back to OutdoorLimited.com. Great prices and they are true to their word.
Old 06-02-2017, 1:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just ordered 600 rounds of 6.5CM 140gr ELD-M. Shipping price is crazy high, however, total OTD is still cheaper than SGAmmo and TargetSportsUSA
Old 06-02-2017, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Gawd this thread is so strange and there are wayyyyyyyyy too many new members on it...
Old 06-02-2017, 7:51 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

Ammoman.com. Free shipping on anything over $100. They have never done me wrong
Old 06-08-2017, 9:11 AM
Veteran Member

Target Sports still has everyone beat on price. Let alone that they ship bulk for free.

BTW,
I have ordered from Ammo Liquidators in the past and everything went fine.

Fast forward to last week.

They sent out a flyer for 2000 rounds of .22 Winchester Super X 40 gr plated for 140.00 shipped. (118.00 plus shipping)

This was last Thursday.
It is still in processing at the moment.
I'll let you know as soon as I get a tracking number.