Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Default Any ranges in SO CA like this...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f7a_1304512053 to do tactical shooting(besides military or LE I cant get on either since Im not mil or LE)... getting tired of indoor ranges
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM

There are plenty. Tell us where you are located, and we can better direct to some place within reasonable distance.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

There are several really good 3 gun matches in SoCal. Try

http://www.x3multigun.com/

http://www.wegc.org/wordpress/?page_id=2926

http://www.wegc.org/wordpress/?page_id=89

http://www.uspsa2.org/5dogs.htm

http://www.lineadefuego.info/
Old 05-04-2011, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
There are plenty. Tell us where you are located, and we can better direct to some place within reasonable distance.
Temecula, Oceanside, North County
Old 05-04-2011, 4:08 PM

Pala has several pistol sport clubs, as well as 3 gun.

Check this link...

http://www.lineadefuego.info/

Iron Sights Indoor range holds 5 matches a month including Steel, Man vs Man, IDPA and USPSA

Google Oceanside Practical Pistol Club for the events held at Iron Sights
Old 05-04-2011, 7:33 PM

I go to Ironsights just looking to go outdoor to shoot on the move, use barricades etc... not really looking for competition (3 gun)..
Old 05-04-2011, 8:16 PM

Location: Chula Vista, San Diego, California, USA, North America

Give SSA Steel Madness a try. It's at Raahauges in Norco. It took a while to convince myself to make the drive up from San Diego to try it out, but now I'm addicted.
The question is not "How far?". The question is "Do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?". - Il Duce/Prisoner#6570534 from Boondock Saints
Old 05-05-2011, 4:00 PM

thanks but looks like these are all competition types Im not looking for competition range. Arethere any like these that are open without restricted calendar and not competition based? Or am I beating a dead horse at this point?

Maybe someone with a cpl bucks and some land should build a tactical shooting range.... If I could I would
Old 05-05-2011, 4:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post
thanks but looks like these are all competition types Im not looking for competition range. Arethere any like these that are open without restricted calendar and not competition based? Or am I beating a dead horse at this point?

Maybe someone with a cpl bucks and some land should build a tactical shooting range.... If I could I would
none in Socal is like this for just general use/rental.

you would have to go out to BLM land, or rent a private range (burro is the only one i know off but that is far from you) and just bring all the gear needed to do it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 05-08-2011, 9:27 AM

WEGC is open 24/7 to members and the matches are Sat/Sun. Most matches are over by noon to 2:00PM and the back range is then open to all members. You can also become a limited member which allows you to shoot Fri-Sun at the main range out to about 200 yds from a bench. There is nothing better then hitting the back range mid week when it is usually very empty. Membership is $180 a year and with that fee you can also bring several of your shooting friends with you. Go to the web page or come to a meeting to find out what its all about. Hope to see you at the range. Rob
Old 05-08-2011, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post

Most ranges put away the props after the match is over. Lemon Grove Rod and Gun allows members to set up the props during scheduled range times. There is a core group that does this on wednesdays. There is a low light shoot on fridays twice a month that uses the props against a timer, but scores are not kept. Real low key and fun. Last week, we had 4 guys shoot and went through about 150 rounds each...

Here is a link, e-mail the match director and see if you can attend. We have let some nonmembers shoot in the past...

http://www.lemongrovegunclub.com/FridayFunHandgun.cfm