Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 11-09-2019, 5:41 AM
Zorba's Avatar
Zorba Zorba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ex-Monterey, now Florida
Posts: 749
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I'd love to join such a group - but never on FB.
__________________
I mock "Mock", and especially mock "Mocks"; which means I mock mock "Mocks".
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 11-09-2019, 7:39 AM
KDG KDG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ex-LA, South Bay, now Nevada
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I'd love to join such a group - but never on FB.
Understand about FB. Not a fan myself, but that seems to get the greatest response from folks.

I limit the information about myself I put there.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 11-09-2019, 7:53 AM
ScottsBad ScottsBad is offline
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,381
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Right, a lot of CA natives are moving out (I'm in the long drawn out process). And a lot of 2A supporters here are disheartened, will there be the amount of new users needed to support and/or grow the forum? So where do current trends lead the CalGuns forum?

Well, the forum needs advertisers and contributors to keep going. But gun stores and manufacturers are being squeezed too.

If CG does not provide content and discussion that users want/need, the advertisers have less incentive and money to advertise, the forum weakens.

So, its obvious that CG needs to find a way to continue to draw new people.

I'm not going to have an answer for that, because my answers are not popular and frankly that's part of the problem with this forum. This forum is shaped by the leadership and the forum members. I'm not a fan of the arrogant leadership/ownership and I tend to be critical of the community.

So my answer would be change the leadership. Then perhaps, the forum will change.

As for content, I like the thumbs up/down of Bladeforums, and I'd like to see more emphasis on outdoors/camping and equipment.

I would like to see more activism, but as I've said before, CG sucks at this (see my comments a few posts up).

That's all I can say. I no longer spend much time here, because I find it boring.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 11-09-2019, 9:20 AM
Zorba's Avatar
Zorba Zorba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ex-Monterey, now Florida
Posts: 749
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDG View Post
I limit the information about myself I put there.
As you should. With Yahoo! groups closing down, one group I'm on was mulling over various options. As soon as I said "ANYTHING but FB!", people came out of the woodwork saying much the same thing. I think people are finally starting to WAKE UP to the toxicity of such sites, TWITter et al. The group moved to something called "groups.io", which seems to work well enough. For myself, I've never been a member or "on" FB, and I never will be. Waiting for it to die, its lasted a lot longer than previous "fad sites" like MySpace, Tribe, Geocities, etc. "This too shall pass".
__________________
I mock "Mock", and especially mock "Mocks"; which means I mock mock "Mocks".

Last edited by Zorba; 11-09-2019 at 9:23 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 11-09-2019, 9:44 AM
Dirtlaw Dirtlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: OC
Posts: 744
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Question Mr. K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
Right, a lot of CA natives are moving out (I'm in the long drawn out process). And a lot of 2A supporters here are disheartened, will there be the amount of new users needed to support and/or grow the forum? So where do current trends lead the CalGuns forum?

Well, the forum needs advertisers and contributors to keep going. But gun stores and manufacturers are being squeezed too.

If CG does not provide content and discussion that users want/need, the advertisers have less incentive and money to advertise, the forum weakens.

So, its obvious that CG needs to find a way to continue to draw new people.

I'm not going to have an answer for that, because my answers are not popular and frankly that's part of the problem with this forum. This forum is shaped by the leadership and the forum members. I'm not a fan of the arrogant leadership/ownership and I tend to be critical of the community.

So my answer would be change the leadership. Then perhaps, the forum will change.

As for content, I like the thumbs up/down of Bladeforums, and I'd like to see more emphasis on outdoors/camping and equipment.

I would like to see more activism, but as I've said before, CG sucks at this (see my comments a few posts up).

That's all I can say. I no longer spend much time here, because I find it boring.

I have some friends that would be classed as vendors. Is there a cost? What is the process. Please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 11-09-2019, 10:19 AM
KDG KDG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ex-LA, South Bay, now Nevada
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
As you should. With Yahoo! groups closing down, one group I'm on was mulling over various options. As soon as I said "ANYTHING but FB!", people came out of the woodwork saying much the same thing. I think people are finally starting to WAKE UP to the toxicity of such sites, TWITter et al. The group moved to something called "groups.io", which seems to work well enough. For myself, I've never been a member or "on" FB, and I never will be. Waiting for it to die, its lasted a lot longer than previous "fad sites" like MySpace, Tribe, Geocities, etc. "This too shall pass".
Many Yahoo groups are moving or have moved to groups.io. It's a good platform. I run a couple of groups there, one that deals with ham radio, and the other is also a ham related group that focuses on being a law abiding citizen, including gun discussions. Neither of those groups is active because of the decline in ham radio, and I think also it does not have the magazine interface like FB, which people seem to like.
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 11-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Dirtlaw Dirtlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: OC
Posts: 744
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDG View Post
Many Yahoo groups are moving or have moved to groups.io. It's a good platform. I run a couple of groups there, one that deals with ham radio, and the other is also a ham related group that focuses on being a law abiding citizen, including gun discussions. Neither of those groups is active because of the decline in ham radio, and I think also it does not have the magazine interface like FB, which people seem to like.

KDG please explain how to connect with your io group. Make it simple please -- I'm not a young person.
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 11-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Zorba's Avatar
Zorba Zorba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ex-Monterey, now Florida
Posts: 749
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDG View Post
Many Yahoo groups are moving or have moved to groups.io. It's a good platform. I run a couple of groups there, one that deals with ham radio, and the other is also a ham related group that focuses on being a law abiding citizen, including gun discussions. Neither of those groups is active because of the decline in ham radio, and I think also it does not have the magazine interface like FB, which people seem to like.
Yea, it seems to work fine. I use it in email mode - IOW, its a glorified listserv to me.
__________________
I mock "Mock", and especially mock "Mocks"; which means I mock mock "Mocks".
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 11-09-2019, 11:23 AM
KDG KDG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ex-LA, South Bay, now Nevada
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtlaw View Post
KDG please explain how to connect with your io group. Make it simple please -- I'm not a young person.
The one group more applicable here is
https://lawabidingcitizen.groups.io/g/main
But it is not active and you have to join to see content using the Blue button at the bottom of the home page. If it were active, I'd say great, join - but it's not so it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. It accompanied a Net (discussion) that used to be on ham radio, but ham radio has declined so much the Net went away and the activity on the group declined as well.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 11-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Dirtlaw Dirtlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: OC
Posts: 744
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDG View Post
The one group more applicable here is
https://lawabidingcitizen.groups.io/g/main
But it is not active and you have to join to see content using the Blue button at the bottom of the home page. If it were active, I'd say great, join - but it's not so it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. It accompanied a Net (discussion) that used to be on ham radio, but ham radio has declined so much the Net went away and the activity on the group declined as well.

Once my freedom day comes round it's something that would interest me. Maybe a Calguns radio group?
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 12-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Ugly Hombre Ugly Hombre is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Banned from O.T. Territory.
Posts: 1,116
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If you don't fight the New Democrat Bolshevik's hard- verbally and in print on line- punch them back in debate harder than they punch you, you will LOSE!

Trump only won and gave us some time because he had the guts, will, and bravery to fight back.

The so call "Conservatives" lost to Obama in 08 because they did not have the guts to fight hard to win the election. Obama had zero qualifications for Presidential office.

Trump knew that took the gloves off and won the office of President in 2016.

Trump seems to know everything about the craven grifters MO- and uses it against them- in a masterful fashion. That is why they hate him so much, and constantly try to destroy him in such a underhanded crooked way.They know they can't win in debate or in a election- hence the sabotage.

In any debate on the Constitution and the 2nd- if you don't call the Radical New far left Democrats out- and hammer them with logic and point out the destructive stupidity of leftist thinking. You will LOSE.

Face to face, in print, on line, in politics- the result will be the same.

Last edited by Ugly Hombre; 12-01-2019 at 3:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 12-03-2019, 7:04 AM
Zorba's Avatar
Zorba Zorba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ex-Monterey, now Florida
Posts: 749
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

"Ugly Hombre" speaks truth. Unfortunately, we're too busy arguing semantics and religion to unite against the real threat.
__________________
I mock "Mock", and especially mock "Mocks"; which means I mock mock "Mocks".
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 12-07-2019, 9:25 AM
harbormaster's Avatar
harbormaster harbormaster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Marina on the Delta
Posts: 316
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Instead of trying to just win an election that we seemingly can't win lets look at what the anti gun zealots are trying to do and thwart that:

They try to make gun ownership harder, more expensive, more regulated to the point there are fewer gun owners. Why? Simple: Fewer gun owners = fewer votes to protect gun rights. We can change that! We spend millions on campaigns and lose. We should be spending it on increasing gun ownership! More gun owners = more votes.

Get the manufacturers to discount a CA legal entry level firearm. If they can knock off a $100 or more to anyone that doesn't have a firearms safety cert and get's one it would be the best contribution we can ask from them;

Get the NRA and CRPA / Cal Guns to put together a package of ammo, range time, and instruction so the new gun owner can defend themselves and be happy with their purchase = a voter who will defend gun rights.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:38 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.