Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-02-2019, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
LOL "Updating the Constitution"..

He's a nut case.

There is absolutely ZERO chance of this happening. Anyone who believes his BS is a fool. He's simply selling pablum to those who are small minded enough to believe that "updating the Constitution" is even possible.

He make $$$ off those same small minded fools who fall for silly conspiracy theories.

Are people really this dumb???

A fear merchant.

I don’t know if he’s making money off people, but Propertarianism is a movement that feeds off of fear and despair mongering.

That’s why I think it’s appropriate to call this stuff out in a thread like this; the fear and hysteria that’s drummed up from blown-up stories like this guy in New York battling the jackboots doesn’t do anyone any real good.

On wrestling with ego and sin- ”Not only am I not above it, I’m swinging haymakers in the pigsty sometimes”

-Big Bear
Old 12-03-2019, 7:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy Bear View Post
A fear merchant.

I don’t know if he’s making money off people, but Propertarianism is a movement that feeds off of fear and despair mongering.

That’s why I think it’s appropriate to call this stuff out in a thread like this; the fear and hysteria that’s drummed up from blown-up stories like this guy in New York battling the jackboots doesn’t do anyone any real good.
The idiot in NY wasn't battling anyone. Calling the police in NY who had to deal with this idot "jackboots" is also stupid, insulting and shows a very bad anti police bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
it basically boils down to "do as we say". A million little King Georges out there in uniform with a gun and a badge.
Old 12-03-2019, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
The idiot in NY wasn't battling anyone. Calling the police in NY who had to deal with this idot "jackboots" is also stupid, insulting and shows a very bad anti police bias.
Yes, agreed. That was suggested narrative.

On wrestling with ego and sin- ”Not only am I not above it, I’m swinging haymakers in the pigsty sometimes”

-Big Bear
Old 12-03-2019, 1:38 PM

I was speaking about the whiskey warrior guy and his stream of the incident,like I said he was a rambling drunk that makes gun owners look like total jerkballs.
Old 12-03-2019, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Phooey!

What you were advocating is that we should accept what folks post on social media at face value.And what this incident illustrates is that people can't do so.

You fell for Booth hook, line, and sinker because the narrative fit your prejudices.

The take home message here should be that folks need to get the facts before acting.
Ah, here I find myself agreeing with Fiddletown unreservedly. At least in this post. I find it humorous that people don't believe what is put out by the police department because "they sometimes lie" but are quick to believe some random, drunk guy just because and with no facts to back up either belief.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-04-2019, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
...I need some help....
I sure looks like you do. But based on what you've told us the kind of help you need won't be found here.

What you really need is a lawyer. You're in a difficult, complicated, legal pickle; and it's generally a bad idea to discuss personal, serious, legal problems with strangers in public. They should be discussed with one's own lawyer privately and in confidence.

Oh, and the word is "tortious interference" not tortuous interference."
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Old 12-04-2019, 5:47 PM

Quote:
I sure looks like you do. But based on what you've told us the kind of help you need won't be found here.

What you really need is a lawyer. You're in a difficult, complicated, legal pickle; and it's generally a bad idea to discuss personal, serious, legal problems with strangers in public. They should be discussed with one's own lawyer privately and in confidence.

Oh, and the word is "tortious interference" not tortuous interference."
Fiddletown is correct, get a lawyer. The sooner the better. However, it will not be a red flag restraining order because the HOA (nor any of ts members unless they happen to be close family members who live with you) has no standing to seek one, even with the new amendments that are going into effect. That's why they went the TRO route because they would get the same result if successful.

I suspect they will simply file a law suit against you that you should probably turn over to your homeowner's insurer when you get it, and your private attorney if you have one.
Old 12-04-2019, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
The 2a community, is very divided, and will not band together.
Before the revolutionary war started with the battle of Lexington and concord the majority of colonist were also divided and were afraid of challenging a super power like England, some were too comfortable to start war but it was the famous battle of Lexington and concord that brought colonist together.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 AM

Anyone know what the penalty for making a false Red Flag report?
Old 12-05-2019, 1:30 PM

as far as i know there is no penalty in this state and you can't sue them either. They are allowed to be anonymous also. I may be wrong but you are a sitting target with a bull's eye on you.