Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 11-22-2019, 4:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
Fire restrictions in Phoenix close public land much of the year.
No tracers
No tannerite
No reserved spot

We used to shoot on public land. Even set up plates and left them there. But every year more public places closed up. More restriction. Which leads to overcrowding and a snowball effect of more closures.

I went from a 25 minute drive to trust land where to police did not care if you shot as long as you kept it clean to a 1 hour drive to blm land. Then that area was shrunk down to 1/10 of the original spot.

So now for the cost of a cheap car I own land that I can shoot, blow up, burn, or do anything else I want. OUr night shoots are fun. We shoot all day, grill, then night shoot, then camp, then grill, then shoot some more before going home.

You have to actually experience the true freedom to understand.

This is so true. We have a blast everytime we go out to our private range. Only problem is it's a 5-6hr drive.

We try to go twice a year, however, i haven't been back there for the last 2 yrs.

We'll definitely back next year, i have neighbor's near by who are shooters and they've got a nice range setup...1200yards
Old 12-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehDiceman View Post
J
Why would someone buy a property that it's in the mountains with no physical access without trespassing? I have a jeep with 4wd so I don't care if there are no roads and I have to "make one" on owned property, but if you can't access your owned property, I'm not seeing many options there.

- you can't make your own roads
- you need a LEGAL deeded easement
- some areas have a free means to do this
- MOST areas require an easement from each owner
- the legal battles/hoops/process is often more headache than the 'dirt cheap land' is 'worth' to the owner