Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-19-2013, 8:51 PM

Default No Federal Assault Weapons Ban and Hi cap magazine ban SO.....

...Shouldn't everyone selling hi cap rebuild kits stop selling them for outrageous prices?
Old 03-19-2013, 8:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkar View Post
...Shouldn't everyone selling hi cap rebuild kits stop selling them for outrageous prices?
You seem to think the fights over.

Au Contraire Monsieur.

Feinstein's AWB may be dead-today. But gun control bills are like Imhotep in The Mummy movies: no matter the spells you cast or how deep you buried the sarcophagus, gun control keeps coming back to life.

When Imhotep's AWB inevitably comes back from the grave after the next mass shooting, I intend to send it back to the Underworld via the "Golden Book", AKA the US Constitution.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

Last edited by SilverTauron; 03-19-2013 at 9:00 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 8:57 PM

I assume(hope) prices should lower slightly considering. More importantly, this is a good win. At least for now!
-Luke 22:36
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
-Galatians 2:20
Old 03-19-2013, 9:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Feinstein's ban is not dead merely delayed until she offers it as an amendment to another must pass bill. Add to that the fact that Magpul and other may have to pick up stakes and move I don't see any improvement for a while.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association
Old 03-23-2013, 9:21 AM

prices still suck...lol
Old 03-23-2013, 9:25 AM
Calguns Addict

I was not expecting to crack a smile reading this thread, thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post

Au Contraire Monsieur.

Feinstein's AWB may be dead-today. But gun control bills are like Imhotep in The Mummy movies: no matter the spells you cast or how deep you buried the sarcophagus, gun control keeps coming back to life.

When Imhotep's AWB inevitably comes back from the grave after the next mass shooting, I intend to send it back to the Underworld via the "Golden Book", AKA the US Constitution.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Not until the gun bill is voted on and there's no chance these things will be introduced as amendments.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Feinstein's ban is not dead merely delayed until she offers it as an amendment to another must pass bill. Add to that the fact that Magpul and other may have to pick up stakes and move I don't see any improvement for a while.
BING BING BING!

Her bill isn't dead. in 1994 they got the awb passed the same way, as an amendment. Keep calling, keep emailing, keep fighting.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:54 AM

I haven't paid more then $25 for a mag since this whole thing started. You just have to search hard for deals.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:01 PM

but pmags were only $15 before all this started
Old 03-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
don't even think for one second she is going away with this. she is going to wait for the next shooting and propose it again. or wait until the 2014 midterm elections are over. if the demoKrats get control of the House it's game over.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No Federal Assault Weapons Ban and Hi cap magazine ban SO........
...state Democrats have their marching orders; try to get similar laws enacted at the State level. It ain't over, not by a long shot. And as already posted, the Mummy awaits to resurrect her failed ban again and again.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Not until people stop buying them for outrageous prices.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:52 PM

you're absolutely right...
common people, I wonder if we at calguns can try to sell at reasonable prices and refrain from supporting vendors and private sellers who sell for outrageous prices
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

Even if the AW ban proposals never happen again, as long as 922r is on the books and the barrel ban is enforced, high prices are here forever. This is one the NRA should be putting their muscle behind, plucking the low hanging fruit of 922r.
Old 03-23-2013, 1:04 PM

Even if the AWB becomes an amendment to say the universal background check bill wouldn't that stop the GOP senators voting to pass it wouldn't the AWB amendment be a deal breaker for whatever bill it is attached to.
Old 03-23-2013, 1:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
...state Democrats have their marching orders; try to get similar laws enacted at the State level. It ain't over, not by a long shot. And as already posted, the Mummy awaits to resurrect her failed ban again and again.
This!

Although the fight is not over by a long shot on the Fed level, the full court press at state/local levels with similarly worded bans/retrictions will keep demand high and supply low. While I'm definitely a capitalist and begrudge nobody a profit, there still is such a thing as price gouging. Thanks to those who are not so gouging. As to those who buy at such prices, it really is their business. If a $20 pmag is worth $75 to them so as not to be deprived should new laws follow, so be it, even though I wish it were different.
Old 03-23-2013, 1:53 PM
In Memoriam

lol...

We Californian's never had to really fear the federal ban... Read up on

SB 396
SB 47
Old 03-23-2013, 4:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Feinstein's ban is not dead merely delayed until she offers it as an amendment to another must pass bill.
IMO, the bill that the Feinstein AWB will be amended to is:

S.462 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2013

This bill has "overwhelming support" by both republicans and democrats and no one will dare vote against it if they want to keep their congressional seats. I can picture a big Obama rose garden signing ceremony for this.
Old 03-23-2013, 4:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
don't even think for one second she is going away with this. she is going to wait for the next shooting and propose it again. or wait until the 2014 midterm elections are over. if the demoKrats get control of the House it's game over.
She wont even wait: it will be attached as an amendment—repeatedly—until it either passes or she does.
Old 03-23-2013, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcuits View Post
lol...

We Californian's never had to really fear the federal ban... Read up on

SB 396
SB 47

It looks like they have some scary changes to the penal code. Even the rewording of punishing someone for possessing a .50 BMG has been changed to apply to all "assault weapons". You used to be exempt from those provisions if you were grandfathered, but now you are only exempt from the punishment, so the new rules may apply to grandfathered guns unless you register as an assault weapon.

The DROS fees are now indexed for inflation.. How come they didn't index AMT and other tax income limit from inflation?

You have to register weapons with magazines that "can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool". There goes the bullet buttons on the guns (without registration).

We need a good lawyer to digest through this crap of changes to California that will definitely be implemented by the supermajority.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...=201320140SB47
SB 47
---------------------------------
(b) For purposes of this section, “fixed magazine” means an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.

Any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2013, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined in Section 30515, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, shall register the firearm before July 1, 2014, with the department pursuant to those procedures that the department may establish.

Existing law requires that any person who, within this state, possesses any .50 BMG rifle except as otherwise provided, be punished by a fine of $1,000, imprisonment in a county jail for a period not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

This bill would exempt those provisions a person who possessed an assault weapon prior to July 1, 2014, if specified requirements are met.

Revisions:
--------------------------
Existing law requires that any person who, within this state, possesses an assault weapon, except as otherwise provided, be punished as a felony or for a period not to exceed one year, in a county jail.

This bill would exclude from those punishment a person who possessed an assault weapon under that provision prior to January 1, 2014, and until July 1, 2014, if specified requirements are met.

Last edited by ShadowX; 03-23-2013 at 4:50 PM..
Old 03-23-2013, 5:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
This is my concern as well.

We need to show anti 2nd Amendment politicians they will be voted out
for attemping to take away our civil rights.

Anti- 2nd Amendment Politicians could become emboldened again
if we do not assert ourselves in the midterm elections.

Or even worse, the "Perfect Storm" of midterm elections not going our way,
followed by another gun related massacre.

The "gun free zones" virtually guarantee the next massacre will be a high body
count, and the media will once again fill the airwaves with anti gun propaganda.

All pro 2nd Amendment organizations need to have a well thought out,
vetted plan for dealing with the anti's propaganda onslaught when the
next gun related massacre occurs.

Hopefully, the NRA will step up its game on countering this flood of anti gun
rhetoric that inundates us each time one of these horrific events occur.
Waiting one week before making any statement about these massacre's
just seems to play into the anti's "let's demonize the NRA" playbook.

Hiring people like Colion Noir will definitely help NRA with countering the lies
and distortions spewed forth by biased media and anti gun politicians after
these tragedies occur.

Noble
Old 03-23-2013, 5:25 PM
In Memoriam

Why is everyone concerned about these laws only as it affects PRICES? This is an effort to demonize every gun owner and make us into criminals. I don't give a **** what rebuild kits cost. Bragging about hi-cap rebuild kits didn't help us!
Old 03-23-2013, 6:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
There is probably still is a shortage....

If there were not; someone would lower his price to pick up market share... and then someone else would have the same thought... and so on and so forth...
Old 03-23-2013, 6:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-NewYawker View Post
Why is everyone concerned about these laws only as it affects PRICES? This is an effort to demonize every gun owner and make us into criminals. I don't give a **** what rebuild kits cost. Bragging about hi-cap rebuild kits didn't help us!
No; we are worried about that also... but we could still use some more mags...
Old 03-23-2013, 7:14 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

Lance has them for a fair price if you are patient...

PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

When pimping begins, friendship ends.

Don't let your history be a mystery
Old 03-23-2013, 7:33 PM

Rules for radicals...
Everything is "just the first step".
Mid term elections. ..
Obama always wants unfinished business.
Old 03-23-2013, 7:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post

Au Contraire Monsieur.

It will be back as an amendment to another bill. Harry Reid said as much.
Old 03-23-2013, 8:52 PM

Quote:
NDAA 2014, now with 100% more gun bans!
Old 03-24-2013, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Cause View Post
This is my concern as well.

We need to show anti 2nd Amendment politicians they will be voted out
for attemping to take away our civil rights.

Anti- 2nd Amendment Politicians could become emboldened again
if we do not assert ourselves in the midterm elections.

Or even worse, the "Perfect Storm" of midterm elections not going our way,
followed by another gun related massacre.

The "gun free zones" virtually guarantee the next massacre will be a high body
count, and the media will once again fill the airwaves with anti gun propaganda.

All pro 2nd Amendment organizations need to have a well thought out,
vetted plan for dealing with the anti's propaganda onslaught when the
next gun related massacre occurs.

Hopefully, the NRA will step up its game on countering this flood of anti gun
rhetoric that inundates us each time one of these horrific events occur.
Waiting one week before making any statement about these massacre's
just seems to play into the anti's "let's demonize the NRA" playbook.

Hiring people like Colion Noir will definitely help NRA with countering the lies
and distortions spewed forth by biased media and anti gun politicians after
these tragedies occur.

Noble

Has anyone seen the movie "Demolition Man", where they have a gun-free society. Only the bad guys have guns...even the police can't understand how to take on these bad guys. Well, in the movie we had the hero - Mr.Rambo take on the bad guys.... I guess Obama has a plan how we're going to take on the bad guys, when good guys have no guns to defend.......Has anyone asked him THAT question?
Old 03-24-2013, 7:08 AM
Veteran Member

If for some reason you don't think this isn't going to be a city by county by state by federal by international fight the rest of your life then you are fooling yourself.

The ups and downs of guns, ammo and parts notwithstanding.

"From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee." -Khan

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."-J.P.S.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF/EMT Nick View Post
I haven't paid more then $25 for a mag since this whole thing started. You just have to search hard for deals.
I've been able to find plenty of GI mags, albeit at high(er) prices. I picked a few IMI poly mags the other day as well.

Of course no PMags, but mags seem to relitively easy to find.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:18 AM
Banned

When I asked ppl what to invest in and they told me "guns and ammo", I did. And so did a lot of ppl.

So now is the time when the investment is worth it. This is WHY we invested in guns and ammo, for when everybody wanted them for higher prices.

I don't see the problem here. I haven't sold anything, but at least what I have has value instead of just being a hedge against inflation.

Prices will stay where they are as long as states keep enacting laws or politicians keep talking about it. Guns and ammo only devalued after Obama was first inaugurated in 2009 when guns weren't discussed for over a year.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Winger View Post
When I asked ppl what to invest in and they told me "guns and ammo", I did. And so did a lot of ppl.

So now is the time when the investment is worth it. This is WHY we invested in guns and ammo, for when everybody wanted them for higher prices.

I don't see the problem here. I haven't sold anything, but at least what I have has value instead of just being a hedge against inflation.

Prices will stay where they are as long as states keep enacting laws or politicians keep talking about it. Guns and ammo only devalued after Obama was first inaugurated in 2009 when guns weren't discussed for over a year.
Yup. I got rolling when Zero won re-election. And back then I thought I was playing catch up...

I even got a bunch of stuff the week after Sandy hook, low price, plenty of stock no problem.

I hope I planned accordingly, cause I think the ammo/components I have is going to have to last all year....
Old 03-24-2013, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanPedroShooter View Post
I've been able to find plenty of GI mags, albeit at high(er) prices.
Truth!

http://sgcusa.com/tax-refund-sale/dp...6-30round.html
Old 03-24-2013, 7:22 AM
Calguns Addict

The runs on guns, ammo, and mags will ease. All bubbles go through the sames phase because they have the same cause are tied to the emotions of fear and greed, supply and demand, and ROI and capital sources and investment alternatives. I beleive this one is near the peak and the speculators are getting nervous that a free-fall end is coming. Just be patient and don't take your eye off our state and federal legislators. I fear we'll need the courts in the PRK to stop anything Brown doesn't veto (if he vetoes anything at all this round).

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 03-24-2013 at 4:41 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 7:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Let me translate.

Quote:
"I didn't buy when I could so now I want to whine about the prices while I am trying to wait it out."

Demand is still high. When it drops off, and it will, the prices will normalize.

The question is, in California, can YOU wait for it to normalize before stupid laws get passed and implemented.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:14 PM

Looks like Obummer & Bloomberg are not ready to give up

http://www.buzzfeed.com/evanmcsan/ob...gun-control-fi
Old 03-28-2013, 8:06 PM
Calguns Addict

We are not out even close to being of the woods yet.
Old 03-28-2013, 8:40 PM

Your comparison of Feinstein to the Mummy is unfair and inaccurate!

The Mummy doesn't have nearly as many wrinkles as DiFi and certainly looks much younger than she does!