Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default 2017 AB 7, Gipson - now restricts open carry of long guns

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...d=201720180AB7

Amended:
Quote:
Existing law also prohibits, with certain exceptions, carrying an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun, such as a shotgun or rifle, while in an incorporated city or city and county but does not prohibit the carrying of an unloaded firearm other than a handgun in unincorporated areas of a county.

This bill would prohibit the carrying of, and make it a crime to carry, an unloaded firearm other than a handgun while in or upon a public place or public street within a prohibited area located within the unincorporated area of a county.
Quote:
(1) An incorporated city or city and county.
(2) A public place or public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated area of a county.
(b) (1) Except as specified in paragraph (2), a violation of this section is a misdemeanor.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-28-2017, 4:42 AM

Is this such a problem in unincorporated areas? Are people walking around with rifles on their backs with enough frequency to freak out the snowflakes in Compton? Someone should wash out Gipson's "Fiwthy mowve".

“Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I’m still alive.’ But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.” – Sen. Barbara Boxer

NRA Patron Member
Old 02-28-2017, 8:19 AM
Not a miracle worker

Next they define a "prohibited area" to be anywhere within 1,000 yards of a deer.

Said by yours truly to an audience of nodding IRS employees.
Old 02-28-2017, 9:58 AM
Calguns Addict

City telling country what to do again.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02-28-2017, 10:09 AM

So what this bill is saying is that if a post office or school is in the unincorporated part of a county, on public land then you cant carry an unloaded rifle there? Isnt that redundant of the "safe zone" ordinance/law? Its lack of defining "a prohibited area", yet being dependent upon said "prohibited areas" makes this law useless until someone makes a full retard law like what SimpleCountryActuary is suggesting.
Old 02-28-2017, 1:50 PM
Not a miracle worker

Default Once having gone full retard there's no going back

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokehammer View Post
So what this bill is saying is that if a post office or school is in the unincorporated part of a county, on public land then you cant carry an unloaded rifle there? Isnt that redundant of the "safe zone" ordinance/law? Its lack of defining "a prohibited area", yet being dependent upon said "prohibited areas" makes this law useless until someone makes a full retard law like what SimpleCountryActuary is suggesting.
I am not suggesting that they pass such a law nor do I think you are saying I do. But I will say that full retard is what they do best. They are intent on making the entirety of California into a prohibited area.

Said by yours truly to an audience of nodding IRS employees.
Old 02-28-2017, 1:59 PM
Calguns Addict

"Prohibited areas" at present are purely the contrivance of local ordinance set by county boards of supervisors. What we ought to expect is CaLeg to usurp the definition of prohibited areas, and set them awash in exemptions full of legal distinctions that make it impossible to hold an exposed firearm out doors for any casual or transient reason.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02-28-2017, 2:05 PM
Calguns Addict

I carried a musket from my neighbors house to mine. BAM. Misdemeanor.
Old 02-28-2017, 8:03 PM

Answer me this: how are LAW ABIDING citizens of this glorious state supposed even know all of these gun laws in order follow each and every one to remain law abiding? I know the answer, but seriously WTF.
Old 02-28-2017, 8:31 PM

So I'm standing in the Mohave desert in San Bernardino County, on a jeep trail with my rifle out to plink some cans. Now is this considered unincorporated area in a public place? WTF? I'm done being a good, law abiding citizen!!
Old 02-28-2017, 8:45 PM

Mike Gipson is a moron
http://www.guns.com/2017/02/24/firea...in-california/
Old 02-28-2017, 8:59 PM

Little by little, piece by piece, these Democrat fascists chip away at the rock of liberty. Until nothing is left but a few grains of sand on the ground.
And, like erosion, they intentionally do it at just slow enough a pace, so that neither side of the political spectrum even notices that it's occurring.

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Old 02-28-2017, 9:12 PM

Gipson again?

****ing CA voters keep these ignorant illiterate mother****ers in office...
Old 02-28-2017, 9:26 PM

Next they will simply outlaw all hunting in this state.(The anti-lead bullet law for the whole state was a veiled shot in that direction...)

And, don't think that they won't try and find a way to start shutting down shooting ranges. I can hardly wait for the first bill on THAT one.

They either want all the legally owned guns OUT of the state, or they want them destroyed. Or hidden away so they never see the light of day again. Funny how these same libs haven't even given a thought to the millions of guns that will stay behind, in the hands of criminals that are likely not even paying attention or even aware of all these laws. After all, what criminal cares about laws?

It's all part and parcel of the gun-hating liberals dream of a "Gun-Free Utopia in California". These insane freaks don't give a rat's a** what goes on outside the state, so long as they have created their dream of another Sweden or what-not. Remember, the majority of the Dems in the CA legislature would gladly secede, if they could.

When, if ever, is Trump or his A.G. going to lift even a pinky to give us a crumb of relief? Please don't tell me he can't do anything. He's the freeking President and Commander-in-Chief, for pete's sake.

San Diego County.

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
BLM land maps
Old 02-28-2017, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
Little by little, piece by piece, these Democrat fascists chip away at the rock of liberty. Until nothing is left but a few grains of sand on the ground.
And, like erosion, they intentionally do it at just slow enough a pace, so that neither side of the political spectrum even notices that it's occurring.
There is nothing more irritating than sand in all your crevasses though. Maybe we should be that sand grinding down on Gipson.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voit View Post
So I'm standing in the Mohave desert in San Bernardino County, on a jeep trail with my rifle out to plink some cans. Now is this considered unincorporated area in a public place? WTF? I'm done being a good, law abiding citizen!!
So are you going to be a bad, law abiding citizen, or a good, non-law abiding citizen?

And California says once again, "Because F*ck you and your guns!"
Old 03-01-2017, 11:30 AM

We often only get a single word change, or one or two sentences in these new bills. Gipson addresses this on his website with some concern over areas of unincorporated LA near Compton.

This local issue shouldn't be addressed by regulating rural unincorporated areas throughout the state.
Old 03-01-2017, 4:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1 View Post
We often only get a single word change, or one or two sentences in these new bills. Gipson addresses this on his website with some concern over areas of unincorporated LA near Compton.

This local issue shouldn't be addressed by regulating rural unincorporated areas throughout the state.
This is also why we have McCarty addressing local issuance of CCW in Sacramento county using state legislation. They are using 'issues' in their districts as a vehicle to advance their objectives.

Old 03-01-2017, 6:25 PM
Calguns Addict

No surprise. The majority of California voters hate guns and gun owners and wants to see them all in jail.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Democrats know they won't loose any voters if they pass anti-gun laws because of all the tards in this state. However, one way to get back is to make pot illegal or controlled again since it will really piss off all the people that vote for this Dem's just because of pot and, more importantly, the taxes are going to finance the liberal agenda. We should hit back where it hurts for them. Start making all kinds of lame restrictions on where you can have pot, and make crazy tracking requirements like they suggest for ammo, etc.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacholiver View Post
...Start making all kinds of lame restrictions on where you can have pot, and make crazy tracking requirements like they suggest for ammo, etc.
Or, and this might be crazy, just continue to acknowledge that it's illegal?

A.W.D.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:02 AM
AKA: Joe Censored

Hmm, I thought this was already banned a few years back. Was that only for handguns?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213 View Post
Hmm, I thought this was already banned a few years back. Was that only for handguns?
Quote:
(1) An incorporated city or city and county.
(2) A public place or public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated area of a county.
(1) was a couple years ago.

(2) is new with this bill
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-02-2017, 2:13 PM

This really doesn't change much at all. 1) if it was prohibited, it was always prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, at least by local ordinance. If it is NOT prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, then it's NOT prohibited, even with the new bill. The only difference I can see here is that it makes it a state crime in addition to being a local crime if it is a prohibited area. Which, it's a crime either way.

Yes/no?

Last edited by FISHNFRANK; 09-02-2017 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-02-2017, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
This really doesn't change much at all. 1) if it was prohibited, it was always prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, at least by local ordinance. If it is NOT prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, then it's NOT prohibited, even with the new bill. The only difference I can see here is that it makes it a state crime in addition to being a local crime if it is a prohibited area. Which, it's a crime either way.

Yes/no?
I expect a forthcoming gut and amend of this one to make it illegal to have an exposed firearm of any kind outside of a "licensed shooting range" or "designated hunting area." And the "designated hunting areas" will be restricted to legal hunting weapons during hunting season. So no lead ammo. Essentially end shooting on BLM land or backcountry ranges next.
Old 03-03-2017, 3:24 PM

The basic idea in this bill is that if you're out anywhere public, it needs to be in a locked case.

The current iteration of the bill adds: "26400. (a) A Except as otherwise provided in Section 26405"

One of the exemptions in 26405 is: "(c) When the firearm is either in a locked container or encased and it is being transported directly between places where a person is not prohibited from possessing that firearm and the course of travel shall include only those deviations between authorized locations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances."

There are other exemptions in that section, including lawful hunting, etc..

Might be worth reading so everyone is updated.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...r=7.&article=2.
Old 03-08-2017, 7:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
I carried a musket from my neighbors house to mine. BAM. Misdemeanor.
How exactly am I supposed to "BEAR" my musket if I'm not allowed to take it out into public anywhere?

Fighter Pilot
Old 03-08-2017, 7:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
How exactly am I supposed to "BEAR" my musket if I'm not allowed to take it out into public anywhere?
You need to bow down to The Man and lick his feet and beg for his blessing.
Old 03-08-2017, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markinsac View Post
The basic idea in this bill is that if you're out anywhere public, it needs to be in a locked case.

The current iteration of the bill adds: "26400. (a) A Except as otherwise provided in Section 26405"

One of the exemptions in 26405 is: "(c) When the firearm is either in a locked container or encased and it is being transported directly between places where a person is not prohibited from possessing that firearm and the course of travel shall include only those deviations between authorized locations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances."

There are other exemptions in that section, including lawful hunting, etc..

Might be worth reading so everyone is updated.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...r=7.&article=2.
So some people will go featureless instead of RAW, then this law will pass, and they will be just as screwed but without real furniture.
Old 03-08-2017, 8:12 PM

Once again, it is time for those of you who voted for ANY Democrat, to realize the error of your ways and promise to repent.

Let's get this straight: California Democrats are anti-gun. Do you understand? Do not vote for Democrats. How long does it take for everyone to realize this?

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 03-08-2017, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
You need to bow down to The Man and lick his feet and beg for his blessing.
You won't need to bow down, because his jackboot will be stepping on your face, forever.
Old 03-22-2017, 2:57 AM

Default AB-7 - Banning Open Carry of Long Guns in Unincoporated Areas?

It looks like AB-7 has progressed through one committee and is on it's way to another. In brief, this bill would extend the ban on open-carrying such that open carry of long guns would now also be prohibited in unincorporated areas.

(Mods - There's probably already another thread on AB-7, but I didn't find it after searching. If there is, please feel free to delete this one and PM me as to where it is. Thanks.)

Regarding Life and Death:
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b
Old 03-22-2017, 8:29 AM
Banned

This is just another reason the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is part of the Second Amendment.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM

Uhhhh, is this bill from the same Super Tard who thinks that a bullet button turns an AR15 into a machine gun?

San Diego County.

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
BLM land maps
Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
Uhhhh, is this bill from the same Super Tard who thinks that a bullet button turns an AR15 into a machine gun?
Yep, same one.

https://youtu.be/s3xeDKfykrE

People should contact the ATF by sending them the link and ask for a response. We don't want to violate Federal law if the claims Gipson makes are true.

Wouldn't hurt to send the link to USAG Session's office as well.
Old 03-22-2017, 7:15 PM

Those of you who expressed some comfort that Gov. Moonbeam would veto some bills last year (he did veto one or two), were misguided. Many awful bills were happily signed into law by Moonbeam.

It will be the same this year. Do not look to Moonbeam for relief. He's a liberal.

And, I repeat myself: if you continue voting for Democrats in this state, you will get more anti-gun laws each and every year.

P.S. just found out Los Angeles declared itself a sanctuary city and prohibited all city employees from cooperating with Federal authorities.

But that's off topic.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 03-22-2017, 7:33 PM

But I reiterate....
This really doesn't change much at all. 1) if it was prohibited, it was always prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, at least by local ordinance. If it is NOT prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, then it's NOT prohibited, even with the new bill. It just adds a state penalty on top
Old 03-22-2017, 7:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblv View Post
Answer me this: how are LAW ABIDING citizens of this glorious state supposed even know all of these gun laws in order follow each and every one to remain law abiding? I know the answer, but seriously WTF.
you're not supposed to know them all. that is the point. there are too many, too many complex and extremely poorly written laws to entrap you in. That is the goal of this state to make you a criminal of a law you never ever heard of.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-22-2017, 7:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
Those of you who expressed some comfort that Gov. Moonbeam would veto some bills last year (he did veto one or two), were misguided. Many awful bills were happily signed into law by Moonbeam.

It will be the sameworse this year. Do not look to Moonbeam for relief. He's a liberal.

And, I repeat myself: if you continue voting for Democrats in this state, you will get more anti-gun laws each and every year.

P.S. just found out Los Angeles declared itself a sanctuary city and prohibited all city employees from cooperating with Federal authorities.

But that's off topic.

FIFY

He's gonna F*** us before he leaves office. When Newsom wins he will royally F*** us more.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-22-2017, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
But I reiterate....
This really doesn't change much at all. 1) if it was prohibited, it was always prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, at least by local ordinance. If it is NOT prohibited, even in an unincorporated area, then it's NOT prohibited, even with the new bill. It just adds a state penalty on top
Umm... I'm not sure that is correct. I believe it does make a substantial change.

For instance, at my house it is prohibited to discharge a firearm, but open carry of a long gun is NOT currently prohibited.

This bill would change things such that open carry of a long gun on my property would now be a misdemeanor.

Regarding Life and Death:
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b