Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Howie View Post
How do I get some lawn signs for my residence,link please or someone PM me.
I need to promote this Man and make my neighbors aware that he is running for Sherriff
I PMed you.
Old 05-07-2014, 2:02 PM

Stan Sniff has said that having a CCW or right to bear arms is a legal privilege and not a right. Court decisions have said otherwise. He says he does not want people such as KKK members to have them. As much as we might dislike the bigoted opinions of those likes, they do in fact have a first amendment right to voice them. Say a CCW applicant has voiced their opinion supporting or opposing gay marriage, immigration reform, the ACA, abortion, etc. What if the person who was issuing permits thought the applicant's position not illegal, but was immoral? According to Sniff, they should not be allowed to have the same right that those with other opinions have. By simply exercising their first amendment right, they are not allowed their second amendment right.

I find it mind boggling that a newspaper could turn its head to something like this. Would it be the same thing if this were applied to journalists and the first amendment? Let's try a scenario. What if in order to publish articles you had to have a POL (Public Opinion License). If the person issuing this license did not have the same views as the journalist, thinking they were immoral, they would not approve the license. Sniff would say the journalist would be allowed to have those opinions at home, but not in public. This is reasonable, and in the public interest. How might it play out if the journalist had a POL, and was critical of the Sheriff in an article, or voiced opinions they did not agree with, would they have their license revoked or not renewed? At what point does it stop, would the Sheriff have to approve all articles before being published? Again, only to be reasonable, and for the public interest.

The role of law enforcement is not to cast moral judgement, but to enforce the law and uphold the constitution. The Sheriff should not be allowed to violate our second amendment rights in the same way he is not allowed to violate the first, fourth, fifth, and all the others. Sniff seems to think that he does not need to uphold ALL of the constitution, for ALL of the people. There are many instances where members of law enforcement, the military, and others have made statements along the lines of "I might not agree with or like what you have to say, but I will stand and fight for your right to say it." If he were a true leader, then Sniff would do the same. Instead, he picks and chooses what he likes about our freedoms, and doles out permissions only when he sees fit. This un-American attitude and Stan Sniff is not what our community deserves. We need to change this with the election of Chad Bianco.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 05-07-2014, 2:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Amen brotha!
Old 05-07-2014, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgts1 View Post
I PMed you.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2014, 9:20 PM

Well said!
Old 05-11-2014, 4:39 AM

Well, let's hope the NRA make an informed decision on who to endorse.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO View Post
Riverside county Paramedic here, Ive been saying this for over a decade. Mr. Bianco has my vote.

Nailed it.
Old 11-09-2018, 4:33 PM

Hopefully my vote goes to help our situation here in Riv County