Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2018, 7:50 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

Default KS47 parts?

Any word on when you'll have KS47 lowers back in stock again? I've got one that I love and would like to get another, and another complete rifle upper to go with it. They've been out of stock for a LONG time.
Old 07-24-2018, 2:59 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

PSA? Anything?
Old 07-24-2018, 3:03 PM
Veteran Member

Same here... been waiting for a stripped KS47 upper for close to a year.
Old 07-31-2018, 8:00 PM

I think this line is dead for PSA.

Too many reliability problems, issues, initially allot of returns till they stopped accepting that or accepting warranty work (every breakage was from customer abuse not rifle defect) so they killed the initial interest/run up of purchases through this type of customer service.

Have you folks had any issues?
Mine had issues with weight put on the magazine causing failures to feed.

I did the screw mod to prevent over insertion and that helped a whole lot.

Also getting the round count over 300 also helped improve reliability.

If I did this over again I would get the CMMG or the other two models based upon AR10 parts. A bit heavier but you do not worry about when the bolt lugs will crack and sheer off. Just like those other multi-caliber guns made in the 80's based upon the AR15 bolt in 30 caliber (the Daewo 350 round bolt to breakage being the most famous) and even todays AR47's are too unreliable. The PSA bolt is proprietary so you can not just swap one out for a cheap ar47 bolt but if before you break yours you use it as a model to file and grind an AR47 bolt (mostly bottom two lug areas) I have heard that this does work. The proprietary longer firing pin can be made from a standard one where the collar is filed down to allow it to go into the bolt more.

I really wanted a spare magazine release so that I could cut it down to fit a standard AK47 bullet button. I have a home made contraption bullet button on mine right now.

It is a good looking light weight rifle and would be a kick arse short barrel rifle.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Mine had issues with weight put on the magazine causing failures to feed.
This is a design flaw with the receiver. If you put "weight on the magazine" (i.e. using the magazine as a bench rest monopod) then the kind of issue you reported is the result.

ks47 magazine over-insertion fix.

The screw-mod you mention is the way to go on this.

IMHO this is something PSA could have addressed and had a great little rifle. Instead, they opted to just throw in the towel.

Glad I got my lower when I did. I will probably stop waiting at some point and just mill out an upper to accommodate the AK mag width. That'll leave the upper pretty thin in a couple spots, but as it doesn't bear any stress to speak of in those locations it should be fine. I might even aluminum-weld (more like brazing or soldering really) some reinforcement on there if I feel it's warranted, then re-anodize. Hey, it's a project and I'll be the only kid on my street with one just like it.
Old 08-18-2018, 9:38 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

I initially had some stuck case problems with mine. After firing, it would fail to eject, and the case would be lightly stuck in the chamber. I did the 'ol bubba 40 call mop with polishing compound on it in a handheld drill trick for a few minutes and have not had a problem since. I've used mine with a poly mags, chinese mags, a korean drum mag, and some random unmarked steel mags, and had no problems. The croatian mags PSA sold a while back don't function well.

It would be nice if PSA would actually TELL us they were not planning on doing another run of parts, and take the things off their website if that's the case. I'd love to buy another upper and BCG and other small parts for spares, but get sick of checking in occasionally with no responses.