Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-20-2018, 4:00 PM

Default WAKE UP, SUTTER COUNTY!

It's election time, and we're going to get a new Sheriff.

Here are the candidates and their CCW-related statements:
---------------

Jeff Pierce (Current Sutter County Undersheriff)
http://www.jeffpiercesheriff.com/issues
"DEFEND 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS.
I have stood up for our 2nd Amendment rights — and I always will. As Undersheriff, I have pushed to process CCW applications faster & expand permits to allow more than just 3 firearms. As Sheriff, I will work to create an open-permit that lets you include all of your firearms."

---------------
Dennis Hauck (Current Yuba City police Sergeant)
https://www.hauck4sheriff.com/the-issues
"Streamline concealed weapon permitting (CCW) to a ‘Right to Carry’ platform."

---------------
Brandon Barnes (Current Yuba County Sheriff's Captain)
https://www.barnes4sheriff.com/plan
"Concealed Carry Weapon Permits (CCWs)
◦Self-defense is not just your constitutional right; I believe it’s your responsibility
I will continue to issue CCW permits as per Sheriff Parker’s current policy to anyone who can successfully pass the background check and training requirements"

...and his previous statement...

"I Support the Second Amendment
-The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. As a member of law enforcement, I am sworn to support and defend the laws of both the State and Federal Governments. As a gun owner, I fully understand the need to carry a concealed firearm to protect myself and my family. In my experience the majority of those who lawfully carry concealed firearms are good, hardworking members of our community.
-As Sheriff, I will continue to support the Second Amendment right of those law-abiding citizens who successfully pass a Department of Justice clearance and have a reasonable need for personal protection."
Old 05-01-2018, 7:52 PM

I'm passing this along.
There will be a public meeting with the candidates for Sheriff tomorrow evening, 2 May, at the Civic Center in Yuba City at 7pm (The forum starts at 6pm with Sutter County DA candidates). The topic of CCW issuance is supposed to be brought up by an attendee.

http://yubasutter.chamberofcommerce....eventid=284811
Yuba City Council Chambers
1201 Civic Center Blvd
Yuba City, CA 95993

I'm not sure I will be able to attend. If anyone goes, please report the proceedings here in case I'm not able to.

If you're looking to start the CCW process, or are wanting to keep your own, study the candidates. The future of CCW in Sutter County may be in the balance.

Last edited by leadchucker; 05-01-2018 at 9:46 PM..
Old 06-03-2018, 8:23 PM

Here are the NRA and CRPA ratings.....
(NR = ?)

Jeff Pierce : NRA B+, CRPA A

Dennis Hauck : NRA NR, CRPA A

Brandon Barnes: Apparently didn't bother to respond to either
Old 06-06-2018, 8:58 PM

And, so, Brandon Barnes is the new Sheriff. Congratulations to him. He put a lot of time and effort into his campaign. Hope and pray he understands the Second Amendment, and means it when he says he supports it, and the people he serves.