Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 03-18-2020, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
Maybe if you read up a bit you'd figure out the simple fact that the Test Kits took time to develop and Bill Gates is selling them right now. How could they have known what to test if they didn't have advanced notice of what was coming? that's a big DUH !!! He probably has a vaccine in the works as well, and it probably won't be cheap..

Also why would he fund an Infectious Disease Laboratory in China anyway? Plenty he could do here, but we would have already found out. Maybe since he is one of the kooks that think the world can only sustain 5 Billion People! We're about 2.5 Bil past that right now. How do you think they will crunch the numbers??? Starvation, War, Virus, Plague? All options are on the table when you are talking Billionaires like Gates and Bloomberg

More going on here and lets face it the timing is a little suspect, why was everything hunky dory for the last 3 years and now all of a sudden the country is in peril? Do you actually think that the Chinese would rather have Trump than Biden??? They already control Biden and his son. Duh!!!

They have thrown the world into chaos, and this country is suffering big time and you think it's all cuz of Hungry people eating Ant Eaters?

This was planned and the plan is working.

Have you seen the run on gun stores that is happening? People are scared and doing something like this is the only way they could beat Trump,,, Except it ain't gonna work!

Like I said the OP needs to get trained! Then he'll understand the gun.
Randy
Trump will win in 2020. I agree this entire thing from the WHO to all european governments was deliberately overblown to the extreme in an attempt to hurt Trump's reelection bid. The democrats are sick and pathetic. They want to destroy this country so they can get another democrat piece of sh+-- in office.
Old 03-18-2020, 7:27 PM

I have 2 early imported HK marked Benelli M1 super 90 shotguns (imported in 1989 +/-). I bought both of them several years ago from my police department when we switched back to the 870s.

Both were 20 inch tactical models, pistol grips, rifle sights and 7 round factory mag tubes and they have marks and dings from being stored in the vehicle eletro-locks for 20+ years.

I left one original and I converted one to a duck/dove gun.

I love both of them and they just simply work all the time. If needed, I would buy another Benelli in a heartbeat.
Certified Polygraph Examiner. I provide services for Criminal and Civil Litigation, Private Businesses, Law Enforcement/Fire Pre-Employment screening, Fidelity Concerns, and other types of Family Disputes.

http://ToThePointPolygraph.com
Old 03-18-2020, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over It View Post
Chrome lined barrel on Benellis.
Who knew? see reply #5
Old 03-18-2020, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk94044 View Post
A Benelli sister for half price would be the Franchi Affinity 3.
Those sisters are NOT the same quality. The Franchi sister is a bit off. Saw a Franchi receiver break beyond repair. Bad metal on that one.
Old 03-18-2020, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
Maybe if you read up a bit you'd figure out the simple fact that the Test Kits took time to develop and Bill Gates is selling them right now. How could they have known what to test if they didn't have advanced notice of what was coming? that's a big DUH !!! He probably has a vaccine in the works as well, and it probably won't be cheap..

Also why would he fund an Infectious Disease Laboratory in China anyway? Plenty he could do here, but we would have already found out. Maybe since he is one of the kooks that think the world can only sustain 5 Billion People! We're about 2.5 Bil past that right now. How do you think they will crunch the numbers??? Starvation, War, Virus, Plague? All options are on the table when you are talking Billionaires like Gates and Bloomberg, but they gotta get the guns first before they can bring this country down. and they are working day and night on that one and have been for years.
More going on here and lets face it the timing is a little suspect, why was everything hunky dory for the last 3 years and now all of a sudden the country is in peril? Do you actually think that the Chinese would rather have Trump than Biden??? They already control Biden and his son. Duh!!!

They have thrown the world into chaos, and this country is suffering big time and you think it's all cuz of Hungry people eating Ant Eaters?

This was planned and the plan is working.

Have you seen the run on gun stores that is happening? People are scared and doing something like this is the only way they could beat Trump,,, Except it ain't gonna work!

Like I said the OP needs to get trained! Then he'll understand the gun.
Randy
Provide me a source for all of your claims, then I might take your claims seriously. Otherwise this just looks like you're piling heaps upon heaps of aluminum foil onto your already too-thick tin foil hat.

The test kits were already available from the WHO, developed in Germany. Why wouldn't we want to use the same one? Instead the CDC opted to forego the use of the widely distributed and effective test kits, and was determined to make their own. When they delivered them in February they were defective! By your logic I could easily say that the US Government is sabotaging its own country by purposefully releasing defective test kits. But I'd have no proof of this wild claim, and like what you are doing, it's just conspiracy theorizing and inventing conclusions that you've already accepted as fact without supporting evidence - only assumptions.

Also, our country is not the ONLY one suffering big time. We weren't the target of some kind of biological attack like you might think, because if we were we would be ground zero, not China. Look how SARS started in 2003 - bats! So yes it's highly probably that all of this started because of some unsavory food practices in China. Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...o-cases-2020-3

Also, what run on gun stores are you talking about? The fact that people are flocking to gun stores to buy them? What's that have to do about trying to beat Trump?
Old 03-19-2020, 9:36 AM
Calguns Addict

When I was growing up, my friends mostly had single shot shotguns, but I had saved up to buy a Winchester Super X Model 1. I never had a malfunction and neither did my friends. I have now switched to a Benelli M2, and I have not had any malfunctions.

I think a lot of Benelli's reputation is in marketing. Benelli does a good job of showing that they are always innovative and that their shotguns perform, but for a couple hundred dollars less you can have a Remington 870 that will shoot every time too.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:32 AM

Benelli is one of the four big B's of shotguns: Benelli, Beretta, Bernardelli, Browning.

My first autoloading shotgun was a new Remington 11-87, its gas system ate up O-rings like no other.

So I sold it to buy a used Benelli M1 Super 90. It was a great shotgun for shooting heavier loads, but it wouldn't reliably cycle light target loads. I don't blame it, it just was never designed for that.

So I sold that as well and got a Beretta 3901 Target RL, and that was an even better shotgun than the Benelli: same level of design and machining, plus nice wood stocks and a gold plated trigger. I sold that in a moment of weakness (brokeness) that I now regret.

I now have a Mossberg 930 JM that I don't love, but it's also not worth enough money to sell. Well maybe right NOW it is... Who wants to buy it for $15,000 so I can get a Krieghoff or Perazzi later?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Reliability and longevity.

Benellis and Berettas are great shotguns. Liking my Remington V3 but don’t know about longevity yet since have less than a case through it.
Old 03-19-2020, 3:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Provide me a source for all of your claims, then I might take your claims seriously. Otherwise this just looks like you're piling heaps upon heaps of aluminum foil onto your already too-thick tin foil hat.

The test kits were already available from the WHO, developed in Germany. Why wouldn't we want to use the same one? Instead the CDC opted to forego the use of the widely distributed and effective test kits, and was determined to make their own. When they delivered them in February they were defective! By your logic I could easily say that the US Government is sabotaging its own country by purposefully releasing defective test kits. But I'd have no proof of this wild claim, and like what you are doing, it's just conspiracy theorizing and inventing conclusions that you've already accepted as fact without supporting evidence - only assumptions.

Also, our country is not the ONLY one suffering big time. We weren't the target of some kind of biological attack like you might think, because if we were we would be ground zero, not China. Look how SARS started in 2003 - bats! So yes it's highly probably that all of this started because of some unsavory food practices in China. Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...o-cases-2020-3

Also, what run on gun stores are you talking about? The fact that people are flocking to gun stores to buy them? What's that have to do about trying to beat Trump?
I'll give you one direct reliable source and you can google others and sort out who are the reliable sources.

https://www.tierneyrealnewsnetwork.c...he-wuhan-virus

You can verify most everything talked about in that post including the Gates Obama Documentary which came out in December warning about this very thing by simple google searches. All the donations by the Gates Foundation are BPI (Broad Public Issue) as was the Harvard Professor who was funneling Virus Tech to the Chinese, as well as the Chinese who were working at the NIH and were expelled and now work in Wuhan and took the large part of their research with them. All covered on Fox News and nowhere else.

Now the fake news is calling Trump a Racist for calling the virus the "Chinese Corona Virus." ON TV today! Who's side are they on?

Attacking this President for his response is tantamount to Treason! IMHO

This "Pandemic" has killed 150+ in the US. Over 18,000 have died of the Flu in the last 3 months! Corona kind of over blown ? DUH!!!

Now if I find that these guys are just another bunch of Q Posters I will go after them just like I did with the Original Q Poster. I wanted him strung up but it was a long drive to Fairbanks AK! But he ain't around any more.

As far as the run on gun stores it is a product of people being scared has nothing to do with Trump or the election. Two of my favorite places in Ventura and Camarillo are cleaned out!

Here's a link to a video on Utube about a Big Las Vegas Gun Store we visit when in LV. It is cleaned out now and this vid was from last week.. https://youtu.be/Risbi82nr0k

I think you'll see a big swing to the Right as this situation unfolds. People are sick of left wing BS on TV and the airwaves and newspapers. Most people can compare the Numbers of Corona vs Flu and see that they are seriously over blown..

If you're still cornfused,,, You'll just have to live with it.

Randy

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-19-2020 at 3:52 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
I lusted after a M1 Super90 Tactical for TWENTY YEARS, before I finally got a safe queen in '09 (only had 50 rds. through it!). The difference between this, and my Mossberg 500, is like the difference between a Lincoln TownCar and a Yugo - it really is that much BETTER shooting.
My yugo has broken more birds than my towncar lol
Old 03-20-2020, 8:42 AM

I have both the 870 express and the Benelli M4. Both really good guns. I sent my 870 to Vang Comp for the full tactical upgrade. I've taken both to tactical shotgun courses and this is what I noticed:

870 will shoot anything without issue, including lighter loads like low recoil slugs and bird shot.
My M4 will have a few cycling issues with lighter loads.
870 will function with little lubrication, the M4 needs to run wet.
More felt recoil on the M4.
Fit and finish on M4 is superior to the 870
Of course you can send rounds down range faster with the M4 vs the pump.

I liked this analogy from one of the instructors at the course:
The 870 is like the cute chubby girl when you were in high school who you would hang out with and always have a good time. The M4 is the hot girl you want to hang out with. She's a little high maintenance and a bit crazy but also fun.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATEWA View Post
Reliability and longevity.

Benellis and Berettas are great shotguns. Liking my Remington V3 but don’t know about longevity yet since have less than a case through it.
Regarding longevity, there are people who are firing Civil War era firearms. Any modern day firearm, will last a couple of lifetimes.
Old 03-20-2020, 1:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
Regarding longevity, there are people who are firing Civil War era firearms. Any modern day firearm, will last a couple of lifetimes.
Even KelTecs?

-- Michael
Old 03-20-2020, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDL View Post
The 870 is like the cute chubby girl when you were in high school who you would hang out with and always have a good time. The M4 is the hot girl you want to hang out with. She's a little high maintenance and a bit crazy but also fun.
Being left handed, I had a Mossy 500, and now a 1014, but same idea.

That line(!), is some straight up genius right there. I just, totally, love that line. OMFG, that, is, great!

Last edited by sfarchitect; 03-20-2020 at 5:07 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 3:40 PM
Veteran Member

I have a Benelli M1-Super90 that refuses to feed or chamber properly. Seems is is a common problem for this model.

I have a Remington 870 wingmaster police and it is rock solid, always has been.

I have a Saiga 12 that is now 100% reliable but it took some work and the right gas plug to get it there.

Of the bunch, I will grab the 870 11 times out of 10 amd wouldn’t even consider the Benelli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
Old 03-20-2020, 4:00 PM

for pump duty, I'll take my belgian fn tps!

no nonsense, get down to business gun..

not the chubby girl or prom queen, more like the girls soccer team captain

posing with the m4 before pinning, pesky compliance

Old 03-20-2020, 4:25 PM

I dunno, I wasn't going to comment here but it is not in my DNA to keep my mouth shut. I know very little about the Benelli guns, I have never even shot one. But two guys who shoot as guests a couple of times each year in our four man duck blind shoot Benelli's. Seems like every time they come, at least once or twice, those guns go "click" instead of "boom". We give our guests the first shot, and it seems like the guns always pick the time when a fat greenhead is low and slow over the decoys to do the click.

I am not here to compare the guns, but I shoot a 20ga 1187. Got it new at a DU Dinner raffle early 1990's. It is the econo "Sportsman". Never would have picked it to buy, but it became my favorite. I have shot it a ton. I would speculate that, especially since I retired 12 years ago, I spend more time waterfowl hunting than most anybody else on this forum. The little Remington has been through every inch of that mud, blood, and beer with me. The finish quickly became 100% oil rubbed rust, I have replaced a few parts over the years, and I do carry a couple of spare O-rings in my pack, but it ain't never gone "click" instead of "boom". But then, I married that fun cute chubby high school girl some 46 years ago and I am still with her. And she is still fun.

OP, the military use of shotguns by US forces goes back a long way. If your curious you might, for example, take a look at this write up on the Winchester 1897:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1897

As Will Rogers once said:
"Everyone is ignorant, only in different subjects."
Old 03-20-2020, 4:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I own quite a few Benelli's. They only click when there's no shell chambered.
Old 03-20-2020, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
I own quite a few Benelli's. They only click when there's no shell chambered.
Mine does the same thing. I think the warranty covers it?
Old 03-20-2020, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post
I have a Benelli M1-Super90 that refuses to feed or chamber properly. Seems is is a common problem for this model.
My experience has been the exact opposite.

My Super 90 has only choked on target reloads.
“Unless a law-abiding individual has a firearm for his or her own defense, the police typically arrive after it is too late. With rigor mortis setting in, they mark and bag the evidence, interview bystanders, and draw a chalk outline on the ground. But the victim, nevertheless, is dead, or raped, or robbed, or traumatized.” ......
“The Second Amendment does not exist to protect the right to bear down pillows and foam baseball bats.”
—————————————————-
The Honorable Roger T. Benitez
Old 03-20-2020, 4:58 PM

I've got 2200+ (yes, I keep a spreadsheet) through my M1014. I've run it wet, dry, (intentionally and not) dropped it in dirt, one serious mud puddle, and sand. I've never, ever had a FTF. I've had FTE's. But even then, only with the little shorties, the manual of arms plainly states, will not cycle the action.

The Mossy 500 predates my OCD spreadsheets by decades. But I've had some FTF's and FTE's with that too. But they are crazy rare or, the weapon was unambiguously filthy. I did once intentionally run it to failure. To be clear, that took some time.

Last edited by sfarchitect; 03-20-2020 at 5:03 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 5:07 PM

Bailey, sounds like you may be hosting some novice hobby hunters.. especially if they continue experiencing repeat failures..

sooo, just as mentioned by Nick above, just what were the nature of failures experienced by your benelli packing guests?
Old 03-20-2020, 5:18 PM

What are you asking for? A lot of the replies here went straight to semi-auto's; not a good comparison. Like Apples to bananas.

If you compare pump to pump, the price difference isn't that big. different pumps wont have major differences in recoil or accuracy. More comfortable? That comes down to fit; it really depends on the shotgun and the shooter. Wrangler Cowboy Cut are great. They fit a lot of people, but not all. Same with shotguns.

If you move to semi-auto, the price goes up on all the brands. Benelli, Winchester, Remington etc. For recoil, a gas gun will have less recoil. The Remington 1100 is a very soft shooter, as is the Winchester SX semi-auto series.

I've shot Benelli at the skeet range. I like the fit and feel of the my Rem 1100, and the Winchester SX's that I have shot better. Nothing wrong with the Benelli; just didn't fit me.

People talk about the Beretta and Browning O/U; usually one or the other fits a person, but not both(not always). Kind of the same thing. Don't go by brand, go by what is comfortable for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
I have an 870 Express. I see very expensive shotguns like Benelli and wonder what really makes them better. My 870 has never malfunctioned, but I don't shoot clay competitively or shoot it a lot so I don't know.

What makes those expensive guns worth buying? Do they have less recoil? Are they more accurate? More comfortable? Is it something you would only notice if you shot a lot?

Thank you.
Old 03-20-2020, 5:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike51392 View Post
My yugo has broken more birds than my towncar lol
LOLzzzzz. I have to vouch for this guy! His point is spot on and I have actually watched him break clays with a 500 once before.

I will also join him by saying when I've shot my Mossberg 500 AND Rem 870 they both break clays nearly as well as the Benelli supersport I mentioned earlier. HOWEVER I will say that the supersport is very comfortable for me and since I don't have to pump it after every shot, my left hand doesn't get tired after shooting 100-150 clays at a time on a tournament.

Last edited by fecalguns; 03-21-2020 at 11:34 AM..
Old 03-20-2020, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Bailey, sounds like you may be hosting some novice hobby hunters.. especially if they continue experiencing repeat failures..

sooo, just as mentioned by Nick above, just what were the nature of failures experienced by your benelli packing guests?
Well, they have been hunting their whole lives, but they are a couple of old fuds... If I had to guess I think they need to sharpen their semi-auto bolt closing skills. But these guys are not the only ones with this issue:

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/vie...p?f=3&t=466416

Old 03-20-2020, 7:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBailey View Post
Well, they have been hunting their whole lives, but they are a couple of old fuds... If I had to guess I think they need to sharpen their semi-auto bolt closing skills. But these guys are not the only ones with this issue:

IDK? Did you read that thread?

First post.

There’s a lot of noise going round on this board about the Benelli click so I thought I’d try to see how big a problem it is. When using your Benelli under actual hunting or target shooting conditions, as opposed to trying to purposely force it to occur, how often have you experienced the so called “dreaded” Benelli Click? I had it happen one time trying to sneak the bolt closed on a pothole stalk in North Dakota chasing some ducks. I quickly learned you can use your finger tip to assist rotating the bolt head to sneak the bolt home if needed. Or ride it home slow but let it snap just a bit and check it to make sure. Other than that one time it never happens and I have one of the original M1 Super 90 imported by H and K. For me it’s a non issue but then again I don’t have “buddies” that like to fawkaround and pull bolts out of battery when you are not looking.
Old 03-20-2020, 8:08 PM

Quote:

well I won't argue with you but I don't know any experienced shooters/hunters that keep bringing the same failure to the party
Old 03-20-2020, 8:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I have an 870 Express. I see very expensive shotguns like Benelli and wonder what really makes them better. My 870 has never malfunctioned, but I don't shoot clay competitively or shoot it a lot so I don't know.

What makes those expensive guns worth buying? Do they have less recoil? Are they more accurate? More comfortable? Is it something you would only notice if you shot a lot?

Thank you.
The Benelli semi autos are are extremely reliable and their ultralight models are the lightest weight shotguns.

All the Inertia guns are reliable so if you're not good with the price of the Benelli you can get the same engineering in the stoeger M3000 and M3020. Stoeger is owned by Benelli. The stoegers are excellent and cost only a little more than the 870.

I bought a M3020 several years ago and it worked so well that I bought two more and sold off my other shotguns.

Now that I'm spoiled by these guns I would never buy another 870 or 500.
Old 03-20-2020, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
IDK? Did you read that thread?

First post.

There’s a lot of noise going round on this board about the Benelli click so I thought I’d try to see how big a problem it is. When using your Benelli under actual hunting or target shooting conditions, as opposed to trying to purposely force it to occur, how often have you experienced the so called “dreaded” Benelli Click? I had it happen one time trying to sneak the bolt closed on a pothole stalk in North Dakota chasing some ducks. I quickly learned you can use your finger tip to assist rotating the bolt head to sneak the bolt home if needed. Or ride it home slow but let it snap just a bit and check it to make sure. Other than that one time it never happens and I have one of the original M1 Super 90 imported by H and K. For me it’s a non issue but then again I don’t have “buddies” that like to fawkaround and pull bolts out of battery when you are not looking.

Yes, I did read through the thread. Most of the posters say they didn't have a problem, a few said they did. I was more looking at the poll where roughly 50% of the respondents say they have had one or more events, a few say they have had several. Now a "poll" of a mere 57 voluntary subscribers doesn't prove much one way or the other, other than perhaps, as I said, the guys I hunted with are not the only folks with click experience.

Old 03-21-2020, 7:29 AM

Quote:
well I won't argue with you but I don't know any experienced shooters/hunters that keep bringing the same failure to the party
I couldn't agree more. These guys are closer to 80 years old than 70. Old dog, new tricks?

Old 03-21-2020, 7:46 AM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. These guys are closer to 80 years old than 70. Old dog, new tricks?
LoL, maybe all this time they don't really like duck
Old 03-21-2020, 9:26 AM

I clean a Benelli for our yard supervisor before duck season and besides a bore brush I use a rag to clean the internals its that easy to clean, I do use a q tip to get into the tight spots.

Let's pray for Obama Psalm 109:8

Old 03-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I didn't know Marines used shotguns! I thought it was just a rifle and sidearm. Thanks for that info. Excuse my ignorance, but when would a shotgun be used and who carries it? Don't most Marines carry a rifle? Do all Marines also train on shotguns too?
Marines used the Mossberg 590 series of shotgun and the Benelli M4 for a variety of reasons. Breaching doors being one of them. The 590's are kept in service do to some units having to do riot control. the semi auto shotguns have difficulty cycling low powered non lethal rounds. so the pump guns get that job. Various jobs like military police, FAST Co's, and O351's use shotguns. Or, you unit may just say youre using the shotgun.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:18 AM
Banned

Glad this thread got hijacked in a different direction.

You can't compare a Benelli M4 to an 870 or M500, they are different types of guns.

I is also impossible to empirically Compare Benelli's to Beretta's unless the same guy does all the shooting and that shooting must be exhaustive and by firing thousands of rounds during the test.

The Italians make better shotguns than we do, and they have been doing it for 500 years. They also make really nice cars, and let's face it, their women can be spectacular. They didn't get that way by being stupid. They got that way by hundreds of years of product evolution.

Every year at the SHOT Show Perrazzi brings the same Matched Set of 4 o/u shotguns. .410,28,20,12 ga. They have an @$500k price tag on them for the set.

I asked about them being their most expensive guns. The guy laughed at me and said,(with a thick Italian accent) you Americans never see the good stuff over here, It all goes to Royalty and Rich people in Europe. And You wouldn't appreciate it even if you did see it!

It is nothing for them to sell a gun for over $500K and nobody even asks the price, cuz if you have to ask you can't afford it. But what you are paying for is Pure Perfection in Mechanical Art which will outlast its owners thruout several generations or hundreds of years. The English do it too.

The valley where Beretta and Benelli are located is home to literally hundreds of Craftsmen who are among the best on this planet. Most of the obscure gun makers we've never heard of, and probably never will because they don't waste their time on us Generic Gun users. We are the dirt beneath them.

It's only Arrogance if you can't back it up with results! And they can!

All guns will malfunction. That's why they teach Malfunction Clearances in Firearms training schools.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:20 AM

Isn't the 11-87 an update 1100?

I've shot a few thousand rounds thru my 1100. I got it used; on my initial tear down and cleaning I replaced the o-ring with one from McMaster-Carr. Never an issue.

That 11-87 must have had a burr or something that was causing an issue; that does not sound "normal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykan View Post
My first autoloading shotgun was a new Remington 11-87, its gas system ate up O-rings like no other.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Along with my Browning, Benelli and Berettas, my 50 some year old Winchester 1200 never fails

Trump mimics people with narcissistic personality disorder, long-term pattern of abnormal behavior, exaggerated with feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy as he awaits the enthronement.

Often hard to tell the difference between the bots, the convicts, and the meshugas.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
for pump duty, I'll take my belgian fn tps!

no nonsense, get down to business gun..

not the chubby girl or prom queen, more like the girls soccer team captain

That must weigh around 10 pounds??
Old 03-21-2020, 6:46 PM

Default Indestructible

I beat the crap out of my M4 and it always works flawlessly. Fun to shoot and ideal for home protection.
Old 03-21-2020, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post
That must weigh around 10 pounds??
been a while since I shot it but don't recall it being overly heavy.. and likewise along with rigid butt plate, kicks pretty good..

wiki shows it at 6lbs with collapsible stock, mine has a c-more added but that's only a few ounces I suspect..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_TPS

Old 03-22-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
]

What's that optic you have on the FN?