Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDL View Post
What's that optic you have on the FN?
Looks like one of these...

My page...Give me some feedback.
Old 03-22-2020, 5:50 PM

Quote:
What's that optic you have on the FN?
sorry I don't have the exact model handy and that shotgun is buried right now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
Looks like one of these...
thank you! that's either it or very close.. not sure which dot but it's decent size for short distance shotgun work..
Old 03-22-2020, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
sorry I don't have the exact model handy and that shotgun is buried right now..

thank you! that's either it or very close.. not sure which dot but it's decent size for short distance shotgun work..
Buried in a tragic dozer accident!
Old 03-23-2020, 7:06 AM

Here's some pics of the chubby girl (870):

The hot chick (M4):

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2336.jpg (94.3 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2337.jpg (95.4 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2327.jpg (95.3 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2332.jpg (95.2 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by LDL; 03-23-2020 at 7:10 AM..
Old 03-23-2020, 8:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
Regarding longevity, there are people who are firing Civil War era firearms. Any modern day firearm, will last a couple of lifetimes.
I was thinking more of the shotgun being reliable for long periods of time, not the shotgun lasting a couple of lifetimes. Like the Montefeltro and M2 field when I hunt in Mexico. Own and hunt with Berettas and Remingtons.
Old 03-23-2020, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATEWA View Post
I was thinking more of the shotgun being reliable for long periods of time, not the shotgun lasting a couple of lifetimes. Like the Montefeltro and M2 field when I hunt in Mexico. Own and hunt with Berettas and Remingtons.
How hard is it to get hunting guns and ammo in Mexico? I thought ammo was illegal, let alone guns.

Just interested because I've never met anyone who hunts in Mexico.
Old 03-23-2020, 8:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBailey View Post
Well, they have been hunting their whole lives, but they are a couple of old fuds... If I had to guess I think they need to sharpen their semi-auto bolt closing skills. But these guys are not the only ones with this issue:

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/vie...p?f=3&t=466416
Went turkey hunting with a friend last year. I have it on video - 2 clicks and the third shot got the jake. Hes a very experienced hunter and amateur dog trainer. Benelli m2 field, left handed version. He said hes had that problem before.

Not sure if its user error, ammo and/or gun related.
Old 03-23-2020, 8:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
How hard is it to get hunting guns and ammo in Mexico? I thought ammo was illegal, let alone guns.

Just interested because I've never met anyone who hunts in Mexico.
Its difficult for them to get shotguns, ammo and parts. There is a military store in Mexico City (think that was the location) where he must go to purchase everything. They are only allowed certain calibers down there - believe .38 super was the largest handgun caliber. We used to take our own shotguns down there but it was such a hassle (both in the US and Mexico) that we started renting their guns. Same with our Argentina hunt - we rented their Benellis.

Agree with whoever posted about shotgun fit. When the Vinci came out, I tried that out on a hunt and in its stock configuration, did not fit me. Im a taller guy and usually bring a slip on recoil pad with me to lengthen the lop and provide some comfort. Last year, I shot the Montefeltro (20 gauge). Couple of old timers will only hunt with a 20 now. Softer recoil and lighter. You just have to let the birds get a little closer.
Old 03-23-2020, 8:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Went turkey hunting with a friend last year. I have it on video - 2 clicks and the third shot got the jake. Hes a very experienced hunter and amateur dog trainer. Benelli m2 field, left handed version. He said hes had that problem before.

Not sure if its user error, ammo and/or gun related.
I'd like to see that vid.
Old 03-23-2020, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
me too, curious how it clicks twice.. without cycling??
Old 03-23-2020, 8:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
me too, curious how it clicks twice.. without cycling??
Click, he racked in a new shell, click. He racked in his third shell and boom.
Old 03-23-2020, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Send me a pm with cell number and Ill send it to you.
Old 03-23-2020, 9:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

The hot chick (M4):

Was the 870 built by Hans Vang?

Randy
Old 03-23-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
Was the 870 built by Hans Vang?

Randy
Yes, good eye!

Last edited by LDL; 03-23-2020 at 2:44 PM..
Old 03-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecalguns View Post
I practice 3 days a week and shoot competitions on the weekends. Every few months I go out of state and shoot an event which can require a minimum of 500 rounds depending on how many competitions I enter during that event. When I practice I will typically shoot 200 rounds a day.
Did you happen to shoot in the Az Tournament at Ben Avery earlier this month? Friend of mine shot AA class, took 3rd. Dylan S. out of Idaho Falls. Ever shoot with him? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:08 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Quote:
Click, he racked in a new shell, click. He racked in his third shell and boom.
It may be the dreaded bolt closure of death. I shot a M1S90 for years and sometimes the bolt doesn't lock up fully even though it appears closed. The bolt has a rotating head (not sure what the actual terms are) and if the head doesn't rotate up when the bolt is closed it won't fire. I shoot a SX3 now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
Old 03-23-2020, 1:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstater View Post
Did you happen to shoot in the Az Tournament at Ben Avery earlier this month? Friend of mine shot AA class, took 3rd. Dylan S. out of Idaho Falls. Ever shoot with him? Thanks.
I didn't shoot the state championship. I shot the world super sport there in February. I got 7th in Class B main, 3rd in Prelims.

I don't think I've shot with him yet, I was shooting with Joseph Mayerchik in AA. Mayerchik is now in M Class. I'll keep an eye out for Dylan at upcoming events at Ben Avery. I know I'll be there for Fiocchi Cup.
Old 03-23-2020, 1:54 PM

I've hunted with Benelli's in marshes, desert silt, you name it. I'll never use another brand of shotgun. I've had one fail to fire and that was after three days of dusk to dawn jump shooting in silty conditions with no maintenance of any kind. I slapped the side, the bolt closed, dead bird. I'm the designated handy guy and I've fixed about every make and model for a friend in the field, but never had to touch Benelli. They are utterly reliable. They only time they become a PITA is when someone loads a shell in backwards or tries to shoot it upside down. LOL
Old 03-24-2020, 6:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I didn't shoot the state championship. I shot the world super sport there in February. I got 7th in Class B main, 3rd in Prelims.

I don't think I've shot with him yet, I was shooting with Joseph Mayerchik in AA. Mayerchik is now in M Class. I'll keep an eye out for Dylan at upcoming events at Ben Avery. I know I'll be there for Fiocchi Cup.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check with Dylan about the Fiocchi Cup. Pretty sure he'll be there.
Old 03-24-2020, 7:22 AM

Quote:
If you're talking about the M4, it uses the same chokes as the Nova/SuperNova line.
That may be true now, but trying to get factory chokes for a M1 or M2, especially when H&K was distributing them, that was a 12-16 week wait and a serious premium. Chokes were like $50 each in the mid-'80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnWnMe View Post
The Marines didn't adopt an inertia recoil operated Benelli.
For some reason, I remember someone telling me the M4 used the same system as an M1/M2.
Obviously, that is incorrect.
Unless a law-abiding individual has a firearm for his or her own defense, the police typically arrive after it is too late. With rigor mortis setting in, they mark and bag the evidence, interview bystanders, and draw a chalk outline on the ground. But the victim, nevertheless, is dead, or raped, or robbed, or traumatized. ......
The Second Amendment does not exist to protect the right to bear down pillows and foam baseball bats.
-
The Honorable Roger T. Benitez
Old 03-24-2020, 9:24 AM
Banned

LDL: All my Defensive Shotguns have the Vang Comp Process done to the barrels and I'm about to send another one off for the treatment as well. M500's and Browning A5

Yes it does make the gun easier to shoot extensively, and yes it does close the patterns up dramatically. Well worth the cost.

Tell us how your 870 shoots, so others can benefit .

Have you gone to Front Sight Shotguns Classes? They know about the Vang Comp process and all the shotgun instructors have shot mine, and can tell the difference.

Good looking gun!

Randy
Old 03-25-2020, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
LDL: All my Defensive Shotguns have the Vang Comp Process done to the barrels and I'm about to send another one off for the treatment as well. M500's and Browning A5

Yes it does make the gun easier to shoot extensively, and yes it does close the patterns up dramatically. Well worth the cost.

Tell us how your 870 shoots, so others can benefit .

Have you gone to Front Sight Shotguns Classes? They know about the Vang Comp process and all the shotgun instructors have shot mine, and can tell the difference.

Good looking gun!

Randy
Agreed, a Vang Comp shotgun is much easier to shoot. I sent in my 870 for the full tactical upgrade. Less felt recoil, and tighter patterns with target loads and buck shot. Target acquisition is much faster with the ghost ring sights compared to the bead on the barrel. The action was much smoother after they sent it back.

I haven't taken the Front Sight Shotgun classes. I did take the ITTS shotgun classes and several instructors over there recommended the Vang Comp upgrade for the reasons mentioned. Before LAPD SWAT switched to Benelli, they were using the Vang Comp 870s. The upgrades were pricey but worth it.

Last edited by LDL; 03-25-2020 at 7:31 AM..
Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
I have an 870 Express. I see very expensive shotguns like Benelli and wonder what really makes them better. My 870 has never malfunctioned, but I don't shoot clay competitively or shoot it a lot so I don't know.

What makes those expensive guns worth buying? Do they have less recoil? Are they more accurate? More comfortable? Is it something you would only notice if you shot a lot?

Thank you.
Is a Ferrari "better" than a Corvette?
Old 03-25-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pofoo View Post
Is a Ferrari "better" than a Corvette?
If you're rich and can throw away 20,000 dollars whenever you need an oil change, I suppose it's better...
Old 03-25-2020, 3:37 PM

Quote:

That's 1 chick I'd like to BANG - the only problem with this chubby chick is she likes to bite my thumb when I try to feed her
Old 03-25-2020, 3:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Save a job and buy american you commie jerks...

Your Euro friends laugh at you...

Benelli is over priced
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-25-2020, 4:06 PM

Quote:
LOLzzzzz. I have to vouch for this guy! His point is spot on and I have actually watched him break clays with a 500 once before.

I will also join him by saying when I've shot my Mossberg 500 AND Rem 870 they both break clays nearly as well as the Benelli supersport I mentioned earlier. HOWEVER I will say that the supersport is very comfortable for me and since I don't have to pump it after every shot, my left hand doesn't get tired after shooting 100-150 clays at a time on a tournament.
Kind words cant wait to shoot again, quarantine day 6 and I already went up a bra size lol I cant stop eating and to top it off my 4year old daughter just opened up a make up kit given to her and she already setup an appointment for me nails and toes she says - I'm gonna be the hottest tranny at moore n moore
Old 03-25-2020, 6:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike51392 View Post
That's 1 chick I'd like to BANG - the only problem with this chubby chick is she likes to bite my thumb when I try to feed her
You're not holding your mouth right. ER shells right. Also you can deburr the lifter and it won't catch on your thumb nail as easily.

This is how you hold the shells,,, and I don't have a pic of feeding the magazine but it works the same way as port loading . Your fingers guide the shell up under the lifter and then your thumb rotates around to push it home. Takes some practice but easy enough to do.

Randy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100464665.JPG (65.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 100464667.jpg (39.5 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-25-2020 at 6:58 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 6:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike51392 View Post
Kind words cant wait to shoot again, quarantine day 6 and I already went up a bra size lol I cant stop eating and to top it off my 4year old daughter just opened up a make up kit given to her and she already setup an appointment for me nails and toes she says - I'm gonna be the hottest tranny at moore n moore
Can't wait for the next event!