Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-22-2021, 5:37 AM

Default Los Angeles

Good luck on the interview! let us know how it goes
Iím still waiting for my call from lasd for an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jbjr01; 04-22-2021 at 5:41 AM..
Old 04-22-2021, 6:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo The Apache View Post
All of the above applies to me as well. I was reluctant to believe it was a legit solicitation from LASD. Anyway, I have a 10am appt today in Chatsworth to interview with a BI. If anyone’s interested to know on my experiences afterwards with the process, PM me. Wish me luck gunners, and you as well
I am similar. I previously email LASD about Torrance, told need denial letter. Applied to Torrance spent 200 plus (still waiting for denial letter). Then heard about policy change, emailed LASD they reopened my application. Had interview last week in Chatsworth, had to do another live scan. currently waiting for results
Old 04-22-2021, 9:02 AM

question to those that have ccw, section 7 question #3 about substance/alcohol use. did you disclose any cannabis use?
Old 04-22-2021, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianescobal84 View Post
question to those that have ccw, section 7 question #3 about substance/alcohol use. did you disclose any cannabis use?
I suggest honesty. Yes, it may jeopardize your chances, but if they discover that you withheld information, that's going to be a straight out denial.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 04-22-2021, 10:14 AM

ummm where is Paladin..
Old 04-22-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
ummm where is Paladin..
Lots of talk but no real answers....
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1712310
Old 04-22-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
I am similar. I previously email LASD about Torrance, told need denial letter. Applied to Torrance spent 200 plus (still waiting for denial letter). Then heard about policy change, emailed LASD they reopened my application. Had interview last week in Chatsworth, had to do another live scan. currently waiting for results
Wait did they tell you to do another live scan at the end of the interview or did you have to wait for a approval/denial decision from higher ups to continue with getting live scanned? I was told at the conclusion of the interview to wait for a decision (4-6 weeks via email) before I proceed.

Welcome to Kalifornia - A unconstitutional state where opinions trump over facts, "gun laws are too lax" & "you can't haves, unless it's taxed."
Old 04-22-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Wait did they tell you to do another live scan at the end of the interview or did you have to wait for a approval/denial decision from higher ups to continue with getting live scanned? I was told at the conclusion of the interview to wait for a decision (4-6 weeks via email) before I proceed.
Sounds like your case might have to be further reviewed. I was told to get my live scan at the end of the interview as well. He even told me go ahead with the training since I have a CCW from Arizona so I should pass the live scan without issue.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sheriff deputy required a new live scan which goes to there department. Torrance live scan will only go to Torrance PD.

I was told to start live scan and take class after interview. Guess you should follow whatever the deputy told you.

Last edited by stevie; 04-22-2021 at 2:12 PM..
Old 04-22-2021, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, after the interview they give you a live scan form and tell you to get it completed.
Old 04-22-2021, 1:46 PM

Hey Guys,

On 4/6 I was contacted to do training and submit the paperwork. Same day I did training and submitted. I haven’t heard anything, should I follow up?
Old 04-22-2021, 2:09 PM

Getting ready to finalize my GC statement I was curious if anyone can chime in on their experience in regard to writing about only one cause or multiple causes?

An example would be using occupation only or occupation and recreational reasons?

My question to those is, would it be better to focus only on the one cause? Or just elaborate on all my causes?