Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

Default 870 Buyers Remorse...

I have the 870 in jail along with a Marlin 795 that I picked up earlier today. I went in to get a Mossberg 590, but they had none. No surprise, I haven't found one locally in stock, when I did they were asking way too much.

Well, I had already planned on falling back on a 870 Tactical if I failed to find a 590 under $500 again, the 870's seemed to be everywhere. So I did the paperwork and paid for it, along with the Marlin on an impulse buy.

I almost walked right out after paying, but decided to walk over and look at cheap scopes for my newly acquired Marlin. It was then that I see, 4 guns deep on the rack, behind 3 cheapo shotguns, what looks to be a 590. Mostly bare, with just an ugly heatshield on it. I asked to see it, and sure enough, it was a 590.

No tag on it, so I don't know exactly which model, and I could tell he felt really bad when I realized what it was. To be honest, he was pretty inept at the entire process, obviously completely new to the whole thing, and it was the longest experience I ever had buying a gun. When I asked if they had any 590's he looked nervous, and started checking tags. I noticed he even checked a couple rifles. I also had to ask the guy to see the gun I was buying, every other place I have been has done that without question. I was tired of being there to the point of feeling annoyed and like I was just trying to remain polite. He was a nice guy, and I really didn't want to be a dick, but I was rather irritated, and I felt like I just needed to leave. True or not, that is still all an excuse. I had my chance to do something about it when I noticed the 590 and had him hand it to me. I could tell he would have made it right, he felt badly for it, but chose my comfort and the quick and "easy" route instead.

But then, all I can think about on that way home is that 590... Grrr... I hate myself.

Are they able to amend my purchase so I can avoid paying another $25 for a second background check on the same transaction? Or is every BC tied to each specific weapon/transaction?

If I can get away without paying the background check twice, I'd like to try it out. Anyone had any experience with this kind of thing? If I can, do I do it ASAP, or can I wait until the pick up date?

If it's a huge hassle, I'll just live with the 870 (for now) I guess, but the whole thing has me rather annoyed. It is MY fault, for being lazy, and not just taking care of it right then I suppose...

Last edited by Dizturbed One; 02-10-2013 at 10:16 PM..