Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 05-27-2017, 4:15 PM

Default Anyone have any experience with this?

Chiappa clone of a Marlin 39....

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...TAKEDOWN+22+LR

Old 05-27-2017, 6:03 PM

Location: I am located in PA , so forgive me if I am not current on all the CA ways of doing things....

I do NOT. However having experienced CHIAPPA firearms in general ..... I'd be willing to bet ... they use the word "clone" very loosely. Aside from that , it may be worth or close to worth , the asking price. Who knows...........
Old 05-27-2017, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

My Chiappa/Citadel 9mm M1 Carbine clone sucked hard. I'd go with a real Marlin even if you have to save up for it.
Old 05-27-2017, 7:51 PM
Kitchen Operator
CGN Contributor

There are a lot of differences between the Chiappa clones quality wise. I don't doubt the above post at all regarding their 9mm M1 Carbine.

On the other hand I recently wanted to purchase a Winchester 1892 clone and I picked up the Chiappa version over the modern Winchester (Miroku) version. I've had my share of Rossi '92's, and while all of mine have worked well (but sometimes with only select ammo), I wanted a '92 which had a built-in overall higher quality of machining and fit/finish.

Unfortunately the modern Winchesters have become "lawyered up" with extra safeties, rebounding hammers, multi-piece firing pins, etc. The Armi-Sport Chiappa '92 gave me the desired level fit/finish, nice wood, nice machining and pretty true historical accuracy (especially what you can see) with modern metallurgy.

Bottom line - As far as Chiappa replicas go, there are major differences between the different guns they produce, and you almost have to check it out physically to know whether it is one of their "good" clones or not.

Sorry, number 3 response to your question... which really doesn't answer your question. But I kind of just wanted to say not to count all Chiappas out.
Old 05-27-2017, 8:14 PM
Veteran Member

I do not either. However, unless you need a takedown, (and it looks like that's what you're looking for), on the same Bud's page is the Henry Golden Boy 22LR for $407. I'd pay the few extra bucks for the Henry. You can't go wrong there.
Old 05-27-2017, 8:21 PM
Veteran Member

That's interesting that they call it a take-down; easy take apart yes (all you need is a penny or nickel to loosen the single big screw) but the firing pin falls right out of the bolt and the extractor could too with a little more bouncing around. If you put two halves in a back pack I'd put the bolt in a zip lock bag to make sure everything stays in the bag. I've had a Marlin 39 for over 40 years and dozens of bricks of 22LR thru it and still shoots smooth and accurate - so no fear about quality or value of a true 39.
Old 05-27-2017, 8:43 PM

Love my Golden 39a, great shooter. The action is smooth as butter.