Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Free Professional Firearms Training Video Online: http://firearms.atactv.com/

This site is so impressive it should probably be a sticky.

They have many other "Channels" than just firearms. But being a gun guy it was the firearms section that caught my attention.

They have several firearms "Categories" including but not limited to 1911 Basic Training, Glock Basic Training, M16 Basic Training, etc.

Inside each category is a video covering all the things you would learn in a $2500 4 Day Training Course....and it is FREE!!! The main difference is at a 4 Day course the instructors and your fellow students watch you like a hawk and help you fine tune your technique. So obviously taking a course in person has obvious advantages. However, if you do not have the money or time to take a course and simply need to bone up, or even if you are a newbie and you want to get a head start on the proper and safe way to handle your firearm this website will help you get up to speed.

Having taken courses from several of the big name schools I can tell you everything you learn in the course is here, and the instructors and methods taught are about as good as you will get. I've seen a lot of videos that teach some questionable things. After watching several of the videos on this site there is nothing that jumps out at me and makes me say, "No! Not that way!".

That said. There are more than one of doing things. This is just "a way" and not "the only way". For example, Isolose and Chapman fans will probably gripe because the instructors on this site favor the Modified Weaver. Remember sluggers, it is FREE!!! So beggars cannot be choosers. Plus it is a 50/50 split amongst professionals as to which method is best. So lets not turn this into the old "my way is better and everything else sucks" debate. Instead, focus on the fact that we now have a tool available to us...and it costs us nothing!

After all, we all have buddies who simply refuse to take the time or money to attend a class. Maybe they are intimdated. Maybe they are just cheap. Now they have ZERO excuse not to learn proper firearms manipulation and techniques. It's free, they can watch it anywhere or anytime they like. This is top notch training and they are just giving it away!

http://firearms.atactv.com/

FYI: I have no connection with this site. I do not know anyone associated with it. I just discovered it online by accident and was impressed with it. That is not to say someday in the future I might not become a sponsor. I like to contribute to the success of things I find helpful.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 05-26-2011 at 11:04 AM..
Old 05-26-2011, 11:51 AM

+1. I've been visiting ATAC TV since last summer and I usually go there often. I recently registered for the Leo/Mil training site. As stated above, it is free and you may learn a thing or two.
Old 05-31-2011, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

good videos thanks for posting
Old 05-31-2011, 8:06 PM

Thanks for posting!
"The warrior doesn't switch that off. He tones it down based on the threat, but he's still alert and prepared. He constantly thinks and evaluates what he is doing so he can outsmart the opposition all the time - Matt Larsen"
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 PM

Very informative! Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 1:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

They have added all kinds of new Weapon System Specific Courses since I first made this post.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Every couple of months I like to bring this thread back to life so the new guys know they have a great free resource to learn how to use those fancy guns collecting dust in their safe.

Lots of new sections and videos added. Very useful site.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 04-05-2012 at 4:00 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

Good stuff.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 04-07-2012, 6:14 PM

FYI: If you're the least bit interested in what Mossbergman looks like, check out atactv shotgun that's me doing the instruction.
It's a great site and the crew of atactv are professional. I'm glad they are now free (used to be subscription site).
Thanks for the post...free is my favorite price.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 04-07-2012, 6:14 PM

FYI: If you're the least bit interested in what Mossbergman looks like, check out atactv shotgun that's me doing the instruction.
It's a great site and the crew of atactv are professional. I'm glad they are now free (used to be subscription site).
Thanks for the post...free is my favorite price.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM

Free is good!