Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 06-06-2018, 4:06 PM

Default Viridian C5L green laser/tac light

BAnyone have experience with these? I just purchased one for my XD-S 45 3.3 inch and it appears to secure well. The green laser is very bight, even during that day I could see on most surfaces at 50 ft. However one time I had the laser disappear w/ tac light on, switched off and on and still disappeared after a few seconds. I switched modes to light and laser strobe and it hasn't happened since...I have not yet had a chance to zero and shoot with it. Does anyone have any personal info or thoughts? Ive been looking for an IWB holster with the ECR (enhance combat readiness) feature but have only found the Galco Stow-n-go model STO698B supposed for the XD-S w/ Viriadian. There was absolutley no way the laser was going to fit low enough for the trigger to seat all the way in the holster. Anyone know of where I can get an IWB holster for ecr feature?

Last edited by aceman2224; 06-06-2018 at 4:14 PM..
Old 06-14-2018, 7:54 PM

I have the Veridian C5L green mounted to a HK P30L with about 1500/2000 rounds thru it. No issues at all and nothing like what you described. I originally purchased the veridian for a sig 226 and got one of their tacloc holsters, (belt clip, not iwb). Interestingly enough, the holster was easily modified for the p30L so i kept it.

Fwiw... i find shooting with laser only to be less accurate. Ive practiced with it more and more lately and have become mire cosistant with center of mass targets but i dont think i would rely on it.

Good luck finding a iwb holseter for your gun and that laser. You likley will have to have to have a custom kydex or leather holster made.