Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 10-10-2019, 8:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

12v invertors suck mine pooped out just running a tv for 4 hours

i need a generator only for the fridge was having fun listening to am on my solar radio
Old 10-11-2019, 1:52 AM

Baby Wipes are commodity.
Old 10-11-2019, 4:46 AM

Gonna to jump in here as a flat lander.
I have flashlights, batteries and 4 barrels of water stored just in case.
We never park a car with less than a 1/4 tank of gas, because.

We both have a "get home bag" in our cars with a portable battery pack for cellphones.

About 6 weeks ago, power went out and my phone blew up with neighbors calling or texting to ask why I have power.
I have about 14 flashlights and lanterns in a 3000 sq ft house. From outside it looks like my lights are on.

Two days later, neighbors are coming over to ask.
What should they have, how often do I check the batteries, where I di pit them. Why do I have candles and flashlights.

I am willing to bet, next power outage is rinse and repeat of that 1 hr event.

Some people understand stuff happens. Others think it only happens in the mountains, desert or really rural areas........

Stay safe.
Plan for you and yours.
And put your gear on a monthly reminder to check batteries, cycle out stored water and fuel........
Old 10-11-2019, 7:21 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Killer View Post
Can you provide a utility contract that does? Look at your power bill. Does it say anywhere that they are liable for power outages. If they were donít you think they would already of been sued. Power goes out all the time. The only difference is we at least got a heads up.

Additionally electricity is not a right. Pge does not have to connect you to the grid. They own the lines. They can do what they want.

Pge at any time can decide that the power lines in some areas are to much liabilities and decide to cut people off permanently. So letís not piss them off to much.
So your answer is no, you cannot provide evidence there is no contract between PG&E and its customers.

I would argue there is a contract and PG&E has breached that contract by purposely shutting off power.

A contract has five (5) basic elements:
1) Offer
2) Acceptance
3) Lawful object
4) Consideration
5) Competent parties.

"I'll paint your fence for $100 dollars" (Offer & Lawful object)

"OK I'll pay you $100 to paint my fence." (Acceptance & Consideration)

Unless the two parties are minors or otherwise incompetent, that's a contract.

PG&E offers it customers electric service and its customers allow them to install a meter. PG&E sends a bill every month and the customer pays it.
This continues until PG&E willfully shuts off power.

That's a breach of an established contract.
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Old 10-11-2019, 9:15 AM
Veteran Member

I have learned that not matter how many times I tell the people I’m friends with here to be prepared they don’t ****ing listen and are not ready, then asked me to help them Get through whatever particular situations is Happening at the Moment.
Old 10-11-2019, 9:23 AM
Veteran Member

Topped off All battery banks n electronics. Even the cars

We lost Internet and cable but still have power so I’m playing DVDs. the only thing I need to do is buy some newer dvd for the kids. Like PJ mask/tots

I am listing to the ham radio

Last edited by KrisDSA; 10-11-2019 at 9:27 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDSA View Post
I have learned that not matter how many times I tell the people Iím friends with here to be prepared they donít ****ing listen and are not ready, then asked me to help them Get through whatever particular situations is Happening at the Moment.
You can lead a horse to water, but they can still find a way to drown themselves.

The type of "friends" you mention are all too common to those of us that prepare for emergency events. I call them situational leaches. Under certain circumstances they turn into free loaders. I have the discipline to say NO. I have before and will again.

I'm prepared to give charity and have done so many times, but I decide what and how much.
Basic give away kit could be a pint of water/person, #10 can of beans, plastic bowls, spoons and a roll of TP. Or variations on that theme.

This day and age people should NOT be so helpless. No excuses.

You write like you have your hsit together. Good man.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

ďI didnít know I was a slave until I found out I couldnít do the things I wanted.Ē
Ė Frederick Douglass --
Old 10-11-2019, 1:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
Check up on your parents and older relatives to make sure their flashlight they had sitting in the drawer for 5 years unused, is actually operational. My mom had some D battery maglites with cells that had a use by date of 2009. Don't know why it didn't leak already.
I'm in good shape for food water and light. I have a generator and multiple methods to cook food. We didn't lose power in this event, but most of the nearby areas are still out.

My sister up in Eureka was completely unprepared. No stored water, very little food. Electric range, no BBQ or camp stove. She and her husband spent hours trying to get a new Coleman electric lantern to work. They bought it in 2011 at Costco, but had never taken it out of the box.

She claims she had new batteries for it, but they couldn't figure it out.

No light, no heat, eating chips and cookies. It sounds like they were pretty miserable.

Last edited by Dutch3; 10-11-2019 at 1:30 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 2:48 PM

I am in San Jose and was in one of the areas without power for 16 hours total.
Day 1 was warnings, Day 2 starting at midnight was the actual power shutdown.

Lack of power was NOT a big deal, had the water been shut down, the statement would be different!

1) Biggest issue was lack of organization on my part. LOTS of stuff resulted in lots of digging through boxes.

2) Flashlights. Shockingly about half the assorted flashlights I had, broke or were inoperable. I have a Fenix AA powered flashlight that I cannot get open to change batteries. I have Eneloop AA batteries but if you can't open the flashlight, you've got a problem. Other flashlights that looked good had plastic component failures..

3) Your small 10 to 20 W, solar recharger/panels are a reflection of electronics at that point in time. Some connector and output options on my solar were bloody obsolete. I could recharge by MP3 player and that's it. Get solar panels with USB output connectors. (My Anker worked as it had USB output therefore I had numerous output connector options.. Goal Zero didn't work for connector flexibility.)

4) For low end Goal Zero Solar, panels optimally connect to a battery storage for more flexibility unless you want to only buy Goal Zero equipment. A 150 Watt storage unit is $200.. You are buying a 'package' and stuck with the limitations of that package.

5) Finding some odd ball USB power connectors needs to be addressed. I have the connectors but too many moves within the house. Example, I have solar lanterns I put in the sun. I could have hooked up the solar lanterns to a Anker lithium battery but was missing the correct USB power connector.

Some people bailed from the neighbor hood. When the power goes down for longer periods over far broader areas of CA, they will have missed the opportunity to learn.

This week and future weekends will be spent organizing.

I have two different propane/butane stoves for food cooking. One stove utilizes a butane canister (and the other is a std. Coleman 2 burner propane stove.) Had to explain to my wife, if the power goes down in the dead of winter for 5 days, having a dozen, 8 oz. butane canisters may not be sufficient!

People don't necessarily extrapolate impact of a power shutdown on a fair autumn day to the cold of February.

Last items and perhaps the most critical, anytime we get winds over 45 mph, PG$E will shut the power down at will. PG$E has declared that extended power shutdowns will be pretty damn common in the winter. Not sure that part of the message has sunk in yet.

ETA: Police Helicopter showed up in the neighborhood after 15 hours without power. Normally, the police helicopter is rarely out here except for winter evenings...

Last edited by bv141; 10-11-2019 at 2:55 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 2:49 PM

I saw a woman on TV, maybe 300 lbs, all tatted up buying water at the last min. They interviewed her and you could immediately tell she wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. She claimed, “you know, I heard about it, but I didn’t really believe it. But then everybody was out buying stuff and you just can’t help but run out and follow them!!”

I knew this... in my head. But to see it in action. Some people are literally too stupid to save themselves. Imagine if this was a hurricane, or post earthquake, or major disaster?! Millions would die from sheer stupidity.

I feel sheepish sometimes about telling people that I have months worth of food/water/supplies... I usually don’t for security reasons of course, but even very close friends, some very intelligent people I know are maybe what 7-10 days from their own death due to simple lack of storing a couple weeks of food and water and emergency supplies?

It’s baffling to me.

Needless to say my project today has been to organize some of my ****. I wasn’t affected at all but it’s time to organize, rotate and throw away old stuff.

Last edited by skilletboy; 10-11-2019 at 2:51 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 2:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bv141 View Post
I am in San Jose and was in one of the areas without power for 16 hours total.
Day 1 was warnings, Day 2 starting at midnight was the actual power shutdown.

Lack of power was NOT a big deal, had the water been shut down, the statement would be different!

1) Biggest issue was lack of organization on my part. LOTS of stuff resulted in lots of digging through boxes.

2) Flashlights. Shockingly about half the assorted flashlights I had, broke or were inoperable. I have a Fenix AA powered flashlight that I cannot get open to change batteries. I have Eneloop AA batteries but if you can't open the flashlight, you've got a problem. Other flashlights that looked good had plastic component failures..

3) Your small 10 to 20 W, solar recharger/panels are a reflection of electronics at that point in time. Some connector and output options on my solar were bloody obsolete. I could recharge by MP3 player and that's it. Get solar panels with USB output connectors. (My Anker worked as it had USB output therefore I had numerous output connector options.. Goal Zero didn't work for connector flexibility.)

4) For low end Goal Zero Solar, panels optimally connect to a battery storage for more flexibility unless you want to only buy Goal Zero equipment. A 150 Watt storage unit is $200.. You are buying a 'package' and stuck with the limitations of that package.

5) Finding some odd ball USB power connectors needs to be addressed. I have the connectors but too many moves within the house. Example, I have solar lanterns I put in the sun. I could have hooked up the solar lanterns to a Anker lithium battery but was missing the correct USB power connector.

Some people bailed from the neighbor hood. When the power goes down for longer periods over far broader areas of CA, they will have missed the opportunity to learn.

This week and future weekends will be spent organizing.

Last items and perhaps the most critical, anytime we get winds over 45 mph, PG$E will shut the power down at will. PG$E has declared that extended power shutdowns will be pretty damn common in the winter. Nt sure that part of the message has sunk in yet.

I have two different propane/butane stoves for food cooking. One stove utilizes a butane canister (and the other is a std. Coleman s2 burner stove.) Had to explain to my wife, if the power goes down in the dead of winter, having a dozen, 8 oz. butane canisters may not be sufficient!

People don't necessarily extrapolate impact of a power shutdown on a fair autumn day to the cold of February.

Will need to think about winter heating options (and I think I have one already.)
Where in San Jose. No power shutoff over by my house Leigh and 85

Old 10-11-2019, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH 7.62 View Post
Where in San Jose. No power shutoff over by my house Leigh and 85
South of you, Almaden Valley.
Old 10-11-2019, 3:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riprap View Post
What has PG&E outage taught you?
1. That people can sue and blame everyone else for their loss, even acts of God.
2. Donít live in a tinderbox and expect fire NOT to burn everything down one day.

ďPay attention. Iím educating you and Iím using small words.Ē -Mark Levin

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 10-11-2019, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
1. That people can sue and blame everyone else for their loss, even acts of God.
2. Donít live in a tinderbox and expect fire NOT to burn everything down one day.
Not trying to be argumentative, but where else in the USA do they shutdown power to 800,000 for 45 mile per hour winds?

We have hurricane force winds for decades and never ran into this problem. If you take the money designated for maintenance and spend it on expensive executives, then you will have maintenance problems in the future.

These aren't 'Act of God', this is classic failure to plan (and pocketing the maintenance funds.)
Old 10-11-2019, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bv141 View Post
These aren't 'Act of God', this is classic failure to plan (and pocketing the maintenance funds.)
Nope! No way! I don't believe it! That would be wrong.

I owe FP something.
Old 10-11-2019, 4:36 PM

i applaud everyone who was prepared and survived but PG&E had no right to do a shut down after forcing a monopoly on us for all of these years. What happens when the real bad weather arrives AND we get serious winds, rain, and trees down. It is bad enough on a good year but having PG&E do this after all of their lies and the PUC covering up for them thanks to suspected bribes and gifts to politicians. why aren't the citizens demanding that this company be broken up and the union contracts be voided plus jailing the PUC for not doing their jobs? Once again people suck it up and whine and move on to the next disaster and we wonder why they are continuing to pass bad gun laws knowing we won't do a thing to protect ourselves and demand accountability. tall oak trees and short ropes come to mind when you are talking about politicians, appointed officials, and companies like PG&E. SMUD is headed that way.
Old 10-11-2019, 5:44 PM

Always have a back up plan.
Old 10-11-2019, 8:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

how did people with solar fare?
Old 10-11-2019, 9:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
12v invertors suck mine pooped out just running a tv for 4 hours

i need a generator only for the fridge was having fun listening to am on my solar radio
Your inverter died your bank of batteries were depleted?

The way your sentence reads it indicates your inverted died, though it seems more likely that your batteries were depleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
Mag-Ima-gettin
3/29 - 4/05
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

NRA - Endowment Member
CRPA - Life Member
Old 10-11-2019, 11:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Not just the PG&E shutdown but most commonly for me is when you find that the flashlight you thought was good to go was not or the batteries in your favorite radio let go. I'm in the process of switching all my stuff to Eneloop to avoid the mess.

Old 10-12-2019, 5:26 AM

Very unhappy with the 3-cell compact flashlights and battery corrosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatoh View Post
Not just the PG&E shutdown but most commonly for me is when you find that the flashlight you thought was good to go was not or the batteries in your favorite radio let go. I'm in the process of switching all my stuff to Eneloop to avoid the mess.
Old 10-12-2019, 6:39 AM

Streamlight siege AA is a good lantern. Plan to get D cell model also. My generator on "eco" mode will drop my sat receiver when powering up freezer. Need a small UPS for TV and sat receiver. Put generator up like you won't use it for a while. Wish I had bought propane gen so I would not have to drain gas. Glad I have a swamp cooler that I can run on my small generator. Get a boat so your gas won't get old! You can put it in your car but that is not as much fun.
Old 10-12-2019, 8:06 AM

Location: Chico - the only city in California named after a Marx brother.

Test the output of new generators. I bought a 10/8kw Generac at Costco and didn't check the output. Turned out to be 128V which ran my freezers too hot and caused the thermal shut-offs to kick in after 10 minutes. If it wasn't for some good friends who are commercial sheep and poultry producers I would have lost 1/4 beef and about the same in chicken and salmon.
Headlamps are so much better than handheld lights
Get an adapter for your camp stove so you can use 5 gal tanks instead of those expensive little cans.
Check and change your water supply often. I was down to 5 gallons after I discovered that there was alge in the other 4 5 gal cans. Fortunately, we have a 2000 gal storage tank, but that's 100' uphill of the house, and the wife and I are in our 60's.

"People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society." Marko - http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/marko.htm/
Old 10-12-2019, 8:52 AM

1) Dual Fuel generators are the way to go. It was easier to buy propane than gas the day before the shutdown.
2) I need to build a sound damper for my generator.
3) 2 is one, 1 is none: I need a back up battery for starting the generator, because the pull doesn't work trying to start on propane. (Although jumping it from a motorcycle battery should work in a pinch).
4) A small solar charger works fine for phones. Get one with internal batteries.
5) I need a radio.
Old 10-12-2019, 1:26 PM

If PG&E is going to shut her down every time the wind blows it's going to get sporty when a big winter storm come rolling threw.

I have wood stove for back up heat. Hope it's a "burn day".

I'm on a well, Have tri fuel gen. Basement is referred to as the "Mine mart and gun shop", etc. etc.. We can make it for a day or two.

Is city water pressurized by electric pumps?

When water don't come out of the tap and all those toilets stop flushing that's when things will get real for the town folk.

Best
caveman
Old 10-12-2019, 1:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
You must be a city dweller.
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Old 10-12-2019, 8:32 PM

I work in a small (30 people) professional setting and when power went out it was a **** show. I keep a Anker PowerCore 20100mAh always charged and in my bag, everyones insta draining phones (using their phones for flashlights and internet) were running out of juice and that charges them up fast plus my accessories. I walked out to my GHB in my truck, grabbed a second flashlight (I keep a olight S1 mini baton on me at all times), a knife and my multitool. All came in extremely handy even in an office setting as we got things run to the portable generators.

I felt confident in my personal preps and was very organized but because of that I got a lot of responsibilities and stress heaped on me. I did not hydrate at all outside of one water and over 12 hours stuck in cramped positions under desks, running around the building and staying in various hot stuffy rooms I got a leg cramp as a nice simple reminder to stay hydrated. Small thing but if I was in more strenuous environs it would have come on faster and been worse.

If you have any/some/most of your preps in its original packaging (outside of medical items) you are probably not prepared. I've seen it a lot and is usually a sign of a faux prepper, someone who likes to swipe a credit card and believe they are prepared versus someone who uses their preps and knows what works when the SHTF. Lots of the office preps were just bought and put on shelves.

Last edited by smashycrashy; 10-12-2019 at 8:59 PM..
Old 10-12-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
So your answer is no, you cannot provide evidence there is no contract between PG&E and its customers.

I would argue there is a contract and PG&E has breached that contract by purposely shutting off power.

A contract has five (5) basic elements:
1) Offer
2) Acceptance
3) Lawful object
4) Consideration
5) Competent parties.

"I'll paint your fence for $100 dollars" (Offer & Lawful object)

"OK I'll pay you $100 to paint my fence." (Acceptance & Consideration)

Unless the two parties are minors or otherwise incompetent, that's a contract.

PG&E offers it customers electric service and its customers allow them to install a meter. PG&E sends a bill every month and the customer pays it.
This continues until PG&E willfully shuts off power.

That's a breach of an established contract.
Show me weíre I am wrong. Show me your service contract that says they are liable for providing you power 24/7. Show me where they have been sued. Show me how this wouldnít fall under act of god. Wind.

If you were correct it should be easy to prove. The fact that no contract exist proves me correct.

If you are correct would everyone be suing them right now?
Do you really think PGE Lawyers havenít looked into it.

Just FYI pge can pull your power for many reasons
You deny access
Safety
Payment
Even If pge doesnít like what you are using power for. Example indoor growing or illegal structure or your service isnít safe.

Pge power pge rules. Argue all you want but that is how it works.

I had to beg pge to allow my 400 amp 3 phase service at my ranch. It took 9 months to be approved.

Lastly pge only provides power when they deem its safe. It is their decision.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemanlrrp View Post
If PG&E is going to shut her down every time the wind blows it's going to get sporty when a big winter storm come rolling threw.

I have wood stove for back up heat. Hope it's a "burn day".

I'm on a well, Have tri fuel gen. Basement is referred to as the "Mine mart and gun shop", etc. etc.. We can make it for a day or two.

Is city water pressurized by electric pumps?

When water don't come out of the tap and all those toilets stop flushing that's when things will get real for the town folk.

Best
caveman
Um, they won't shut it down for winter storms. The whole reason for the shutdown was for hazard due to hot, dry, windy conditions which pose a high risk of fire. Cold wet winter storms don't pose that risk.

"Threw" fail.

Check out http://www.blitzkriegtactical.com. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.
Old 10-13-2019, 6:17 AM

That people don’t know how to f’n drive. A dead traffic lights mead 4 way stop.
No, they just cruise right through, with no care in the world.
Old 10-13-2019, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
Um, they won't shut it down for winter storms. The whole reason for the shutdown was for hazard due to hot, dry, windy conditions which pose a high risk of fire. Cold wet winter storms don't pose that risk.

"Threw" fail.
I stand corrected. Two times.

Best
caveman
Old 10-13-2019, 7:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Killer View Post
Show me weíre I am wrong. Show me your service contract that says they are liable for providing you power 24/7. Show me where they have been sued. Show me how this wouldnít fall under act of god. Wind.

If you were correct it should be easy to prove. The fact that no contract exist proves me correct.

If you are correct would everyone be suing them right now?
Do you really think PGE Lawyers havenít looked into it.

Just FYI pge can pull your power for many reasons
You deny access
Safety
Payment
Even If pge doesnít like what you are using power for. Example indoor growing or illegal structure or your service isnít safe.

Pge power pge rules. Argue all you want but that is how it works.

I had to beg pge to allow my 400 amp 3 phase service at my ranch. It took 9 months to be approved.

Lastly pge only provides power when they deem its safe. It is their decision.
There's not much to discuss with someone who has already given up and chosen to be a victim.
CRPA Member

~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Old 10-13-2019, 7:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What I already knew all along that 90% of the population are woefully ill-prepared for any disaster manmade or otherwise. Those are the same 90% that will gladly come and try to take your supplies.
Old 10-13-2019, 8:38 AM
Veteran Member

I *thought* I was prepared. A few things I figured would work, didn't.

Gas stovetop. It uses electricity for the spark. DUH. I know, use a match to get it started. No problems.

Landline Telephone. Any of the modern handset phones won't work if they use a base unit. Another DUH. If you have the old-school rotary type of phone (I'm assuming), you'll be fine since it doesn't need any electrical outlet power. Fortunately, cellular worked.

My house wasn't affected, but my mom's was. She's 85 and was in denial that it would happen. We got her prepped as best as possible and I'm glad I live close by. I did NOT want to try to teach her to use a match to turn on the stove. She's getting to the age where her faculties are diminishing. I wouldn't want her to try and keep the stove on even when she's not using it.

Mom' house got COLD too. So, I brought hot water, soup and some spam and rice to warm her up. Also, brought an old sleeping bag, beanie and gloves.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-13-2019, 1:57 PM
Calguns Addict

While I applaud all of you that learned something, Iíll share what I learned.

I learned the Government in coordination with the utility company can bring 1,000,000 people to their knees with the turn of a switch and we as pawns can do NOTHING to prevent it.

Now watch as they raise rates because they lost two days of revenue from nearly 1M people.

Imagine what they could do with a state wide power shutoff. Scary actually!
It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
Old 10-13-2019, 2:16 PM
Veteran Member

Lessons learned from scouting...

BE PREPARED
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 10-13-2019, 2:23 PM

Everyone talking about how they realized phone service wouldn’t work but cell service did and how some people ran out of phone juice pretty quick... I heartily suggest buying a solar charger. Some are small and have internal battery packs in them. So it charges the battery pack from the solar and you charge your device off the battery. Battery stays charged for emergency use, even if it’s night or cloudy. Then can be used in day time also. I own three that I keep in BOBs and at home.

It’s not just about having communication I can play music and read books on my phone and in a SHTF scenario one may need to occupy ones mind and stay positive.