Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Handguns For the private sale of handguns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 05-31-2015, 8:07 PM
Head Janitor

Default Beware of buyer/seller

Over the past few years as Calguns has grown we've 'gained' for lack of a better word a small collection of former members who have been banned due to questionable practices in the Marketplace and who have repeatedly rejoined under new screen names to continue their less than legitimate practices.

Up until now we have banned each new iteration and watched for the next one however some are so persistent I feel they have reached the level of requiring a posted warning to prevent members from being taken in by the new screen name.

As needed this thread will be added to over time, hopefully the need to update it will be very infrequent or better nonexistent.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 06-02-2015, 9:50 AM
Head Janitor

Beware of a buyer or seller named 'Mark Silva' using these numbers:
(858) 774-XX33
(858) 442-XX14
(858) 668-XX16

He is someone who has been banned over a dozen times, for problem transactions.
Formerly known as 'Track Rat', 'Stanced', 'HDPEguy', 'Quip' and more.
Usual M.O. is creating a new account after racking up negative iTrader ratings.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.

Last edited by Kestryll; 06-15-2015 at 10:38 AM..
Old 06-03-2015, 7:51 PM
Head Janitor

Gary Acosta
714-675-XX14
646-573-86XX
teklord99@yahoo.com

Formerly 'urbantactics', 'chiefs', 'propaganda', etc.

Last edited by Kestryll; 06-09-2015 at 12:37 PM..
Old 10-15-2015, 9:18 AM
Head Janitor

Timothy Mahoney
18** #* Camino Verde
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
deltatimma@yahoo.com
925-317-21**

Tim is on his eighth account and tends to sell ammo rather than firearms.
Old 09-19-2016, 6:11 PM
Head Janitor

Trevor McGuff
*** Hudson Ave
Costa Mesa CA 92626

trevorm@mcguff.com

Trevor has been known as 'kase/kookarmy/TMcGuff/DEEZ_GUNZ/_G_/DeeCee714/Etc.
Old 01-04-2018, 1:12 PM
Head Janitor

Unfortunately we have a new one to add to the list.

Gabriel Gonzalez

7808 Camino Raposa
San Diego, CA 92122

(760) 456-5679‬

Gabriel also uses the name 'Carlos' and has a history of flakey accounts going back to his original account 'the paper pimp'.

His latest account was used to take money in payment for a Noveske lower and parts and then never ship the items.

Do not do business with this individual unless you like being ripped off.
Old 03-04-2018, 4:25 PM

I hate doing this that’s why it took me this long but more & more seeing shady ppl trying to sell - I love this forum so I gotta keep it honest:

User Name: “Golgo013” in San Fran Area cell # 1(415)741-9756

Was first to respond via PM & reply on listing, and he agreed to sell me his Desert Eagle .357 for 1K. Arranged to meet him roughly 4 days later at City Arms on a Saturday, at his local gun shop a few hrs away from me (refused to meet me even part way, which is fine..). Next afternoon he started being rude over text, sending me screen shots if PM’s from other users offering a hundred bucks more than our agreed sale price (his asking price was 1K, which I accepted without haggling). At one point, called me ‘lucky’ to be getting it. He then became evasive and short via text when I was trying to follow up on details & confirm included items he said he had but ‘had to look for..’.

Long story short, less than 24 hrs before we were to meet, he said he was no longer selling it, taking off market.

I knew what he was up to so I kept tabs on his posts. Later that evening, low & behold he relisted the same gun for $1450. Took me a while, but I ended up leaving him negative feedback.

Thank you, CalGuns Community..! This individual was my first bad experience - EVERY other buy/sell has been with people I find extremely pleasant, down to earth, competent & men of their word! Cheers..!
Old 03-04-2018, 8:54 PM

Just want so express a little gratitude to all of the men and women that have taken the time to update this section and striving to keep this forum true and honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2018, 10:58 AM

Contacted by a new member(joined march 23 2018) for my HK USP GREY CASE. I’m 99% certain that he’s a scam and want to post this before it’s too late.

I have a WTB for a HK Grey case. Just the case.
Here’s his response:
hktp3450
im in illionois the asking price is $400.00 shipped

Yes, Illinois is misspelled.
Old 03-25-2018, 9:25 PM

Hey alwaysbest,

He just contacted me today as well, pretty sure he is a scam because he just created the account and wanted to talk on gmail instead of PM. Thanks for the heads up and hope he doesn't get anyone else.
Old 03-28-2018, 4:23 PM

***** " BEWARE OF MIKE OWEN " ******

This idiot contacts me outside CG. First as " Mike ", then he forgot and goes by " Patrick ".
OF COURSE, I must wire him the money first.

********* BUYER BEWARE ******
Original Message-----
To: ecollectables67 <ecollectables67@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm
Subject: Re: WTB LISTING ON CALGUNS / USED SIG 320

I have P320, P365 and P229
PRICES
p320--- $499.00
P365--- $599.00
p229----$400.00
CONDITION
Money must be transfer before delivery but meanwhile you will have to send your shipping address.

Regards: Patrick.
Old 04-02-2018, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbest View Post
Contacted by a new member(joined march 23 2018) for my HK USP GREY CASE. I’m 99% certain that he’s a scam and want to post this before it’s too late.

I have a WTB for a HK Grey case. Just the case.
Here’s his response:
hktp3450
im in illionois the asking price is $400.00 shipped

Yes, Illinois is misspelled.
That same member contacted me regarding my WTB ad. His message was a little sketchy so I looked at his profile and he had joined the day before. Additionally, he already had at least 10 visitors to his profile page which led me to believe that he was contacting multiple members. I replied and told him that I do not conduct business with those who have no prior history on here but he never replied.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2018, 1:03 PM

UrCenWe tried to scam me
Old 05-07-2018, 8:03 PM

All these scammers make it harder for people like me in Calguns. So far I haven't had issues buying or selling but I am sure people would be more careful with guys like me with little to no reviews. Anyways, thanks for the letting us know.
Old 05-07-2018, 8:11 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Couple of days ago, someone posted that someone contacted them about their 4-sale post and asked for their address.
The guy had been drinking and provided the info, then the next day realized that the person asking for the information had only created the ID a couple of days earlier.

This time, unlikely anything will come of it, as the two parties are (allegedly) at different ends of the state... But this bears sharing.
PLEASE people... do not relax your guard just because this is Calguns.

Just because someone is on Calguns does NOT mean they are an upstanding citizen and kindred spirit.
Even those we meet face to face... talk to people who used to host build parties and find out about thousands of dollars worth of parts and tools that were broken without so much as a "Wow, I'm sorry", or flat out stolen. I don't think there has been a single build party with more than 5 or 6 people attending that didn't result in someone posting about missing parts/tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 07-11-2018, 8:05 AM

Name:Kelly Bryant
CG NAME:br2nden
EMAIL/PAYPAL: kellymbryant@live.com
PHONE#562)547-9792

So i purchased a Law tactical ar-15 folding stock adapter for 150$ from him on July 2nd of 2018. On July 4th he claimed he had dropped the item into the USPS drop box and provided me with a tracking number. July 8th after 4 days of consistently checking the tracking number in hopes of an update it was still stuck showing that USPS had not even received the item yet. I contacted him on the 8th and wasnt responded to till the 9th. He agreed to return my money back but i never received it. I have tried calling his phone number which is now OFF, i have also tried to email him which i have gotten no response and i even attempted to message him on CG. No response from any source. The date is now July 11th 2018.
Old 08-03-2018, 3:52 PM

Buyer beware. Entered into agreed upon deal giving seller exactly what they were asking in their ad. $SPF at 0015 to meet that afternoon at 1400. I receive a message saying he received several PMs with higher than asking and was to treat his listing as an auction. I informed seller we agreed upon a deal and ultimately seller backed out at 0900 to pursue his self made auction having buyers bid against one another. I would list his username, but afraid of retaliation and spamming my ads or soiling my name. Would appreciate a moderators input as I am fairly new to calguns, but an honorable, law abiding citizen. PM me if you want the sellers username, thank you.
Old 08-03-2018, 6:21 PM

Sad to hear this being your first transaction grandaddy209. Usually calguns is a great community so don't let this one person ruin your clguns experience. I'm sure the moderators will contact you
We're trying to exercise a constitutional right and stay out of jail doing it. Cheers to those who help us, jeers to those who stand in our way - you're literally no better than DeLeon or Pelosi. If you catch a bad wrap for making this harder than it has to be, I have no sympathy if you end up on the boycott list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Never trust a gun store to give you correct legal information. That’s what’s up with that.
Old 08-05-2018, 7:43 AM

Calguns Screen name: Markky004
Name: Joseph Pellegrino
Joined Calguns Jul 2018
Email: pellegrino963@gmail.com (or can be some other phony address)

Beware of this out of state scam response to your WTB or WTS ads!! This "seller" will ask for ONLY Moneygram payment from an out of state location while posting stolen photos from well known auction sites claiming to be his/her own firearm.
I posted a WTB ad recently on the WTB and Collector's Exchange for a pretty rare rifle. Got a PM from member Markky004 to email a man named Joseph Pellegrino. Emailed this guy and he claimed he had a specimen to sell but actually stole photos from the auction website pre98k.com saying the photos were his. He asks ONLY for Moneygram claiming his wife works for them and it was perfectly 'safe' for me to send payment directly to him. He claims his FFL is mainly absent due to tending to a 'sick wife'. We maintained frequent email correspondence as to complete the deal in a safer way than Moneygram. I asked for more specific and clearer pictures of his 'mystery nonexistent' rifle that he 'had' for ie bore pics, sling pics, safety lever, etc. I told him if I dont get more pics, no deal! The guy finally gave out and backed out of our email conversations.

Be careful guys and gals!!!!
Old 08-26-2018, 11:25 AM

This guy texted me so dont know his CG info but his nukbers below!

Beware of 310-818-6936, this person supposedly in LA is a flake buyer. Contacted me Friday to tell me he wanted to buy my revolver and could meet me in san diego on Sunday, i contacted him saturday night to verify we were still meeting. We had a time and place picked out. However come today, at the time we are supposed to meet, he is a no show, he doesnt respond to any calls or texts, the FFL is only 5 minutes from me no big deal on gas etc, but a huge waste of my time!!

Do not waste your time on this flake. If you enjoy having your time wasted, this guy will be your best friend.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:51 AM

I have a thread running in WTB. Calgun user Maro232 sent me a PM in response to my WTB thread. In the PM he told me his friend had the pistol for sale and to email him at mullins8520@gmail.com. (The name associated with this gmail account comes back as Mullins Kim.) My scam radar was already screaming at this point, but I decided to email the address provided anyway and I gave no information beyond what is available in my WTB post. The person replied to the email and sent images of the wrong version of the pistol I was looking for, their grammar was bad and so I responded with “thanks, but that’s not the pistol I’m looking for.” He then replied again via email and told me to email Ernestmays741@gmail.com who has the version of the pistol I’m looking for. Also said they were both based in Altadena CA. Totally a scam, I’ve blocked them. I wanted to post names and emails for others.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Calguns Screen name: Project_Mays
Alleged Name: Ryan Mays
Alleged Location: Fresno, CA
Joined Calguns Aug 2014
Email: ryan.mays92@gmail.com

Possible address:
6560 N Angus St
Fresno, CA 93710
Owners shown as: CORNELL JOSHUA AARON & SHANNON ASHLEY

Possible numbers:
(559) 346-8380
(559) 321-5151
(559) 800-4618
phone for Joshua Cornell (810)441-3533

Payment made and seller went MIA after acknowledging receipt of payment. Hasn't logged in after 08/19/18. Negative feedback left.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1469427

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom

Last edited by code_blue; 10-19-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 10-18-2018, 6:20 PM

Interested in mammoth 1911 grips? Don't try and buy a set from Cavery Grips. The owner is named Clint, and he has a lonnnnnggggg history of taking money thru PayPal and not ever providing them. 1911Addicts has a topic dedicated to those of us whom he has ripped off.

He owes me $400 from 2-years ago and does nothing except make excuses. He has a presence on Facebook.

Cavery Grips
(717) 524-4542 in Clayton, NC,

Caveat Emptor
Old 10-19-2018, 9:14 AM

It’s amazing how many scammers are out there. I’m fairly new to the site, and have received bogus pm’s in response to two different want-ads. The latest is in response to my Beretta 86 WTB ad (for my wife). The purported seller, complete with pics, tells me he’s in Michigan, but will ship. SMH.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately the internet is a scammers paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

iTrader rating, time on the site, number of posts, phone calls, secure payment methods, and even someone's Ebay profile can go a long ways in preventing this stuff. Yeah there are countless scammers, but really it kind of surprises me the amount of people that actually get scammed when there are so many ways to prevent it.
Old 11-15-2018, 7:23 AM

Default how to bump your WTS listing

Hello. I am new to Calguns and I want to bump my post on the sale of my Charter Arms .44 bulldog. Could you please tell me how to do that? I would appreciate it. I listed it on Monday and it is now on page 14. Thanks, Gary
Old 11-15-2018, 8:56 AM

You post a reply to your post. No more than once a day.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:00 PM

Default beware of Driguez

I set up a price, day, and time to buy a glock 45 from Driguez. The meeting was at 3:00 pm, I texted him at 10:30am on the day of the meet, he didn’t reply, but I could see that he had read the text. I figured I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, and texted him again at 1:00pm, same thing, no answer, but I could see he had read it. I drove an hour and a half in traffic, and at 3:00pm, the time we were supposed to meet, he texted me saying, “I don’t think I’m going to make it tonight”. Today the post for his glock 45 says “kerping it for now”, yes he spelled the word keeping incorrectly. Don’t buy from Driguez.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpope View Post
I set up a price, day, and time to buy a glock 45 from Driguez. The meeting was at 3:00 pm, I texted him at 10:30am on the day of the meet, he didn’t reply, but I could see that he had read the text. I figured I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, and texted him again at 1:00pm, same thing, no answer, but I could see he had read it. I drove an hour and a half in traffic, and at 3:00pm, the time we were supposed to meet, he texted me saying, “I don’t think I’m going to make it tonight”. Today the post for his glock 45 says “kerping it for now”, yes he spelled the word keeping incorrectly. Don’t buy from Driguez.
Lessons learned that if you don’t get the yes we’re on then don’t drive to the meeting point. It happens and there a threads from time to time about it happening. That sucks though, seller definitely could of let you know.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 12-27-2018, 5:13 PM

Angry Steer clear of MOUNTAINMAN1911

Although he only appears to want to defraud people of their time, steer clear of Mountainman1911.

He advertised 2 CZs, and we agreed on price, place and time by PM. I wasted 2 hours going there, and he no-shows.

Worse, I wasn't the only one he was setting up a meeting with. And this after I posted the standard "I'll take" in his thread, and we'd agreed on the details.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1497997

What is wrong with people's integrity and sense of decency nowadays?
Old 01-09-2019, 1:20 PM

Beware of Evil Dog. A typical jerk, and his words mean nothing, because canceled our deal after exchanging pics, and I agreed to additional cash. I was on my way to to meet with the him when he went back on our deal.

We had a verbal contract with every aspect of the deal worked out, but he broke the contract and I need to warn others. Don't count on this man he has no honor, not much of a real man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2019, 6:56 PM

SELLER—— TACTIKILL

sold me a set of fake Daniel Defense sights for $65

Received the sights and immediately contacted him, after 10 days of attempted contact he responded when I left negative feedback.

I even offered to return the sights at my cost for shipping expenses upon receiving a refund for $60. (Less his shipping charges)

Days later through an admin, he sets terms for the return of

Only a $40 refund after he received the sights in the same condition I received them. Common man... (no one needs fake sights on a rifle worth lots more)

His words were (it would be cheaper for you to keep them and resell them than returning them to me)

It’s not a matter of the money, I just don’t want other getting stuck with fake stuff.
SMH
Old 01-09-2019, 7:06 PM

I just had a pending sale on a handgun to be purchased on 01/13/19. Handgun was negotiated and all with the "Member of cal guns" (chuckT53) he also forward me his phone number for contact and next morning he text me at 8am handgun was sold? I try calling and texting and also Dm him and not a answer... REALLY !!!!! i neg. a deal at 9pm and next morning at 8am its sold. don't make sense. BUt yet he still has it for sale… i hate flakes!! what piss me off more is that he is a old time cal guns member… these type of people are one who make this webpage fall apart….
Old 01-09-2019, 7:43 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMariaAlvarez92 View Post
I just had a pending sale on a handgun to be purchased on 01/13/19. Handgun was negotiated and all with the "Member of cal guns" (chuckT53) he also forward me his phone number for contact and next morning he text me at 8am handgun was sold? I try calling and texting and also Dm him and not a answer... REALLY !!!!! i neg. a deal at 9pm and next morning at 8am its sold. don't make sense. BUt yet he still has it for sale… i hate flakes!! what piss me off more is that he is a old time cal guns member… these type of people are one who make this webpage fall apart….
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1500189
This one? He just bumped the thread today for the Ruger and the Mak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-10-2019, 7:18 PM

That is very uncharacteristic of Evil Dog based on my 2 transactions w/ him in past. He was a straight forward, no non-sense guy who conducted business in a fair & courteous manner. He was a man of his word both times that I dealt with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgarretson View Post
Beware of Evil Dog. A typical jerk, and his words mean nothing, because canceled our deal after exchanging pics, and I agreed to additional cash. I was on my way to to meet with the him when he went back on our deal.

We had a verbal contract with every aspect of the deal worked out, but he broke the contract and I need to warn others. Don't count on this man he has no honor, not much of a real man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2019, 7:55 PM
Calguns Addict

alot of newbies complaining on here, maybe you're the problem?

1A-2A = -1A
Old 01-10-2019, 8:04 PM

alot of newbies CRY BABIES complaining on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packy14 View Post
alot of newbies complaining on here, maybe you're the problem?
Old 01-10-2019, 8:24 PM
CGN Contributor

No issues here with Evil Dog here either . Stand up guy in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2019, 8:42 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMariaAlvarez92 View Post
Flaked... Pulled back on sale and yet keeps bumping and still has them for sale...!!! Smh
You must have hinked him out somehow. Communication breakdown or ??