Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 10-09-2012, 4:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G38xOC View Post
not mine. but im planing to get . did lot of research and I decide to give this a try . others recommended several other companies , but price were just way out of my range .

got me one of these to start it seems everything about 308 cost more than 223 stuff even in mag pouch
What brand and model is that chest rig? Looks real good.
Old 10-09-2012, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljon View Post
What brand and model is that chest rig? Looks real good.
That's the new shellback banchee plate carrier. Holds plates only, no soft armor.

The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.
Old 10-09-2012, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal240 View Post
where do you get custom tags? "Rubio"
Old 10-09-2012, 5:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal240 View Post
[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/jose5170/DSC_0235_6_7_tonemapped.jpg[IMG]
I imagine it's difficult to reload with the bullets up.
Old 10-09-2012, 6:25 PM
Veteran Member

brass side up . i like that
Old 10-09-2012, 7:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
brass side up . i like that
May I ask why? It really goes against everything. You can't simply grab and insert, you have to flip them around.

Also, we rolled with our mags down. After a firefight we would take our empty mags from our dump pouches and put them back in the pouches facing up. At night we could feel the difference. If you have them all up the follower will feel like a round and you could grab that on accident. Of course none of that matters for training which I'm sure 99.9% of these set ups are for.
Old 10-09-2012, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
does anyone know if the 5.11 VTAC Brokos belt they have on their site (5.11tactical.com) the same belt as the one that Viking Tactical has on their site? thanks!
I believe it is the same except for the padding and the mesh lining on the inside. The 5.11 one has thinner padding and the mesh lining is a stiffer type material.
Old 10-11-2012, 6:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
not mine. but im planing to get . did lot of research and I decide to give this a try . others recommended several other companies , but price were just way out of my range .
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0/SHB125-2.jpg
got me one of these to start it seems everything about 308 cost more than 223 stuff even in mag pouch
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...9827391401.jpg
Try being an AK owner. The mag pouches are just stupid compared to AR mag pouches.

I just ordered my banshee plate carrier from SKD tonight. It already shipped because SKD is crazy like that. I should have it by Saturday and a full "tactical loadout" (minus plates) put together in another week or two, after I get a few more pouches.

I'll let you know how I like it. All the reviews and videos are solid. The price point with the included feature set is the best in the market (without going for a cheaper foreign made rip-off). That's why it's extremely popular. The thing literally fly off the shelves. Within only hours of getting the carrier back in stock, SKD already sold out in two colors.
Old 10-11-2012, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

Got mine last nite . Vest fits me just right. Cummerbund is slightly loose where it shifts downs when mags are there. That's with djusted tightest.with light stuff such as light,medic pouch should be okay though.
With front n back plates added, it should fill those gap.
overall very happy with the product.ur right about being hot item. I ordered from TAG last week/half ago with 23 in stock. Now they're out already.
Old 10-12-2012, 5:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Also, we rolled with our mags down. After a firefight we would take our empty mags from our dump pouches and put them back in the pouches facing up. At night we could feel the difference. If you have them all up the follower will feel like a round and you could grab that on accident. Of course none of that matters for training which I'm sure 99.9% of these set ups are for.

nothing wrong with using them for training. i use the one i used in Iraq for classes since my unit is stupid. train as you fight that is the way i was taught. IIRC it is Army doctrine.

Quote:
Got mine last nite . Vest fits me just right. Cummerbund is slightly loose where it shifts downs when mags are there. That's with djusted tightest.with light stuff such as light,medic pouch should be okay though.
With front n back plates added, it should fill those gap.
overall very happy with the product.ur right about being hot item. I ordered from TAG last week/half ago with 23 in stock. Now they're out already.

i have the Banshee if that is what you bought. i like it. i have used it in a class already and switched some stuff around on it. the Banshee is very popular.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 10-12-2012 at 5:35 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 7:21 AM

OK, here is what I've started:

I have removed the knife and am rethinking the ADMIN pouch and am waiting on AMMO Pouches.

Also looking to get Hydration Pouch in correct color, but this works.
Battle Belt and Drop Leg are currently being configured/ purchased. I think knife is going onto Drop Leg, but am interested in what everyone is doing with theirs...
Old 10-13-2012, 8:47 PM

Old 10-15-2012, 2:16 PM

Old 10-16-2012, 1:47 AM
Veteran Member

Finally getting my gear put together with some Made In The USA quality (backed by lifetime warranties)...

What you see in the pictures;
Shellback/TAG Banshee carrier (no plates yet),
ATS war belt w/ 762 Tactical duty belt inner,
HSGI IFAK,
Benchmade rescue hook
Marz tactical TQ pouch w/ Gen3 SOFTT-W

Still waiting on some more pouches & gear to finish things up. I'll be adding a larger IFAK and a utility pouch + some mag pouches to the carrier. I'm also trying to get some plates, but they're expensive & partially restricted... On the belt, I'll be adding another utility pouch, mag pouches and a fixed blade knife.

Ignore the velcro backed name tape, it's something that was given to me awhile back. I like it though and it fits perfectly, but I'm trying to find (have it made) something exactly like it, only with different colors because I don't like ACU and I need several of them.
Old 10-16-2012, 6:16 AM
Veteran Member

Would it be stupid to get a Shellback Banshee plate carrier and not use plates for a carbine course? I like the layout of it, and it does appear to be a well made product.

Trying to decide if I want to keep my Eagle M4 6mag chest rig. Just don't want to be the guy decked out in gear that can't shoot for sh1t haha.
Old 10-16-2012, 8:17 AM

Guess that would depend on how many times you plan on going through a competition like that. But If you plan on going multiple times, I would start with a slim light weight rig and then start adding on to it and see how that affects your performance.

I've talked with a couple instructors and all of them agree that it's best to be light and mobile, rather than carrying 12 mags and all the other cool accessories.
Old 10-16-2012, 2:53 PM
Veteran Member

Ares Gear ranger belt
Griffon Industries 1911 kydex holster
Strider DB tanto
Griffon Industries single mag carrier
Griffon Industries light carrier

Last edited by Jeffu; 10-16-2012 at 2:55 PM..
Old 10-17-2012, 7:15 AM

Cool setup...but where's the plate carrier???
Old 10-30-2012, 4:22 AM
Veteran Member

Not sure where to post this... But can anyone lend advice on how the hell they threaded the MOLLE on their Banshee carrier for the front mag pouches?

My AK magazines pouch arrived yesterday. I must of spent about an hour trying all sorts of ways to get the damn thing on my carrier (using long Malice clips). I eventually gave up and just did it the way you're not supposed to (not weaved/threaded).

Still works, but there is a big gap between the pouch and the carrier because it's not threaded together and it bugs me.

I'm going to remove it and try again, but I'd just like to see if anyone who owns a Banshee has any advice.

I will try and snap a picture or two to help explain the problem if need be.
Old 10-30-2012, 7:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Not sure where to post this... But can anyone lend advice on how the hell they threaded the MOLLE on their Banshee carrier for the front mag pouches?

My AK magazines pouch arrived yesterday. I must of spent about an hour trying all sorts of ways to get the damn thing on my carrier (using long Malice clips). I eventually gave up and just did it the way you're not supposed to (not weaved/threaded).

Still works, but there is a big gap between the pouch and the carrier because it's not threaded together and it bugs me.

I'm going to remove it and try again, but I'd just like to see if anyone who owns a Banshee has any advice.

I will try and snap a picture or two to help explain the problem if need be.
Old 10-31-2012, 6:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKro View Post
GOTA GET Some of those HSGI pouches, but the price is slowing me down. If you have a good supplier, let us know.
Old 11-01-2012, 1:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschoelles View Post
GOTA GET Some of those HSGI pouches, but the price is slowing me down. If you have a good supplier, let us know.
Yeah, no s%%t. HSGI makes some good gear but their prices are a brick wall when you need multiple items like TACO mag pouches. $90+ to hold 3 mags is absurd. But unfortunately they're not alone, tactical gear is generally overpriced for civilians.

As for vendors, I prefer SKD. I would avoid ordering directly from HSGI because you'll have to wait 2-3+ weeks and their customer service is horrible (unless you're a gov't contractor with money to burn)...

SKD on the other hand is usually a bit cheaper, stupid fast shipping for $5 (or free with $69+ order) and their customer service/policies actually reflect reality.

Last edited by TacticalPlinker; 11-01-2012 at 4:04 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 8:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yeah, no s%%t. HSGI makes some good gear but their prices are a brick wall when you need multiple items like TACO mag pouches. $90+ to hold 3 mags is absurd. But unfortunately they're not alone, tactical gear is generally overpriced for civilians.

As for vendors, I prefer SKD. I would avoid ordering directly from HSGI because you'll have to wait 2-3+ weeks and their customer service is horrible (unless you're a gov't contractor with money to burn)...

SKD on the other hand is usually a bit cheaper, stupid fast shipping for $5 (or free with $69+ order) and their customer service/policies actually reflect reality.
try TAG taticalassaultgear.com they are a california company they are in san diego. i have had their stuff for many years. they market the Banshee you have.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-02-2012, 9:03 PM

Quick Question: If I strap on my plate carrier and go for a run in my town (not because I wanna look "cool", but because of the weight of my plates.) do you think someone would call the cops? I wouldnt be carrying my rifle or handgun, but just wearing my PC with my knife and magazines. What do you think?

Last edited by Sbasham; 11-02-2012 at 9:05 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 9:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbasham View Post
Quick Question: If I strap on my plate carrier and go for a run in my town (not because I wanna look "cool", but because of the weight of my plates.) do you think someone would call the cops? I wouldnt be carrying my rifle or handgun, but just wearing my PC with my knife and magazines. What do you think?
Easy solution would be to wear a T-shirt over the carrier then no one knows about it. Simply buy one size larger T-shirt than you normally do.
Old 11-02-2012, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Easy solution would be to wear a T-shirt over the carrier then no one knows about it. Simply buy one size larger T-shirt than you normally do.
I went running at night with it but id rather go running at dusk instead of after dusk.

Ill try that.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUm3 View Post
where do you get custom tags? "Rubio"
Sorry it took me a month to see this post.
I got it made by omlpatches.com
It actually came out pretty nice and they shipped it out quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
I imagine it's difficult to reload with the bullets up.
It is, i only did that for the picture.
Old 11-03-2012, 3:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I would remove your magazines, knife, etc...

I've seen people in obvious "PT dress" (t-shirt & shorts w/ running shoes), running with their plate carriers.

But again, ditch the magazines and knife, etc. It really shouldn't add enough weight to make a difference in training. At least, if you have plates. Otherwise there is very little weight to an empty carrier with no plates.

Also, screw if anyone calls the cops. It's not illegal.
Old 11-03-2012, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
try TAG taticalassaultgear.com they are a california company they are in san diego. i have had their stuff for many years. they market the Banshee you have.
I like TAG, but they don't sell HSGI Taco's.

They also don't sell or make anything for AK mags, if anyone is interested.

They do have mag pouches for AR's though. But their single version similar to the TACO is $25 vs $30 for the TACO's. So not much cheaper over all.
Old 11-03-2012, 5:41 PM

Quote:
I would remove your magazines, knife, etc...

I've seen people in obvious "PT dress" (t-shirt & shorts w/ running shoes), running with their plate carriers.

But again, ditch the magazines and knife, etc. It really shouldn't add enough weight to make a difference in training. At least, if you have plates. Otherwise there is very little weight to an empty carrier with no plates.

Also, screw if anyone calls the cops. It's not illegal.

Yeah 10 round magazines I don't even notice them with my plates in.

I tired putting a shirt or jacket on over my vest and well, it looked like I was wearing a suicide vest. Not what I want

I understand its not illegal but I'd still rather not have the cops rolling up on me over that partly cause they may think I'm carrying a gun. Even though I wouldn't be. And I don't wanna get shot.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah 10 round magazines I don't even notice them with my plates in.

I tired putting a shirt or jacket on over my vest and well, it looked like I was wearing a suicide vest. Not what I want

I understand its not illegal but I'd still rather not have the cops rolling up on me over that partly cause they may think I'm carrying a gun. Even though I wouldn't be. And I don't wanna get shot.
You know another option, I've seen bright blue and bright orange training rifles made from solid plastic so there are no moving parts... So maybe another option would be making (or buying) some sort of similar training magazines painted a bright color.

I've also seen bright colored training knives like the rubber knives from ColdSteel, you can paint them orange...

Basically the idea is trying to carry something similar to the weight and setup of your gear, but obviously fake and painted a bright color to avoid confusion. The possibility remains though some frightened liberal yuppie might think you're a "bad man with a gun".
Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Here is another option maybe for you. I know it would require you to spend some money but at least you would not have to worry about what people thought and it accomplishes the same thing.

http://www.xtrainingequipment.com/MD...FW1yQgodznYA2A

And here is he Google search I used to find that one.

https://www.google.com/search?source...weighted+vest+
Old 11-04-2012, 5:12 PM

I dont want to have to buy a weighted vest or a blue gun to go run with. Ill probably take the magazines out and the knife off. They don't add the much weight. Thanks for the advice guys.

I dont want to buy a blue gun or weight vest because thats less money for ammo or a new gun.
Old 11-04-2012, 7:54 PM
Calguns Addict

my wife and I run in our plate carriers all the time. I usually wear a sweatshirt over it though (so does she).

pic thread:

Old 11-05-2012, 1:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd1584 View Post
my wife and I run in our plate carriers all the time. I usually wear a sweatshirt over it though (so does she).

pic thread:

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/IMG_1708.jpg
Nice gear. Kudo's to you to not only get your wife to wear a plate carrier, but to actually train with it... My girl thinks I'm crazy, and I still need to get plates... I need to get my ***** in gear.
Old 11-06-2012, 6:53 AM

Is there anyone who has had experience with the Tag/Shellback Banshee, Mayflower APC and SKD Pig Rig? I've narrowed it down to these three and it is pretty subjective as to which is the best so I wanted some opinions from some people who have had time in all three and can compare the differences.
Old 11-06-2012, 8:36 AM

I've used the Banshee before and it's a well built carrier. Finding one in stock is another issue, but I have a source if you are interested in one.
Old 11-06-2012, 9:20 AM

voodoo plate carrier and medium sapi plates front and back 400 obo
Old 11-07-2012, 4:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada86 View Post
I've used the Banshee before and it's a well built carrier. Finding one in stock is another issue, but I have a source if you are interested in one.
http://www.skdtac.com/Shellback-Bans...-p/shb.125.htm

If you can order it, it's in stock...

I have the Banshee. No plates yet as you can see a few posts up. I haven't finished putting it together but it's construction is top notch. It's very comfortable. Lots of adjustment. It does exactly what it's built to do.
Old 11-07-2012, 4:45 PM

How is it compared to the APC or Pig?

Last edited by UserH26712; 11-07-2012 at 4:52 PM..