Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-30-2018, 7:20 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt22 View Post
Are you referring to the 1000 yard distance one must maintain yea that would be kinda hard in a place like LA ?

With all these 2A "wins" I wonder if we will hear anything on the handgun roster soon
1000ft, and yes.
There are maps available that show restricted and unrestricted areas in some of the major metropolitan areas like LA and SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-04-2018, 6:16 PM

I don't know about any other of you San Diego County residents, but it seems like Gore is almost as tight as he was before. There are a couple new "justifiable" categories, but overall he's pretty restrictive.

https://sandiegocountygunowners.com/...heet-SDCGO.pdf
Old 08-05-2018, 8:27 PM

please forgive me if this has been answered, i have not been on this forum much lately because i dislike forums on an android and only go to forums with my hardly used laptop.
Anyway, is open carry or loaded/unloaded car carry now legal in CA?
I often cross unmarked borders into CA with a loaded revolver ( a sweet S&W 625 )

thanks, and i apologize for asking a question that has probably been talked about , to death, already.
Old 08-05-2018, 8:29 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmith View Post
Anyway, is open carry or loaded/unloaded car carry now legal in CA?
No.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-05-2018, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmith View Post
please forgive me if this has been answered, i have not been on this forum much lately because i dislike forums on an android and only go to forums with my hardly used laptop.
Anyway, is open carry or loaded/unloaded car carry now legal in CA?....
No.

First, Young isn't final yet.

Second, Young addressed only Hawaii law. It therefore doesn't automatically apply to any other law. Depending on how things finally turn out, it's possible that a final, favorable ruling can then be used to successfully attack California law.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Old 08-05-2018, 8:35 PM

thanks, I'm sad I still can't carry but remain hopefull.
calguns is awesome.
I sure do miss the old highroad b4 the split with oleg tho.
Old 08-05-2018, 9:26 PM

So how much longer does Hawaii/other judge have to challenge the ruling ?
Old 08-05-2018, 10:10 PM

Default OPEN CARRY IN CALI

FOREVER!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt22 View Post
So how much longer does Hawaii/other judge have to challenge the ruling ?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1424391

Check out this thread

HI was granted an extension which I believe was 45 days to request en banc review by the 9th...
Old 08-09-2018, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike90049 View Post
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1424391

Check out this thread

HI was granted an extension which I believe was 45 days to request en banc review by the 9th...
Thanks
Old 08-09-2018, 4:09 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Good breakdown of what happened:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 08-09-2018, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Because permitless OC is not a win in California metropolitan areas due to PC626.9.
California's GFSZ requires a win for "permitted" carry... whether OC or CCW.
Maybe, but when a law like the GFSZ places such broad restrictions on a core constitutional right that effectively render it meaningless for millions of Americans, it is itself subject to challenge under the principles laid out in Young v. Hawaii.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Because permitless OC is not a win in California metropolitan areas due to PC626.9.
California's GFSZ requires a win for "permitted" carry... whether OC or CCW.
You not foresee a challenge to a gun free school zone that amounts to an arbitrary line 1000 feet away from a school campus that does not control or regulate entry via security or metal detectors?

If open carry is the core of the right to bear in public, then 626.9 stands in the way of the right to bear in public in the same way Hawaii prevents carry by not issuing any carry licenses at all. I'd challenge this personally.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califpatriot View Post
Maybe, but when a law like the GFSZ places such broad restrictions on a core constitutional right that effectively render it meaningless for millions of Americans, it is itself subject to challenge under the principles laid out in Young v. Hawaii.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
You not foresee a challenge to a gun free school zone that amounts to an arbitrary line 1000 feet away from a school campus that does not control or regulate entry via security or metal detectors?

If open carry is the core of the right to bear in public, then 626.9 stands in the way of the right to bear in public in the same way Hawaii prevents carry by not issuing any carry licenses at all. I'd challenge this personally.
Of course, and if the court does its job, it will be overturned.
But if the courts did their job, that would have happened years ago.
Remember, this was the same presiding judge that ruled in our favor on Peruta. Hawaii will most likely call for en banc.

Quote: