Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 03-07-2013, 5:05 PM

Default Got a letter from the Army boy! Sort of....Update, coming home..

Younger gets the mail today and starts sorting through it and hands me a letter. From the Elder, all official on Army stationary the only problem? It's addressed to his girlfriend! LOL So I wait as Younger finishes sorting and I have no letter. Younger(being the odd little guy that he is and the fondness he has for Mel Brooks) cocks an eyebrow at me and says deadpan "Ahhh so the girlfriend rates while the Master baits......" Torn between smacking him and laughing right out loud. I went for the latter(I can always smack him later) because I have a 14yr old who can paraphrase Mel Brooks and Madeleine Kahn. I'm sure my letter is coming soon.

Last edited by Bugguts; 03-17-2013 at 4:26 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 5:36 PM

Oh, dang, that must have been a huge disappointment. Lucky you had your younger supply a little comic relief

I hope your letter arrives soon. Did the GF share hers with you?
Old 03-07-2013, 5:49 PM

No, she didn't. She's so polite though, I could tell she just wanted to tear in to it but she is shy and polite and was sitting here making small talk with me and I wanted to say "It's ok to rush out, I get it, GO!" I did yell as she drove off "DON'T READ AND DRIVE!" I wouldn't ask her to share, unless there was something I needed to know. The younger has just written his letter and it is in an envelope waiting for mine to join it but I don't know what is in that one either.
Old 03-07-2013, 6:30 PM

Gotta love Younger....

Looking on the bright side, if somebody is getting letters, Elder is fine.

He might have been allowed only one letter this week, in basic training. Or yours is on tomorrow's mail truck. Or he's so dam tired and sore that he can't say anything nice so his mom won't worry. (The latter is the most likely...)

You're a great mom and I'm sure you'll be a great in-law some day. Actually, forget that. Your daughters in law will become your daughters straight out of the church and the family just grows.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 03-07-2013, 7:12 PM

Daughter In Laws I am fine with, grandchildren? Nope, hope they live out of state. I've raised my kids. LOL Actually it's kind of funny that you mention that about DIL's. My auntie who is as dear to me as my own mother, and has been with me longer(she's our family matriarch) has a picture of her wedding reception with my grandma(my aunt married my dad's little brother but was my mom's best friend years before they ended up married to brothers) standing next to her glaring up at her(my aunt is 6+ft, grandma was 4'10" in heels) with her arms crossed and her lips smashed together so tight it looked like a line drawn on her face. She did not approve of my Irish Catholic auntie as a Pentecostal Minister's wife and she made it known. I can look back on that and go "OH! So THAT'S where I got!" LOL

Thanks Bonnie, I can always rely on my boys to make me smile.

I figure it might be a one letter a day/week thing and since I got the final phone call, it's ok that she gets the first letter.
Old 03-08-2013, 5:55 AM

My daughter was given certain evenings and times to write letters and complete other tasks which did not always allow her to communicate with loved ones as she would have liked. Yours may have taken more thought and was delayed by time, or the PIC of outgoing mail fumbled yours into delay. No matter what the reason, each and every letter was deeply cherished and appreciated.
Old 03-08-2013, 5:16 PM
Calguns Addict

wow they are allowed to write letters so quick!
shizzle
Old 03-08-2013, 6:54 PM

I think right now it's one a week. At least that is what my twinners tell me and they went through basic just a year or so ago. One is now in Hawaii and one in Korea.
Old 03-17-2013, 4:35 PM

Well I just got a call from South Carolina. The Elder has been medically discharged. He apparently pulled a muscle during an obstacle course and during treatment and x-rays, it was determined that he has a spinal compression issue that nobody knew about. His C5-7 are nearly touching. To think about it, it comes as no surprise that it is probably something attributed to the head injury suffered when he was 15 but he is so disappointed in himself and was worried that we would be disappointed in him. There is no way we could be disappointed in him.
Old 03-17-2013, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
Well I just got a call from South Carolina. The Elder has been medically discharged. He apparently pulled a muscle during an obstacle course and during treatment and x-rays, it was determined that he has a spinal compression issue that nobody knew about. His C5-7 are nearly touching. To think about it, it comes as no surprise that it is probably something attributed to the head injury suffered when he was 15 but he is so disappointed in himself and was worried that we would be disappointed in him. There is no way we could be disappointed in him.

Aww....I'm sorry to hear that. I know he must be feeling disappointed right now; but, he must hold his head high. When it came to serving his country, he raised his hand and said "send me, I'll go." And for that he should be proud.

BK
Old 03-17-2013, 9:07 PM

Yes, no matter what he should be proud, he did more than most people.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 PM

He signed his life on the dotted line for our country and every man, woman's and child's way of life - which is more than some ever do he should be proud and hold his head high he gave it his best

FOR SALE ! MAGPUL GRIP - MAGPUL STOCK - MAGPUL RVG : CLICK HERE ! : https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1637308