Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 08-23-2012, 9:48 PM

I has nothing but good experiences at riflegear. Bought couple of rifles from them and they are always my first choice. Keep up the good experiences and enjoy repeat business u deserve
Old 09-06-2012, 2:54 AM

The guys at Riflegear are an absolutely great bunch. I bought an assortment of accessories from them to build my first AR, and had some problems cycling the magpul dummy rounds through my new AR, they told me to bring it in and low and behold, of course its user error (I'm a newbie) , I wasn't slamming my magazines hard enough and was trying to feed the magazine in with the bolt closed. They taught me how to load the magazine properly, and demonstrated the cycling of the dummy rounds. 4 of them even got together and helped readjust the hand guards on my rifle because it wasn't installed well and now it looks great! These guys are awesome, and very friendly these guys have my support!
Old 10-19-2012, 8:39 PM

Sweet! There's a specific section of this forum and a thread where I get to simply say how great Riflegear is! I've been to most firearms shops that are within a 2 hour drive distance to LA. Riflegear is simply the best. Its not a long haul for me but its certainly not a quick drive, they are well worth it. If they have an item I want, I will buy it from them and no one else. Their great customer service is why I'll always come back.

Now if only they keep expanding so I don't have to go to other places...
Old 01-11-2013, 6:39 PM

Dropped by to do a PPT yesterday after the morons at Turners told me my AR lower was illegal. Awesome service and knowledgable staff. You guys need to open a store closer to me. As soon as this madness calms down I'm buying my next AR from you guys

Old 03-26-2013, 2:52 PM

Default Been there numerous times ... All great experiences

Just wanted to share my review and thoughts.

I have been to a couple firearms stores in southern California (numerous Turners, Island View in Ventura) and the only one I prefer to shop at now is Riflegear. My experience with their customer service has always been top notch, and their staff (particularly Brett, Mike, Sonny) have helped me through all my questions (there were a ton) and concerns in regards to choosing the right handgun / firearm.

My first handgun was purchased from them earlier this year (Beretta) and that was only after going into the shop at least 4 separate times and talking it over with the sales staff. I was never rushed or made to feel silly for walking in that many times.

My second handgun I got from them was a Springfield TRP (their website is great on the email alerts on in stock inventory). They had to do a single-shot exemption on it though because I really wanted a longer barrel since it improves accuracy. But after I received, I politely returned the barrel and asked for the stock one back since I did not like the way it looked after they installed it. They did a great job during the single-shot exemption, no marks or anything to the slide / barrel.

I also recently purchased another firearm from them. And the reason why I keep coming back is because of their great customer service and competitive pricing.

I only have good things to say about them and after reading their racist thread just a moment ago ... I can certainly say they are not racists as they helped me do a ppt transfer to a white guy and they were very nice through the whole thing (first ppt).

In conclusion - great staff / great customer service / great pricing / good inventory selection / not racist.

Last edited by davidwow; 03-26-2013 at 2:57 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 PM

Just wanted to add a fast thank you to Riflegear. Just picked up my second dros item from them and appreciate the friendly, professional staff. They dont roll their eyes when you tell them you are there for a dros like other places I have been to. And being able to look at the website to see what is in stock before going to the store is very nice. I look forward to doing a lot more business at Riflegear and recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-08-2013, 2:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Was helped last Sunday by a young Asian guy named Peter putting a new CZ P-01 in jail that I ordered from the Riflegear website. He offered great service and had a happy, friendly attitude that was contagious, a real asset to your business.
Old 09-08-2013, 2:01 AM
Veteran Member

I'm white and was denied service. Twice. Online.

Ha! Just kidding. They took my paychecks. Heres a middle finger for service that kept bringing me back!
Old 06-24-2014, 9:26 PM

I've done multiple transactions through rifle gear. Staff is knowledgeable and always a great experience. A++++
Old 06-25-2014, 9:31 AM

I had the unthinkable happen to me this past weekend! I walked in and before I could even grab a number the guy at the counter asked me if he could help me. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I don't think I had ever seen so few people in the store. Anyhow, great service Riflegear. Keep doing the Lord's work!
Old 06-22-2020, 6:50 AM

During this pandemic RifleGear really is the best. I’ve dealt with numerous stores and no one has saved me more time and been more friendly than RifleGear.

I’ve bought now 4 guns from them during this COVID crisis and every time has been a smooth and friendly process. I hope they always keep the appointment system. Their shop is a far drive for me but I know when I arrive I’ll be helped right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2020, 9:53 PM

I got really lucky when i chose https://www.riflegear.com to purchase my first firearm . they have been extremely patient with me during my 27 day and counting delay . thank you rifle gear . ill be back for more you got a customer for life .
Old 07-07-2020, 4:14 PM
Banned

I ordered the PSL online from their website and have an appointment with them on July 18th. It will be my first purchase with RifleGear in FountainValley.

I did call them several times to make the purchase and they explained to me in great detail in less than 3 minutes how to go through with the online process INCLUDING ammo transfers.

For those wondering on how to make an online purchase from their website, you can deal in confidence as they have an organized system. Just give them a call! I will update on how my experience went.

UPDATE
Experience was great for a smooth transaction. Professional, punctual, and friendly. Thanks for the excellent service RifleGear you guys are awesome!

Last edited by JKK93; 10-10-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 09-11-2020, 10:22 AM

I don't usually post anything negative and just so everyone is clear I made many purchases with Riflegear in the past. The experience have "ALWAYS" been nothing short of "Awesome". However, I would honest say today I am extremely disappointed. I called yesterday to the Fountain Valley store to inquire for appointment to take the Firearm Safety Test. I was informed over the phone no appointment is needed to just come in store early. I arrived at the store at 9:50 and waited in line to get in the store. After entering at 10 am I was asked by store person to sign-in which I indicated that person told me just to come in. However I still followed direction and signed-in. I proceeded to wait for over 30 min to finally to be texted and called. When I informed the person I would like to take Firearm Safety Test he then informed me that they do not give the test unless I am making a firearm purchase. I told him my experience and all he could say is "I am sorry". I am not sure what happened in 2020 perhaps we are really in upside-down world. I hope this does not continue because I would like to purchase from RifleGear in the future.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamore View Post
I don't usually post anything negative and just so everyone is clear I made many purchases with Riflegear in the past. The experience have "ALWAYS" been nothing short of "Awesome". However, I would honest say today I am extremely disappointed. I called yesterday to the Fountain Valley store to inquire for appointment to take the Firearm Safety Test. I was informed over the phone no appointment is needed to just come in store early. I arrived at the store at 9:50 and waited in line to get in the store. After entering at 10 am I was asked by store person to sign-in which I indicated that person told me just to come in. However I still followed direction and signed-in. I proceeded to wait for over 30 min to finally to be texted and called. When I informed the person I would like to take Firearm Safety Test he then informed me that they do not give the test unless I am making a firearm purchase. I told him my experience and all he could say is "I am sorry". I am not sure what happened in 2020 perhaps we are really in upside-down world. I hope this does not continue because I would like to purchase from RifleGear in the future.
Get your hunting license skip all that crap
Old 01-04-2021, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

Just so you know, a hunting license would only qualify as a Firearm Safety Certificate exemption for long gun transactions. It's also required for nonimmigrant Visa holders for any type of firearm transaction.