Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #561  
Old 04-08-2013, 3:15 PM
SilverTauron SilverTauron is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,705
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDavis View Post
Exactly. Which is why regardless of what party you support, you need to convince your representatives to be more moderate. Focus on things we can all agree on, like fixing the economy, and stop trying to meddle in people's private lives. If people want guns, let them have guns. If people want a gay marriage, let them get married. You will get more votes if you agree to stay out of people's lives.
Wrong.

Your synopsis may make sense in a state like Colorado.

In California, Illinois, and other places the politics are simple. The average person likes cornerstone issues which align with the Democratic Party;and one of those issues is gun control. The party wouldn't have incorporated gun control into its platform if doing so risked votes.

You know why California has so many restrictive gun laws? Because millions of residents, some of them who own guns, want more restrictions. Not even 10% of gun owners are members of a rights advocacy group-because most of them either don't care, or support more restrictions.

I've watched the live vote on Connecticut's gun laws last week. Those legislators , save for two brave souls, were determined and united in their dedication to pass more laws against the RKBA.I find it hard to believe George Soros personally called each one for an attaboy. What's more likely is that millions of Connecticut residents wrote in WANTING more regulation vs the thousand odd gun owners who stood up to the madness.
__________________
The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
-Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 04-08-2013, 4:03 PM
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,430
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDavis View Post
Exactly. Which is why regardless of what party you support, you need to convince your representatives to be more moderate. Focus on things we can all agree on, like fixing the economy, and stop trying to meddle in people's private lives. If people want guns, let them have guns. If people want a gay marriage, let them get married. You will get more votes if you agree to stay out of people's lives.
As I can agree with most of what you said. California Democrats AGREE with most, or all, of their candidates' views. They can call themselves "Pro-2A gun owners" but they really aren't. They send established "anti-gun" democrats into office election after election. They could care less about gun rights and the 2nd Amendment. Why? Because 2A isn't their primary concern. They are more concerned about issues that (to my knowledge) are either already law or will eventually become law as the tide of popular support sweeps those issues into law.

Playing the role of "concerned" gun owner and listing off their great accomplishment to promote the 2nd Amendment doesn't erase the fact that they voted "antis" into office. Now, they may feel justified by their actions. But when challenged, they will cry that "why am I being insulted?"

The rallying cry for those who announce they are Pro-2A but their voting say otherwise.... "We are for the 2nd Amendment but I am not a single issue voter!!" REALLY?
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 04-08-2013, 8:01 PM
garand1945's Avatar
garand1945 garand1945 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 469
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

At this point in history if you are not a single issue voter on the second amendment, you are voting to loose your second amendment rights. The anti's have the majority in CA and can almost do whatever they want. The only way to stop them is to vote them out.

The reality is that many gun owners don't really care about overall gun rights, and if it doesn't affect the type of gun they want to own, they could care less that it affects another gun owner.
__________________
Join the NRA and fight the gun grabbers! https://joinnra.nra.org/join/join.aspx

NRA Lifetime Member

"I suspect that even time travelers are susceptible to the Colt .45"
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 04-08-2013, 8:56 PM
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,430
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand1945 View Post
At this point in history if you are not a single issue voter on the second amendment, you are voting to loose your second amendment rights. The anti's have the majority in CA and can almost do whatever they want. The only way to stop them is to vote them out.

The reality is that many gun owners don't really care about overall gun rights, and if it doesn't affect the type of gun they want to own, they could care less that it affects another gun owner.
I agree.

What do you expect from people who proclaim they support the 2nd Amendment. But excuse themselves for electing anti-2A politicians. You have to challenge them to even admit that they are not a "single issue" voter. And they are challenged, they revert to tactics taught to them by their glorious Democratic Party....

1. change the subject
2. cry about being insulted
3. blame "the other guy"
4. "we need to work together!!" (yeah like they worked to NOT vote antis into office)
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 04-09-2013, 7:51 AM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,326
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand1945 View Post
The reality is that many gun owners don't really care about overall gun rights, and if it doesn't affect the type of gun they want to own, they could care less that it affects another gun owner.
That's human nature unfortunately and not limited to gun ownership.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
--Oscar Wilde

"Self-interest makes some people blind, and others sharp-sighted".
--Francois de la Rochefoucald

"Law represents the effort of man to organize society; governments, the efforts of selfishness to overthrow liberty".
--Henry ward Beecher
__________________
Benefactor Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran


Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
JMP's Avatar
JMP JMP is online now
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,090
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

How is this thread still going on? Anyone who checks a "D" on the California ballot should be ashamed of himself.
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,430
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
How is this thread still going on? Anyone who checks a "D" on the California ballot should be ashamed of himself.
But they said they are "Pro-2A Democrats"!!!!!
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 04-10-2013, 5:48 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
3. legalize marijuana (actively trying to make something that's illegal.. legal)

5. pro-choice (I haven't heard of a city, state nor federal government who has BANNED abortion... I might be wrong)
Don't tell me what I can put in my body............
Don't tell me who I can Marry..............
Tell the Atkins and Mourdocks to STFU..........
Abortion Cost Carly her election.................


Both Parties Suck big Balls when it comes to Rights........
I've held my nose and Voted for the Republican in every General Election since I turned 18 in 1971.......Nixon wanted to ban Handguns, lots of Republican Officeholders are anti-gun in their hearts, too....Look how they vote and read between the lines..........

Both Parties want all the power and don't care what they have to do to get it........

I don't do Drugs, I've never asked or pushed anyone to get an Abortion......I'll leave those people alone and aske they leave me alone, too.....Those on the Right are just as Bad as those on the Left.....they just want to control different things.......
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 04-10-2013, 5:52 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Plenty of Republicans who aren't dedicated to supporting the 2nd Amendment. But as a whole, the Republican Party is Pro-2A. Can the Democratic Party say that same? Sure, some Democrats say they are Pro-2A, but their beliefs say otherwise.

When people say "I am pro-2A." But when challenged they say they are NOT a "single issue" voter. And that the 2nd Amendment is secondary in their priority of issues. So sure, there are half-hearted Republicans out there.
I Bet there is a Bunch of Republicans in here that if it came down to Banning Abortion along with Guns or taking both off the Table......They'd throw their Guns under the Bus to get rid of Abortion........
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 04-10-2013, 5:56 PM
vonderplatz's Avatar
vonderplatz vonderplatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 1,251
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
I Bet there is a Bunch of Republicans in here that if it came down to Banning Abortion along with Guns or taking both off the Table......They'd throw their Guns under the Bus to get rid of Abortion........
You are offering a false choice.
__________________
There's no such thing as a former Marine. - General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

Romans 1:16 - 32

Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 04-10-2013, 5:56 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
I Bet there is a Bunch of Republicans in here that if it came down to Banning Abortion along with Guns or taking both off the Table......They'd throw their Guns under the Bus to get rid of Abortion........
I'm not for banning all abortion but I know for a fact that guns don't kill people, but abortions do.
By the way, that is not what this thread is about. Why are you trying so hard to distract from the issue at hand and make excuses?
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 04-10-2013, 5:57 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otalps View Post
It's pretty simple, from the NRA-ILA, GOP Adopts Strongly Pro-Gun Platform and the dem platform calls for a reinstatement of the AWB and that the right to own firearms “is subject to reasonable regulation."
There's a faction in the NRA leadership that thinks the 'R' is for Republicans or Religion not Rifles......
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 04-10-2013, 5:59 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
There's a faction in the NRA leadership that thinks the 'R' is for Republicans or Religion not Rifles......
Once again, what does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread?
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:00 PM
vonderplatz's Avatar
vonderplatz vonderplatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 1,251
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
There's a faction in the NRA leadership that thinks the 'R' is for Republicans or Religion not Rifles......
The NRA does look a little R right now, but maybe that is because the vast majority of D's want nothing to do with us.
__________________
There's no such thing as a former Marine. - General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

Romans 1:16 - 32

Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:03 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonderplatz View Post
The NRA does look a little R right now, but maybe that is because the vast majority of D's want nothing to do with us.
Or it could have something to do with the fact that the Dems have gun control as part of their official party platform.
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:04 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
I'm not for banning all abortion but I know for a fact that guns don't kill people, but abortions do.
By the way, that is not what this thread is about. Why are you trying so hard to distract from the issue at hand and make excuses?

Because your Good Buddy
Bsandoc40 brought it up in point number (5) of his rant............
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:06 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Or it could have something to do with the fact that the Dems have gun control as part of their official party platform.
The NRA gives a lot of leeway in their ratings when it comes to anti-gun Republicans........
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:10 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
I'm not for banning all abortion but I know for a fact that guns don't kill people, but abortions do.
By the way, that is not what this thread is about. Why are you trying so hard to distract from the issue at hand and make excuses?

Because just like I held my nose and voted for a Juan McStain I know a lot of Fiscal conservative/Social moderates that would hold their nose and vote for a Republican if they took the Abortion issue off their platform.......
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:34 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

We made a deal with the Devil to get rid of Willie Brown........

And he knew the Republicans would lose power in this State over the long run under term limits......He's laughing all the way to the bank over that....
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:36 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
I'm not for banning all abortion but I know for a fact that guns don't kill people, but abortions do.
By the way, that is not what this thread is about. Why are you trying so hard to distract from the issue at hand and make excuses?

There's a 2 Ton White Elephant in the Room and Y'all just shy away from talking about how it affects elections in California......
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #581  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:45 PM
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,430
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
I Bet there is a Bunch of Republicans in here that if it came down to Banning Abortion along with Guns or taking both off the Table......They'd throw their Guns under the Bus to get rid of Abortion........
I have no problem with abortion, amnesty of illegals, blah blah.... I'd vote for a politician that has a "pro stance on those issues. But if that politician isn't "pro-2A" then he/she gets a no vote from me. If other issues are so valiantly defended by Democrats as a "RIGHT", but they so easily discard one of the original Bill of Rights... then they get no sympathy nor tolerance from me.

If a woman chooses to have an abortion, by LAW, it is her RIGHT to do so. Don't assume my support of the 2nd Amendment makes me a bible-thumping, neo-con.. far from it. But if I choose to have an AR, by LAW, it is my right for no one to infringe upon myself having an AR.

Got you all riled up posting/replying in bold letters. "You mad, bro?"
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:50 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
I have no problem with abortion, amnesty of illegals, blah blah.... I'd vote for a politician that has a "pro stance on those issues. But if that politician isn't "pro-2A" then he/she gets a no vote from me. If other issues are so valiantly defended by Democrats as a "RIGHT", but they so easily discard one of the original Bill of Rights... then they get no sympathy nor tolerance from me.

If a woman chooses to have an abortion, by LAW, it is her RIGHT to do so. Don't assume my support of the 2nd Amendment makes me a bible-thumping, neo-con.. far from it. But if I choose to have an AR, by LAW, it is my right for no one to infringe upon myself having an AR.

Got you all riled up posting/replying in bold letters. "You mad, bro?"

I almost always post in bold........
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 04-10-2013, 6:53 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
I have no problem with abortion, amnesty of illegals, blah blah.... I'd vote for a politician that has a "pro stance on those issues. But if that politician isn't "pro-2A" then he/she gets a no vote from me. If other issues are so valiantly defended by Democrats as a "RIGHT", but they so easily discard one of the original Bill of Rights... then they get no sympathy nor tolerance from me.

If a woman chooses to have an abortion, by LAW, it is her RIGHT to do so. Don't assume my support of the 2nd Amendment makes me a bible-thumping, neo-con.. far from it. But if I choose to have an AR, by LAW, it is my right for no one to infringe upon myself having an AR.

Got you all riled up posting/replying in bold letters. "You mad, bro?"

Best to ignore the mad he is only attempting to distract from the subject at hand.
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:20 PM
otalps's Avatar
otalps otalps is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,010
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
There's a faction in the NRA leadership that thinks the 'R' is for Republicans or Religion not Rifles......
I'm not sure what that has to do with what I wrote.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:23 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otalps View Post
I'm not sure what that has to do with what I wrote.
The is mad, you can't expect reason from a mad .
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:25 PM
Sgt Raven's Avatar
Sgt Raven Sgt Raven is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 85/101
Posts: 2,679
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post

Best to ignore the mad he is only attempting to distract from the subject at hand.

Yeah your constant 'D' bad 'R' good, if that's your whole answer, why keep saying it over and over?

I've already said I've voted Republican in every General Election since 1971.....How long have you been voting? I think I've been voting longer than the majority on this board.....

But I'm a Troll who wants to expand gun rights and know a lot of people who won't vote Republican and know why they won't....But it makes you feel good to say I'm a Troll...Keep ignoring the 2 Ton White Elephant in California elections, and lose more and more of what little power you have left in this State......

You have no idea of who some of my late Wife's friends are and who's ears they can whisper in....But just dismiss me as a Troll....I have to have something to go to them with and this thread shows nothing....
__________________

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:29 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
Yeah your constant 'D' bad 'R' good, if that's your whole answer, why keep saying it over and over?

I've already said I've voted Republican in every General Election since 1971.....How long have you been voting? I think I've been voting longer than the majority on this board.....

But I'm a Troll who wants to expand gun rights and know a lot of people who won't vote Republican and know why they won't....But it makes you feel good to say I'm a Troll...Keep ignoring the 2 Ton White Elephant in California elections, and lose more and more of what little power you have left in this State......

You have no idea of who some of my late Wife's friends are and who's ears they can whisper in....But just dismiss me as a Troll....I have to have something to go to them with and this thread shows nothing....
Okay, your a super secret that knows people. Too bad you just can't seem to comprehend the topic of this thread.
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:30 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
I Bet there is a Bunch of Republicans in here that if it came down to Banning Abortion along with Guns or taking both off the Table......They'd throw their Guns under the Bus to get rid of Abortion........
What a repulsive and ludicrous hypothetical. Almost like saying a parent would agree to the death of their daughter so long as their son could live (or vice versa.) What's your point in making it?

All that said, the priority is indeed life -- over everything. Without life there's no need for the 2A -- or any other right. If you cannot see that, then that's on you. And before you tell me that there can be no assurances of life unless there is a 2A, I'll laugh at you and ask what the 2A has done for the 3K+ kids that are aborted each day in the USA?
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:32 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
What a repulsive and ludicrous hypothetical. Almost like saying a parent would agree to the death of their daughter so long as their son could live (or vice versa.) What's your point in making it?

All that said, the priority is indeed life -- over everything. Without life there's no need for the 2A -- or any other right. If you cannot see that, then that's on you. And before you tell me that there can be no assurances of life unless there is a 2A, I'll laugh at you and ask what the 2A has done for the 3K+ kids that are aborted each day in the USA?
I love it, a trolling a .
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 04-10-2013, 7:54 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Raven View Post
Yeah your constant 'D' bad 'R' good, if that's your whole answer, why keep saying it over and over?

I've already said I've voted Republican in every General Election since 1971.....How long have you been voting? I think I've been voting longer than the majority on this board.....

But I'm a Troll who wants to expand gun rights and know a lot of people who won't vote Republican and know why they won't....But it makes you feel good to say I'm a Troll...Keep ignoring the 2 Ton White Elephant in California elections, and lose more and more of what little power you have left in this State......

You have no idea of who some of my late Wife's friends are and who's ears they can whisper in....But just dismiss me as a Troll....I have to have something to go to them with and this thread shows nothing....
Don't worry about it. When people start labeling others as "trolls" on these forums, it's nothing more than an public admission that they don't pack the gear to engage and prevail at debate.

The process is fairly predictable. Someone will post something that someone else does not agree with. The offended individual then responds in an illogical, non-factual manner. The person who originally posted then refutes the retort with logic/facts.

Because their first response was the best they are capable of, the offended person resorts to ad hominem attacks. If the original poster ignores them, the offender can claim a victory (in their minds) and that's the end of it.

If the original poster responds with more facts/reason, the offended will continue to spew ad hominems, culminating in the charging the other person with being a "troll." They might even get mad enough to pepper their retorts with graphics.

So don't worry about it...
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 04-10-2013, 8:42 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,005
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Don't worry about it. When people start labeling others as "trolls" on these forums, it's nothing more than an public admission that they don't pack the gear to engage and prevail at debate.

The process is fairly predictable. Someone will post something that someone else does not agree with. The offended individual then responds in an illogical, non-factual manner. The person who originally posted then refutes the retort with logic/facts.

Because their first response was the best they are capable of, the offended person resorts to ad hominem attacks. If the original poster ignores them, the offender can claim a victory (in their minds) and that's the end of it.

If the original poster responds with more facts/reason, the offended will continue to spew ad hominems, culminating in the charging the other person with being a "troll." They might even get mad enough to pepper their retorts with graphics.

So don't worry about it...
I'm still waiting to see you do that.. That's the whole problem here, you as the OP started yet another a troll thread based on a lie, refuse to provide anything to back up your claims, distort your own source as well as the post of others and then show false indignity when your trolling is exposed. Classic troll behavior.
__________________


Sent from my Ivory Tower using Moral High Ground 2.0

No messages are hidden because I am not an emotional snowflake.

DACA; Registration leads to deportation.


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:43 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.