Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

View Poll Results: How interested are you in buying a Sturdy Safe?
100% onboard with the Sturdy Safe Group buy, ready to buy ASAP. 17 26.56%
100% onboard with the Sturdy Safe Group buy, ready to buy in 1-3 months. 3 4.69%
Ready to buy a safe but not sold on Sturdy Safe. 6 9.38%
Ready to buy a Sturdy Safe but not for at least 3 months. 2 3.13%
Iím onboard for a Sturdy Safe Group buy ASAP, but ONLY if we get at least a 10% discount 1 1.56%
Iím onboard for a Sturdy Safe Group buy ASAP, but ONLY if we get at least a 15% discount 8 12.50%
I might be onboard but need more info. 17 26.56%
Iím not interested, just following the thread. 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2020, 1:41 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
Just to confirm, have you shown her the new finish options?
Yes, they aren't to her liking. Our current safe is gloss black with chrome hardware, fancy interior with LED lighting. She wants the same or better, so no choice but to stick with Liberty.
Old 05-05-2020, 2:39 PM

Default max discount

Quote:

I want to reiterate 2 things.

#1, we cannot guarantee any discount. If I have 20 people tell me "they're in" then we should get a 16% discount (plus extended warranty), but if only 4 of those 20 actually call Sturdy Safe and place their order, we won't get 16%. That is out of my control, but I can do my best to tell you once again, please make a decision and stick with it. It's go time! With that said, I believe we will have enough to get the max discount.

#2, we must all place our order on the same day. If you want in on the group buy but you are unable to spend 10 minutes on the phone placing an order with Sturdy Safe on 5/12/2020 during their normal business hours, please send me a PM and let me know. I might be able to help.
I just reread this entire post and this is the first mention of any discount NOT being gauranteed.
The deal is 15 or more orders = 16% off discount plus the extra warranty, correct? Has that condition
changed in any way? Just want to confirm that those are still the terms of this group buy.

I understand that less orders equals a smaller discount but if we have
15 confirmed then the max discount and extra warranty still applies?
Old 05-05-2020, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug_eyedmonster View Post
Yes, they aren't to her liking. Our current safe is gloss black with chrome hardware, fancy interior with LED lighting. She wants the same or better, so no choice but to stick with Liberty.
Some of the safes on sturdy's facebook page are really awesome looking IMO
Old 05-05-2020, 4:24 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatarush View Post
Some of the safes on sturdy's facebook page are really awesome looking IMO
I guess opinions vary. Best of luck with the GB gents.
Old 05-05-2020, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Buck View Post
I just reread this entire post and this is the first mention of any discount NOT being gauranteed.
The deal is 15 or more orders = 16% off discount plus the extra warranty, correct? Has that condition
changed in any way? Just want to confirm that those are still the terms of this group buy.

If we get 16 people to participate in this group buy the maximum discount should be guaranteed. Nothing has changed. It just depends on if get 16 people to follow through and participate the day of the group purchase. After this group buy is done it could be many years before there is another. My thanks to scbauer for his efforts in putting this all together
Old 05-05-2020, 5:00 PM

My bad it is 15 people to get maximum discount
Old 05-05-2020, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Buck View Post

Joe, sorry if it wasn't clear. Just look at post #1, nothing has changed. If we get 4 people, 5% discount, all the way up to 15 people = 16% discount. 14+ and we ALSO get an extended warranty. Nothing has changed, but here's how it works...

Let's say by Monday morning next week I have 20 people who have PM'd me and told me they will call Sturdy Safe on Tuesday 5/12 and place their order, but then by end of day Tuesday, only 9 people have called to order a safe. We will get 10% off, not 16%. We only get the discount based on people who ACTUALLY COMMIT and call Sturdy Safe to place their $300 deposit.

If we get 20 people who call and place their deposit, we get 16% off. If I end up being the only one to place an order, I pay full price.

Hope that's clear. Nothing has changed since post #1, just reiterated.
Old 05-05-2020, 7:11 PM

Quote:
If we get 16 people to participate in this group buy the maximum discount should be guaranteed. Nothing has changed. It just depends on if get 16 people to follow through and participate the day of the group purchase. After this group buy is done it could be many years before there is another. My thanks to scbauer for his efforts in putting this all together
I just wanted a discount.
Old 05-05-2020, 7:15 PM

6 confirmed for a 5/12 purchase date.

5 of those were on the original 18 commit list, 1 is new (previously uncommitted).

Also, for those keepting track, no worries about bug_eyedmonster, he didn't previously commit so we still have 13 people who previously said they were in that have not yet committed to placing their deposit on 5/12/2020.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm still in. PM sent.
Old 05-06-2020, 9:39 AM

YGPM. Thank you.

Quote:
Just reiterating that some models are excluded. Here’s what I got from Sturdy Safe:
Curious why are these models excluded? Feel free to add details to PM I previously sent. Thank you.

Sign the RECALL NEWSOM petition. https://recallgavin2020.com/

WTB: CZ P-10S and CZ 75 Short Rail
PM. Thanks!

Last edited by czakita; 05-06-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 05-06-2020, 5:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm in. Pm on the way. Thanks for setting this up.
Old 05-06-2020, 6:00 PM

Everyone please PM their confirmation to scbauer so we can
confirm we have all the people we need (15) to get the best
deal possible on this group buy. 16% off with the extra warranty
is pretty hard to beat. Thanks to all who has participated so far!
Old 05-06-2020, 9:13 PM

9 confirmed as of 10:10pm for the 5/12 purchase date!

Keep the PM's coming!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:16 AM

Still in. I'll send PM now.
Old 05-07-2020, 6:24 AM

11 confirmed for a 5/12 purchase!

Thanks everyone, keep the PM’s coming.
Old 05-07-2020, 7:21 AM

12 confirmed for 5/12!
Old 05-07-2020, 9:35 PM

13 confirmed for making the purchase THIS TUESDAY, 5/12!

If you want in and you haven’t PM’d me yet, please do so ASAP!
Old 05-07-2020, 9:52 PM

Okay, I just sent a PM to everyone who previously showed interest (from the poll) but hasn’t sent confirmation. That should push us up and over the 15 mark.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:15 PM

We have 14 people confirmed!

That means we are at 15% discount + a free extended warranty! Great job everyone!
Old 05-07-2020, 10:18 PM

AWESOME! Thanks so much for taking this on.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:34 PM

We need to keep bumping this until May 12.

Thank you scbauer.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:28 AM

Delivery of orders will be direct to customers ? Will they offer any delivery inside home with bolting down services etc? This group buy applies to any model Sturdy safe?
Old 05-08-2020, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
Delivery of orders will be direct to customers ? Will they offer any delivery inside home with bolting down services etc? This group buy applies to any model Sturdy safe?
yes, delivery will be direct to your address. They can put it in your garage. I do not believe that they deliver in your house, but not sure. I have bolted down two safes just from watching videos on U tube. It is really easy if you use a hammer drill. I think the smallest safe you can purchase is 24w 19d 60h.
Old 05-08-2020, 2:34 AM

Quote:
yes, delivery will be direct to your address. They can put it in your garage. I do not believe that they deliver in your house, but not sure. I have bolted down two safes just from watching videos on U tube. It is really easy if you use a hammer drill. I think the smallest safe you can purchase is 24w 19d 60h.
Perfect,thanks for the details.
Old 05-08-2020, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Ok, well weíve got 8 people ready to buy in the next 3 months (we might need to work on timing) and another 7 who might be in but ďneed some convincing (more info).Ē So, for those that are on the fence, what questions can we answer?
Iím interested and looking at minimum the model 4227-6 or bigger sizes. Like to confirm that these Sturdy safes do not have electrical outlet kits inside the safe to connect dry rods or other electrical devices inside the safe? Not a deal breaker but itís nice to have internal electrical outlets etc like how the Liberty safes do.

Also, for this specific model and higher models the body is 4g thick and door is 3/8Ē thick. Is the top and bottom of the safe also 4g thick?

Thanks gentlemen
Old 05-08-2020, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Iím interested and looking at minimum the model 4227-6 or bigger sizes. Like to confirm that these Sturdy safes do not have electrical outlet kits inside the safe to connect dry rods or other electrical devices inside the safe? Not a deal breaker but itís nice to have internal electrical outlets etc like how the Liberty safes do.

Also, for this specific model and higher models the body is 4g thick and door is 3/8Ē thick. Is the top and bottom of the safe also 4g thick?

Thanks gentlemen
Yes, the ďbodyĒ is everything except the door, so it includes top and bottom. You can also add additional steel to make it thicker. Take a look at their ďMagnum SteelĒ or other packages. Their Signature Package has an added 3/16Ē stainless steel panel welded all around the inside of the safe.

https://www.sturdysafe.com/pages/packages

As for electronics, they do not have anything internal, but you can have them drill a small hole to run a wire through. My current Sturdy Safe has a golden rod inside.
Old 05-08-2020, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Yes, the ďbodyĒ is everything except the door, so it includes top and bottom. You can also add additional steel to make it thicker. Take a look at their ďMagnum SteelĒ or other packages. Their Signature Package has an added 3/16Ē stainless steel panel welded all around the inside of the safe.

https://www.sturdysafe.com/pages/packages

As for electronics, they do not have anything internal, but you can have them drill a small hole to run a wire through. My current Sturdy Safe has a golden rod inside.
Great thanks for confirming. Let me brainstorm my Safe options and will confirm for the GB by Monday. If you donít mind, please pm me or post here in case I forget to commit as my hospital schedule is crazy at work.. many thanks
Old 05-08-2020, 6:33 AM

I have committed for the 5/12 buy already. Does anyone have any experience using the rifle rods? Please let me know as I'm leaning that way at the moment.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:22 AM

Default Sturdy Safe Group Buy 2020 - happening 5/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redder590 View Post
I have committed for the 5/12 buy already. Does anyone have any experience using the rifle rods? Please let me know as I'm leaning that way at the moment.

No experience... was on the fence myself about standard rack vs rifle rods.

Anyone have experience with both?

To be honest, I didnít REALLY understand what they were, but found this picture online to be very helpful. The underside of the shelf has Velcro that holds the rods in place, so the rods just stick into the barrel a little bit, not all the way down to the action.

Last edited by scbauer; 05-08-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-08-2020, 3:48 PM

Last question - regarding the garage delivery: does the freight driver just dump it right past the garage opening and will they take the palate with them to throw away, or will they drop it off at a requested designated area inside the garage? And will they deliver this discreetly etc or is the safe visible to neighbors etc?

I watched Sturdy’s safe delivery you tube video and have read that with a tip most drivers have complied to bring it inside to a designated spot inside the garage. I Just don’t want to risk being stuck with a 1200lbs + safe on day of delivery and no help bringing it further in the garage along with being stuck with a huge palate that I need to take apart and throw away(work has been busy and no time for this stuff). Whereas purchasing from my safe stores I can pay the $300-400 and get it setup anywhere and placed where I specify including level and anchor the safe, and they deliver discreetly and take the box and packaging away etc.

Just had a douche mid thirties physically fit freight driver drop off a 150lbs order right at my doorstep that refused to my family to help bring it past the front porch inside. Lost his chance for an easy $20-40 tip my spouse would have given him for 5minutes of extra labor. I came home and took it in...
Old 05-08-2020, 5:21 PM

Humor me in this unlikely scenario: say only 3 people commit and place an order Tuesday, will I be locked in on the full online price, or would Sturdy honor a previous quote?
Old 05-08-2020, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alittleevil View Post
Humor me in this unlikely scenario: say only 3 people commit and place an order Tuesday, will I be locked in on the full online price, or would Sturdy honor a previous quote?
Per the first page and on Sturdy safe website for group buys, if only 3 people order looks like buyers would get 4% off.

The awesome bargain is for 15 buyers or more for 16% off. compared to all the safe manufacturers out there Sturdy are great safes and with 16% off is really a great bang for your dollar.

Iím just trying to confirm my outstanding questions and will commit if this group buy is positive 15 buyers towards the 16% off with upgrade warranty additional perk etc.
Old 05-08-2020, 7:17 PM

Just
Old 05-08-2020, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alittleevil View Post
You would be stuck at 4% off the quoted price, which is still better than most other safes given that the product is superior.

That said, Iíve got a friend whoís definitely buying, and my contractor just finished framing out the cutout in my closet where my safe is going, so that makes two, and you would be #3. That means everyone else drops out... not everyone from the poll, but everyone who PMís me in the last 3 days saying they were in. Not gonna happen.

I expect we will finish the group buy with 17-18 safes purchased.
Old 05-08-2020, 7:21 PM

Do you think they'll allow you to stack discounts, specifically the added 1.5% discount for cash, check or money order that they state on their FAQs?
Old 05-08-2020, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chondro View Post
Do you think they'll allow you to stack discounts, specifically the added 1.5% discount for cash, check or money order that they state on their FAQs?
I donít know the answer to that, but itís a good question. I do know they said when you call to order the prices might be better than whatís online. That said, if you call them they can answer that question, or just email them using the contact form in their website (but check your spam folder because their emails keep going to my spam).
Old 05-08-2020, 7:49 PM

Default Sturdy Safe Group Buy 2020 - happening 5/12

Quote:
Last question - regarding the garage delivery: does the freight driver just dump it right past the garage opening and will they take the palate with them to throw away, or will they drop it off at a requested designated area inside the garage? And will they deliver this discreetly etc or is the safe visible to neighbors etc?

I watched Sturdyís safe delivery you tube video and have read that with a tip most drivers have complied to bring it inside to a designated spot inside the garage. I Just donít want to risk being stuck with a 1200lbs + safe on day of delivery and no help bringing it further in the garage along with being stuck with a huge palate that I need to take apart and throw away(work has been busy and no time for this stuff). Whereas purchasing from my safe stores I can pay the $300-400 and get it setup anywhere and placed where I specify including level and anchor the safe, and they deliver discreetly and take the box and packaging away etc.

Just had a douche mid thirties physically fit freight driver drop off a 150lbs order right at my doorstep that refused to my family to help bring it past the front porch inside. Lost his chance for an easy $20-40 tip my spouse would have given him for 5minutes of extra labor. I came home and took it in...

You donít want them doing much more than bringing the safe to your garage. They are a delivery company, not safe movers.

Sturdy Safe has a list of recommended movers. I called the guy on the list who is local to me and he quoted $300 to move my safe into place, up some stairs from the garage, bolt it down, etc.

Last edited by scbauer; 05-08-2020 at 7:56 PM..
Old 05-08-2020, 8:13 PM

Quote:
You don’t want them doing much more than bringing the safe to your garage. They are a delivery company, not safe movers.

Sturdy Safe has a list of recommended movers. I called the guy on the list who is local to me and he quoted $300 to move my safe into place, up some stairs from the garage, bolt it down, etc.
Absolutely, I wasn’t expecting anything more than placement somewhere specifically in the garage temporarily until I get my contractors to frame it into my gun room.

I just didn’t want any surprises like they drop it off at the garage in a random spot and leave me hang and dry along with the pallet. It will be a while before my contractors are available to move and custom install it into the gun room due to the current COVID19 situation etc.

Thanks for your patience with my questions, I’ll give this some thought and reach out before the deadline if I commit.

Happy Mother’s Day weekend everyone , stay healthy.

Last edited by vg247; 05-08-2020 at 9:36 PM..
Old 05-09-2020, 6:14 AM

Saturday morning bump. Let’s see if we can get a few more people onboard for Tuesday!

Call your friends! Call your coworkers! Call your range buddies and hunting buddies! Let’s get 5 more people committed by Tuesday!

Keep the PM’s coming everyone.