Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-21-2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinsinia View Post
two hours eight minutes in, my mistake.
Thanks for that. I have a pretty lackluster rural internet connection so it's hard for me to easily skip through these videos to find time stamps. Specifically it starts at
Code:
2:08:40
Old 05-23-2020, 8:17 AM

Default resurrecting on roster

Just thinking.. Any idea how many guns are still on the roster that arent being made anymore? Rock Island just brought some back and they seem to be flying off the shelves. Wondering if it might be worth while for others to do the same. Thereby bypassing all this micro stamping, lci, magazine disconnect garbage since the pistols are already on the roster. It's a way to add pistols to the market without going through the hoops again since they are already on the roster.
Old 05-23-2020, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGSDAD View Post
Just thinking.. Any idea how many guns are still on the roster that arent being made anymore? Rock Island just brought some back and they seem to be flying off the shelves. Wondering if it might be worth while for others to do the same. Thereby bypassing all this micro stamping, lci, magazine disconnect garbage since the pistols are already on the roster. It's a way to add pistols to the market without going through the hoops again since they are already on the roster.

I did some research on the semi-auto pistols on the roster,

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1591563

About %40 are discontinued.
Old 05-23-2020, 8:48 AM

Seems to me it would make sense to bring some back. At least you would have something in the California market.
Old 05-23-2020, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Seems to me it would make sense to bring some back. At least you would have something in the California market.

Id rather the manufacturers bail on CA and let the roster collapse. Im tired of getting the scraps off the table.

Perhaps if the roster becomes empty, the people will actually rise up and remove these tyrants. Pipe dream, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-23-2020, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralhunter View Post
Id rather the manufacturers bail on CA and let the roster collapse. Im tired of getting the scraps off the table.

Perhaps if the roster becomes empty, the people will actually rise up and remove these tyrants. Pipe dream, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pipe dream indeed. 2/3 of Californians want a completely gun free state.
Old 05-24-2020, 8:14 PM

Quote:
2/3 of Californians want a completely gun free state.
Wrong, Californians are told, they want a completely gun free state, but 1/3 see the BS

NRA Life Member since 1978
CRPA Life Member since 1978
Old 05-24-2020, 10:35 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
I disagree.

Around 2/3 of CA residents do not see guns as a useful part of their lives; they're encouraged to believe only bad things about guns and gun owners by politicians and their cheer-leading media lackies.

So, it probably wouldn't bother most of that 2/3 if guns were to become much less common, but that's unlikely to be a conscious goal just now.

Give it a few more years.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankhatch View Post
Wrong, Californians are told, they want a completely gun free state, but 1/3 see the BS

yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
I disagree.

Around 2/3 of CA residents do not see guns as a useful part of their lives; they're encouraged to believe only bad things about guns and gun owners by politicians and their cheer-leading media lackies.

So, it probably wouldn't bother most of that 2/3 if guns were to become much less common, but that's unlikely to be a conscious goal just now.

Give it a few more years.
Thanks to academia and the news telling people and students for decades

I see when Newsom's two terms as governor are over we'll pretty much have nothing left or nothing that isn't legislated to irrelevance all with Newsom having his press conferences stating it's for a safer California and the so called "I have respect for the Second Amendment".

His successor will finish it off.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.