Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 AM

Default Christian Apocalyptic and Prepper Fiction

I started reading fiction novels several years ago after stumbling upon Patriots by James Rawls. I enjoyed the book and then went into the series Apocalypse Dawn and the sequels by Mel Odom. Most recently I have read the mini novels in the Days of Elijah series by Mark Goodwin.

All of these books have similar themes driven by the Christian beliefs of the central characters, the end time or apocalyptic environmental settings, the detailed firearms components and the general need to be prepared for the future collapse of the world as we know it. I also enjoyed a number of books by Dale Rosenberg although these had less of a firearms/military angle but they were excellent reading including The Copper Scroll, The Ezekiel Option and others.

I wondered if any of you have similar reading interests and if you might share some of the books you have read along these same themes. By the way, I read a lot of Kindle ebooks and also buy a lot of used books after years of having spent thousands on first release retail. Money is now a bigger factor than in my earlier years so I have learned to be a bit wiser about enjoying my hobby. I have also used the Library of Congress website and downloaded pdfs of dozens of older books, mostly about African hunting in the 1800's.

Appreciate any sharing you might want to do.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:33 AM

I find the Book of Revelation more than enough for my Apocalyptic story needs!

And, being a pre-millennium believer, I plan on heading up to heaven with the Rapture if I'm not already there through the normal means of transition.

Enjoy your books! I have several thousand myself - focused mostly on Bible study!

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 12-17-2017, 8:37 PM

Personally any hunting book by Peter H. Capstick is a gold mine of a read! As a big game hunter myself, I personally own four of his books:

-Death in the long grass
-Death in the silent places
-Death in the dark continent
-The last ivory hunter.

I also enjoy reading books from Teddy Roosevelt:

-Hunting trips of a ranchman
-African game trails

Both authors are just riveting. But nothing beats the tails of my hunting hero, Peter Hathaway Capstick. God may He rest his soul.

As far as the rapture, personally I don’t believe in that myth. It’s NOT biblical. It was created by John Nelson Darby in the early 1900’s. I only believe in a second coming of Christ.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Trump.
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 12-17-2017 at 8:39 PM..
Old 12-18-2017, 4:09 AM

I didn't mention that I have about six of Peter Capstick's books. I love reading about the white hunters in Africa.